Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
Sometimes you might wonder "which random anime haven't I watched yet"?
Then you could just press that random button (located somewhere on your profile) and when that random anime page is loaded, you could choose to watch that, whatever it was that poped up (School Days *cough cough*) or press the button again to randomly load another anime page and watch that instead.
A button like that could help if you just want to watch something at random, or if you don't know what you want to watch, you could even make it so that it'll only pick something from your prefered genere, or filter it to only pick something on your "to watch list".

Aug 19, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
No No and No.
Read this: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=4555#msg10606127 third last point on declined suggestions.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Aug 19, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
Iizbakaokay said:
No No and No.
Read this: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=4555#msg10606127 third last point on declined suggestions.
That's the pessimistic answer from someone who doesn't want change to happen to their forum, it wouldn't hurt anyone to have it, and it's easy to implement.

Aug 19, 2016 1:19 PM

Oct 2014
Corny632 said:
Iizbakaokay said:
No No and No.
That's the pessimistic answer from someone who doesn't want change to happen to their forum, it wouldn't hurt anyone to have it, and it's easy to implement.
It's already been declined, though. If you ask your boss for a raise and they tell you "no" then you tell a coworker "you know, I think I really deserve a raise" it would not be pessimism for them to tell you "the boss already said no". That isn't "thinking negatively", it's simply stating that the people in charge have already disagreed with you. There is a list of suggestions that won't be accepted. Anidb.net already has a random anime button if you need one. You can also use MALGraph's recommendation system if you're looking for something to watch without the use of human interaction. Finally, you can use Random.org and input the lowest rank you're willing to watch (3000, for example), click the button, and see what anime is at that rank. You could also use it for IDs, but many anime have been deleted and it would also include hentai and anime that haven't been subbed.
Aug 19, 2016 4:54 PM
Aug 19, 2016 8:43 PM

Oct 2014
Corny632 said:
Iizbakaokay said:
No No and No.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Aug 19, 2016 9:46 PM

Oct 2015
Corny632 said:
Iizbakaokay said:
No No and No.

You should read the whole sentence on why they wouldn't implement it.
Aug 19, 2016 10:00 PM
Apr 2013
Harmony said:
Corny632 said:

It didn't say anything though.
Aug 19, 2016 10:01 PM

Oct 2015
worldeditor11 said:
Harmony said:

It didn't say anything though.

Well it did hint that there were issues that's why they won't implement it.
Sep 24, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2008
Situations do change over time though. The circumstances that prevented it before may not exist currently.

Bringing this idea up every now and then isn't unreasonable.

It's a good idea and being able to use your current lists as a filter to make sure that it only suggests thing you haven't seen yet would be really useful. I've watched a lot of anime and I can only imagine that I'd have to click the button a lot of times to get a suggestion even worth looking at.
Kind regards
Sidoen

Oct 9, 2016 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Harmony said:

Well it did hint that there were issues that's why they won't implement it.

That post was pre-DeNA though, the "random anime button" section has been there forever.

(This is someone on a sub-account, I haven't been banned - I just don't want my main account too cluttered so I'm organising this one.)

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
5 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.