Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2016 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like how they just shoot at those supplies of liquor like it's nothing.

Pretty thrilling episode, I especially like the second half when hell break loose. Nero seeking aid with Fango puts him in an awkward position although he doesn't have many options either. I find the title of the episode to be somewhat ironic either heh. Can't take Fango seriously wearing a chef's hat lol

I love how Fango trolls everyone at the end though, guess he got the last laugh XD
Stark700Aug 12, 2016 12:32 PM
Aug 12, 2016 12:00 PM

Jan 2015
Now the real "topic" spoken... Booze. And aside from that, Avilio's finally succeed doing the revenge. Or so Don Orco thought. LOL
It's twisted LASAGNA TIME!!! by Fango.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 12, 2016 12:04 PM

Dec 2012
Wait what,even Nero and the others ate that fricking lasagna?! What the shit
Aug 12, 2016 12:11 PM
Jun 2016
Was it just me or was it obvious that Fango was gonna cook up the late Don Orco as lasagna, and serve it to people? Hm, just me? Well, it was still very satisfying, and I love the dark "twist" (if you can call it that) in the end.

I'm glad they showed that Avilio is aware that the fourth person could be the "friend" of his father who sent him the letter. If the writers had ignored that possibility, I'm not sure if my regard for this show would be lowered.

Also, Nero doesn't know that Avilio was such a good actor at "killing" him and saying those final words because Avilio's probably imagined this scene in his head hundreds of times. Kind of heavily foreshadowed that the betrayal/blood on Nero's clothes were from the chicken. But mediocre foreshadowing is better than in your face exposition, imo.

And damn, that last scene with Nero and crew eating in a small room. I don't know how to take Avilio's last words regarding Fango's enemies as their own...guess I'll have to rewatch the episode until the next wont is out ;_;
Aug 12, 2016 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
Thrilling episode and that "I was waiting for this moment" from Angelo to Nero I think it foreshadows what is gonna happen at the end of the series.Lol Fango took cooking lessons from Arya Stark.
Aug 12, 2016 12:39 PM

Sep 2015
Rrrrrrasagna !
I really thought he killed Nero at that moment
Aug 12, 2016 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
Booze, faking death and eating human flesh... Well, that escalated quickly!
Aug 12, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2016
much better than expected.
Nerp, Fango, and Angelo are realy killing it
Itatakimasu!!!!!

Aug 12, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
Why oh why did I know exactly where that bit with Fango and the lasagne was going?
Aug 12, 2016 12:54 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nice lasagna, mhhhhhm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That should be a meme xD
Aug 12, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
I should have expected that someone as psychotic as Fango wouldn't serve normal lasagna. What a surprise for those poor guys who ate that. Now anytime I eat lasagna, I'm going to think of this.

I got a nice chuckle from the scene where Avilio pretended to kill Nero. Little does Nero know, Avilio is actually planning to do that for real at some point.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 12, 2016 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
kawaii-despair said:
I thought the same, lol.

About the episode, well, I didn't thought Nero was killed because I remembered the chicken Volpe killed previously. The twist at the end with Fango serving Orco in the lasagna surprised me more, even when I suspected he did that when they Orco executive was reluctant to eat it.

Fango best character confirmed.

Noire-chan said:
Oh my. That lasagna scene lol
Your sig describes eprfectly the last scene.
Aug 12, 2016 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Fango does not serve normal lasagna.
Aug 12, 2016 2:12 PM
Jan 2016
Is it me or did the opening animation change in this episode?
Avilio/Angelo seemed to have more of an orange glow when he fell over...
The image of Fio and Ronaldo(?) seems to flash by in orange too
Is it just my eyes?

Edit: There seems to be a clearer image of Corteo's face just before the shot with the x on the paper too...?
TottejAug 12, 2016 2:23 PM
Aug 12, 2016 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
Oh my goodness Fango was gold at the end of the episode, absolute gold. I'm seriously liking him more with each episode, that enjoyable crazy gets me. Although seeing him in a chef's hat was a bit... uncharacteristic.
removed-userAug 12, 2016 2:47 PM
Aug 12, 2016 3:30 PM

Sep 2007
i had Lasagna for dinner then i watched the episode.. ugh guess i won't be able to eat Lasagna for a while ._.

the episode was awesome and thrilling and i hate the fact the Angelo and Nero's bond seems to get stronger it'll hurt later when he kill him

can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 12, 2016 3:37 PM

May 2015
The moment Fango served that lasagna, I knew it had to be something sketchy.... It's pretty obvious with that guy. What a messed up guy, lol... Anyway, great episode. I wonder if the lasagna the crew ate at the end was actually human flesh as well, lol...

Aug 12, 2016 5:18 PM
Apr 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Why oh why did I know exactly where that bit with Fango and the lasagne was going?

SAME!! I was thinking. " Oh no someone is gonna bit into an eyeball."
Aug 12, 2016 5:42 PM

Feb 2014
LOL EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Aug 12, 2016 6:09 PM
Sep 2013
The fucking sketchiest lasagne ever. I was eating breakfast at the same time while watching it. Grossssss.

So, Nero tastes Angelo's revenge first-hand, for the first time. The line was pretty cliche "I've been waiting for this moment", and I thought, wait, they're already gonna end it? Something's up... Of course, it was the chicken blood. I'm surprised Angelo willingly revealed his name to Don Orco. Even though Angelo must have already explained the whole plan to the group, letting slip that sort of information is pretty dangerous. Had Don Orco let that out while they were toasting to Nero's "death", who knows, that could have been bad. Although "Avilio" has already claimed he's an only child, he shouldn't have known about the Lagusas.

Seemed like a pretty flawless plan. Except for Volpe getting short. Glad it was only a shoulder wound. It's always a shoulder wound.

The fucking lasagne though,
Aug 12, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
Angelo spilling the beans about his identity to Don Orco seemed a bit reckless, but I guess he did think it was him sending him the letter. Anyways, yet again another good episode with quite a few exciting moments.
And if we already didn't know, now we can safely say Fango is a psychopath.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 12, 2016 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
Welll I seen that one coming
Aug 12, 2016 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
Fango is so sick and yet so funny. That lasagna scene...blerghhh...

Angelo almost fucked it up when he gave his name to Orco to cover a part of his little plan.
Aug 12, 2016 7:41 PM

Sep 2014
That was a good plan, and what made it better was the risk!

Also that end scene, Orco Lasagna by Chef Fango LOL
Aug 12, 2016 7:44 PM

Aug 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Pretty sure that was a different lasagna
Aug 12, 2016 8:08 PM
Mar 2016
So much happened in this episode and I loved it all, especially the lasagna ;)
Aug 12, 2016 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
So Angelo really had a plan to give Fango Don Orco. They planned on getting close to him and then knock him out and drag him to Fango. Nero and Angelo go to Orco with the proposal that they be given someplace to lie low and they'll give some high quality booze to sell which would easily fetch them a fortune. Obviously this deal interests Orco since it has booze and money involved so he is taken to the brewery to see for himself. And Angelo tells Orco that he is the son of Lagusa out for revenge. He told Orco this so that the fake killing becomes believable and he gets enough of Orco's trust to give him a final glass of alcohol to knock him out. Angelo fires at Nero but doesn't kill him. I bet he really wanted his aim to be off so that he actually kills Nero lol. And Fango takes over the Orco family and kills Orco and turns him into lasagna.... Okay that was disgusting. What kind of a sick psycho is this god damn Fango?! His crazy laughs make him even more of a psycho. And then he does shit like this. They really made him a perfect psychopath lol.

And Orco isn't the one who sent the letter to Angelo. Because he had only heard of the killing of Lagusa by Vincent. So the one who sent the letter is already determined by Angelo to be the fourth person. But he isn't doing this just to help Angelo in his revenge. He is doing this most likely to get the Vanetti family destroyed so that he then surfaces to eliminate Angelo and take over the family. We have seen two instances of someone taking over a family by killing the don – first Vincent did it and now Fango – so it is entirely possible that this is the real motive behind the fourth man. Or it could have something to do with the alcohol business. Could be that he anticipated that the Orcos would also be eliminated as a side-effect and with the Vanettis out too, he'll have everything to himself. He could possibly be an influential person with enough manpower to take out more people. The Orco family, now the Fango family, is unstable right now since Fango, a person not exactly liked by Orco, has taken over the family. And along with that, Fango was a dick so all of his millions of enemies are now his family's enemies. So this family is basically out, unless Fango pulls off something.

Angelo and Nero now have Fango on their side, which now means that they have his whole family on their side. Provided Fango doesn't go back on helping Nero, Nero and Angelo have less to fear since the Fango family can protect them when needed, but they have gotten new enemies as a drawback. It's now no longer three families after two people, it's two families after two people who have a family behind them, and it's Fango at that, the crazy guy.
Aug 12, 2016 8:21 PM
Aug 2015
Dang, I thought Nero's death was real. I've actually started to really like Nero, so I'm hoping Angelo doesn't kill him (it's probably not going to happen).
Aug 12, 2016 8:26 PM

Dec 2012
Damn Don Orco is a pig eating all that food.
Avilio hatched a really great plan & now it's the Fango Family.

Fango is one crazy madman feeding the rest of the family Lasagna with Orco in it.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 12, 2016 8:34 PM

Dec 2014
Very good episode, The whole play with Don Orco was really interesting and engaging.

Really liked how Nero and Fango made the deal.
I initially thought the plan would be to poison the lasagna that Orco always eats, They poisoned the wine instead. Quite an elaborate plan as well to lead them into the brewery and serve the poisoned wine in there.

Avlio's "I've been waiting for this moment" definitely felt very real, Though to be honest I was sure it was an act but it was a nice little play on Avlio's real intentions.

That lasagna XD , Fango is the man XD
Why the hell were Avlio and co eating it as well?
Aug 12, 2016 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
I love how this anime is actually getting better by episode
Aug 12, 2016 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
Will this be really 91 episodes? Since every episode is a day.

Now I'm craving some lasagna =x
Aug 12, 2016 9:34 PM

Aug 2015
Dammit Fango lmao! loved how he trolled everyone there at the end. Awesome episode.
Aug 12, 2016 9:43 PM

Sep 2010
Someone bring Fango on Shougeki no Soma please, he has a chance of being the best chef!
Aug 12, 2016 10:10 PM
May 2016
ewwwwwwww it's disgusting. I will never eat lasagna ever againnnnnnnnnnn.

The story was not bad. But there's too much twist and it is not unpredictable.
Because I already know there must be a twist somewhere.
For example, the lasagna.

I know it's coming. EWW
Aug 12, 2016 10:12 PM
May 2016
arikryu said:
Dang, I thought Nero's death was real. I've actually started to really like Nero, so I'm hoping Angelo doesn't kill him (it's probably not going to happen).

I think he'll not kill Nero until he get to know who's the fourth person
Aug 12, 2016 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
I really hope they did not take a to go order of that lasagna before departing
Aug 12, 2016 11:01 PM

Jul 2014
I'm liking Fango more and more with each episode.
I knew it was Orco as soon as he served the lasagna, but it was still great xD
Aug 12, 2016 11:21 PM

Nov 2012
oh god the lasagna.. whyyyyyyyy
Aug 12, 2016 11:22 PM

May 2012
Fango you sicko... hhahaha.. saw that "lasagna" coming but its still disgusting.
Aug 13, 2016 12:25 AM

Jul 2015
Fango does it best!
I was actually disgusted when they were eating it since it was obvious what it was. Real good episode
Aug 13, 2016 12:51 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was a pretty good plan, I really thought Avilio killed Nero after telling Orco his real identity. But it's also not too surprising that it's not time yet for Avilio to kill Nero, after finding out that Orco wasn't the sender of the letter. He still needs to stay around Nero until he can find the identity of the fourth person.

Man that last scene though. I was waiting for someone to spit out a tooth or something, lol. As the scene went on, I thought I was wrong but nope. Fango really did it. Gross. But also very him.
Aug 13, 2016 12:56 AM

Apr 2009
well i picked the wrong day to make lasagna.. i feel sick
Aug 13, 2016 1:33 AM

Aug 2014
Fango is so funny! The cast is slowly becoming really likeable.
Aug 13, 2016 1:45 AM

Mar 2013
What can I say about this episode?
Aug 13, 2016 2:59 AM

Jun 2013
Good as hell episode. Probably some dank as lasagna
Aug 13, 2016 3:22 AM

Jan 2014
shokugeki no fango
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2016 4:42 AM

Jun 2016
Jesus Christ that lasagna scene was the first time I've liked Fango but man did I love him. His VA did an amazing job, that scene was insane. Plan was a bit convoluted though, and how did they fake Angelo shooting Nero? Did I miss something or was that whole scene rather silly?
Aug 13, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2014
hentaimoney said:
Plan was a bit convoluted though, and how did they fake Angelo shooting Nero? Did I miss something or was that whole scene rather silly?

Kevlar + blood bag
themanualreader@proton.me
Aug 13, 2016 5:10 AM

Dec 2015
Cartman from South Park was cooking people in chili long before this show did it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.