Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 11, 2016 6:36 PM

Aug 2016
Gore fest horrors don't really scare me. I wouldn't rule out the horror genre overall though, given there are ways to scare me than "Mountain of Entrails the Anime"
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 11, 2016 11:37 PM
Jul 2013
paraze said:
Margarinefly said:

Ouch lol. Hit a sore spot did I?

Also, you might want to brush up on the definition of genre, because lolicon is a genre lmao

Huh? No? Wanna imply that I'm into pedoshit? We just truly don't care about your fetishes.

Indeed, lolicon hentai and ecchi is a thing. I think it's fair to consider lolicon as a subgenre of these two. Even if you use a definition of genre different than mine to assert that lolicon is a genre, your arguments to say that's the weakest one are pretty... weak. I mean, "it's weird (and I'm not a pedophile!!) so it's the weakest genre". Not to say that hentai and ecchi are the greatest ones (wat Mamster-P got banned ?), but at the very least try to come up with decent arguments.

JustALEX said:
Mecha.

You've seen one mecha anime, you've seen them all...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I give this bait a 6/10.

Edit: 5/10 because tons of people actually think that ("uguu I hate mecha but I like Code Geass cuz it doesn't focus on mecha") and it's just so sad.

You seem to be very bad at reading comprehension. The OP was talking about the weakest anime genre for him. Not in general. I was talking about the weakest genre to me. Coincidentally, my "Fetishes" would actually play a role in the assessment of the weakest genre for me. Also, stating something is not a fetish for you is the opposite of telling someone your fetishes, lmao.

Also, a quick google search gives: "a style or category of art, music, or literature." as the definition of genre. You can't just have different opinions about the definition of a word rofl. Lolicon seems to fit into that definition of genre.

And then as far as arguments go, how about that the sexualization of children is literally, and I mean literally in the most literal sense, illegal. Pretty ez pz lemonz squeezy argument there.
Aug 11, 2016 11:56 PM
Apr 2015
Horror is the weakest in my opinion since it just turns into gore and senseless violence most of the time by trying to emulate horror movies which doesn't work in anime form
Aug 12, 2016 12:15 AM

Apr 2015
B-b-b-battle harems! If I do happen to find one that isn't full of half assed writing, one* dementional characters and overused stereotypes at every turn, it's probably so bogged down by unnecessariy fan service that it drowns out the plot line. I think I can count on one hand the number of battle harems I actually enjoyed watching.

I think the horror genre has many bad titles, but it has some pretty good ones as well, so that gives it a leg up in my book.

If I had to pick a third category, I would probably pick magical girl anime. I just don't like it, but it's not that I think it's particularly bad. It's just not for me
OctavarAug 12, 2016 1:57 PM
Aug 12, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
Octavar said:
B-b-b-battle harems! If I do happen to find one that isn't full of half assed writing, two dementional characters and overused stereotypes at every turn, it's probably so bogged down by unnecessariy fan service that it drowns out the plot line. I think I can count on one hand the number of battle harems I actually enjoyed watching.

I think the horror genre has many bad titles, but it has some pretty good ones as well, so that gives it a leg up in my book.

If I had to pick a third category, I would probably pick magical girl anime. I just don't like it, but it's not that I think it's particularly bad. It's just not for me
Most magical girl anime is just girl in skirts in heel fighting a one dimensional villain.:D
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 13, 2019 2:48 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Harem and Reverse Harem, they’re full of shit MCs.
Mar 9, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2018
"Ecchi" tag is an absolute attribute of low quality anime
Nemo_NiemandMar 9, 2019 12:40 PM

Mar 9, 2019 12:50 PM
Apr 2018
Thriller. There should be more thriller anime.
Mar 9, 2019 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
Genres that work more in Manga, these being Horror and Yuri for me due to the fact that either the quality is better in Manga format or there is just so much more variety for these genres in the manga format vs in Anime. Seeing more Yuri adaptions coming into play I think it will be more well-represented in Anime format however I wish the best for Horror, so far most recent ones have just been an edgelord's wet dream rather than an actual frightening experience.

Oh I'm also going to include the "Idol" genre, I am a fan of specific series within the genre but a majority of the series in Idol Anime tend to fall flat and heavily rely on tropes too much and never really does anything new or unique. So you can see why Zombieland Saga appealed so much to people who were never fans of idol anime but I'm gonna be honest, when it came to idol stuff specifically it didn't really hit it for me but for how unique and fresh it was for an idol anime I am glad it exists. It's just not something I would call better than the Queens of idol anime, Aikatsu! and Idolm@ster.
Aidoru-OjisanMar 9, 2019 1:00 PM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Mar 9, 2019 1:03 PM

Sep 2018
Slice of Life with school
I like some slice of life anime that does not take place at school, but school slice if life tends to have more cliches than any other series due to how common and limited the setting tends to be.
Mar 9, 2019 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
Romanceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mar 9, 2019 2:27 PM

Jan 2018
Nemo_Niemand said:
"Ecchi" tag is an absolute attribute of low quality anime

This. The only ecchi I've ever given a chance was NGNL, and honestly if the ecchi elements weren't there it would've been so. much. better.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 9, 2019 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
Harems: Well tbh it's nothing special one boy (girl in RH) is surrounded by multiples of girls (boys in RH). Random shenanigans ensue and THAT'S IT!! What's else is there? Is not bad, but it's pretty bland.

Mecha: Honestly, Im not that interested in Sentai and their spectrum of mecha. So why would I be interested in a whole genre about Mechas.

P.S. Why was this thread necro'd?

Mar 9, 2019 5:52 PM

May 2014
If we're speaking in general I'd have to say horror, I mean I loved Higurashi but there just aren't a lot of good horror anime.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Mar 9, 2019 5:53 PM

Jun 2017
Id definitely say horror, i dislike horror because i don't enjoy being scared but when its anime it just doesn't scare me in the slightest,it try's to hard to be something it just cant be.

Id also say Mecha is kinda weak too, other than stuff from the 90's everythings just trying to be Evangalion and it just doesn't work for me
Mar 9, 2019 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
I'm seeing a lot of horror answers, and I understand that. I mean for a lot of people realism in horror is what scares them. This extends both visually and with the ideas. I mean anime as a medium is a fantasy, so that would, of course, translate to horror.
I hate being scared though, so horror isn't a genre I watch, and I'm happy I can watch most anime with a horror tag without worrying about anything.

I'm also seeing a lot of harem answers, which I also understand. I mean it's hard to pull off all those characters in such a short amount of time, but personally, I've seen a fair bit of that genre that I'll consider good. I mean Oran Highschool is in my favorites and I have Tohru(Fruits Basket) as my 10th favorite character. I also rated around 10~ stuff in that genre 7+(meaning above average), so even with some of the black marks on its name, when I pick one up I usually enjoy it. Harem is by nature a character-driven show, and I judge characters based on how enjoyable the act of watching them is. So harems may not have time to develop their characters that much or be complex, but the girls/guys usually stand out through quirks and the effort is put into how fun they are to watch with only an episode of development.

If I had to pick my least favorite genre, it'll be magical girls. Usually, when I go to anime, I go there for the story, but magical girls usually have a formula they closely follow. For instance, you'll have a set-up with the slice of life elements, action with a random villain, and then a conclusion of a minor character/main character set up in the first act. Stuff like Miraculous Ladybug(not anime), Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew, and Mermaid Melody(could be wrong about this one) really left me with a negative opinion of the genre as a whole, with how repetitive it is.
May 4, 2019 11:53 AM

Jan 2011
Peaceful_Critic said:
I'm seeing a lot of horror answers, and I understand that. I mean for a lot of people realism in horror is what scares them. This extends both visually and with the ideas. I mean anime as a medium is a fantasy, so that would, of course, translate to horror.
I hate being scared though, so horror isn't a genre I watch, and I'm happy I can watch most anime with a horror tag without worrying about anything.

I'm also seeing a lot of harem answers, which I also understand. I mean it's hard to pull off all those characters in such a short amount of time, but personally, I've seen a fair bit of that genre that I'll consider good. I mean Oran Highschool is in my favorites and I have Tohru(Fruits Basket) as my 10th favorite character. I also rated around 10~ stuff in that genre 7+(meaning above average), so even with some of the black marks on its name, when I pick one up I usually enjoy it. Harem is by nature a character-driven show, and I judge characters based on how enjoyable the act of watching them is. So harems may not have time to develop their characters that much or be complex, but the girls/guys usually stand out through quirks and the effort is put into how fun they are to watch with only an episode of development.

If I had to pick my least favorite genre, it'll be magical girls. Usually, when I go to anime, I go there for the story, but magical girls usually have a formula they closely follow. For instance, you'll have a set-up with the slice of life elements, action with a random villain, and then a conclusion of a minor character/main character set up in the first act. Stuff like Miraculous Ladybug(not anime), Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew, and Mermaid Melody(could be wrong about this one) really left me with a negative opinion of the genre as a whole, with how repetitive it is.
Late qutoe but I love your answer. I like Sailor Moon, but man Ladybug got on my nerves. Thank you bring that up as it is pretty much French animated magical show.
May 4, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
MasterHavik said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Late qutoe but I love your answer. I like Sailor Moon, but man Ladybug got on my nerves. Thank you bring that up as it is pretty much French animated magical show.
Thanks, though I thought it was common knowledge that it was a magical girls show. I don't think I need to be thanked for that.
May 4, 2019 12:01 PM
Aug 2018
For me it’s Horror or Romance
Only Perfect Blue and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni & Only Fruits Basket and Chobits (Manga) I consider good but I’m willing to explore more in those genres.
May 4, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2011
Peaceful_Critic said:
MasterHavik said:
Thanks, though I thought it was common knowledge that it was a magical girls show. I don't think I need to be thanked for that.
I haven't posted in this thread in awhile.
May 4, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
MasterHavik said:
Peaceful_Critic said:
I haven't posted in this thread in awhile.
It's okay, I posted in the forum late as well.
May 4, 2019 12:17 PM
Sep 2017
Vampire: I can only name 3 shows that are good ( haven´t watch Blood + )

Jojo part 1 ( is just part 1 an is the weekest of the jojo parts )

Monogatari ( Kizumonogatari actually and are only 3 movies )

Hellsing Ultimate ( Masterpiece of OVAS )

Or

Dark Fantasy: Only one is good and is an 1997 adaptation and is week if we compare it to his manga ( Berserk )
WhgediaMay 4, 2019 12:21 PM
May 5, 2019 12:54 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
historical drama has been the most boring genre combination so far that I've seen.

Horror is rare and even rarer are horror Anime that actually induce "fear" to some extent. But eh.. same for western movies tbh..rarely any induce fear. Most are either stupid jumpscares or just gory/different stuff that have "horror" tag.

Dementia, so little are in that genre and most I remember seeing were quite boring.

Yuri has been as well rather "miss" for me for the most part.
May 5, 2019 1:09 AM
Feb 2015
Isekai without a doubt i rarely find myself enjoying this genre.
May 5, 2019 1:15 AM

May 2016
Horror, of course. It's one of the few genres that keeps me crawling back to live-action films and TV shows.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 5, 2019 1:21 AM

Jan 2016
kids is the obvious choice. it only has 6 anime over 8.0 rating.
May 5, 2019 1:58 AM
Apr 2018
1)Shoujo ai
2)Shounen ai
3)Dementia
1,2 an 3 are statistically poorly rated .In my opinion I would also add harem and ecchi.
May 5, 2019 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
Horror only has Higurashi and maybe Shinsekai yori if you count one..
Romance is actually quite weak too imo, many anime labelled as romance but their good side actually is comedy (romcom).. The only good romance I can remember are Clannad AS and Tsuki ga Kirei ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 5, 2019 3:36 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Isekai. Wouldn't say there aren't any good Isekai out there, but I mostly end up disliking them. I have to say, however, that Fushigi Yuugi is one of my favorite manga series to date, and that for almost 20 years now. A lot of nostalgia may be involved, but yeah.. :p

Also, Ecchi/Harem. Not because of the fan service, I don't mind that too much, but because I can't stand the stupid MCs most of the time.

I usually love Horror, but most Horror anime are hot garbage.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

151 by ISeeLifePeople »»
1 minute ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

8 by Ricchan__ »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

60 by Zarutaku »»
23 minutes ago

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

3 by nishant0 »»
50 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

40 by FanofAction »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.