Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, I like how Souma stood up against the intimidation Subaru put him through.

Good food reaction as well (I lol'd @ the rollercoaster one out of those attractions).
Looks like Subaru underestimated Souma, a mistake others have made in the past. Yum, this makes me so hungry.

Subaru's reaction is so freaking priceless.
Aug 6, 2016 7:39 AM

Sep 2015
Mimasaka and Doujima wearing skirts (//・_・//)
I hope the next battle will be better
Aug 6, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2012
Another well paced episode, good, good. Even if the outcome was obvious I'm glad they gave this match another full episode. And gotta love that Erina/Soma flirting in the end! XD
Aug 6, 2016 7:45 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a bit underwhelming.

Ryou vs. Akira though, omg.
Aug 6, 2016 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
That was something..... I really hope that souma will win the finals... I really hope though
Aug 6, 2016 8:02 AM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode, Loved every bit of it. The outcome was obvious but it's the execution is what matters and they definitely nailed it here.

Subaru under the reporter guy's table was hilarious. XD

I love how Souma stood upto Subaru's profiling by using everything he's learnt until now to create a dish that only he can make. A simple but effective method to deal Subaru's way of going only one step ahead.

Subaru's flashback was interesting, His father's pride of being unable accept him for surpassing him is what lead him to cook the way he did.

Couldn't help but grin when Souma told Subaru about what being a chef was about. :D
"Even if you've had a soul crushing experience you still have to open shop the next day"
A very Souma-esque way of saying Don't give up, Very nice :)

So Takumi has one more rival now, Would love to see a rematch between Subaru and Takumi.

Ryo vs Hayma hype. :D
Aug 6, 2016 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
I think if they removed the intro, and gave the story 1:30 more for a better introduction of the match, it would be better.
Aug 6, 2016 8:06 AM

Jun 2016
well it was a predictable outcome, but it was still a good episode
Scream!
Aug 6, 2016 8:16 AM

Oct 2013
Lol Takumi's pride is still intact. Yeah, it was of course predictable, but it was still great to see how Souma pulled through. Next episode will be real
Aug 6, 2016 8:32 AM
May 2014
Honestly this was in my top 3 matches of the entire manga and they managed to capture the tension and intimidation extremely well. Even as a manga reader knowing what is going to happen in the end I was surprised by how much the initial half affected me.

The pacing felt perfect in this episode, any slower and it would drag. Honestly this has to be the best episode of the season. Not that big a fan of the next match but hype for the finals.

Also the foodgasm was very detailed. me like.

5/5.
Aug 6, 2016 8:37 AM

May 2015
Another well paced episode! Hopefully this pace stays the same from now on. It was awesome to see Souma beat Subaru with a dish only he could make to combat Subaru's copying skills. Also, the foodgasms were pretty funny this episode. I loved the roller coasters.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 6, 2016 8:38 AM

Jan 2014
that's a very touching moment when Souma return all the knives that has been stolen. it give me chills.

also, I like it when Erina remind Souma to lend her the book. it's cute.
AbyhapeAug 6, 2016 8:41 AM
Aug 6, 2016 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
The outcome was totally predictable, but I still enjoyed the episode. Souma was awesome, and the reactions this times were truly hilarious. Loved specially Dojima's girly running during the Yukihiraland reaction. That dude is hillarious.

Good for Souma for make Mimasaka learn the lesson and make him a better person.

Next episode is Hayam vs Kurokiba. Cannot wait to see how this will end, because neither of them has plot armor compared to Souma.
Aug 6, 2016 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
What is the name of the song in the Mimaska's flashback?
Aug 6, 2016 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
A total victory. Thanks to his experience so far.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Mar 2008
Perhaps Dojima's balancing and the overall less erotic foodgasms helped ground the episode.

Axel_Blaze said:
Even as a manga reader knowing what is going to happen in the end I was surprised by how much the initial half affected me.

The pacing felt perfect in this episode, any slower and it would drag. Honestly this has to be the best episode of the season.

Agreed on all points. I hope they'll be able to keep the momentum into the next matches.
Aug 6, 2016 9:04 AM
Jun 2016
I just can't believe how much emotions this anime give to me, like for real, just amazing and such a joy to watch, true art.
Aug 6, 2016 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
animefan8800 said:
Another well paced episode, good, good. Even if the outcome was obvious I'm glad they gave this match another full episode. And gotta love that Erina/Soma flirting in the end! XD

lol "flirting" XD
Aug 6, 2016 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
He made it! He beats Mimasaka's cooking's ^.^
Now, shall we enjoy the next battle against two greatest chefs from this tournament, let's see what is going to happen next week! <3
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Aug 6, 2016 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Souma won so easily! He beats Mimasaka's cooking!
Aug 6, 2016 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
dadnaya said:
animefan8800 said:

lol "flirting" XD

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE! ;) :P
Aug 6, 2016 9:43 AM

Sep 2013
Souma wins and it was all to the teach Subaru a lesson :'(

Waifu material :O
Aug 6, 2016 10:00 AM

May 2015
We all knew who would win so I'm more hyped for the next match!

Souma looks so pretty when he is being serious.
Aug 6, 2016 10:04 AM

Jun 2014
This was very predictable but still really enjoyable to watch. That YukiheeLand part was so weird but hilarious. Especially seeing Dojima acting all girly, and seeing him and Mimasaka wearing skirts. And that naked Mimasaka pose was priceless.

I'm glad that all the people Mimasaka robbed got their tools back. Looks like he's going to change for the better after this loss. I'm more excited for the next match though. While Souma's match was good, there wasn't that much tension since we all knew he was going to have an ace in the hole in order to win. I like the matches that don't involve Souma, because those can go either way. However, I still have a pretty good idea of who will win this match........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2016 10:13 AM

Sep 2015
eslej said:
I think if they removed the intro, and gave the story 1:30 more for a better introduction of the match, it would be better.
that may be true but still I'm enjoying the op too much to want it to be removed. It gets me into the right Shogugeki mood ._.
Aug 6, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
It was a 6/10 episode
I liked Subaru defeated at last and himself being miserable but why do they need to make everyone lovable in this show...his backstory was heartbreaking to an extent...his father is a sore loser
I can't wait for the next episode...things are really heating up.
My prediction is that the spice king will win.
Aug 6, 2016 10:54 AM

Mar 2011
This episode was excellent as always, waiting for the next
Less suspense than last week.
Aug 6, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2014
The theme park reactions this episode were hilarious
Aug 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2015
Awwwwww, the good boy has been punished
huh? Too bad Souma is not into licking tears.

People, Kaiki Deshu has a competition for best
"grill" and it's this guy

Chill just kidding,hahaha

Man we're almost near at the finals huh,
let's see the Salt Splash at the end of this
arc

Aug 6, 2016 11:13 AM

Nov 2011
Dojima made this ep for me, every theme park segment was way too enjoyable.
Too bad I'm already spoiled for the outcome of the next battle, but still I expect lots of tension.
I wish they would publish the manga in my country so I could read it already (I don't feel like reading online for some reason).
Baby, daijobanai...
Aug 6, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
Nice ep, Mimasaka got what was coming to him! Looking forward to seeing Aldini fight for his knife at some point.

First time I've been unconvinced by Soma's winning dish though, I mean yeah sure we all knew he was the guy who was going to win, but previously I've been convinced by his food, and I've wanted some myself, but this week no matter how much they talked about all the pieces coming into place his stew just didn't do it for me!
Aug 6, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2016
Yukihee Land!!! LOL I love this episode, the way Yukihira teach Mimasaka is great!
Aug 6, 2016 11:27 AM
Aug 2013
I don't know about anyone else but I watch this show because of Megumi. When we were first introduced to her character, she was timid, pitiable, lacked the confidence when challenges and adversity drew near, and consistently placed below average in her classes. But gradually, she grew. Her culinary skills improved slowly, and she was able to discover a style unique to her background. (And her boobs are more realistic and follow, more or less, the laws of physics)

Yukihara's cooking is, by all means, fantastic - I mean, orgasmic. My protest however, is that a character, he isn't very dynamic. The Yukihara that preserved his family restaurant in the first episode of season 1 and the Yukihara, vanquisher of Mimasaka Subaru, are really, not that much different. Even if he has changed, as the audience, it's hard to "feel" (for lack of a better word) that he is, in fact, changing because he doesn't lose (except for that 1 time he placed second?). He's invincible. Basically... So far... I do appreciate his interactions with Megumi as he is normally the one facilitating her growth, besides her family and hometown friends.
Aug 6, 2016 11:28 AM

Oct 2013
lets remember today forever!!!!!
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Aug 6, 2016 11:29 AM
Apr 2014
I was waiting the whole time for Souma to say he didn't improvise. Especially after Mimasaka was talking about it the entire time like he figured him out. It was even more satisfying than I imagined :D

And obviously Takumi wouldn't take his knife. He and his fucking pride >.> Well. Still better than it being with the other guy.

Next round should be more interesting though. I mean Souma would never lose with a bet like that (the story had to stop if he gave up being a cook). The next match on the other hand is kinda random even though I expect the spice-guy to win because Souma still has to beat him after the result of the qualification rounds.
Aug 6, 2016 11:32 AM

Dec 2011
Another good episode.Well it was a well executed episode and wanted to see Yukihraland in anime.Anyway next episode will be amazing and ends with a twist if the battle ends..
Aug 6, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2014
That Soma clown was very annoying I felt. His face and also his laughter
Aug 6, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2015
wasn't very interested in the second season so far, but this episode was quite good.

-> more souma, less boring side characters

Aug 6, 2016 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Flawless victory! Well done boy.

Does Erina have any purpose in this story except being an eventual "final boss" for him to beat? She's a character utterly devoid of any grace or charm. Not even her pleasant character design can help her in my estimation.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 6, 2016 11:53 AM

Nov 2014
Really good episode. Yukihee land!
Really excited to see him catch up to Erina

Hi there
Aug 6, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2016
That was good. Soma put Subaru in his place!

I love when Erina acts arrogant. XD

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Aug 6, 2016 12:53 PM
Sep 2012
I've been waiting for this. To see Doujima in a skirt animated. And I wasn't disappointed. 10/10
Aug 6, 2016 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
I really really like the sportsmanship in this episode so much.
DAT meat tho, quality and such things don't even matter to me. the only thing that it matter to me is that, that meat from both sides looked freaking delicious AF xD

Yukihee land!.....i will try to visit it sometimes....it looks interesting enough...

next episode, "Beast Devouring Each Other!!!"
LOOK AT THAT TITLE!!! damn i can't wait to see it.

there is no one other than him who should get categorized as the "best character" from this series
Aug 6, 2016 1:34 PM

Sep 2010
Yukihee Land was another welcome addition to the crazy reactions!

I'm glad Yukihira was a good sport after winning against Mimasaka. That guy was just misguided in the past.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Aug 6, 2016 1:51 PM

Dec 2011
Farabeuf said:

Does Erina have any purpose in this story except being an eventual "final boss" for him to beat? She's a character utterly devoid of any grace or charm. Not even her pleasant character design can help her in my estimation.

Not spoiling anything but she will have lots of development if a season 3 happens.Currently in the manga, she is like someone else.
Aug 6, 2016 1:55 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, I want to go to Yukihee land :)
That next episode will be so good, I honestly can't wait. Soma said some nice things.

4/5
"Please call me... The Ultimate Hope."
Aug 6, 2016 2:04 PM

Aug 2013
Yukiheeland was sooo much better animated, it was so damn funny especially with Dojima.

Subaru's face when creeping under the computer desk was great. XD
Shradow115Aug 6, 2016 2:11 PM
Aug 6, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2014
Great episode! Justice was served to Subaru in the form of delicious beef stew.
Aug 6, 2016 2:29 PM
Feb 2016
I don't have much to say, except - Souma wins!!!

Nakiri Erina's feelings for Souma are getting stronger and stronger with each episode, her tsundere front is about to break real soon.
Aug 6, 2016 2:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
kaitonic said:
Farabeuf said:

Not spoiling anything but she will have lots of development if a season 3 happens.Currently in the manga, she is like someone else.

It will be rather interesting to see that transformation then. Thanks for the info.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.