Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 10, 2016 4:33 PM

Feb 2012
Ok episode, 2nd half of the episode with Miyu was done really well but the first half was a mess with poor animation, choppy scene transitions and skipping out some things, hopefully this was just a one-off.
Would of been 3/5 but revealing THAT drops it down to 2/5 disappointed in you silver link I expected better.
Aug 10, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2007
Maaaaan. So good. As someone already said this is the slowest/weakest part of Illya. Especially the next few chapters iirc. But after that it's a rollercoaster of epicness. I seriously can't wait! The expressions as usual were awesome but I noticed the animation wasn't as good this episode. Well I got triggered a bit BUT. I'm sure Silver Link will deliver in the end :3
Aug 10, 2016 6:21 PM

Oct 2013
xCrazyChris11x said:
Ok episode, 2nd half of the episode with Miyu was done really well but the first half was a mess with poor animation, choppy scene transitions and skipping out some things, hopefully this was just a one-off.
Would of been 3/5 but revealing THAT drops it down to 2/5 disappointed in you silver link I expected better.

Yeah, I also didn't get why they decided to spoil you-known-what this early on. It was supposed to be a big reveal during the climax.
Aug 10, 2016 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
Darius is OP. omg. Tanaka omg whoa
Ilya became a doll
Aug 10, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2009
Man this was such a great episode, they really nailed the atmosphere and Darious' character so well in the anime, I just love that the anime is fully embracing the dark tonal shift the manga did and not trying to dumb it down with anime original comedy. Getting closer to that Fate/Stay Night feel (Which will hit full force later on).
Aug 10, 2016 7:39 PM

Aug 2015
antonn said:
1/10 dropped for cutting:

No wonder i felt like something is missing. ;(

First half was kinda disappointed.
Hope all this is for the last few episodes epicness.

3/5
Aug 10, 2016 7:47 PM
Jul 2016
Well well well, I see the cutting hammer a lot in this week's battle but that was ok, as long as you are NO FUCKING UP the true main battle than all of this can be forgiven. I knew you are saving your money for the best battle so I will wait for your work.
Aug 10, 2016 9:26 PM

Mar 2014
The doujins are writing themselves! 10/10
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 10, 2016 10:42 PM

Nov 2012
i can't really take that guy seriously so far, his "dark grin faces" were more cringey than anything else.
Aug 10, 2016 11:24 PM

Aug 2010
silverwalls said:
i can't really take that guy seriously so far, his "dark grin faces" were more cringey than anything else.

Even Erica agrees.

I'm just going to say that it's intentionally that way.
Aug 11, 2016 12:28 AM

Dec 2015
From the close up of the lapid (16:23 min):

… Julian.
Άχρωμο ϕως που έχει καταϐάλει η διάβρωση
Sakatsuki Miyu … κλαπεί στη Emiya Shirou

Τη ϕύση της όπως είχε … Αλλά ακόρ[ντα]
[Θ λει] … ως ένα δοχείο
Julian αποσπάσει το σκάϕος [α]πό χέρ[ια]
Πάνω από τώρα Χρό[νος] απ[ ]ένει για αυτό

... Julian
Colorless light weakened by corruption
Sakatsuki Miyu … stolen by Emiya Shirou
Her nature as [it] was … but chords
Function as a vessel
Julian diverts the ship from hands
Up from now Time remains for it
Aug 11, 2016 3:20 AM

Jan 2011
So they showed that early. Well the OP is already spoilerific as it is.
Aug 11, 2016 6:56 AM

Jun 2013
dude thinks he's running a play he's crazy alright
Aug 11, 2016 7:09 AM

Oct 2013
Xarvon said:
From the close up of the lapid (16:23 min):

… Julian.
Άχρωμο ϕως που έχει καταϐάλει η διάβρωση
Sakatsuki Miyu … κλαπεί στη Emiya Shirou

Τη ϕύση της όπως είχε … Αλλά ακόρ[ντα]
[Θ λει] … ως ένα δοχείο
Julian αποσπάσει το σκάϕος [α]πό χέρ[ια]
Πάνω από τώρα Χρό[νος] απ[ ]ένει για αυτό

... Julian
Colorless light weakened by corruption
Sakatsuki Miyu … stolen by Emiya Shirou
Her nature as [it] was … but chords
Function as a vessel
Julian diverts the ship from hands
Up from now Time remains for it

I just realized that the myth is written in Modern Greek, which doesn't make sense because myths are more associated with Ancient Greek. Oh well.
Aug 11, 2016 7:21 AM

Jun 2013
So Darius is super strong and is no easy person to defeat which is why Miyu believes that saving her is near impossible. But since Illya is the same loli who defeated Gilgamesh who just took in the Holy Grail and was also incredibly strong, Miyu is inclined to think that she might be saved.

Darius is the one who started the Holy Grail War here and he made those hero summoning cards. Along with that he has noble phantasm like things with him. One thing already determined in the last episode was that noble phantasms aren't only swords or spears or chains, they can be other things too as the onsen was because of a noble phantasm. Darius having noble phantasms Gil doesn't know about either means that they were obscure ones which didn't catch Gilgamesh's attention and Darius modified them or something, or that Darius made noble phantasm like things which aren't noble phantasms, but are very similar, just like Bazette's weapon which pierces the heart when the opponent is using his/her strongest move.

And Tanaka is pretty mysterious even now. She's hot. Not the "sekushi" hot, but the "hyperthermia" hot. And she said "Counterfeiter" which could mean that either she has a power to make copies of some ability or something, or neutralize that ability by doing something exactly opposite, or that Darius is a counterfeiter i.e he makes replicas of stuff, much like Kuro (Archer), or maybe, that wasn't really Darius at all and was some imitation or something because while leaving he changed shape and turned into someone looking like a highschooler, and that person is a counterfeit whom we see in the end of the opening sequence right before Illya is using Excalibur. We see Darius and that high school like person in the opening sequence which is making me inclined to believe that they are two different people. (Or maybe that is Darius' power after all, making replicas or imitations.) I doubt Tanaka's power is only being hot because I don't think she can survive Thor's hammer and not be injured by just being a little too warm. Or maybe her being hot is because she's fired up lol. Tanaka seems to remember stuff when she's with the Ainsworths.

And Erica seems to be a nice girl, but she's an enemy so she's bad. But she seems to genuinely care about Miyu and she did kinda like Illya. And Miyu has taken a bit of a liking to her. And that ritual or whatever which was going on with Miyu on the stone slab or whatever, started off looking like she was about to be raped by Darius lol. And it seems that those stiff coming on the big slabs are Miyu's memories because they had "Illya" written there. And that's probably how Darius came to know all about those around Illya.

And Gil was busy eating mapo while the girls were getting their butts kicked by Darius lol. They really did a good job in showing how overpowered Darius is. Illya will have to come up with a plan to defeat this creepy strong guy if she wants to save Miyu. And Illya has gone off to somewhere in the rain while everyone was sleeping. Is she going to be turned into a stuffed toy or something? Or did she leave that stuffed toy in her place? What was with that next episode preview?
Aug 11, 2016 8:00 AM

May 2013
suikaMUSIC said:
I just realized that the myth is written in Modern Greek, which doesn't make sense because myths are more associated with Ancient Greek. Oh well.

Remember google translate does not has an ancient greek option and the probability of anyone within a 100 kilometre radius of silver link headquarters knowing ancient greek is close to 0%.
Aug 11, 2016 8:02 AM

Jul 2007
ReaperCreeper said:

They did not spoil or reveal anything. People who have not read the manga would not get it.
Aug 11, 2016 8:18 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Just another cringey crazy villain I see, probably would be even more cringey when he loses later

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 12, 2016 1:26 AM

Jan 2011
Fai said:
ReaperCreeper said:

They did not spoil or reveal anything. People who have not read the manga would not get it.
Oh please, if Ufotable did something like that in UBW you'd still be finding a way to complain about it in every post.
Aug 12, 2016 1:38 AM

Jul 2007
ReaperCreeper said:
Fai said:

Oh please, if Ufotable did something like that in UBW you'd still be finding a way to complain about it in every post.

Except I only complain about legitimate problems and Ufotable had plenty of them, don't try to alter the narrative for the circlejerk needs :)
Aug 12, 2016 1:42 AM

Feb 2013
I don't know what it is about this season, but it's really boring. It moves quickly and nothing that happens feels very significant because the whole plot is driven by deus ex machina. I know the Fate series is full of it--especially Fate Kaleid--but this story is so shallow that it feels like a children's anime.

That's okay, I guess... but after all the fanservice and softcore yuri, it just comes off as perverted. I hope it cleans up towards the end. :/ I can't imagine how this trash is going to get animated for much longer. Maybe that's why it's looking so low budget...
Aug 12, 2016 3:36 AM

Jul 2007
^Perfect example of someone trying so hard to bait that it becomes utterly obvious.
Aug 12, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2011
Fai said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Except I only complain about legitimate problems and Ufotable had plenty of them
There's a lot I can say about your legitimate complaints, but I'll refrain and just say, shoehorning it into every post is toxic and obnoxious. Never the less there's a clear hypocrisy towards how you react to differences from the source, or your headcanon, between the two adaptations. You don't think people saw that Darius fight coming completely predictable thanks to the OP? Now take what was added in this episode and what's shown in the OP and it goes from some foreshadowing, to almost outright just giving it away. Also never mind it goes against his established character, something you claim to care so much about.

don't try to alter the narrative for the circlejerk needs :)
Look who's talking, I disagree with you and you try to play it off as some harassment campaign. Not that I'm surprised by it.

Speaking of which.
Fai said:
^Perfect example of someone trying so hard to bait that it becomes utterly obvious.
Perfect example of your delusions.
Aug 12, 2016 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
Well, I expected better. Ainsworth is lackluster villain and the way they are handling power levels is also disappointing. Be it Tanaka or Ainsworth ability to counter every phantasm. Seems like this series is making those things work as story sees fit.

Miyu x Erika conversation was good I guess. But whatever Ainsworth transformation into Shinji(?) meant?
Aug 12, 2016 11:22 AM

May 2014
He is almost as crazy as Caster from Fate Zero
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 12, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
Well, I expected better. Ainsworth is lackluster villain and the way they are handling power levels is also disappointing. Be it Tanaka or Ainsworth ability to counter every phantasm. Seems like this series is making those things work as story sees fit.

Not really. Darius abilities make perfect sense in context.

Tanaka makes perfect sense since anybody with even basic knowledge of nasuverse can already sort of guess who she is.
Aug 12, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2012
Fai said:
Not really. Darius abilities make perfect sense in context.
Tanaka makes perfect sense since anybody with even basic knowledge of nasuverse can already sort of guess who she is.

You are talking out of position of someone who already read source material so of course you see it as obvious. But Prillya can be mess when dealing with Nasuverse logic. I'm not taking it too seriously and I enjoy it that way for example.

And I bet there are many other viewers who knows Nasuverse and still aren't 100% sure what's going on.
In fact, just reading some spoilerish hints and comments on these forums can make people realize some things way earlier than they would otherwise have if they just casually watched the series without any input.
Aug 12, 2016 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
I knew it! Tanaka is an irregular whose existence is a threat to Ainsworth?
4/5.

Aug 12, 2016 9:59 PM
Oct 2011
Fai said:

Really? who is she? I basically have no idea.
YggdrasilTMAug 12, 2016 10:17 PM
Aug 12, 2016 10:15 PM

Jul 2014
Can we have a single bloody show without the villain being completely and totally insane, doing the ridiculous crazy laugh and babbling nonsense while simultaneously being ultra powerful and effective in spite of what should be a completely debilitating mental illness?
Aug 12, 2016 10:23 PM

May 2016
People said this episode was slow but for me i feel like 3rei is getting more interesting and mysterious right now.

Darius is insane and really overpowered, as expected along with the other Ainsworths.

Can't imagine what the hell Shirou did in this world against a 1v3 or something to free Miyu
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Aug 13, 2016 3:17 AM

Jun 2008
Suddenly, it's pretty fucking dark!

Can't wait for the next episode.

Definitely my favorite season of Loli/Fate by far!
Aug 13, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
Some parts were shorten, but overall the episode was good. I never hope for a full adaptation of anything, so I'm not bothered by this level of shortening in the anime.
Aug 13, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
JustALEX said:

by the end of this season it's no longer "Loli/Fate",it's GAR/Fate
Aug 13, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
BioMaster said:
JustALEX said:

Little do the anime-onlies know, but by the start of the next season, it's officially "Fate/stay night: the 4th route".
Aug 13, 2016 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
BioMaster said:

Little do the anime-onlies know, but by the start of the next season, it's officially "Fate/stay night: the 4th route".
Well that's... disappointing?
Aug 13, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

If you value fanservice more than some really great storytelling, sure.
Aug 13, 2016 7:07 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

It's more I value the lighter tones and fun rather than the death and suffering stuff.
Aug 13, 2016 7:17 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

It's more I value the lighter tones and fun rather than the death and suffering stuff.

I getcha. Well, i think that a bit of dark narrative elements help contrast the lighthearted ones. You just appreciate them more when you return to them. But yeah, i understand if this kind of story isn't to your taste, regardless.

I just hope you give all of 3rei a chance, especialy the season after this one, because it's highly regarded amongst the Fate fans for a reason.

I mean, look at MAL's rating for the three mangas:
Original - 7.35
2wei - 7.66
3rei - 8.33
astroprogsAug 13, 2016 7:23 PM
Aug 13, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

I getcha. Well, i think that a bit of dark narrative elements help contrast the lighthearted ones. You just appreciate them more when you return to them. But yeah, i understand if this kind of story isn't to your taste, regardless.

I just hope you give all of 3rei a chance, especialy the season after this one, because it's highly regarded amongst the Fate fans for a reason.

Original - 7.35
2wei - 7.66
3rei - 8.33
Of course. I'm not planning on giving up on a series when we're 4 seasons in, but I can't help be hesitant if 3rei is highly regarded by the fans who love Fate/Zero and Heavens Feel.
Aug 13, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

Original - 7.35
2wei - 7.66
3rei - 8.33
Of course. I'm not planning on giving up on a series when we're 4 seasons in, but I can't help be hesitant if 3rei is highly regarded by the fans who love Fate/Zero and Heavens Feel.

I think the people who stuck around reading this manga, of all things Fate, and this far made it clear about their taste, haha. Anyone who actually thinks that dark and edgy elements are what make a good series wouldn't even finish the first anime season of Prisma Illya, let alone read the manga to its latest chapter.

About the content itself, 3rei doesn't even revel in its suffering, trying to one up itself on how it can shock you next. It's the type of "dark" that you can appreciate and the type of tone that complements the other one instead of being forced, out of place and just for the sake of being there.
Aug 13, 2016 8:35 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

I think the people who stuck around reading this manga, of all things Fate, and this far made it clear about their taste, haha. Anyone who actually thinks that dark and edgy elements are what make a good series wouldn't even finish the first anime season of Prisma Illya, let alone read the manga to its latest chapter.

About the content itself, 3rei doesn't even revel in its suffering, trying to one up itself on how it can shock you next. It's the type of "dark" that you can appreciate and the type of tone that complements the other one instead of being forced, out of place and just for the sake of being there.
That sounds good. After all, it's not like the first 2 series were devoid of dark themes, it just had plenty of "cooling off" periods. Whereas it seems like we're in it for the long run here in 3rei.
Aug 13, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

That sounds good. After all, it's not like the first 2 series were devoid of dark themes, it just had plenty of "cooling off" periods. Whereas it seems like we're in it for the long run here in 3rei.

True, true.

Although, (and this is a very small and almost insignificant spoiler for the next couple of episodes, unless you just prefer to go in 100% blind)
Aug 13, 2016 8:53 PM
Jul 2016
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

Let me rename it: "Fate/Stay Night: The DREAM Route that fan of Type Moon always wanted but Studio Deen failed to deliver."

Don't worry, the author actually knew how to combine the 3 routes together and since he had no restriction of "Following F/SN" rule, he had a freaking Rule Breaker a lot of thing in the next arc. It was like he was playing the VN and watching all of Fate related anime and took the best bits of each route and made it logical to happen that way.
Aug 13, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

True, true.

Although, (and this is a very small and almost insignificant spoiler for the next couple of episodes, unless you just prefer to go in 100% blind)
Neat. I almost feel like I set up false expectations reading these forums
Aug 13, 2016 9:18 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

True, true.

I can see why TBH.

About how dark 3rei gets, (HUGE spoilers for F/Z and HF's stories and atmosphere spoiler for 3rei)
astroprogsAug 13, 2016 9:22 PM
Aug 13, 2016 9:31 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

I can see why TBH.

About how dark 3rei gets, (HUGE spoilers for F/Z and HF's stories and atmosphere spoiler for 3rei)
Oh that's fantastic.

If Illya did get to that point that would be unfortunate.
Aug 13, 2016 10:01 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

I can see why TBH.

Oh that's fantastic.

If Illya did get to that point that would be unfortunate.

True.

Hiroyama's "dark" is generally of a different kind of Urobuchi's.
Urobuchi usually hits the reader/viewer with the dark stuff early on in his stories and when they start to get desensitized by them, he doubles down and go further into the "fucked up" territory. The problem with that approach is that while the work is very emotionally charged, sooner or later, the dark elements just won't hold the same weight anymore for some people.
Hiroyama, on the other hand, keeps the reader/viewer in a pink flowery world and get them to know and like the characters, so when he finally decides to introduce the darker elements, the slightest change will seem huge and the emotional impact, due to the contrast, would be really strong and feel more personal because you can really relate to those characters now.

I think his short "Gorgon Double Flat" doujinshi of Hollow Ataraxia, which i really recommend you find and read BTW, describes that part of his work perfectly for me. 90% of the work is lighthearted fun, but when that small emotional part hits, it feels more powerful despite its simplicity.
astroprogsAug 13, 2016 10:23 PM
Aug 14, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

True, true.

KEK

talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

Its good that FSN was not about death and suffering then! :)
AhenshihaelAug 14, 2016 11:04 AM
Aug 14, 2016 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
Not that it matters for people like the Ainsworths, and Erica herself clearly forgot the important part:

Illiya said "You shouldn't hurt people without a reason" - Erica actually got it right i n the end. But even if you forget all about why she's in this world in the first place, she had a reason. After all, Darius tried to murder her slowly just a few moments earlier.

So better watch what your dad does little girl, and think hard how other people might feel about his actions, before going round and calling other people a liar.

Also, i think the biggest spoilers about most series are here in the forum. Even saying there are spoilers in the OP is actually a spoiler in itself, as just by watching the OP you have no idea whether that stuff is gonna happen even remotely like it's displayed or if it's just for show.

And the rest of the stuff here goes even further.

There is also a huge difference between only having seen the previous season, if at all, looking up some stuff on the wiki etc., and knowing every little detail by heart.

If you did the later, every single thing you say here is basically a spoiler. The things you see as a spoiler in the anime either fly under the radar or are like "hey, maybe it's like this and this, i saw that in UBW (or some of the other adaptions), but the things many here say are like this:

Lets assume somebody knows nothing about this, didn't even watch the previous seasons, nor any other adaption or anything. And lets say we only saw Illya going to school. Then that one posts that he wonders why Illya has such a weird family.

And then you come and say "thats because she's a magical girl, and in the other adaptions does this and that and here and there and so on, but you clearly alread knew that because the title already spoilers that".

And i'm like "hm.. Fate..not really. Kaleid? Huh? Maybe from Kaleidoscope, but whats that do with magic? Liner? No idea. Prisma? Again, colors, but magic? Nope. Illya? Sure, thats the MC, a schoolgirl with a weird family.."

I actually looked up some things after having seen the other adaptions, and i have some ideas how it all could make sense within the universe, and there are *some* things in the OP that i guess are a hint, but without knowing all the things by heart or explicitly looking stuff up right on the spot..not really. The characters are shown of course, that can be taken as a spoiler, but Nasuverse-specific concepts and so? Nope.

IMHO, the "do not discuss the manga" etc. rule should be enforced much more drastically. It's not just about not discussing the manga *after* this point, but basically everything that it not in the anime itself. The focus should be on the first part of the rule, not the second.

I guess discussing the previous seasons is okay where applicable, it's not like they reintroduce all characters with each season etc., but cross-referencing from other adaptions in the same universe or using the manga or wikis etc. is off limits. That should include "it's totally different from what you think but i'm not telling because that would be a spoiler". No, it wouldn't. Or well, i guess it would, but it already *IS* one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.