Forum Settings
Forums
Battle Angel Alita
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 1:50 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That Was one heartbreaking reunion. I wonder what the secret of Tiphares is?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 10, 2017 5:12 PM
May 2012
It's better that way, Ido....for Alita has become pretty slutty. You'll just be disappointed, like I am.
Jan 17, 2018 11:49 AM

Dec 2015
How I disliked this... Why was Ido weak-minded enough to have to ask for this treatment?! (writing this, but even I was disgusted by the secret of Zalem's citizens, the worst part being that they aren't even aware of it themselves)

2/5

@Farabeuf Is Tiphares some weird renaming of Salem/Zalem? That must have been hard to later make a connection with Jeru. XD
Jan 17, 2018 12:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Rei366 said:
How I disliked this... Why was Ido weak-minded enough to have to ask for this treatment?! (writing this, but even I was disgusted by the secret of Zalem's citizens, the worst part being that they aren't even aware of it themselves)

2/5

@Farabeuf Is Tiphares some weird renaming of Salem/Zalem? That must have been hard to later make a connection with Jeru. XD

If I recall correctly, Tiphares was the name that Viz media gave it in its translation and localization of the series. Zalem or (ザレム Zaremu) is the original name.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 10, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2015
Kaos decides to leave Alita, but not before taking her to factory 21 where Ido is supposably located. As Alita is walking through town, Ido runs right passed her. He also has an assistant who looks similar to Alita. Her name is Keina and she spots Alita and asks what she's doing there. Alita tells her that she knows Ido. Keina takes her down an alley and some goons come out to try to run Alita out of town. Alita deals with them easily, but Keina was on par with Alita's abilities and their kicks both connect, knocking each other back. Keina starts crying tho and Ido comes out of nowhere to break things up. Alita greets Ido, but he doesn't remember her.
They take Alita to their home and Keina shows her a video that Ido made in case anyone came looking for him. In the video, Ido talks about his reason for erasing his memory after learning Zalem's dark secret. Now Ido understands Desty's motivation for the experiments he's conducting. The secret is driving Ido crazy and he's struggling to cope with it, so he chooses to forget about his past and even Alita.
Alita leaves soon after watching the video and she's devastated. Damn.
zomikDec 10, 2019 2:27 PM
Mar 31, 2023 7:56 PM

Dec 2022
poor Alita :( poor Ido :(
Oct 3, 2023 9:20 PM

May 2019
Dang this one really hits you in the feels...
Dec 6, 2023 10:09 AM
Feb 2022
A mature decision from Gally, leaving Ido with his new life, and not remembering the pain that he pass, even with that meaning that Ido will forget her.

Spanish translation:
Una decisión madura de Gally dejar a Ido con su nueva vida y que no recuerde el dolor que paso, aunque eso signifique que Ido la olvide.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 11 Discussion

joe_g7 - Sep 14, 2017

5 by mistercb »»
Mar 25, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Battle Angel Alita Chapter 53 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Jan 23, 2010

34 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 50 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 19, 2017

3 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 49 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 19, 2017

2 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 48 Discussion

Farabeuf - Aug 20, 2016

4 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.