Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2016 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
On a semi-ulternate world. In the year 20something the countries have entered in a full out war with each one fighting each other. Though out all this one country [yet to be named] has refused to join the war and stay neutral, suddenly they hear word that the countries have decided to use nuclear weapons and another one is considering using a zombie virus, the nameless country has had enough and has decide to wall of their borders and denies anyone who wants to exit or enter.
The country has realized that it itself would fall into havoc/corruption so their people were also given the choice to freeze themselves to wait until the war is over and join the winner (if there even is one) or keep living. With this half of the population has decided to freeze themselves while the other half keeps living, a thing the governments country noticed is that the population that still lives is mostly dangerous people. We then go into two government.... men whose jobs are to maintain control of this isolated society..
ONE thing I wanna make clear is that this isnt like one of those umm...... like AOT where we see this sorta corrupte world and humanity at its worst, I want it to be this world where we see the people like umm..... well I cant think of any example (Zootopia, futurama maybe?)
Also in account with the virus stuff being a stupid idea its meant to be like that cuz its not meaning to a serious story, its also slighty comidic, so Ill ask again:

Are you interested in this story?
(Also Id like to hear what kind of possibilities it has)

Im not bad at english Im just a horrible speller
Aug 3, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2013
It kinda confused me about stuff like if you plan it to be about those who live in the "present" of the story's timeline or those who choosen to be frozen and and it's about their life in the future after that war?

As for the background, I personally would recomment to use an alternative world, at least country-wise, to avoid political and whatever arguments. Tech-wise is can be like our world, that's fine.
Also, I don't really get the stuff like everyone vs. everyone, and nukes and viruses and whatnot. Strategically... what's the point of it? It couldn't even work like some "battle royale" since viruses could infect everyone including the creator country, nukes as well can hurt them too, such as area demage as well as wind carries the nuclear dust back, at them too. Plus, if the purpose of war is to get lands, they wouldn't like to infect it with radiation, virues and whatever because then what's the point of capuring it? Or what would be the purpose of said war? And countries wouldn't likely do "battle royal" anyway, but rather create alliance systems and you would have 2 or more bigger alliances, and get a world war like wwI and wwII were like. (IMO)

You say you not mean it to be a serious story... what kind of story it would be? Having it as a lighthearted comedy with a worldwar in the background sounds kinda... don't know...
Aug 3, 2016 10:19 PM

Jan 2015
Sora_92 said:
You say you not mean it to be a serious story... what kind of story it would be? Having it as a lighthearted comedy with a worldwar in the background sounds kinda... don't know...
Have you seen Gintama?
Aug 4, 2016 3:28 AM

May 2013
Wiziliz said:
Sora_92 said:
Have you seen Gintama?

No, not seen it. (A classmate showed me one episode though, but you can't really get what the show is about in one ep, I guess - it was kinda funny, and lighthearted, but it not seemed like if there would be a war.) Does it fits the description of "lighthearted comedy with worldwar in the background"?
Side note: if I look at lightcha's anime list, based on that, he also didn't seen it.
Aug 4, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2015
Sora_92 said:
Does it fits the description of "lighthearted comedy with worldwar in the background"?
There was a war in the past.

There's still dark stuff happening.

But most of the time it's comedy.

It's hard to explain as it can go from comedic to serious whenever it wants to.
Aug 4, 2016 5:03 AM

May 2013
Wiziliz said:

I see. Thank you for explaining it.

Though still, even if there are anime that fits the description, it still doesn't sounds like something you see that often.
- Plus a war fought with modern weapons, especally if has nukes and chemical weapons too, I would think is very-very different than those "old style" wars fought with swords and arrows and the like. A lot of fantasy has some swordfights, but that still could fit into a relatively lighthearted atmosphere story otherwise. With nukes... that's more difficult to imagine. Although I guess probably that would be possible too.
Aug 4, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2015
Sora_92 said:
Wiziliz said:

I see. Thank you for explaining it.

Though still, even if there are anime that fits the description, it still doesn't sounds like something you see that often.
- Plus a war fought with modern weapons, especally if has nukes and chemical weapons too, I would think is very-very different than those "old style" wars fought with swords and arrows and the like. A lot of fantasy has some swordfights, but that still could fit into a relatively lighthearted atmosphere story otherwise. With nukes... that's more difficult to imagine. Although I guess probably that would be possible too.
Yeah, sounds very interesting and I'd certainly read it when its posted online. I'm currently working on an isekai novel.

Also, this isn't too important but not all the weapons in Gintama are like bows and swords, you've also got stuff like:
Aug 4, 2016 6:15 AM

May 2013
Wiziliz said:

Yeah. Though I have a feeling the idea will still change a bit or a lot until it will be a novel posted online we could read.
Isekai novel? Like MC got sent to another world? I would be kinda interested checking your story too.

Oh. Cool. I guess it would be a bit because parody or something isn't it? Like it's relatively common in parody to have all sort of stuff that looks unusual in the setting, without anything serious - I mean, regarding how said thing appeared there. in a parody probably no one would wonder about why did aliens/mecha/ninjas/dragons whatever appeared just out of the blue.
Aug 4, 2016 6:22 AM

Jan 2015
Sora_92 said:
Wiziliz said:

Yeah. Though I have a feeling the idea will still change a bit or a lot until it will be a novel posted online we could read.
Isekai novel? Like MC got sent to another world? I would be kinda interested checking your story too.

Oh. Cool. I guess it would be a bit because parody or something isn't it? Like it's relatively common in parody to have all sort of stuff that looks unusual in the setting, without anything serious - I mean, regarding how said thing appeared there. in a parody probably no one would wonder about why did aliens/mecha/ninjas/dragons whatever appeared just out of the blue.
Yeah, Gintama loves its parodies.

I'm just trying to think of ways to make my story interesting, I want it to have a story like NGNL but be a comedy more of the time like KonoSuba. One of the things I decided is that the main character won't only exist in the fantasy world, instead, he'd go back and forth the two worlds at random, if that makes sense.
Aug 4, 2016 6:32 AM

May 2013
Wiziliz said:

Ooh, Koro-sensei XD

We could talk about your story too, I would be curious about it and wouldn't mind help brainstorming new ideas if you would need a little help. I also wouldn't mind help with stories I'm writing, although right now I kinda put them on-hold (due to being stuck with the sories at places and have no good ideas how to write those parts) and would like to try writing something new for now. But I don't really have any good ideas. However let's do that in profile comments instead, I don't want to derail the topic here even more.
Aug 4, 2016 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
Sora_92 said:
It kinda confused me about stuff like if you plan it to be about those who live in the "present" of the story's timeline or those who choosen to be frozen and and it's about their life in the future after that war?

As for the background, I personally would recomment to use an alternative world, at least country-wise, to avoid political and whatever arguments. Tech-wise is can be like our world, that's fine.
Also, I don't really get the stuff like everyone vs. everyone, and nukes and viruses and whatnot. Strategically... what's the point of it? It couldn't even work like some "battle royale" since viruses could infect everyone including the creator country, nukes as well can hurt them too, such as area demage as well as wind carries the nuclear dust back, at them too. Plus, if the purpose of war is to get lands, they wouldn't like to infect it with radiation, virues and whatever because then what's the point of capuring it? Or what would be the purpose of said war? And countries wouldn't likely do "battle royal" anyway, but rather create alliance systems and you would have 2 or more bigger alliances, and get a world war like wwI and wwII were like. (IMO)

Yes I have intention of making it a comedy, the war is not meant to be focused on, kinda like whats happeninng now there in their own world while war is happening else where. The war stragities sound stupid and thats kinda the intent,
to have this comedy but at the same time building a sorta world like futurama(I mention that cuz i cant think of any other examples) or guardians of the Galaxy where it has this a weird set-up but it embraces it. Also seeing how these people are living their lives in a comedy sorta sense

Im not bad at english Im just a horrible speller
Aug 4, 2016 9:47 AM

May 2013
lightcha said:
Yes I have intention of making it a comedy, the war is not meant to be focused on, kinda like whats happeninng now there in their own world while war is happening else where. The war stragities sound stupid and thats kinda the intent,
to have this comedy but at the same time building a sorta world like futurama(I mention that cuz i cant think of any other examples) or guardians of the Galaxy where it has this a weird set-up but it embraces it. Also seeing how these people are living their lives in a comedy sorta sense

I didn't seen Futurama or Guardians of the Galaxy, so sadly these examples not very helpful to me in imagining what exactly you plan to do - but I guess others might know it.

Hmm... you said it would happen in a country neutral in the war, so then what's the point of the war itself? - it could make an interesting background, but... in case if it's a worldwar, and with stuff like nukes and virueses and whatnot... - then again, consider nucleary radiating dust carried by the wind, and viruses don't care about if they're neutral and won't care about borders and politics, but infest them too.
If it's a war like the world wars were, with weapons the effect won't affect others further (for example having a tank battle or something hundreds of kilometers away wouldn't affect you much, if at all, you could easily ignore and stay neutral as long as everyone agrees with it, but ignoring a nuclear attack at such distance... well, dunno), then I could imagine better. All right, you said something like "decided to use nukes/viruses" not that they already used them, so they might actually won't but still - that would mean some pressure. Not to mention in a word war, staying neutral would need not only that said country would like to stay neutral, but that too, that no one wants to attack/capture them. That could be either that it's a land where is nothing it would worth attacking it for, or stuff like said neutral country is actually powerful (like they have a huge army on their own, just in case they would got attacked), or just generally no one wants to capture it.

So, I guess it could be a comedy with war happen somewhere far away, but if it's a serious and brutal war, with said modern weaponry that would affect huge areas, I just don't know... Or, then caid somedy would/could be of black-humor - "look! they got infected too, how funny! XD" depends on people and writing, some like dark humor too. I'm personally not a fan of it, but in rare cases it can be funny if written well. Monty Python and the Holy Grail...?
But depends on what you said, I assume you planned normal lighthearted comedy and not dark humor. Right?

Sorry, I'm a tiny bit confused.
Dec 1, 2016 5:18 PM

Aug 2016
lightcha said:
On a semi-ulternate world. In the year 20something the countries have entered in a full out war with each one fighting each other. Though out all this one country [yet to be named] has refused to join the war and stay neutral, suddenly they hear word that the countries have decided to use nuclear weapons and another one is considering using a zombie virus, the nameless country has had enough and has decide to wall of their borders and denies anyone who wants to exit or enter.
The country has realized that it itself would fall into havoc/corruption so their people were also given the choice to freeze themselves to wait until the war is over and join the winner (if there even is one) or keep living. With this half of the population has decided to freeze themselves while the other half keeps living, a thing the governments country noticed is that the population that still lives is mostly dangerous people. We then go into two government.... men whose jobs are to maintain control of this isolated society..
ONE thing I wanna make clear is that this isnt like one of those umm...... like AOT where we see this sorta corrupte world and humanity at its worst, I want it to be this world where we see the people like umm..... well I cant think of any example (Zootopia, futurama maybe?)
Also in account with the virus stuff being a stupid idea its meant to be like that cuz its not meaning to a serious story, its also slighty comidic, so Ill ask again:

Are you interested in this story?
(Also Id like to hear what kind of possibilities it has)

No, overly complicated.

And way too much going on for a comedy. You've get stuff going on anywhere.

More topics from this board

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
1 hour ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 12 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
10 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
11 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.