Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 6, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yohane has a lot of chemistry with the other girls, she's just too fun to watch!

The episode was alright, fun to see the girls trying to record and make some exciting videos with their talent. The girls are really getting together like a family and I love that Kunikida promoted their club at night with a performance. I thought song sounded decent too.
Aug 6, 2016 7:10 AM

Feb 2014
Really fun episode. Yoshiko is really fun to watch.
That Riko though

Zuraaa

Yeah, I can see that fans in real life will be doing this

Next episode, TOKYO!! Will Aqours meet µ's?
Aug 6, 2016 7:56 AM

Jan 2016
The song came out of nowhere. Not sure when they made it or when they even sung it.

They need to make use of this being a sequel rather than a reboot at some point. As it's a loose sequel, there's no in-anime reason for them to not have some connection to the originals other than "hey, remember μ's, they were good right?"
Aug 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Jun 2013
This episode is good but I'm wondering when did they made the song? Love the new insert song though.
Kitan~!
Aug 6, 2016 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
That song though..

THAT SONG WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY~! //sobbing
Aug 6, 2016 8:33 AM

Dec 2014
Lovely episode again, Was real fun to watch and hilarious at points.

I laughed way too hard when Chika-chan was overjoyed at the fact that the school was closing XD

Damn, They got 4k recording. The PV making was really fun to watch. Yohane's PV scene was easily the best.

As expected the third years were in an idol group already.

They really are pushing the Riko-Dog pairing lol

Song at the ending was great, True it came out of nowhere but the visuals were amazing and the song itself was catchy and nice.
I loved the whole Lantern Aqours thing, It was stunning.

Nice to see girls especially Chika realizing she wants to save the school :)
Aug 6, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
Too much references to first love live IMO.

LL Sunshine doesn't have a real identity because the studio didn't want to innovate a bit. I don't understand why they planned to do a repetition of the first love live instead of making a great new show.

In this episode, the song really came from nowhere, and there is no excuse for this mistake.
The episode is called "Let's Make a PV" so we all know it'll end. We have a group of idols, wtf the first idea they have isn't to make a song video ? Especially the one who seems like Honoka and that I don't remember the name who knows that u's sang to save their school.
So they could have made an episode showing how it's difficult to make a song video and how they managed to do it (alone or with the help of u's videos), but they decided to fill an entire episode with PV of a town we don't even care.

I didn't like really Chuunibuyo but I think it's the only that is refreshing this whole anime. (the only thing truly original with a Love live anime ATM and IMO)
Aug 6, 2016 8:43 AM

Jun 2016
I REALLY hope µ's will appear in this series. And dude, all of Aquors's songs are great until now, can't wait to get to hear more.
Btw. still waiting for Kanan ;_;
Aug 6, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2014

You’re telling me you swam all the way to the Ohara’s and entered their house while being soaked just to ask Mari if the school really will be shutting down?

Sounds convincible, Kanan. xD

=======

Love this episode. But wait. the school will be shutting down?
wtf sunrise! why you do this?
This makes the story looks similar with first love live -__-
Music speaks to people's hearts. All throughout the world. I believe it's a powerfull language.
Aug 6, 2016 9:19 AM

Apr 2011
Ahahaha!! I knew it. The school will be closed too. And Chika's reaction to that is hilarious.

Riko's fate on dogs is just lol. I was laughing really hard. They're really pushing the dog x Riko thing here.

Many knew that the third years had formed a school idol but for some reason it failed. After a lot of clues and hints that's been given, its not hard to figure out.

Chika is just hilarious. I like her a lot. It seems she's trolling Riko on purpose with the dogs and having fun at it.

We finally get a new song. And its goood.

Many are gonna get disappointed on how soooo similar it is to the first love live by borrowing 'school closing' plot in the middle of the series. I guess I'm gonna just laugh at them now. Hahahaha! Sure its similar, but that's fine. Hate'rs gonna hate. Its still a fun show. If ya don't like it, you can drop this now and watch the first one as many times as you like.

looking forward to the tokyo episode. They might meet μ's or cameo.

Laters.
MagitoAug 6, 2016 9:42 AM
Aug 6, 2016 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
Chika's and Hanamaru's reactions to the school closing save me from hating that returning plot point. Song was ok but verry preatty visually with those lanterns.
Next episode Tokyo which makes me excited for some μ's cameo I'm not fucking ready to see them all grown up I might die.
Aug 6, 2016 9:26 AM

Dec 2014
The parallels between this and the first Love Live are getting closer and closer. Like others had said, the show lacks an identity to set itself apart from the original series. However, the production values are much better here (not saying the original Love Live looked anywhere near bad though) when compared to the first Love Live, so I guess that's something.
Aug 6, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
The song was so pretty and good!

Let's hope Aquors will able to prevent the school from closing down!
Aug 6, 2016 9:40 AM

Jun 2015
lol Chika and Hanamaru reacted weirdly to the news, hilarious
the lantern scene is pretty, the song is good. Not much originality but overall decent episode

anyway, about the group's name, maybe the name was from the old idol club of the third years?
Aug 6, 2016 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
'Gee, I wonder how the girls are gonna react to the school being closed down?' I said. Can't say I expected 'totally ecstatic' to be Chika's reaction.

I really liked the message behind this episode too. A lot of people who want to become famous and achieve their dreams lament the fact that they weren't born and raised in the big city and there's also a lot of people from a humble background who become famous and curse their upbringing. The girls are gradually learning to embrace Numazu and I think that sends a very positive message. One that I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate.

Anyway, great episode as always. Solid comedy, some hints at drama coming down the road, great performance scene. The outfits in that dance were honestly pretty bland, but I really liked the song plus the animation really shows just how far the franchise has come.

Funnily enough my friend and I were just talking about the possibility of the 3rd years being failed idols. It's a great twist and it explains a lot. Why they all know each other, Kanan's depressed state and apprehension towards the idea of becoming an idol, Dia's tsundere attitude towards idols and Mari's desire to get them to join up with Aqours.

The show's been great so far but I feel like we're finally starting to reach the point that they've been building up to for quite some time.
Aug 6, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2015
The song was sO GOOD ow my heart.

Now Love Live! Sunshine!! is becoming really similar to Love Live!'s main plot point of the first season.
I mean, it's not a bad thing, but I hope Aquors' journey is different than that of muse's. I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I love the character interactions so much!! They're all so cute.

Also this made me laugh sO HARD

hannyahAug 6, 2016 9:59 AM
Aug 6, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
Best episode yet! Aww my poor heart. The song was absolutely heart-warming! Warming up to the girls now.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 6, 2016 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
Vhailor said:
Finally an episode that I liked, and which wasn't blatantly trying to ride the coattails of the first series. Well, at least until that ending scene with Mari anyway. It's highly unlikely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed that their school is closing down.

*Facepalm* I was giving this show too much credit there. They tried to pass the announcement off as a meta joke, but that didn't do much in making it seem any less of a (yet another) shameless ripoff of the original series. At least the song towards the end was good, despite how empty and soulless the rest of the episode felt.
Aug 6, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2011
Loved the episode personally, I'm not the biggest fan of them having to save their school, but I guess they wanted to make things simple. :P
Loved the costumes and the song at the end.
Aug 6, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
hannyah said:

Now Love Live! Sunshine!! is becoming really similar to Love Live!'s main plot point of the first season.
I mean, it's not a bad thing, but I hope Aquors' journey is different than that of muse's. I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Soil in 4K is bomb!
Aug 6, 2016 10:57 AM

Jan 2016
and here I thought they dropped the whole school is shutting down thing. Honestly thats the only thing I don't like about this.

Aug 6, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
Really Sunrise, are we gonna do this again? Come on.

Oceeenn said:

You’re telling me you swam all the way to the Ohara’s and entered their house while being soaked just to ask Mari if the school really will be shutting down?

Sounds convincible, Kanan. xD

=======

Love this episode. But wait. the school will be shutting down?
wtf sunrise! why you do this?
This makes the story looks similar with first love live -__-

Pretty much sums up my thought.
They didn't even feel sorry, Chika-chan kinda already give away *wink *wink 4th wall breaking.

Aug 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
dat Chika reaction when she heard school is closing was great :S

lolizura was the real star of the episode tho
Aug 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
>Next episode
>TOKYO

CAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEOCAMEO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2016 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
My God, I hate that chunni girl. It's not funny, really...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 6, 2016 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
the new song was pretty good.
kind of meh that they're going with the 'saving the school' plot again, but this didn't bother me as much as i'd thought.
Aug 6, 2016 12:16 PM

Sep 2013
School closing, the girls hang out and find out what makes the town good, nice song too.

Riko x Dog again XD not just with shiitake either but with any dog :O
Riko JAV bestiality when?

Aug 6, 2016 12:50 PM

Mar 2013
just when I thought it couldn't be more like the first season of love live they announce the school is closing. really? come on I thought this was going to be better instead the more I watch this series the more it resembles the previous seasons of love live (although I will admit I like this love live more because Nico isn't in it I hate her so damn much).

Magito said:

Many are gonna get disappointed on how soooo similar it is to the first love live by borrowing 'school closing' plot in the middle of the series. I guess I'm gonna just laugh at them now. Hahahaha! Sure its similar, but that's fine. Hate'rs gonna hate. Its still a fun show. If ya don't like it, you can drop this now and watch the first one as many times as you like.

It's not really hating (then again I doubt you even know what a hater even is let alone even know the definition of hate) but more of being disappointed with the fact that they couldn't come up with anything other than closing the school and yes they are similar and you're right this is still a good show but the fact that they had to rely on the same damn plotline as the previous love live is a huge let down, because it pretty much means that they have no faith in this anime so let's do something similar to the previous one because everyone loved it. also telling people if they don't like the plot drop it and watch the prequels is kind of a childish/dickish thing to say if anything you could have said that although they share similarities and yes the plot might be going down the same route it's how they handle it, how they develop, and how it all turns out that might really make this enjoyable if not better than the prequels. see you need to convince people to continue watching not telling them to drop this because then people wonder why so many good shows are being dropped or are underrated when they are good and more people need to watch them.
FallenEntityAug 6, 2016 1:06 PM
Aug 6, 2016 12:57 PM

Nov 2014
Good episode. That insert song was pretty nice. I want the third years to join already

Hi there
Aug 6, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2014
Nat2021 said:
Too much references to first love live IMO.

LL Sunshine doesn't have a real identity because the studio didn't want to innovate a bit. I don't understand why they planned to do a repetition of the first love live instead of making a great new show.

THIS!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still really enjoying Sunshine and I'm loving the characters individually and I love the music! I just wish that they had gone somewhere new with the story!
Aug 6, 2016 1:46 PM

Nov 2011
If ever they do get a cameo. I want to see Nozomilf in the flesh.

I kinda share some of the opinions here. Sunshine is pretty great right now. I just wish they give a plot twist like them failing to save their school but end up learning something from it.

Other than the 3 3rd years and chika they dont sound too attached to the school. Hell, Zuramaru actually wants to go to "The Future".
Aug 6, 2016 1:55 PM

Nov 2012
At this point, I don't really care much about the "save the school" plot since it'll probably end up being the same as Muse. I watch to see each of the idols being theirselves and working together to achieve results.
Aug 6, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2010
Did Kanan, Mari, and Dia end up with an empty auditorium when they were trying to be school idols? I wonder what happened.

The performance video turned out pretty good when the entire town got involved in the making!

I'm also excited for next week's episode in Tokyo. Will the members of μ's make special cameo appearances!?

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Aug 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Oct 2011
Omg their school is also closing down
Chika reaction XD
Beautiful song
Tokyo ahhhhh
Aug 6, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
destructo22 said:
hannyah said:

Soil in 4K is bomb!

BAHAHAH YES I just saw that it was in 4K
Aug 6, 2016 3:52 PM

Dec 2012
Oh no the school is potentially closing down.
Hard work making a PV.

Lol Riko & the Dog.

Nice performance at the end.

So Dia, Kanan & Mari once formed a Idol group together.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 6, 2016 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
-That "last week" segment felt a lot longer than usual
-Oh they actually did it
-So apparently the third-years go way back. They're showing a lot more of the kid versions of the Sunshines, and they're all pretty adorable.
-yo ne
-Taihen desu
-Chika's reaction to the school closure was pretty much expected but it was still pretty great
-Mirai zura
-Doesn't seem like Dia's going out of her way to be a thorn in the side of Aqours like Eli was in the original series
-Wait, they're making a PV for the town itself? Here I was thinking they were making a song PV
-

-Yoshiko's spill off the bike sounded pretty painful
-*eerie laugh*
-That dog looks like a cat
-Does that mean Yohane's their tech person?
-Youshiko ships have officially sailed with You actually saying that
-Ganbaruby
-Mari's accent changed when she started talking to Aqours
-That's not the club room, Chika
-Yeah I'm actually liking how relatively non-hostile Dia is to Aqours compared to Eli in the original series.
-Turns out the speculations about the third-years being idols before were actually true
-Yeah, Mari talks with an entirely different accent to Kanan and Dia
-Pretty strange dream for Riko to have
-The insert song was pretty lovely in terms of the song itself and in terms of the visuals shown alongside it. In my opinion, Aqours sounds the best when they sing this type of melodic, mellow song since it suits pretty much all of their voices.
-Was that the third-years singing the ED? Their voices blend together really well, actually, although Kanan still doesn't sustain her notes for the full length.

When the beginning of the episode made it clear that they were actually going down the school closure route I was immediately made skeptical of the rest of the episode, but the reactions of Chika, Hanamaru, and Yoshiko to the bad news was actually pretty great, and it suited the show's general atmosphere of goofy girls doing goofy things. The PV filming was also pretty entertaining because of how much fun they all seemed to be having. I also liked how, after learning of the school possibility shutting down, Dia was much less antagonistic to the growing school idol group than Eli was. Unlike Eli, Dia seems to understand from the moment she was notified of the closure that Aqours is also trying to do the same thing as her, based on the scene between her and Ruby.

Lovely episode, went beyond my expectations.
Aug 6, 2016 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
Daisuki said:
Did Kanan, Mari, and Dia end up with an empty auditorium when they were trying to be school idols? I wonder what happened.

I'm quite curious as well, and while it might be the case, I think Kanan was the one affected by it the most somehow. It might've been related to her mostly rather than the other two members. Two pieces of evidence to support this theory was when Mari pointed out how Dia is very considerate of/likes Kanan, and when the flashback was shown, you see Kanan's face before it cuts to the present.

ThreePercent said:

-That's not the club room, Chika

I thought the club room was in the gym/around the area, so it would make sense for Chika to stumble upon Dia there.
Aug 6, 2016 5:38 PM

May 2015
Well, looks like they gotta prevent the school from shutting down as well. Tokyo next timeeeee.

Aug 6, 2016 6:22 PM
Aug 2016
Anyone here know the title of the PV's song ?
Aug 6, 2016 6:43 PM

Apr 2011
FallenEntity said:
just when I thought it couldn't be more like the first season of love live they announce the school is closing. really? come on I thought this was going to be better instead the more I watch this series the more it resembles the previous seasons of love live (although I will admit I like this love live more because Nico isn't in it I hate her so damn much).

Magito said:

It's not really hating (then again I doubt you even know what a hater even is let alone even know the definition of hate) but more of being disappointed with the fact that they couldn't come up with anything other than closing the school and yes they are similar and you're right this is still a good show but the fact that they had to rely on the same damn plotline as the previous love live is a huge let down, because it pretty much means that they have no faith in this anime so let's do something similar to the previous one because everyone loved it. also telling people if they don't like the plot drop it and watch the prequels is kind of a childish/dickish thing to say if anything you could have said that although they share similarities and yes the plot might be going down the same route it's how they handle it, how they develop, and how it all turns out that might really make this enjoyable if not better than the prequels. see you need to convince people to continue watching not telling them to drop this because then people wonder why so many good shows are being dropped or are underrated when they are good and more people need to watch them.

I know what I'm saying and I know what hate means, you idiot. I see that lot. Why would I convince them, all I see is a lot of negativity from people who expects too much and not really enjoying themselves. I don't care about them enough to tell that. Its tired see people saying its copy-paste and how so similar it is to the previous and just can't enjoy the anime itself on what it is.

Anyway, peace out.
Aug 6, 2016 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
Why is Riko so scared of dogs even small ones
Aug 6, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 2015
At first I was like: Why? The school is being closed, is it really gonna be so similiar to LL?
But then I saw the Chika scene and I was like ok, everything is alright, it wont be like LL xD

Also, Yohane, you so funny xD
"Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
--As long as you remember her,
you are not alone."

- PMMM
Aug 6, 2016 8:15 PM

May 2010
my only problem is the performance, i dont know why it is added like that but it feels disconnected to the episode and the performance is reall weak..
i think the first year is the star of this episode ..
Aug 6, 2016 9:11 PM

Aug 2008
To prevent school shut down again like the original one? Next week is Tokyo. Hopefully they meet µ's.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 6, 2016 10:09 PM

May 2014
Without chika's reaction, i might have cringed throughout the entire episode starting when ruby imitates hanayo..
Also riko having the same wavelength as chika when she conclude she was lying even tho she didnt actually saw whats inside chika's mind <3

And kanan and mari's "im your stalker" scene reminds me of kaicho wa maid <3 my new ship

Even tho sunrise is not so creative in making plot which makes lls comparable to ll, this anime exceeds on other aspects such as cast, the atmosphere and mood it gives, music. This is no doubt, a happy version of the original.
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Aug 6, 2016 10:47 PM

Nov 2010
I was very positive toward the show from the start and still am. but this repetitive plot is kinda annoying TBH. it feels lazy and not in a good way.

other than that good episode i guess.
Aug 6, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2013
Magito said:
I know what I'm saying and I know what hate means, you idiot. I see that lot. Why would I convince them, all I see is a lot of negativity from people who expects too much and not really enjoying themselves. I don't care about them enough to tell that. Its tired see people saying its copy-paste and how so similar it is to the previous and just can't enjoy the anime itself on what it is.

Anyway, peace out.
Yes, clearly you know what hate is. You perpetuate it too with your belittling.
Wanting a show to strive beyond it's predecessor is expecting too much? Standards have certainly stagnated haven't they. There's no fault in wanting a new series to be different than what is currently existing. Seeing something new and wondering how it'll differentiate itself is a completely normal reaction versus expecting it to fall on preexisting guidelines that make several people question why the new work exists at all. But we know the answer to that, don't we? It is the industry after all.
Aug 6, 2016 11:54 PM

Jan 2011
Chandela said:
Magito said:

Anyway, peace out.
Yes, clearly you know what hate is. You perpetuate it too with your belittling.
Wanting a show to strive beyond it's predecessor is expecting too much? Standards have certainly stagnated haven't they. There's no fault in wanting a new series to be different than what is currently existing. Seeing something new and wondering how it'll differentiate itself is a completely normal reaction versus expecting it to fall on preexisting guidelines that make several people question why the new work exists at all. But we know the answer to that, don't we? It is the industry after all.

I'll pretty much echo this. Supporters are just getting frustrated at reading "copy-paste" because you can't deny it's exactly what's happening. The idol paradigm doesn't change all that much to begin with but with this show it's literally copy-paste from it's predecessor. Plus this is more me I expect but the personalities of the cast are more annoying then entertaining during the SoL portions. Cute at first situation but it's not cute anymore because it's laid on so thick that it literally feels fake. That in turn takes away from the bond building segments. There is not a lot to enjoy as a result so for me that's why I voice my "hate" as it was put.
Aug 7, 2016 12:32 AM
Jun 2016
Pretty loaded for students to have a 4K camera with surround sound recording, don't ya think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

165 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.