Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that's a creepy dream.

The episode had thrilling feeling to it. RIP Seiko and Chariman. Their bodies are still there too. I'm not surprised by Ruruka's reaction considering that one of her friends was killed. Good to hear from Togami again. Man, I really miss that guy. Tense buildup episode, hopefully they'll get out of this mess soon.

Stark700Aug 15, 2016 10:51 AM
Aug 15, 2016 7:32 AM

Sep 2012
(Real) Miaya and Blacksmith dead
Toko Byakuya and Komaru show up
Izuru too

Can't believe they topped last week's Despair chapter.
Aug 15, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2009
I guess Monaca finally get the war she want....
Aug 15, 2016 8:36 AM

Oct 2014
This is getting so good now. For everyone who's played all 3 Danganronpa games I'm certain after this episode they'll have rated this with at least a 9.
Aug 15, 2016 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
Uranai person seeing everyone happy... which seems impossible with how many died already.

Showing Suwabe-san's character and other two when graduated with hope to change the school. People alive seeing dead people from the fights. Wow, the old guy left a message before dying.

Is that green girl one of despair group? Because she called despair girl "sister". Main guy thought of escaping by creating. It was unexpected to see Ishida-san's character to appear, and unexpected info. delivered. The island (2nd game related?)... And he knows who is behind all this.

Showing main guy's sister as well as the assassin girl.

ED song skipped and showing one guy's eye (is that Conan's voices's character from Zetsubou-hen?)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 15, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god that episode was amazing.
Rip Seiko and Izayoi two good characters. Byakuya,Toko and Komaru are back it's so good to see them again! Byakuya is leading and already knows who is the mastermind. So as we all guessed Miaya was a real person but got killed. Damn Izuru is still here omg I hope he didnt kill the others survivors ??? I can't wait until next week it will be so good.
Dec 2009
tsubasalover said:
Uranai person seeing everyone happy... which seems impossible with how many died already.

Showing Suwabe-san's character and other two when graduated with hope to change the school. People alive seeing dead people from the fights. Wow, the old guy left a message before dying.

Is that green girl one of despair group? Because she called despair girl "sister". Main guy thought of escaping by creating. It was unexpected to see Ishida-san's character to appear, and unexpected info. delivered. The island (2nd game related?)... And he knows who is behind all this.

Showing main guy's sister as well as the assassin girl.

ED song skipped and showing one guy's eye (is that Conan's voices's character from Zetsubou-hen?)

Did you not play any of the games? Cause honestly you're very much missing out.

Sep 2014
Literally lost it at Yasuhiros signature 30% success rate. Monaca keeps being an asshole, but w/e. Also that nightmare fuel Kirigiri ;_;

Finally we see Byakuya/Toko and oh snap "Hajime".
Jeppe950Aug 15, 2016 8:56 AM
Aug 15, 2016 8:46 AM

Dec 2015
SH4kun said:
(Real) Miaya and Blacksmith dead
Toko Byakuya and Komaru show up
Izuru too

Can't believe they topped last week's Despair chapter.

Ikr, fking hype man. In the last few minutes, they made the best episode yet of the series in one go. Familiar faces have returned to kickass.
Yo, Izuru scenes always gets me. He was like: "This is so boring." against those warships, still chill af.
Render-Aug 15, 2016 8:49 AM
Aug 15, 2016 8:47 AM

Nov 2012
TOGAMI KYAAA~ ♥
he's come to save the day

that ending though... holy shit
hajime's back to being izuru? :O
Aug 15, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2011
Great episode, easy 5/5 for me.
And that ending is really interesting, looks like Izuru is still dominant within Hajime.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Aug 15, 2016 8:52 AM
Jul 2013
Glad to see togami and izuru again... Can't wait for next week episode, I wan't to see izuru/hinata back in action...
Aug 15, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2013
Inori_is_love said:
This is getting so good now. For everyone who's played all 3 Danganronpa games I'm certain after this episode they'll have rated this with at least a 9.

It's a shame I skipped Another Episode since the gameplay looked super clunky.
Aug 15, 2016 9:00 AM
Dec 2015
FUKAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CHILD IS IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 15, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
HAGAKURE'S FORTUNE TELLING IS A BIG NO NO FOR ME D:
Ok, so that is the plan Munakata's was talking about. That flashback was kinda sad :(
That scene with Chisa WAS SO WEIRD. Did he make that to be sure that she was dead? O_O
I KNEW IT WAS A DREAM BUT MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT FOR A SECOND THERE D:
Scout guy really ticking Kirigiri off. He was talking about Jin Kirigiri? The thing about having a friend who hated detectives and stuff...
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!! Izayoi is also dead? DR has this tradition of killing two people on the third trial, but man that was unexpected XD But, the attacker can kill JUST one person, right? So somebody else killed one of them? O_O Kirigir found a white powder/paint on Izayoi :O
Oh Monaca, you little Satan. I like you more than I should XD Maid Monokuma is so cute I want one <3 LOLT AT HER THINKING SHE WAS FOUND OUT WHEN ASAHINA SAID SHE WAS A "WARRIOR OF HOPE" XD
TOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAMIIII MY FAVORITE DOUCHEEEEEEEEEEEEE OH YAAAAS
HE IS GOING TO CONTACT FUKAWA AND SHE IS WITH KOMARU OMG I'M SO HYPED I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOO
So it is not being broadcasted!
YES
YES
YES
JABBERWOCKY ISLAND!!! Munakata was trying to kill the 77th class. I hope everybody's fine there D: AND I PRETTY SURE WE ARE GOING TO SEE THEM Ç-Ç
Real Gekkogahara confirmed dead.
IZURUUUUU Ç-Ç
taynisAug 15, 2016 9:20 AM

Aug 15, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2013
An amazing episode. I had some trouble connecting with Neagi and Kirigiri in this, since it has been so long ago that I played dr1. But this episode really helped their characters.
Togami really seems to have grown since one, he's cold but not mean now.

I'm kinda disappointed Izayoi died though, it really feels like a waste of character. I'm still hoping he'll be ok somehow (Only one person is supposed to die every time after all). But I think he and Seiko are really dead.

Hagakure predicting a happy end may seem like bullshit, but I don't know. Remember Chisa saying 'I wonder if this story will have a bad ending' at the start of the despair arc? Maybe it's a hint, everything is possible.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Aug 15, 2016 9:11 AM

May 2014
This ep was perfection, at least for me. I am so hyped for the next one.

And about Izayoi, I don't think he got killed. There was blood under his right eye, like Bandai when he broke his NG code. Ruruka is surely suspicious.
broken english, sorry-
Aug 15, 2016 9:14 AM

Apr 2010
EPIC WAR WILL HAPPEN

1. Komaru & Toko vs Monaca

2. 77th class + Hajimezuru vs Munakata's group

Oh my god please, i want some hack n slash game for danganronpa series so i can play with every character in this series! :'D

SO FRICKING HYPE
Aug 15, 2016 9:14 AM
Apr 2011
Kurisuki said:
This ep was perfection, at least for me. I am so hyped for the next one.

And about Izayoi, I don't think he got killed. There was blood under his right eye, like Bandai when he broke his NG code. Ruruka is surely suspicious.

I checked both scenes when they first discover him and when they were in that room, and I don't see blood. Unless you mean that tiny little smudge that could just be ambience.
trannon1Aug 15, 2016 9:20 AM
Aug 15, 2016 9:15 AM

Mar 2015
Izayoi died by his NG code, I think Ruruka ended up killing him by feeding him her sweets
Aug 15, 2016 9:15 AM
Apr 2011
Tamura said:
EPIC WAR WILL HAPPEN

Oh my god please, i want some hack n slash game for danganronpa series so i can play with every character in this series! :'D

SO FRICKING HYPE

What is Chiaki supposed to do? Toss people into her game system then use game characters in a gang-bang style?
Aug 15, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
That missing right eye in the Kyoko nightmare.

The theory about a Junko hidden in her thickens.
Aug 15, 2016 9:17 AM
Apr 2011
MightyM16 said:
Izayoi died by his NG code, I think Ruruka ended up killing him by feeding him her sweets

I am sort of curious as to how you came to this conclusion. When you die by the NG code, you pretty much go into spasms and blood comes out from your eyes. I do not see evidence of spasming nor blood.
Aug 15, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2010
I DIED!!! This ep was absolute hype!!!

Friggin Munakata stabbing Chisa!

The Kyouko dead nightmare creeped the fuck out of me at first.

Izayoi dying like that was definitely not what I expected after he entered that secret room.

Monaca's being way too cute. Devilishly so :P Loved her reaction to being called hope <3

Komaru's got some nice ass curves there. And Dat pantsu shot was nice

Togami looks cool now.

IZURUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Aug 15, 2016 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
Umm guys there's something I wanna ask. Last mirai ep the survivor counter was 13 and two died at that time. This episode's counter was 10.
Did I miss something, like I forgot that there were actually three that died, or the blacksmith was already counted even though it wasn't revealed last ep, that it counts the survivors in the current time rather than survivors in the last ep. If it was the latter then it would make sense.
Aug 15, 2016 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
trannon1 said:
Tamura said:
EPIC WAR WILL HAPPEN

SO FRICKING HYPE

What is Chiaki supposed to do? Toss people into her game system then use game characters in a gang-bang style?
Throwing her console and summon Usami
Aug 15, 2016 9:20 AM

May 2016
trannon1 said:
MightyM16 said:

I am sort of curious as to how you came to this conclusion. When you die by the NG code, you pretty much go into spasms and blood comes out from your eyes. I do not see evidence of spasming nor blood.

You didn´t look hard enough, you can see blood on his eye
RGNAug 15, 2016 9:24 AM
Aug 15, 2016 9:20 AM

Jan 2016
This episode was so amazing. Finally, everything is coming together.

So, immediately I noticed the survivor count was 10 rather than 11, which is what it should have been, so I was on the lookout for who could have died. I nearly had a heart attack when Makoto's dream happened.

Afterwards I noticed Izayoi's death does not resemble any of the other deaths. While he was stabbed in the chest, he was not suspended like the other three victims. Also, his murder weapon is the same weapon Seiko was stabbed with, and the weapon is gone when we see her body again. Either during the sleep or straight after they woke up, someone took that knife and killed Izayoi. I suspect Ruruka, but I'm not sure.

So, Byakuya, Toko, and Komaru finally appeared, confirming the death of the real Miaya. While I expected it, I'm still sad. Sadder still, Munakata has sent fleets to kill the Remnants of Despair on Jabberwock Island. Also, Munakata has stolen the weapon Tengan was using. He also stabbed Chisa with a random sword, and I don't know why at all. I am incredibly hyped, since we're seeing everyone come together for the big finale. And most exciting of all, HAJIME IS BACK! The happiness of seeing him back is enough to overpower all the sadness of the rest of the episode, to be honest.
Courage need not be remembered... For it is never forgotten.
Aug 15, 2016 9:22 AM
Apr 2011
Kouun said:
trannon1 said:

You didn´t look hard enough, you can see veins under his eyes

Sorry to ask, but can you give an exact time? I can see a faint smudge which may or may not be blood, but that is all I see. Also, he probably wasn't killed by sweets considering that Ruruka has been feeding him sweets all along.
Aug 15, 2016 9:22 AM

Mar 2013
Now Future arc got a bit more interesting. I was worried that Monaca had somehow fabricated that conversation with Togami or whatever, but I'm glad it was really him and that he's taking action now. Also glad that he's already pointing fingers at Monaca. Plus Kirigiri is still investigating. Plus Hajime and co. are getting into the picture as well. Shit is happening now. That's good.
Aug 15, 2016 9:24 AM
Apr 2011
Oh dear, that poor fleet is about to become the toy of the #1 Ultimate Hope/Despair.

Dec 2015
The only way they can top this for me is if Nagitroll comes back.

Nov 2013
Adding to what I said about Izayoi;

Two plot points about him aren't adressed.

1. The reason he won't eat sweets
Many people think it's because of his NG code. It just seems wierd to hint towards it without it leading anywhere.
2. Finding the hidden door
This one is more importand. It's pretty clear that he did go inside. He didn't show up in the Ruruka vs Seiko fight after finding it.

Adding to that;
Him seemingly being killed by the traitor, even though the traitor only kills one person every time.
His lack of solid characterization beyond 'Ruruka's lapdog' and 'Badass'

While none of these facts are solid on their own. Add them up and thing look very suspicious. I'm not saying it points to him being alive (Although it's a posibility), it's just that there's something going on with him, Ruruka and the hidden door.

I believe that the 'game' as a whole is fundamently differend than we're led to believe. We already know that the broadcasting is very likely a lie.
Aug 15, 2016 9:26 AM
Apr 2011
Tamura said:
trannon1 said:

Throwing her console and summon Usami

Then I suppose Hinata is supposed to transform into Izuru and say so many advanced words that the speech bubbles crush the enemy?
Aug 15, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2016
trannon1 said:
Kouun said:

You didn´t look hard enough, you can see veins under his eyes

Sorry to ask, but can you give an exact time? I can see a faint smudge which may or may not be blood, but that is all I see. Also, he probably wasn't killed by sweets considering that Ruruka has been feeding him sweets all along.

Check my cprevious comment, i updated it with an image. Also since they got the bracelets, Izayoi had been constantly rejecting Ruruka´s sweets. Also, Kirigiri found a white powder when he was inspecting Izayoi´s body, which is probably sugar or something. Add that to the fact that the knife that Izayoi was the same one used for Seiko, and it´s pretty obvious to see who did it
Aug 15, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
Damn this episode was freaking HYPE! I can only imagine how everything is going to play out and how crazy things will get now that Togami, Toko, Kumaru, and Izuru have introduced into this. I completely weebd out at the end lol.
Aug 15, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2012

Izayoi screenshot. He has what looks like blood in his eye.
Kirigiri notices (what look like) a white powder on him (it could be sugar).
Monokuma knife that was supposed to be with Seiko is gone when Kirigiri finds her.
Dude, did Ruruka killed him? But why?
Like @Sirofcoffee said, I'm pretty sure his death is going to be important.
taynisAug 15, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 15, 2016 9:36 AM
Apr 2011
Kouun said:
trannon1 said:

Check my cprevious comment, i updated it with an image. Also since they got the bracelets, Izayoi had been constantly rejecting Ruruka´s sweets. Also, Kirigiri found a white powder when he was inspecting Izayoi´s body, which is probably sugar or something. Add that to the fact that the knife that Izayoi was the same one used for Seiko, and it´s pretty obvious to see who did it

Kouun said:
trannon1 said:

I do see it now. That's what I get for watching something minimized :P. But according to your observations, Ruruka killed both Seiko and Izayoi? Now I can get Izayoi being killed by his NG, but Seiko was theoretically killed during the sleep period. Which would mean that Ruruka is the traitor? Problem is, if Izayoi knew his NG is eating sweets, why would he eat them? I can't see Ruruka overpowering Izayoi and forcing him to eat sweets.

If it was Chisa, I would understand considering how she was able to bare-handedly steal a sword from the Ultimate Swordswoman, but Ruruka for all intents and purposes has been weak.
Aug 15, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
How the fuck did this episode manage to top both Future and Despair arc's 5th episode.

Oh my god... There were so many good things to say about this episode I don't even know where to begin.

At the very least, I'll say that I'm a bit sad that Izayoi was killed(?). He lasted 5 episodes and had no development. He even found the door as well.
"Hi!"
Aug 15, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2015
trannon1 said:
MightyM16 said:

blood on his eye

Futhermore there is some kind of powder on his face almost as if someone was trying to hide the true cause of death
Aug 15, 2016 9:43 AM

Feb 2015
taynis said:

Izayoi screenshot. He has what looks like blood in his eye.
Kirigiri notices (what look like) a white powder on him (it could be sugar).
Monokuma knife that was supposed to be with Seiko is gone when Kirigiri finds her.
Dude, did Ruruka killed him? But why?
Like @Sirofcoffee said, I'm pretty sure his death is going to be important.

That powder could also be a make up, Ruruka probably tried to hid poison effects with it.
Aug 15, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2015
trannon1 said:
Kouun said:

Kouun said:

I do see it now. That's what I get for watching something minimized :P. But according to your observations, Ruruka killed both Seiko and Izayoi? Now I can get Izayoi being killed by his NG, but Seiko was theoretically killed during the sleep period. Which would mean that Ruruka is the traitor? Problem is, if Izayoi knew his NG is eating sweets, why would he eat them? I can't see Ruruka overpowering Izayoi and forcing him to eat sweets.

If it was Chisa, I would understand considering how she was able to bare-handedly steal a sword from the Ultimate Swordswoman, but Ruruka for all intents and purposes has been weak.

I don't think Ruruka is the traitor, she probably freaked out once she saw Seiko's death and once she met Izayoi she tried to make him eat her candies, Izayoi being completely submissive to Ruruka couldn't stop her and died because of his NG code
Aug 15, 2016 9:45 AM

May 2016
trannon1 said:
Kouun said:

Kouun said:

Ruruka didn´t necessarily killed Seiko, but she did pick up the knife from Seiko´s corpse and used it to make it look like Izayoi died by stab wound. As to Ruruka being the traitor, considering how obsessed she was with Seiko not eating her candy, even though she knew Seiko couldn´t eat them, i doubt she gave any fucks about Izayoi´s NG code. How did she managed to make him eat her sweets? My guess is something like this
Aug 15, 2016 9:47 AM

May 2016
I selfishly hope there won't be many more connections with Another Episode, since, you know, some of us are still waiting for the PC release :/
Aug 15, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
I've noticed that between this episode and the last despair episode, they've been building Izuru up a lot. I like how the two anime are intertwined.

I wasn't expecting the real Gekkougahara to just be dead. Though the could have done more with her, I get why they didn't. This anime has a LOT of plot threads, even though they've been handeled masterfully, there has to be a point where adding more might not be a good idea.

More and more I get the feeling that something is very *wrong*. About the setting or characters. I'm talking about in universe wrong, not about it as an anime. I really feel like some of the biggest twists of the entire franchise may happen in this anime.

Btw, did Juzo appear in this episode? Where the hell is he?
Maybe he's dead and we don't know it yet. A man can dream.
Aug 15, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
Oh man, so many things happening.

Finally Togami showed up, I was waiting for him. And he knows about Monaca too... But I hope he isn't right about she being the one behind everything, I would be very disappointed.

I was really to see Fukawa and Komaru too ~ I can't wait for Genocider Syo to make an appearance.

Kamukura though!! That kind of sucks, because if Kamukura is back, that means everything that happened in SDR2 was pointless, and there's the chance that he either killed everyone else in the island or all the "survivors" are Remnants of Despair again.
Aug 15, 2016 9:56 AM

Jan 2016
It's extremely not clear if they want Hajime to be Izuru or Awakened in the end there

why would monokuma lie about everything being broadcast to the world? that doesn't change anything, no one acted differently... that's just kind of useless

shame the real gekkogahara died, was kind of hoping she was alive

kizakura was acting extra slimy, kept pushing kirigiri's buttons for some reason...

anyway https://gfycat.com/GlaringMistyBushsqueaker
Aug 15, 2016 9:58 AM

Jul 2012

And Munakata has Tengan's weapon apparently.
I think it is, at least o.o

@Eru
Yeaah, it could be. I see.

Aug 15, 2016 10:02 AM

Oct 2013
I knew real Gekkougahara was already dead, dammit!
Another great episode this week too, Mirai-hen surprises me everytime.

So, I think we can safely assume that Munakata is the traitor, officially. He's such an ass, stabbing Chisa another time torturing her even after death. I'm wondering what happened to him to make him join the Remnants of Despair...

Izayoi and Seiko are dead, I'm wondering who has been killed by the attacker and how the other one has died. Although, if Munakata really is the attacker, he sort of went against the rules killing Tengan first and then one (if not both) between the two mentioned before... he's supposed to kill only one person at time but now there are three dead bodies...

Togami is now helping Future Foundation with his corporation and he already figured out about Monaca. Komaru and Fukawa will now join the show too, this is getting reeeally interesting.
And the creepy Hajime in the end... wow, don't let Izuru Kamukura prevail over you again.

Can't wait for next week's episode!
Aug 15, 2016 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
Well a great episode as always...... Good seeing the old characters and Naegi's Imouto.... Pretty cliche development
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

285 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.