Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2016 8:10 AM

Dec 2015
If I do it will usually be a couples of days after finishing it, and if I lower the score it will be a single point.
Aug 22, 2016 8:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not particularly often but yeah occasionally. Mostly if/when I have time to reflect on something more properly rather than be dragged in by any ongoing hype it may have had when it was airing etc
Aug 22, 2016 8:13 AM

Feb 2015
I sometimes change my scores, but not always lower them when I do.
Aug 22, 2016 8:18 AM
Mar 2016
I do that rarely but when I do I change the scores of anime that I watched long before getting Mal. Might as well give an example. Black Bullet was one of the first anime I watched so of course I thought it was really amazing and I gave it score 9 when I got Mal a year later but couple weeks ago when my brother watched Black Bullet I watched some eps too and had to change the score to 7 xD
Aug 22, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Sometimes, and more often than not eventually, especially so if I rewatch the show. But that doesn't mean they'll get lowered. A few examples~

I raised my score for the Devil May Cry anime by one point after rewatching it because, at the very least, it shows the main character's day-to-day life when not trying to save the world from some "giant ass demon thing", something none of the games or even other extended media involving the franchise has done in the past and even now years after the shows release, which in my eyes deserves a little recognition and praise.

Conversely, I lowered the scores of Hunter x Hunter's Greed Island ova's after revisiting them, because I forgot just how terrible the animation is despite the story, lowering it by one point.
Aug 22, 2016 8:43 AM

Nov 2014
Sometimes i will as i have done so quite a few times in the past and lowered and i think raised some?
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Aug 22, 2016 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
I have done that several times before yes. The more anime I watch the more I get a feel for what I really did enjoy. I originally rated most anime 7-10 when I started on this site, but when I watched more anime I realized what anime i really enjoyed and what I just thought was "meh" or not good.
Aug 22, 2016 1:20 PM

Dec 2013
I re-watch a lot of stuff so sometimes I'll lower them and sometimes I'll raise them. I've never done a blanket score change though.
Aug 22, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
Nothing as drastic as 8 to 5 ( I mean damn) but sometimes I change a score a day after I given it, though that only happened once as well as increasing a score.
"I have respect for those who have lived a full life."
- Decim (Death Parade)
"I want to deliver your eulogy."

- Otshepagetse

Aug 22, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2011
One time I did go through and rerate things. But I really don't do that often. I think about a year after a series is out and you have watched it you would have your final judgement like if it stuck in your mind, if you still liked it... but I find I do that less and less the more anime I watch. It has become easier to just say if I like it or not if I am going to think it sticks with me.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 22, 2016 2:24 PM

Aug 2016
I'm new to MAL but I was thinking about this recently, as the more I watch - the more experiences and tales I see, some better than what I've seen previously & some worse.

I think with hindsight and more knowledge it's somewhat natural to look into re-evaluating how you scored things, especially as you're no longer in the 'honeymoon period' with shows you're all loved up on and enjoying for the first time around.
Aug 22, 2016 2:44 PM

Apr 2014
I feel like I'm on the edge of completely changing my whole list scores.. It's just getting harder to rate, not sure why.
Aug 22, 2016 2:53 PM

Jun 2012
I find it too bothersome to change my whole list now but I did modified my dropped shows a few months ago. Normally I don't give rating to my dropped series.
Aug 22, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
I rated Berserk (2016) as an 8/10 when it first came out. So yes, I definitely lower my scores over time. I also rated the Tokyo Ghoul manga something like 4 or 5 but after finishing it jumped to a 9 and after the sequel manga it dropped to an 8/10.

I only usually change scores for anime that I care about, anime that that I think about very often, or anime that have some sentimental value to me.

Don't even get me started on Gintama. My scores have fluctuated from 4's all the way to 10's.
Aug 22, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2015
I used to do it quite frequently. My mean score ended up dropping from around 7ish to the current 5.82 - although it must be said that a large portion of the changed scores were for 1-2 episode OVAs which I intentionally rate lower so as to not bloat my 8+s.

But it's pretty natural that as you watch more anime you'll want to branch out and spread your scores around; you'll see new stuff that you like more in comparison to others you've seen and rate them accordingly. Pretty natural.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 28, 2016 1:19 AM

Sep 2013
I found that as I've matured I've become a lot more picky so yeah, for sure
Aug 28, 2016 5:16 AM
Feb 2016
Yeah, I change my scores all the time. Right now, I'm pretty happy with my scores though, mainly because of my new 5 star rating system which means I don't have to bother between the difference of a 5/10 and a 6/10.

A few things have jumped in scores over time... FLCL, Ping Pong and K-On!! all have higher scores than when I first rated them.
Aug 28, 2016 5:17 AM

Nov 2014
it happened to me only once i think,it's a matter that an ep-2 was good and the rest was meh. sometimes it because of a character.
Aug 28, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
Your opinions change over time and so do your scores.
Aug 28, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
Ya if I change the score I mostly lower it. Since I score them usually right after finishing the series, I may give them higher scores because I liked the ending a lot or because hype.
Aug 28, 2016 5:41 AM
Aug 2015
Yes. Re:Zero went from a 9 to a 6 in just 5 episodes.
Aug 28, 2016 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
I do change my scores very often, I tend to lower them more often the raising them up tho.

Also recently I did reworked my entire list just to space out my scores a little bit more, and I am planning on reworking my list yet again this time beacuse I find it easier to say why I like the show than dislike it, so I plan to make it so 4 is the average meh and 5 means I like, or something similar.
Aug 28, 2016 7:18 AM

Dec 2009
I may have done that a couple of times, but I don't see a point in it. You literally gave it that rating because you felt that it was appropriate at that point in time.

I think anyone would think otherwise at some scores when you look at it a few years later especially when comparing to the shows you have watched thus far.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

37 by Strayfe »»
29 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

26 by Lizsaki »»
30 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
31 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

42 by Vendicator »»
38 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

42 by TRC_Randy »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.