Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2016 11:47 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Second Ova, where we watch the young protagonist, have their first moral decision, become an idol or a fighter of justice, what will be the way she wil choose?

It has its humor, but it is disastrous. Generally 3/10.

A feature of this series is that there are characters who have no nose!!! is rare O_o
Jul 19, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2015
More of the same, with a little intrigue around the choice between idol and law enforcer.

4/5

Like I said before, this parody was excellent in the way it embodied almost perfectly the japanese 80s, the golden age when you could rent wonderful OAV VHS in any video rental shop. It was technically decent... for a TV show, too bad it didn't look more like an OAV from its age.

6.5-/10 Those idol songs stay in head longer than they should. ^^"

@Ranxomare Ahah, it can be useful though (Kuririn VS Mr.Bacteria).
Dec 22, 2018 11:04 AM

Sep 2018
I don't know, I didn't really enjoy this one as much, really not much of anything happened and it was hard for me to suspend my disbelief in a lot of places. From the comment above and the plot of the episode I thought we were going to get a pop song extravaganza, but we didn't, and we didn't even get to see the fight at the end. Also the parodies and jokes didn't feel as funny or sharp this episode.

Also I just want to point out, in response to the last post, that OVAs from the 80s - early 90s actually usually have worse art and animation than TV anime at the time, other than the big name projects and projects backed by large companies they are usually very very low budget affairs made by independent studios that otherwise wouldn't have been able to get their stuff out there.
Aug 9, 2019 12:36 PM
Feb 2018
I didn't expect much from this anime but I'm happy I watched these OVA's. The show is so stupid, it's actually good. The dub is so silly, while the characters aren't deep or anything, they serve their purpose of being there for comedic value. The plot is so stupid, but it's funny. A young girl becomes a crime fighting superstar, never heard a plot like that before. The show has lots of charm too it, even if the visuals and animation don't hold up well by today's standards. I kinda wonder how this would of been if it had been made into an actual 24 episode series. Regardless, worth the watch for a good parody. 7/10.
Apr 17, 2020 8:01 AM
Jul 2009
I didn't like it as much as the first episode but it was still entertaining enough. 6/10
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Apr 23, 2021 7:30 PM

Jun 2014
This was alright. It was no masterpiece, but not bad either.

Dec 11, 2022 1:06 PM

Aug 2017
Nice ride overall, I appreciate that the seiyuu of Maron's competitor singer was also the seiyuu of Jung Freud from Gunbuster...they sure do share some visual similarities!

Also, a cameo of Izumi Noa ("Izumino Aki"), a couple of characters from R, and other fun little details.
Oct 21, 2023 1:50 AM

Oct 2013
It was short and rushed but still kinda funny, not a bad short series.

The joke that got me most was the villains calling a random restaurant instead of the police department multiple times
"That guy again ?" just killed me lool tell that poor bad guy it's the wrong number omg aha
Apr 21, 3:49 PM

Aug 2017
Loved this part, it was funny that the demon seed had no activity so the agents had to find some source of income for their department, a really fun short series, too bad it not long, I really gonna miss the agents's hilarious interactions with one another,
I'll give a 9, it was really great for what it was.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assemble Insert Episode 1 Discussion

Ranxomare - Aug 17, 2016

9 by Dekom »»
Apr 20, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.