Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Tatsumi literally went all out in the fight against that megasized Teigu and the user. Well, this fight isn't going to last long.

Also Esdeath vs Akame...
Stark700Aug 20, 2016 8:37 AM
Aug 20, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
This was more hype than what I was expecting.
Aug 20, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, didn't expected the fight against the Mecha to end this quick. I guess it was time to finish it already, as it has been long enough for the series's standards.

Tatsumi looks so dead. Even if, unlike in the anime, he has survived his fight against the Mecha, it seems that by the last transformation of his Incursio, he has already taken over by Tyrant. We will have that resolved by the next chapter anyway. Wonder where the fuck Wave went in the middle of the fight though. Maybe he is rescuing bystanders or something, like Run did in the anime.

Lol at Esdeath being cockblocked by Akame. Just like in the anime, the final fight will be Esdeath against Akame (and maybe Tatsumi).
And, speaking about the anime, just like in it, Takahiro included Tatsumi's flashback of Susanoo explaining to him everything has a weak spot and Bulat's appearence in Tatsumi's mind encouraging him too (loved this moment in both medias).

The ending is near, guys. Maybe this will end in 4 chapters more.
IllyricusAug 20, 2016 9:09 AM
Aug 20, 2016 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
Tatsumi is fucked for sure now.

And him saying "Mine is the best girlfriend."

No fam, Wave is right. Kurome is infinitely better.

And I hope Akame doesn't die like a dog to Esdeath.
Aug 20, 2016 9:17 AM

Oct 2014
This chapter basically confirms Esdease isnt gonna be the FV, it will be either Onest or Tyrant Tatsumi.

Aug 20, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2014
Illyricus said:
Wow, didn't expected the fight against the Mecha to end this quick. I guess it was time to finish it already, as it has been long enough for the series's standards.

Tatsumi looks so dead. Even if, unlike in the anime, he has survived his fight against the Mecha, it seems that by the last transformation of his Incursio, he has already taken over by Tyrant. We will have that resolved by the next chapter anyway. Wonder where the fuck Wave went in the middle of the fight though. Maybe he is rescuing bystanders or something, like Run did in the anime.

Lol at Esdeath being cockblocked by Akame. Just like in the anime, the final fight will be Esdeath against Akame (and maybe Tatsumi).
And, speaking about the anime, just like in it, Takahiro included Tatsumi's flashback of Susanoo explaining to him everything has a weak spot and Bulat's appearence in Tatsumi's mind encouraging him too (loved this moment in both medias).

Im glad the Final War has been better than Bleach War Arc.

Aug 20, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
LordPerucho said:
Illyricus said:

Im glad the Final War has been better than Bleach War Arc.
Tbh, even when I enjoyed this final war compared to the anime one, it wasn't really that hard to surpass Bleach's Quincy Wars.
Aug 20, 2016 10:11 AM
Feb 2015
So Tatsumi survived the Mecha battle. And Akame did she by chance unlock her Trump Card....
Aug 20, 2016 6:54 PM

Oct 2014
There's a link to the chapter for those who can't find it.

http://blog.yuncomics.com/archives/1753320

It's the korean scan but it's clean.
Aug 21, 2016 8:38 AM
Jul 2016
So this chapter gave another middle finger to the anime, eh? Now it's Tatsumi+Akame vs Esdese.
Aug 21, 2016 4:08 PM
Nov 2015
always felt that most of fight scenes of akame ga kill were overwhelming because of the multiple "speed line punches" and you couldn't focus your attention, glad it wasn't the case with this one. Still, from my look didn't tatsumi just dropped the giant robot on the capital, therefore killing millions of civilians in the process? I only read the raw, but why did Wave go away? Seems off-character to leave Tatsumi alone to kill the robot.
Lately i have been very dissapointed with how the author handled Wave, he always sticked to his principles, although very naive, serving and protecting the empire and changing it from the inside and suddely he drops everything for a girl who , most of the time, he didn't show any romantic feelings.
At this point I really don't think there is anymore need for fight giving that Tatsumi is invincible,which means he's probably gonna die next chapter, just so akame vs esdeath can happen
Aug 21, 2016 6:15 PM

Oct 2014
Apparently Wave left to help citizens.
Aug 21, 2016 9:47 PM

Oct 2013
Damn! In here is dead as f**k!
Aug 22, 2016 12:11 AM
Sep 2015
That double Grand Fall combo that Tatsumi and Wave did was badass plus Wave using Mastema even better than run did.
Aug 22, 2016 12:34 AM
Aug 24, 2016 3:09 PM
Aug 2016
when will the translated version of the chapter come out?
Aug 25, 2016 10:37 AM
Sep 2015
LordPerucho said:
This chapter basically confirms Esdease isnt gonna be the FV, it will be either Onest or Tyrant Tatsumi.

I think while Wave is rescuing civilians he runs into honest and fights him while Akame fights and Esdeath and Tatsumi struggles to keep himself in check
Aug 28, 2016 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
Well it is good that we are going away from anime storyline.
But if Tatsumi is to get absorbed and die then what was the point of leaving Mine alive?
Imo we may see some real Nakama Power like in Fairy Tail when it will come to Tatsumi's be or not to be
Aug 28, 2016 7:09 AM

Jan 2008
>We are NIIIIGHT RAAAAID!!!!44four!!

We Fairy Tail now? Whatever, that godawful mecha is history now, thank goodness.

4(?) chapters left.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Aug 28, 2016 8:07 AM

Apr 2015
.Alright, safe to say Tatsumi and Wave kicked that mecha's ass, that things time is done.

. HA! Wave said the best thing in the entire series, I agree, bro. I agree. ^_^

. My god, can we all just take a moment or two to admire Takahiro's artwork with the Tyrant? I love it so much, and know it could not be possible with it being a weekly series. It's such a fearsome mix of... dragonic and demonic in appearance at the same time. Reminiscent of Miura's artwork of The Beast of Darkness in Berserk. I can watch panels and images of them all day. I just wanna fanboy out over them forever! :O

. Akame vs Esdeath is, of course, happening; awesome. I sense and awesome fight and fan doujins approaching.

. Happy times, for now. All that seems to be left is Akame vs Esdeath.

Great chapter, 4.7/5. Can find little flaws with it, can't wait for this ride to be over.

Oh, but before I go, take a tip from the Tokyo Ghoul (Even though I'm also very into this one) fandom. We have this thing called:

Why not make your thing...

Enough trolling, Reli's out. See ya next month~ (Where my Kurome better still be alive =.=)
Aug 28, 2016 8:15 AM
Nov 2015
the translation came out, finally. Well the chapter was good, surprisingly, after all these months I dind't think it could be better, but the fight was outstanding, instead of those multiples "speed line punches" that make you unable to see anything in the fight, and the dialogue, very good too, sadly it's ending, because it shows that it had potential instead of being permanently damaged to the end. Hope, honestly, the next chapters be as good as this one.
Aug 28, 2016 8:17 AM
Feb 2015
So Tatsumi has transform into some sort of humanoid Tyrant. Poor Emperor, this is what he gets for listening to Honest. Still reading the parts with Akame makes it feel as if she has attain her Trump Card for Murasame. Looks like the series may end with both Tatsumi and Akame not being humans anymore.
Aug 28, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
Honestly "no pun intended" I've been pretty underwhelmed. This has pretty much been the typical boss fight stuff we see, and it's practically identical to the anime. The art is a little better sure, but for the most part it's been your typical underwhelming fight trying to maximize it's momentum by raising the scale and effect of the fight, both literally and metaphorically. Frankly, my expectations plummeted the moment that poor excuse for a Gundam showed up.
Aug 28, 2016 10:09 AM

May 2015
Tatsumi in this chapter was epic.

In retrospective this was a big contrast to how happy and cheerful Tatsumi was about coming to the city in the first chapter but know I wonder how much of the original (already had his conscious almost sucked away) it is still left inside that fusion... Plus he said he will join everyone else soon (Night Raid fallen comrades) those words are a massive death flag.

Akame got new abilities... Hmm... I wonder if that book was responsible for that (giving her knowledges about Teigu's abilities)?!and if this theory is correct maybe there is a way in the book t revert back Tatsumi...

Honest a coward as always hope a certain cat lady Leone find him and put him out of commission.
Aug 28, 2016 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
Well can't say I feel bad for the emperor, he had it coming.

Hopefully Tatsumi still has some fight left in him to help Akame against Esdeath.
Aug 28, 2016 10:53 AM
May 2015
The fact that Tatsumi looks like he's fully changed into that dragon thing looks like a worst case scenerio. Hope he doesn't turn into the final boss or something that someone (possibly Akame) has to kill.
Aug 28, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
Pretty awesome final form for Tatsumi, not as good as Issei's, but pretty cool and FUCK YOU ANIME no death for Tatsumi.

Also, KILL THAT OVERRATED ICE BITCH AKAME!
HollowIchigo58Aug 28, 2016 11:55 AM
Aug 28, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Finally that dumb mecha has been defeated. Now it's time for Akame vs. Esdeath, like the anime. This will probably end within the next 4-5 chapters.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 28, 2016 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
Well the mecha is dead, Yay.
I liked the part where Tatsumi and Wave were saying their girls were the best XD

Tatsumi went all "I've got you in my sights". Damn. 76 plays of the game

Akame vs Esdeath should be good.
Lelouch0202Aug 28, 2016 12:33 PM
Aug 28, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 2016
Royal-Guard-Reli said:
.Alright, safe to say Tatsumi and Wave kicked that mecha's ass, that things time is done.

. HA! Wave said the best thing in the entire series, I agree, bro. I agree. ^_^

. My god, can we all just take a moment or two to admire Takahiro's artwork with the Tyrant? I love it so much, and know it could not be possible with it being a weekly series. It's such a fearsome mix of... dragonic and demonic in appearance at the same time. Reminiscent of Miura's artwork of The Beast of Darkness in Berserk. I can watch panels and images of them all day. I just wanna fanboy out over them forever! :O

. Akame vs Esdeath is, of course, happening; awesome. I sense and awesome fight and fan doujins approaching.

. Happy times, for now. All that seems to be left is Akame vs Esdeath.

Great chapter, 4.7/5. Can find little flaws with it, can't wait for this ride to be over.

Oh, but before I go, take a tip from the Tokyo Ghoul (Even though I'm also very into this one) fandom. We have this thing called:

Why not make your thing...

Enough trolling, Reli's out. See ya next month~ (Where my Kurome better still be alive =.=)
The one that does the art is not Takahiro, it's Tashiro Tetsuya - they're two people; Takahiro is the writer, Tashiro is the designer.
Aug 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2015
@Remnant_is_alive

Ah, gotta love when you make that mistake again. >//<
Aug 28, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
zhaoyun99 said:
So this chapter gave another middle finger to the anime, eh? Now it's Tatsumi+Akame vs Esdese.

exactly i see no death flag on him , it may take a different route

Aug 28, 2016 1:59 PM
Feb 2016
It looks like the ending will be the same for everyone. The same as the anime. Maybe Mine will regain conscious after the last episode. But Tatsumi is not gonna make it. Esdeath will die in the hands of Akame. I know we all want a different ending, but by far the manga was excelent, and with more details and improvments over the anime version like the fights and how Tatsumi transformation wasn't fully explained in the anime.

Gotta be optimistic on this one. I won't regret to read the whole manga again after the ending. Is not like Naruto and Bleach forced ending, this one is different, of course i'm not comparing them, they're different mangas, but the way this one will be end, it's gonna be ok.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 2:31 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh that was very epic. Love Tatsumi and Wave's exchange who's got the best girl.

Glad that supreme teigu is now history... and can't wait to see Akame vs Esdeath now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 2:58 PM
Feb 2008
I still would like to see Mine x Tatsumi ending. It looks like Tatsumi will not get through it, but I still hope !
Aug 28, 2016 4:11 PM
Aug 2012
Going to miss this when it ends. I have a feeling Kurome is gonna die.
Aug 28, 2016 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Damn this chapter was incredible in my opinion... Im glad to see that the jackass emperor is finally down... now I'll wait for the next chapter to see Akame fight Esdeath, I have pretty high expectations following this chap.

P.d. I loved Incursio's new transformations, and Neuntote's (Tatsumi's spear) new look.
Aug 28, 2016 9:36 PM
Feb 2015
LuckoBj said:
It looks like the ending will be the same for everyone. The same as the anime. Maybe Mine will regain conscious after the last episode. But Tatsumi is not gonna make it. Esdeath will die in the hands of Akame. I know we all want a different ending, but by far the manga was excelent, and with more details and improvments over the anime version like the fights and how Tatsumi transformation wasn't fully explained in the anime.

Gotta be optimistic on this one. I won't regret to read the whole manga again after the ending. Is not like Naruto and Bleach forced ending, this one is different, of course i'm not comparing them, they're different mangas, but the way this one will be end, it's gonna be ok.

What do you mean the same for everyone? Run survived in the anime but not in the Manga.
Aug 28, 2016 11:05 PM
Jun 2013
I dont get why esdeath is so invincible, or did I miss anything?
Aug 29, 2016 2:12 AM

Sep 2014
Whew, that was epic! Comparing their girlfriends lol ^^, too bad it doesn't look like Tatsumi will make it...
Now I want to see that fuckin' Honest bastard dead!
Esdeath vs Akame time now... no way Akame will lose but should be a good fight.
nerfxAug 29, 2016 2:19 AM
Aug 29, 2016 3:10 AM

Jul 2013
Like I predicted, Tatsumi is practically dead at this point. He even said he will join the deceased Night Raid members soon, so defeating the Mecha and fusing with Incursio just triggered his last and biggest death flag.

The battle was very decent. Like I predicted, Wave retired from the battle to help civilians. Wonder if he along with Tatsumi would have managed to defeat the Mecha together in the case he would have stayed in the fight.

The endgame will be Akame vs Esdeath like in the anime. Wonder if Tatsumi will join them or he will lost the control and became Tyrant.

Anyway, with this being the second chapter of volume 15, I predict the series will end in 4 chapters approximately. Kinda sad this is going to end, but there is no way to drag out this more.

Roy_Focker said:
Honest a coward as always hope a certain cat lady Leone find him and put him out of commission.
No, please, no. In the anime was fine because her wounds were not that deep, but in this she has her guts spilled out. If she kills Honest in that state, the bullshit will be huge.

remps said:
She has the most broken Teigu ever created, with the ability of create artificial soldiers and stop the friggin time. For something Honest has her in high regard.
Aug 29, 2016 3:27 AM

Jul 2012
Can't say it was that great, but much better than the "amazing" anime. What are the odds for Tatsumi to survive and then not going crazy berserk, i think it improved a bit with him seeing bro, but if he goes away without paying a price for this power it would be just wrong (simple happy ending plothole). The final battle to go.
"I've got you in my sights" =/
Aug 29, 2016 4:24 AM

Oct 2014
lmao Tatsumi looked amazing, this gave me the feels to go rewatch ep 23 of the anime
oh and Akame was drawn amazingly this chapter
Aug 29, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
Hope Tatsumi is okay, he is evolving constantly into dragon. OMG!

Hope the battle between Esdeath and Akame is going well with Akame's victory.

Hope Mine is okay, so she can be with Tatsumi.

So much hope (;一_一)
Aug 29, 2016 5:18 AM

Aug 2014
Tatsumi went all out this time around, I'll be surprised if he doesn't become a monster by now...
Aug 29, 2016 5:46 AM
Jun 2013

remps said:
She has the most broken Teigu ever created, with the ability of create artificial soldiers and stop the friggin time. For something Honest has her in high regard.

I forgot about the latter, lol
Aug 29, 2016 9:46 AM

May 2015
Illyricus said:
Roy_Focker said:
No, please, no. In the anime was fine because her wounds were not that deep, but in this she has her guts spilled out. If she kills Honest in that state, the bullshit will be huge.
I can see your point and I respect your opinion but I don’t mind if she is the one who is going to finish him.

Big-sis made a promise to Akame and give her word to Honest (she is going to finish him)… If Tatsumi fused with his teigu what prevent the same thing to happen with others user (in a minor scale) so her partially regaining her healing factor (heling her wound but not saving her life) even though her teigu was destroyed doesn’t seem to be farfetched to me (To me I see her as/resemble Wolverine without his healing factor)...

It is Akame ga Kill the whole “the bullshit will be huge” can be applied to others situations and characters as well Esdeath OP as f*ck, Mine winning against Budou, Suzuka being alive, Kurome & Mine surviving and many more…
Aug 29, 2016 11:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was frikkin awesome. Haven't had this good a chapter in ages. I still think Tatsumi might not survive this; there's still Esdeath to account for.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 29, 2016 11:23 AM

Jul 2013
Roy_Focker said:
Illyricus said:
I can see your point and I respect your opinion but I don’t mind if she is the one who is going to finish him.

Big-sis made a promise to Akame and give her word to Honest (she is going to finish him)… If Tatsumi fused with his teigu what prevent the same thing to happen with others user (in a minor scale) so her partially regaining her healing factor (heling her wound but not saving her life) even though her teigu was destroyed doesn’t seem to be farfetched to me (To me I see her as/resemble Wolverine without his healing factor)...

It is Akame ga Kill the whole “the bullshit will be huge” can be applied to others situations and characters as well Esdeath OP as f*ck, Mine winning against Budou, Suzuka being alive, Kurome & Mine surviving and many more…
Well, I can totally see Takahiro using that thing you mention about the regeneration despite not having Teigu. After all, after he created the Mahapadma, he basically threw away the logic, so I can see him pulling that thing out his ass to defeat Honest.

But, really, I prefer if that doesn't happens. Even if she recovers from that wound, MangaHonest! is not like his self of the anime. In this, he is very strong physically, so I don't know how Leone would kill him without her Teigu and nearly dead.
Aug 29, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2015
Illyricus said:
MangaHonest! is not like his self of the anime. In this, he is very strong physically, so I don't know how Leone would kill him without her Teigu and nearly dead.
Yeah, whoever is the one who is going to finish him have to be very careful because this is a though bastard a coward but a though bastard. I prefer if his opponent didn’t let him speak for instance and finish him off swiftly…
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.