Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2016 2:50 AM

Jul 2012
Is anyone else bothered by how sexualized Daigo's sister is? She's underaged and in chapter 21, her own brother sees her naked. Like is that supposed to be appropriate? It's not an incest series so stop putting that as fanservice. Fuck it.

It's things like this that make me want to completely stop typesetting/scanlating Major 2nd.

Out of all the (male-team-orientated) baseball series, this is the first time I've seen this kind of abuse in fanservice.
Aug 19, 2016 7:02 AM

Aug 2015
As far as I observed while reading the manga itself... Any of those fanservice-y stuff from Izumi is REALLY UNNECESSARY to begin with. It does not really add substance to the story anyway nor it will affect anything if that was removed... and that was the only thing that disappointed me by far. Sakura as Kaoru (possibly because of Kenta Mayumura's sister [possibly Major's Akane]) without a sibling, Daigo as Goro with a sibling, Hikaru as Toshiya without a sibling... Daigo and Hikaru as the catcher and the pitcher... Daigo's situation is similar to that first son of the Shigeno family (as Goro isn't blood-related to any of his family)... Goro Shigeno is now Joe Gibson who was currently hiding in the shadows during the introductory parts of the series, yet he helped his son to grow loving baseball (because Daigo seemed to like baseball too, just lacking the motivation to do so because he has no reason to do so, unlike Goro who begins playing baseball because of Joe Gibson).

Oct 13, 2016 1:33 PM

Apr 2011
Mayuka said:
Is anyone else bothered by how sexualized Daigo's sister is? She's underaged and in chapter 21, her own brother sees her naked. Like is that supposed to be appropriate? It's not an incest series so stop putting that as fanservice. Fuck it.

It's things like this that make me want to completely stop typesetting/scanlating Major 2nd.

Out of all the (male-team-orientated) baseball series, this is the first time I've seen this kind of abuse in fanservice.

Isn't he like 10 years old ? I don't think he cares if he sees girl naked at this age lol
Oct 13, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Isn't he like 10 years old ? I don't think he cares if he sees girl naked at this age lol
that doesn't take away the fact that she's being sexualized
Dec 4, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2015
This bothered me as well. When I started reading it I was surprised to see this and it just left me wondering why the author/editor decided this was for the best. Most of the time it's completely random and doesn't add to anything in the story. It's been a while since I read a new chapter because the translation is posted irregularly but I got to say I hope the fanservice does cease to exist.
Dec 27, 2017 5:18 PM
Aug 2012
That sucks...

One of the things I loved about Major is the absence of unnecessary fanservice. And children sexualization fanservice is the worst, it should be a crime...

I think I will stick with the original Major and skip Major 2nd.
Dec 27, 2017 5:57 PM

Sep 2009
Can't blame Japan for being Japan.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 23, 2018 6:06 AM
Sep 2016
I'm loving it, this author can draw some very cute girls, i like them all and i appreciate every little bit of fanservice i was given; it also helps other authors to come up with nice doujinshi

getting into anime/manga and beign unconfortable with sexualised representations of children is kind of like becoming a doctor and beign afraid of blood, sure you can avoid it by watching only series tagged "family" or "kids" but you will find it everywhere else, and if you really hate it maybe anime/manga is not for you.
Nov 28, 2019 8:36 PM

Aug 2016
Cedulet1 said:
I'm loving it, this author can draw some very cute girls, i like them all and i appreciate every little bit of fanservice i was given; it also helps other authors to come up with nice doujinshi

getting into anime/manga and beign unconfortable with sexualised representations of children is kind of like becoming a doctor and beign afraid of blood, sure you can avoid it by watching only series tagged "family" or "kids" but you will find it everywhere else, and if you really hate it maybe anime/manga is not for you.

*THIS*

Y'all just need to stop bitching about fanservice and such, this Anime/Manga is not your safespace.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major 2nd Chapter 264 Discussion

Jsar0 - Oct 2, 2023

0 by Jsar0 »»
Oct 2, 2023 6:35 PM

» Could someone translate Major 2nd?

byskay - Nov 23, 2017

5 by Lylaaz »»
Nov 13, 2022 2:57 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Chapter 190 Discussion

Aikotoba - Dec 26, 2020

1 by Comrade_Icez »»
Apr 12, 2021 8:11 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Chapter 189 Discussion

Aikotoba - Dec 26, 2020

0 by Aikotoba »»
Dec 26, 2020 1:51 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Chapter 188 Discussion

Aikotoba - Dec 26, 2020

0 by Aikotoba »»
Dec 26, 2020 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.