Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2010 3:15 PM

Nov 2009
The clumsy/air-headed character who kicks serious ass when the time is right.

^

Yeah.
And I also like the talented young ones, too. xP
Feb 18, 2010 5:19 PM

Jul 2008
ladyxzeus said:
The bad guy that turns good.

Always. Conquers my heart. Love it.

And vica-versa!! :D

Also, I love the silent James Bond-like type of protagonist. And the awkward, unrealistic situations that turn into romance in anime.
Feb 18, 2010 9:58 PM

Jan 2010
I always find the giant sweat drops and popping veins funny.

And a well-timed white-circled eyes is often hilarious, for some reason.
Feb 19, 2010 1:05 AM

Feb 2010
The hot springs episode
and tsundere oh and MOE!

Oh there's lots!
They all feel like a nod to me the hardcore fan!
Feb 19, 2010 3:48 AM

Jun 2009
The glorius ruler with a big voice and talks with pride, eg. Lelouch Lamperouge, Laharl, Gilgamesh, etc.

The sweet girl that cares for others more than herself, eg. Hayate Yagami, Shiori Misaka, Kaede Fuyou, etc.
Feb 27, 2010 10:46 AM
Jun 2009
innocent high school secret love
Feb 27, 2010 11:31 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not sure what you would call it, but superpowered women. How they always seem to be able to launch that "pervert" into orbit. It's always nice.(often because it comes with fanservice. )
" Oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage!"
Feb 27, 2010 12:35 PM

Feb 2010
emo kids EVERYWHERE
Feb 27, 2010 12:42 PM

Feb 2010
1. the character that grows stronger and stronger to protect the ones they love and cherished
2. the hot headed characters like Naruto
3. Strong bonds of friendship
Feb 27, 2010 4:21 PM
Sep 2009
The "childhood friendship turned romance" is the only one that comes to mind at the moment
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Feb 27, 2010 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
Combining robots. (ever since Voltron I just find it hysterical)
Hot Spring or Beach Episodes (gotta love those episodes devoted to fanservice)
Big Swords (always a sucker for big swords)
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 3, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
while cliche is something no one would want their work to be called there will always be some cliches that dont phase us that we dare even say we might even like udner the right circumstances, what are some that you can tolerate

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 3, 2012 2:24 PM

Sep 2010
No cliche bothers me. It is all about how they are used.

Jan 3, 2012 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
I don't mind the whole she's-so-hot-I-got-a-nose-bleed thing. Most anime have a nose bleed scene at one point in time.

Another is a chracter having a crazy hair color (green, blue, pink, etc;) I can easily over-look it. I barely notice anymore but a friend of mine goes crazy over dramatic hair color :/
Jan 3, 2012 3:57 PM

May 2008
I'll be honest, I actually like hotspring and beach episodes. I don't really watch ecchi anymore, but they were my favorite episodes usually. I don't mind if there is a random hotspring/beach episode in non type B anime.
Jan 3, 2012 4:13 PM

Apr 2011
There are cliches I don't like but still smile at and there are cliches I like.
Jan 3, 2012 4:19 PM

Mar 2011
Helmeppo said:
I'll be honest, I actually like hotspring and beach episodes. I don't really watch ecchi anymore, but they were my favorite episodes usually. I don't mind if there is a random hotspring/beach episode in non type B anime.

Lol yeah. I usually like these sort of episodes as well. It's funny that the dudes always get shafted.

I always liked when mecha pilots call out their move's name. I mean INAZUMA KIIIICK! GIGA DRILL BREEEAKER!
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Jan 3, 2012 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
Helmeppo said:
as much as i despise ecchi i will admit some hot spring/beach episodes have been great and even devoid of ecchi believe it or not, like the one in outlaw star was great and martian successor nadesico's one was hilarious and so freaking crazy

NinjaNeachy said:

Another is a chracter having a crazy hair color (green, blue, pink, etc;) I can easily over-look it. I barely notice anymore but a friend of mine goes crazy over dramatic hair color :/

this i just dont notice hair in general, i never go "OH LOOK AT THAT STUPID/COOL/MEH HAIRSTYLE HAHAHA"

its more like
"oh hey its that one character"

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 3, 2012 4:55 PM

Nov 2010
Anime_Name said:

this
Jan 3, 2012 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
Fuzzx said:
Anime_Name said:

this
yah i have to agree as well, i just finished playing a game called mgana carta 2 and it was full of cliches but it used them so well it never bothered me hell i actually enjoyed all of them

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 3, 2012 5:00 PM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

Same here. Although I really like it when cliches are subverted XD
Jan 3, 2012 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
cyphon619 said:
Anime_Name said:

Although I really like it when cliches are subverted XD
i believe its impossible to avoid all cliches, the ones that dont seem like it just handle them really well, they are all still there

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 3, 2012 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
i'm a pretty big advocate of the "First Girl Wins" trope, even in situations where first girl is super boring. (True Tears, ef - a Tale of Memories)
my sole exception to this cliche probably being Steins;Gate, because Kurisu is too awesmoe.

Jan 3, 2012 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
NinjaNeachy said:
I don't mind the whole she's-so-hot-I-got-a-nose-bleed thing. Most anime have a nose bleed scene at one point in time.

..... I don't think I've seen any as of late... In fact, I can't remember any in 2011... Besides that one time in Anohana... but then that's not a "She's hot I have a nosebleed", but "I have a nose bleed, not because of her, but she thinks I'm a pervert"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2012 5:38 PM

Apr 2011
Shounen cliche and tsundere cliche. I luv em
Jan 3, 2012 5:42 PM

Sep 2011
Primity said:
i'm a pretty big advocate of the "First Girl Wins" trope, even in situations where first girl is super boring. (True Tears, ef - a Tale of Memories)
my sole exception to this cliche probably being Steins;Gate, because Kurisu is too awesmoe.
but kurisu was the second girl,

also i agree with you, i feel like the first girl should always be the main heroine unless its like EF where they show the childhood friend first then make it obvious who the main heroine is, i dont like stories where you cant tell which girl or guy will be the love interest that goes somewhere, cause a destroyed ship can spoil an entire show, thats why i hate love triangles/harems

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 3, 2012 5:44 PM

Aug 2009
The whole transfer student cliche is getting kind of annoying, but I don't really mind cliches in general. It's all about how they're used, as mentioned :]

Jan 3, 2012 5:56 PM

Dec 2010
My two favorites are the one about the power of friendship, and stopping mid battle to explain your attacks to your enemy. Can't understand what's happening without that and it's always helped.
Jan 3, 2012 6:04 PM

Feb 2009
A character awakening hidden powers in a shounen due to emotional level or to help someone they care about. When shounens do this right, I love it.
Jan 3, 2012 6:07 PM
Nov 2010
Are tsundere girls, cliche?
Cause if they are, I want more of them(I would like more even if they weren't)
Jan 3, 2012 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
Ekvi said:
The whole transfer student cliche is getting kind of annoying, but I don't really mind cliches in general. It's all about how they're used, as mentioned :]

The transfer student cliche severs a purpose though. It allows the main character to meet new people the same time the viewer does, or allows a new character to be introduced.
Jan 3, 2012 7:01 PM
Dec 2011
I don't really mind any honestly. But, of course, I will dislike if a certain one is used excessively, such as heavily overusing fan service (HotD lolol) or crying everytime somebody (a main character... kinda like Yukitero in Mirai Nikki?) sees a threatening person, simply because it can get annoying/predictable. But otherwise, nah.

For example, Tsunderes are something that I actually tend to grow fond of (TAIGA!) :D
Jan 3, 2012 7:07 PM

Aug 2009
Enigmatica said:
Ekvi said:

The transfer student cliche severs a purpose though. It allows the main character to meet new people the same time the viewer does, or allows a new character to be introduced.

Yeah, true. But it would be nice if they would try to do it in a different way xD

Another one is that "Some guy walks in on some naked girl and gets punched" cliche :p

Jan 3, 2012 7:11 PM
Dec 2011
friendship :)
it's important ._.
Jan 3, 2012 7:14 PM

Dec 2011
Ekvi said:
Another one is that "Some guy walks in on some naked girl and gets punched" cliche :p

Hmmm.. What kinda series you been watching? lol

Yeah I agree though. That and the "tripping on something and falling on another character." Usually results in violence or a hint of romance. Either way, doesn't sit right with me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2012 7:19 PM
Mar 2011
yelling ou t of attack names and yell yout of a set up to an attack
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 3, 2012 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
Remnants- said:
Ekvi said:

Hmmm.. What kinda series you been watching? lol

Yeah I agree though. That and the "tripping on something and falling on another character." Usually results in violence or a hint of romance. Either way, doesn't sit right with me.

Haha, the pervy kind, I guess (which is like almost every anime these days) :O

Yeah I agree, the "faceplant in boobs" trick is getting old for sure. Oh well, I guess we'll have to live with it :D

Jan 3, 2012 7:26 PM

Jul 2011
I can tolerate most all of them, someone already pointed out the nose bleeds, and those generally still make me smile to some degree.

Explaining your moves mid combat doesn't bother me either...the first time. After that it just gets redundant. The only one that legit bothers me though, is amnesia. "Oh I forgot you were my childhood friend whom I loved, let's be together forever"...ya that's about all

Jan 3, 2012 7:35 PM

Aug 2009
The nosebleeds can actually still be really funny, if they're done right or over the top, Like Sanji's recent one in One Piece xD

Jan 3, 2012 7:51 PM
Sep 2011
Veethorn said:
A character awakening hidden powers in a shounen due to emotional level or to help someone they care about. When shounens do this right, I love it.

Same goes for Magical Girl anime. I love the moments when the main character puts everything on the line and decides they're gonna do whatever it takes and then the glowing happens. Such an inspirational feeling.
Jan 3, 2012 8:23 PM
Oct 2010
The only two cliches I don't like is having to hide a girl in your house and then she suddenly enrolls into your class.
Jan 3, 2012 10:25 PM

Oct 2011
Characters being revived countless times. I don't find it annoying.

Love at first sight. Tolerable.

Having a dialogue in the midst of an intense battle. WWE style. Expositions are usually half the show.
Jan 3, 2012 10:27 PM

Oct 2010
Brocon/Siscon cliches.
Jan 4, 2012 12:10 AM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

I dont think there's ever been a more appropriate time to use /thread.
Jan 4, 2012 12:19 AM

Jan 2010
Stuff in the wind. Hair, trench coats, banners, they're so overused but I couldn't imagine an action show without them.
Jan 4, 2012 12:49 AM

Jan 2010
fluttershy said:
"I guess I need to take responsibility" *Fucks girl relentlessly*

that some screwed doujin logic. LOL
Jan 4, 2012 12:55 AM

Apr 2010
Really Really bad puns involving wordplay. Even if half the time I have to read the subbers little description on how this is a bad pun, its fun to see just how one can manipulate the language to make a dumb joke.
Jan 4, 2012 12:58 AM

Sep 2010
leingodf8 said:
Really Really bad puns involving wordplay. Even if half the time I have to read the subbers little description on how this is a bad pun, its fun to see just how one can manipulate the language to make a dumb joke.

and anything done by NisiOisiN.

Jan 4, 2012 1:53 AM

Feb 2011
Sakura petals in the wind, they're the sh*t.
Jan 4, 2012 3:38 AM

Sep 2011
Veethorn said:
i freaking love this too, its why i liked kekkaishi and gurren so much

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 2 hours ago

8 by Tropisch »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

149 by Ari4 »»
7 minutes ago

» Anilist is better ( 1 2 3 4 )

SleepySimoon - Oct 28, 2021

177 by Ari4 »»
22 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 5 hours ago

19 by Lucifrost »»
26 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by BlueBullet178 »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.