New
Aug 10, 2016 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
I'm at page 58.

I bought the English licensed version.
I have a problem or rather a question.

There are no boss fights like the anime
No boss 1 fight, no boss 2.

And they introduced Asuna in AGIL's Shop at floor 67?

So my question is: Are they gonna tell us flashbacks or anything like that? or will they keep it this way?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 10, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
you do get the later boss fights detailed in the novel but yes the floor 1 boss fight and Asuna's anime introduction arent in the novel.
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Aug 10, 2016 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
earnshaw30 said:
you do get the later boss fights detailed in the novel but yes the floor 1 boss fight and Asuna's anime introduction arent in the novel.

Thanks, I thought I had the wrong Novel for a moment
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 10, 2016 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Mirotokiwa said:
I'm at page 58.

Yes, there are, later on, keep reading and you'll see them

This is how it went in the original story (Web Novel), ep 2 of the first season is based on Aria in the Starless Night which is a Retcon of the main story, if you want to see more Boss fights I suggest you to read the Progressive series which focuses more on the game mechanics, boss fights and the interactions between Kirito and Asuna.

So my question is: Are they gonna tell us flashbacks or anything like that? or will they keep it this way?

No, and you shouldn't care about stuff like that, SAO is not about the game "Sword Art Online" it is about how VR affects people's lives,
SAO main's genre is drama and not action,
if you're looking for action in the novels you'll be disappointed because the novels focuses more on internal monologues,
worldbuilding and character development rather than action/fight scenes,
the only reason why the anime seemed so "action-packed" was because the director screw up and removed important details and explanations,
rushed everything and only cared about the fight/action scenes,
that's why it turned out to be that massive trainwreck that many people (including me) like to pretend that doesn't exists.
Aug 10, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2015
Nick-Knight said:
Mirotokiwa said:
I'm at page 58.

Yes, there are, later on, keep reading and you'll see them

This is how it went in the original story (Web Novel), ep 2 of the first season is based on Aria in the Starless Night which is a Retcon of the main story, if you want to see more Boss fights I suggest you to read the Progressive series which focuses more on the game mechanics, boss fights and the interactions between Kirito and Asuna.

No, and you shouldn't care about stuff like that, SAO is not about the game "Sword Art Online" it is about how VR affects people's lives,
SAO main's genre is drama and not action,
if you're looking for action in the novels you'll be disappointed because the novels focuses more on internal monologues,
worldbuilding and character development rather than action/fight scenes,
the only reason why the anime seemed so "action-packed" was because the director screw up and removed important details and explanations,
rushed everything and only cared about the fight/action scenes,
that's why it turned out to be that massive trainwreck that many people (including me) like to pretend that doesn't exists.

It isn't like that, just wanted to know if I had the right novel, because it was rather cheap €9,50 but I was lucky then it was a sale.
Aug 11, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2018

It isn't like that, just wanted to know if I had the right novel, because it was rather cheap €9,50 but I was lucky then it was a sale.

Ooooh, sorry bout that, please ignore that comment/semi-rant then -_-.

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.