Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report Chapter 1 Discussion

Aug 21, 2016 8:41 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Geezus, this looks like some tumblr loser lesbian story.
That excuse for cutting themselves was interesting thou.

Aug 21, 2016 11:34 AM

I think that 1st chapter was good, pretty depressing as the title says

Aug 21, 2016 11:41 AM

I like that the author chooses to depict her life through a silly cutesy art style despite the fact that it's actually depressing as fuck. Will keep reading this since I'm genuinely interested in seeing how things turned out in the end for the author

Aug 21, 2016 7:53 PM

I relate to this far more than I want to admit...

If nothing else, it gets the thought processes right on the money. I could make the obvious complaint about the art, but I don't really mind. It speaks so much to me that the art doesn't really faze me.

Aug 30, 2016 8:30 PM

Huh, really? Cause I think the art is great! It's super cutesy, but like RiceLover, I love the contrast, and the sheer expressiveness in her art is amazing. You can really feel the depth of her despair and other emotions and it really conveys exactly what the author wants you to notice/feel. You can really see it in the amount of detail added in backgrounds, contrast, black/white space, and expressions that really helps set the tone. I haven't ever been this lonely or depressed, but there are aspects that I relate to as well (the job just being a place to earn wages and not a social thing really hit home), and I personally love very introspective works like this. :3

Sep 3, 2016 3:58 AM

soaring_wings said:
You can really feel the depth of her despair and other emotions and it really conveys exactly what the author wants you to notice/feel. You can really see it in the amount of detail added in backgrounds, contrast, black/white space, and expressions that really helps set the tone.

Yeah, I guess this is all true as well.

I've just had conversations and people have told me that they didn't like the art because it was too simple.

Sep 21, 2016 2:46 AM
Minky Momo Fan

@purplepinapples

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm really liking it so far!

Reminds me so much of Hanayome wa Motodanshi. but speaks to me way more.

Waiting for the next two chapters is going to be hell X_X

Oct 15, 2016 12:00 PM

Far, far from being dumblr material. The author actually makes it seem like it has some depth to it.

Nov 16, 2016 2:18 AM

Well, this is quite sad stuff..

Until the very end I had hopes that mc finally could experience something good and feel better
but all it was just a big confusion and probably a disappointment for her.

Jan 9, 2017 11:28 PM

I like the set-up, but now I have to wade through all this terribly sad stuff.
Actually I don't think there's been an anime that's seriously taken on the issue of self harming. It would be interesting to see done.

Aug 10, 2017 7:59 PM

What really made this chapter is that the author has some great introspection. She does a good job in describing her state of mind at various points, and provides a good understanding of the chain of events that led her to where she is now.

What I like most about this manga is that it is one of the best representations I've seen of the most common form of depression that is found. Clinical depression is a medical condition where a person physically can't become happy. Everything can be going right for them and they are still unhappy. What Nagata Kabi is experiencing is the natural reaction a person would have if their life sucks as much as her apparently does. No person can spend ten years without accomplishing anything or forming any meaningful personal connects and come out mentally fine. That's why the panel where she is disintegration without anything to identify herself is my favorite panel of the chapter.

Now she clearly has serious problems that need to be worked out if the haven't already, and I imagine that she'll be dealing with this for the rest of her life. I am confident that things would be much better if her life followed a normal trajectory after high school.

My only complaint is that I had a tough time understanding the exact timeline. This chapter describes 10 years of her life, but I have little idea of how those 10 years were actually spent. Specifically how long she had a job and how long she has been unemployed since.
Modified by Phaetons_Folly, Aug 10, 2017 8:17 PM

Aug 19, 2018 11:55 AM

This is one of the best things have have read in a long time
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Sep 12, 1:10 PM

Bizarre yet depressing and realistic. That was one hell of a chapter.