Forum Settings
Forums

Where to begin to read the manga after seeing the anime?

New
Aug 20, 2016 11:06 PM

Aug 2016
So I finished some time ago two shows that I loved (Claymore,Tonari no Kaibutsu kun) but I am not sure where should I begin to read the manga and by this I mean from the beginning of it (in case it might have some elements that the anime didn't show) or from the chapter that continues the action of the anime(I know that the ending of Claymore wasn't exactly as in the manga,but there is a little connection with the battle of the north in both)?Any help is appreaciated.
Aug 20, 2016 11:08 PM
Mar 2016
if i were in your place i start from chapter 1
Aug 20, 2016 11:10 PM

Oct 2014
I always start at chapter 1 and read the manga in chronological order. The manga is a bit different and I personally prefer it to rewatching.
Aug 20, 2016 11:18 PM

Feb 2014
If you have the time, begin reading from chapter 1.
If you don`t have the time, start reading from some chapters before the anime ending and manga intertwine. This is due to the fact that most endings in anime sway away from the truth in the manga, because the studios want to create a satisfying conclusion.
Aug 20, 2016 11:29 PM

Aug 2016
Yandere_Dude said:
So I finished some time ago two shows that I loved (Claymore,Tonari no Kaibutsu kun) but I am not sure where should I begin to read the manga and by this I mean from the beginning of it (in case it might have some elements that the anime didn't show) or from the chapter that continues the action of the anime(I know that the ending of Claymore wasn't exactly as in the manga,but there is a little connection with the battle of the north in both)?Any help is appreaciated.

I can only tell you about Claymore since I haven't seen or read the other. First I have to agree with everyone else... It's better to start from the beginning. Although I have to admit that till we reach the part of the battle in the north the anime followed the plot of the manga. If you don't want to read all the story my advice would to start from the battle of the north since this was where the anime chose a different path XD
that is in chapter 50.
Aug 20, 2016 11:40 PM

Feb 2013
mangaupdates is the best site ever cuzz it tells you where the anime stopped with the magna

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1037
claymore
Starts at Vol 1, Chap 1
Ends at Vol 11, Chap 59 (Alternate Ending)

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35895
kaibutsu kun
Starts at Vol. 1 Chap. 1
Ends at Vol. 4 Chap. 16
Aug 21, 2016 1:40 AM

Aug 2016
Thanks a lot for your opinion everyone,as for Claymore I will start from where is the alternate ending but I do have a little question,is it fair to consider the manga done on my manga list when I will finish it if I start from vol 11? xD
Aug 21, 2016 1:41 AM

Feb 2013
Yandere_Dude said:
Thanks a lot for your opinion everyone,as for Claymore I will start from where is the alternate ending but I do have a little question,is it fair to consider the manga done on my manga list when I will finish it if I start from vol 11? xD
yeah sure why not
that's how i did it at least for the only manga i read after the anime
with a "maybe read the first ones later" attitude
you could tag it as such for clarity i guess
Aug 21, 2016 8:20 PM

Oct 2015
I always like to start from chapter 1, because there tend to be quite a few differences between the anime and manga, and even if they're just slight differences, it's interesting to see how it was originally created!
Aug 21, 2016 9:27 PM
Aug 2016
Usually I'll google where the anime ends in the manga and read from there, mostly because I don't have the time or patience to read through plot that I've already experienced, even if I may miss some things.
Aug 21, 2016 10:37 PM

Jan 2014
Begin from the start obviously. Anime is a shorter version of manga so don't skip any chapters.

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 35 minutes ago

9 by Kenzolo-folk »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

19 by IKKIsama »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

23 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 2 hours ago

9 by Kushna »»
26 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 4 hours ago

19 by Zakception »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.