Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2016 2:55 AM
Aug 2016
Recently enjoyed Suicide Squad really amazing from me I will give it 5-Star how many you all will give to Suicide Squad?
Aug 20, 2016 12:40 PM

Oct 2009
You must have low standards. Suicide Squad was bad.

Aug 20, 2016 1:07 PM

Nov 2012
I had high expectations, went to see it, and ended up being disappointed. I think I gave it 6/10, but even that may be too high xD
Come here and play with my darkness
Aug 22, 2016 11:03 AM

Aug 2014
5/10

Here's my reasoning:

It's okay, but not nearly crazy and fun enough. They had both the Joker and Harley Quinn and they hardly did any crazy schemes. I mean in the animated series the Joker escaped prison by riding a rocket disguised as a christmas tree. Even if you didn't have the budget for that, you could still come up with something cheaper and just as crazy.

The plot was okay, but the final confrontation felt like the writers were trying to set the bar lower with each turn of the plot.

The characters weren't that good and for some reason barely felt like villains. The main thing indicating that, was that they were in jail. Deadshot and the fire guy were the typical anti-heroes. Harley Quinn was written too much like an attention seeker to be as charming as her other counterparts. The Joker was underwhelming and his baby face made him feel off. The character was style over substance. The things Leto did off screen, when they weren't recording were more Jokerlike than what was in the movie. Enchantress was a bland antagonist. Killer Croc was said to be treated like an animal and therefore acted like one, but you could hardly tell; he wasn't misanthropic at all.
Aug 22, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2014
robiu013 said:

The Joker was underwhelming and his baby face made him feel off. The character was style over substance. The things Leto did off screen, when they weren't recording were more Jokerlike than what was in the movie.

I haven't watched the movie (and I don't think I will) but I think many people were disappointed with Leto's performance because of how hyped it was. The dude was doing all that disgusting and edgy stuff to his co-stars, supposedly in order to 'get into character' but it was frankly ridiculous. So people thought that in order to use this methodical acting he must have pulled some difficult, oscar-worthy performance, and then they were let down because it was an average one.
Aug 22, 2016 11:36 AM

Aug 2014
Danae said:
robiu013 said:

The Joker was underwhelming and his baby face made him feel off. The character was style over substance. The things Leto did off screen, when they weren't recording were more Jokerlike than what was in the movie.

I haven't watched the movie (and I don't think I will) but I think many people were disappointed with Leto's performance because of how hyped it was. The dude was doing all that disgusting and edgy stuff to his co-stars, supposedly in order to 'get into character' but it was frankly ridiculous. So people thought that in order to use this methodical acting he must have pulled some difficult, oscar-worthy performance, and then they were let down because it was an average one.

Yeah, but the problem isn't his performance, it's the writing (and partly that he doesn't look the part). For all I know Leto is a good actor, better than he is as a musician. Thing is Joker was always a show stealer in almost anything I've seen him in. Leto's Joker was quirky, but otherwise kinda boring. He isn't fun and elaborate in his madness like Nicholson's or many of the animated versions and he doesn't represent a subversive nihilistic and anarchist ideology like Ledger did. He's just there.
Aug 22, 2016 3:22 PM

Nov 2015
People seemed so excited for it, which is why I went to watch. I guess my expectations must have been too high, because I didn't love it. Didn't hate it either, but it was underwhelming I guess. The soundtrack is the best part I think lol.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7592 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago

» Thoughts on Suno AI? (AI system for making your own music)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» About The Crow Remake (2024)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

4 by Theo1899 »»
7 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3376 by SilentAssassin88 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

38 by DreamingBeats »»
Yesterday, 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.