Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2016 10:16 PM

Apr 2010
Karmafan56 said:
Anyone have any idea who or what Tanaka really is?

Probably gender bent Leonardo Da Vinci. Did you not see that wall artwork?
Aug 4, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2015
Fai said:
Perfect episode so far.[..] silverlink REALLY knows how to create tension. Methinks Ufo needs to learn from them about that.

A single viewers feelings, which in this case depends on ones biases, preferences, from an episode or scene doesn't demonstrate a studios talents or lack thereof. Especially when it comes to something vague as "tension".

And speaking of "perfect", Fai thought UBW was perfect adaptation for most of the first season, until "too much spotlight for saber".

I think it's kinda ironic, that he can't praise Prillya or Silver Link without mentioning Ufotable...

FrozenkexAug 4, 2016 10:35 PM
Aug 5, 2016 12:16 AM

Aug 2010
antonn said:
Karmafan56 said:
Anyone have any idea who or what Tanaka really is?

Probably gender bent Leonardo Da Vinci. Did you not see that wall artwork?

Please stop this insulting degradation of respected historical figures.
Aug 5, 2016 1:07 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CC9ers said:
A slower episode before the action really picks up. Cannot wait for the

This and the next arc are pretty much what we're looking for from 3rei at this point.

Speak for yourself. What is being adapted now is just as good as what is coming. The build up is what makes 3rei so good. WE had lots of action in 2wei and we had fate shows(worse ones) before, but 3rei is the first animated material that so far lets one to soak in atmosphere and set up.
AhenshihaelAug 5, 2016 1:26 AM
Aug 5, 2016 2:16 AM
Oct 2011
Sigh. we really needed a complete and faithful 5 minutes adaptation of the whole horrible, horrible Erica sketch? When we had no time for the dialogue that they cut in the all the past episodes? Oh, well.
Aug 5, 2016 2:45 AM

Sep 2011
grymdylan said:
Gotta love that royalty free alarm sound effect.

No joke, that alarm sound is my wakeup alarm in the morning.
Aug 5, 2016 7:57 AM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

This and the next arc are pretty much what we're looking for from 3rei at this point.

Speak for yourself. What is being adapted now is just as good as what is coming. The build up is what makes 3rei so good. WE had lots of action in 2wei and we had fate shows(worse ones) before, but 3rei is the first animated material that so far lets one to soak in atmosphere and set up.

The build up is great, but

So yeah, the first few chapters, the crater battle chapters and the last arc are the things i'm looking forward to the most in 3rei's anime.
Aug 5, 2016 12:12 PM
Jul 2016
^ What Astro said was true for the most part and believe it or not or how much you love Illya, most of the Type-Moon fanbase didn't view this series as a true Fate series at all before Gil appeared. You can just see the rating and the sales and it spoke true for the most part. Deny it as much as you wanted but Gil, Kirei and
are the 3 factors that kept the series going. You can see for yourself the rating and sales boost at the beginning of Drei when Kirei and Gil involved but then got down a little bit and then chapter 23 and onward boost the manga sales

Chapter 23 was when the author got REALLY serious about making Illya became a proper Type-Moon product and seriously trying to surpass FSN and F/Z and it actually showed that he went with a bang. He deserved the respect since that very chapter. Agree or disagree was up to you, Fai but this is a reality here. For the longest time, this series was viewed as a major cashcow for Illya's popularity in FSN but now the real cashcow was the holy trinity that I mentioned above.
Aug 5, 2016 7:09 PM
Sep 2014
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
grymdylan said:
Gotta love that royalty free alarm sound effect.

No joke, that alarm sound is my wakeup alarm in the morning.

*alarm blares*

Darius: "Oh sorry, that's my phone..."
Aug 5, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
what a noisy episode especially Illya, Tanaka & the new blonde loli.
Damn! the main enemy leader on frontlines! next episode would definitely escalate quickly!
4/5.

Aug 6, 2016 12:40 AM

Sep 2015
I never thought I'd like Tanaka that much when I first saw her, she's hilarious ! I already like Darius too, he looks good as an antagonist and his VA is great

"Illya Onee-chan" scene was priceless tho, gotta keep a screenshot of her reaction !
Aug 6, 2016 3:37 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Fai said:

So yeah, the first few chapters, the crater battle chapters and the last arc are the things i'm looking forward to the most in 3rei's anime.

Why? Those chapters were freaking amazing and some of the best of 3rei in terms of how it was presented.

Fate is not about fights. I am so freaking tired at people hyping up the fights and stuff. Thoughts like that are what made the travesties like ufoubw happen. What is coming is nothing different from what we already have. The only thing different from 2wei about 3rei is VERY WELL BUILT UP atmosphere and tense setting as a lot of what was built up is slowly coming into play.
The good thing about 3rei is that literally every single chapter in it is equal in value and there are no downsides.
. The whole nonsense going on reminds me of the idiocy of claiming that HF is "the only true good FSN where stuff gets good" as if the whole FSN since fate was not as good already.

It literally rings the same as childish "My dad can beat up your dad, he is a boxer, so I am cooler than you!" or "Punisher is best story because he is so edgy and BADASS!" children arguments

Case in point:
zhaoyun99 said:

Chapter 23 was when the author got REALLY serious about making Illya became a proper Type-Moon product

Prillya has been proper type moon project since 2wei already. That's just your pointless hype talking.

What is or is not a "proper" type moon product is not defined by action or the mainstream understanding of badassery. If that was the case then stuff like gurren lagann would be the most nasuverse thing ever. You could have a whole work of just two characters talking and it could still be a type moon work if it fits the atmosphere and lore well enough.

What defines type moon works(proper ones) is philosophical depth, good and complex lore, psychological elements, strong atmosphere and actual substance. What we have of 3rei to this point already has all of that
AhenshihaelAug 6, 2016 3:54 AM
Aug 6, 2016 6:36 AM
Jul 2016
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

Why? Those chapters were freaking amazing and some of the best of 3rei in terms of how it was presented.

Fate is not about fights. I am so freaking tired at people hyping up the fights and stuff. Thoughts like that are what made the travesties like ufoubw happen. What is coming is nothing different from what we already have. The only thing different from 2wei about 3rei is VERY WELL BUILT UP atmosphere and tense setting as a lot of what was built up is slowly coming into play.
The good thing about 3rei is that literally every single chapter in it is equal in value and there are no downsides.
. The whole nonsense going on reminds me of the idiocy of claiming that HF is "the only true good FSN where stuff gets good" as if the whole FSN since fate was not as good already.

It literally rings the same as childish "My dad can beat up your dad, he is a boxer, so I am cooler than you!" or "Punisher is best story because he is so edgy and BADASS!" children arguments

Case in point:
zhaoyun99 said:

Chapter 23 was when the author got REALLY serious about making Illya became a proper Type-Moon product

Prillya has been proper type moon project since 2wei already. That's just your pointless hype talking.

What is or is not a "proper" type moon product is not defined by action or the mainstream understanding of badassery. If that was the case then stuff like gurren lagann would be the most nasuverse thing ever. You could have a whole work of just two characters talking and it could still be a type moon work if it fits the atmosphere and lore well enough.

What defines type moon works(proper ones) is philosophical depth, good and complex lore, psychological elements, strong atmosphere and actual substance. What we have of 3rei to this point already has all of that

Yeah, you can say all of those s*** you want but the reception said otherwise. Stop and be more realistic instead of being fanboyism for a second. It was Gil, Kirei and Miyuverse Shirou that made this series popular begin. You can write down 10 essays how you personally think Illya's part was brilliant but the true cashcow, rating and sales said otherwise. You can reply to me all you want but facts remain unchanged.
Aug 6, 2016 11:14 AM
Oct 2011
Thre problem is that Erica is a terrible, terrible character, Tanaka bacfkstory is a nonsensical mess, at least for now, and this episode was 30% Erica, 30% Tanaka, and 30% fanservice :/
You can save just the 10% of Darius introduction.
Aug 12, 2016 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
Fanservice episode, well, I almost thought they won't do a one. Fanservice felt a little bit forced though.
But really Tanaka has such huge rack, almost like Leysritt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, and Erica Ainsworth (didn't like her much) and her father, I wonder what happens next (and the question is where Gil went).
Sep 12, 2016 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
I thought he was exaggerating the PV with fanservice, all you want is played more on comedy, but the surprises are not missed even though it was foreseeable the identity of certain individuals. Pretty good animations and drawings. Excellent soundtrack. Tanaka is becoming one of my favorite characters. :D
Nov 2, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
She should have slept together with Tanaka, since she's nice and toasty, how she puts it.

Illya and Co. doing a comedy routine was funny as usual.

She was promoted from Onee-chan to Grandma.

Then Erica turned her Onee-chan switch and she acted as an Onee-chan for Tanaka and Erica.

Main douche appears, next episode will be intense. Judging from the preview, he's a total creep.
TheBigGuyNov 2, 2016 5:39 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 22, 2017 6:36 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Don't really like Erica. Especially trying to act "lady like" despite being kid as hell.
Apr 18, 2018 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
Illya is way too fast with trusting others, especially in that hostile environment. No wonder Tanaka didn't like Erika since she's an Ainsworth :o
Sep 11, 2018 12:26 PM
May 2017
It was predictable that Erika and Darius were the enemies.
May 3, 2019 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
Illya-oneechan?
Tanaka survived the fall.
Talking butt?
Pantsu! Ike, Ruby!
Erika.
Tanaka bite.
LAWD JESUS! BAZETT BODY! Dat oppai!
Dat kiss.
Tanaka under oppai.
Papa is here.
Sapphire.
Darius!
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 22, 2019 6:38 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, Tanaka is the perfect enemy for Saitama.

Darius looks like poor Tokiomi.

So the only 1 who's not affected by the cold is Tanaka.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Oct 8, 2020 4:07 AM

Oct 2007
luxurious bath from Gate of Babylon. How convenient.

Tanaka looks like she's indestructible.

Illya likes being called oneechan.

Only thing I did not like is the writer has showed off their piss fetish.. seriously.. there should be a limit to jokes.
Dec 19, 2020 12:51 AM

Feb 2019
That guy is the big boss!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Dec 22, 2020 11:16 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was pretty mediocre. I vastly prefer the old cast. Darius looks like the dad from yotsuba.
Josuke99Dec 22, 2020 11:19 PM
Jul 14, 2022 9:22 AM
Mar 2019
This was a Funny episode with a lot of misunderstandings.
Why is Illya so Gullible as to let her guard down when she was already warned??
You could see it coming a mile away.
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
Jul 2023
Guess i was wrong about this season's ability to have filler content.
- Mostly just naked loli filler
- A new girl enters
- Her father is the Einsworth leader?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.