Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A fucking car accident? Really?
Nov 23, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2011
Took me 2 weeks to finish this.. In comparison, I finished Kekkaishi within 2 days. I really didn't like this series, especially the main protagonist Recca. The guy is more annoying than badass, almost all the time. None of the side characters are even that good. The action was atrocious, I couldn't care about the fight because of how asspull-ish the ending to literally every ending of a fight. It's such a shame too, the first episode was really promising.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 23, 2016 9:50 AM

Feb 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Took me 2 weeks to finish this.. In comparison, I finished Kekkaishi within 2 days. I really didn't like this series, especially the main protagonist Recca. The guy is more annoying than badass, almost all the time. None of the side characters are even that good. The action was atrocious, I couldn't care about the fight because of how asspull-ish the ending to literally every ending of a fight. It's such a shame too, the first episode was really promising.

You're quite right. I managed to power through the last half of the series in a 24 hour span personally since I had nothing to do that day and wanted this off my plate. The action pretty much devolved into taking a beating for most of the fight and winning on a last minute reversal. If it had more proper exchanges throughout then it would've been much better.

The manga isn't particularly great, but it exceeded better on that level I think. Even when it did what I just described, the fights went by quick enough for that to not stick much as a problem (they really dragged the fuck out of Recca vs the Bald Demon guy from the 1st round). The myriad of baffling adaptation choices hurt this as well (like Mikagami being a retard, thinking Recca had a hand in his sisters death when he should've been a kid, skipping Joker's battle with Koganei, or the conclusion to Kurei vs Recca).

Also, don't watch The Final Burning OVA. It's meant to be seen by folks that have finished all 33 volumes of the manga.
gedataNov 23, 2016 11:35 AM
Nov 23, 2016 11:22 AM

Jun 2011
gedata said:
You're quite right. I managed to power through the last half of the series in a 24 hour span personally since I had nothing to do that day and wanted this off my plate. The action pretty much devolved into taking a beating for most of the fight and winning on a last minute reversal. If it had more proper exchanges throughout then it would've been much better.

The manga isn't particularly great, but it exceeded better on that level I think. Even when it did what I just described, the fights went by quick enough for that to not stick much as a problem (they really dragged the fuck out of Recca vs the Bald Demon guy from the 1st round). The myriad of baffling adaptation choices hurt this as well (like Mikagami being a retard, thinking Recca had a hand in his sisters death when he should've been a kid, skipping Joker's battle with Koganei, or the conclusion to Kurei vs Recca).

Also, don't watch The Final Burning OVA. It's meant to be seen by folks that have finished all 33 volumes of the manga,
I just did LOL, and I really like it. I know it spoils the ending of the manga series but I was not planning on reading the manga before I watched the OVA (that's how bad this anime is) and the OVA has convinced me otherwise. Since you and some other people are vouching for the manga (>anime) I think I'll give it a try.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 28, 2020 2:23 PM
Nov 2014
Action packed fights, good characters and nice soundtrack. This was enjoyable. I'll give it a 7/10 might continue the story in the Manga in the future
Mar 3, 2021 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
That's enough for me, going to the manga
Aug 18, 2022 10:01 AM

Nov 2010
I still wonder what was stopping Kurei from killing Mori when he killed Kurenai. Kurei could've easily prevented that. He's the strongest fighter and Mori is just a normal human. The Uruha guys are nothing special too.

Damn, that was such an abrupt ending.

That fighting tourney arc took more than half of the show and the fights were mediocre at best. If the plot was gonna be mediocre, they could've at least went all out in animating cool looking fights. 6/10

More topics from this board

» Help: Flame of Recca filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 27, 2023

2 by LordRukario »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:16 PM

Poll: » Rekka no Honoo Episode 21 Discussion

MxS7HGS - Aug 16, 2022

1 by Matthappy »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » Flame of Recca Episode 2 Discussion

googz - May 18, 2010

9 by Tselet »»
Jun 20, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Rekka no Honoo Episode 25 Discussion

MxS7HGS - Aug 17, 2022

1 by Cam1922 »»
Jun 7, 2023 6:07 AM

Poll: » Rekka no Honoo Episode 23 Discussion

MxS7HGS - Aug 17, 2022

1 by Cam1922 »»
Jun 5, 2023 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.