Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2016 5:43 AM

Jul 2013
There already are many suggestions about adding re-watched/re-read and (general) score columns.
While i'd welcome both of them i'll use this topic to suggest adding an ID column. The ID is shown in the URL anyways hence it's no "big secret" anyways.

Using this ID would help giving each entry on the users lists a definite identification since the titles are sometimes changed. I know that this feature would probably not be used by most users but it's easy to code and would be very useful for users like me who download anime and use MAL as the basis of naming the files/folders.
(as a small example: MAL could decide to change the entry title of shingeki no kyojin to attack on titan. knowing the ID would make it much easier to find the entry on your list)

Well that was a way too long text for such a small (and apparently not really wanted/missed) feature but i have another suggestion that would potentially be useful to every MAL user:
Add the option to set secondary sort parameters. The sort function is useful for columns with (mostly) unique content (title, start date etc) but if you want to order the list by score/type the secondary sort parameter appears to be almost random. It would be great if you could set this parameter as another column (eg first parameter=score, second parameter=type).

What are your thoughts on these suggestions?

PS: Is MAL going to force everyone to use the modern design at some point? That would explain why the modern design got some new columns but the classic design was not expanded..

More topics from this board

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - 10 hours ago

1 by Alexioos95 »»
4 hours ago

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

3 by Euthymia_Gerv »»
9 hours ago

» Users who haven't finished an anime should be restricted on rating it

Thruddingsfly - Feb 15

39 by 3miL »»
Apr 14, 11:07 AM

» Custom labels.

Autonomia - Apr 8

4 by Autonomia »»
Apr 14, 8:25 AM

» Total number of episodes (all seasons)

TechniqueGod - Apr 9

3 by hacker09 »»
Apr 13, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.