Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2016 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
Do you ever feel afraid of expressing who you really are?
Stop calling me your bunny I won't hop and you don't own me
Aug 2, 2016 4:12 PM

May 2015
All the time...that's why you gotta keep it a secret and learn how to put up a poker face. -_-
Aug 2, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2015
I'm very self expressive of my identity as a plastic bag.
Aug 2, 2016 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone at some point or another has felt this way, including myself. I've found that age really helped me break out of my shell. I feel, in some ways that much of my teen years were kind of wasted because I had no real personality or identity of my own. Always formed role models in order to feel more important. Fortunately, this fell off me with age, and I no longer really have issues with self-identification anymore.

But here's the funny part (or should I say, the less 'expected' part) it was reading (mostly manga) that helped me develop an identity or the ability to express who I really am from inside. I learned how people behave and act through repeatedly reading and watching manga/anime, and as I began getting more informed with how everything works based on personality, and the social aspect of these chapters, it's like my personality just activated inside of me.

Doesn't come over night. I'm assuming you are in your teen years if you are still experiencing this? It really does get easier. Just keep reading and learning, it will help your personality activate more brightly.
Aug 2, 2016 4:38 PM

Apr 2013
You mean drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?

Yeah man, only all the time.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 2, 2016 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
ModeratelyHuman said:
I'm very self expressive of my identity as a plastic bag.

Wow dood was it you I saw in the landfill the other day? I drifted through there a few weeks ago but Ive been stuck in an abandon building for months now.
Aug 2, 2016 5:29 PM

Mar 2013
iSheep said:
I feel so paper thin. Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in.
Aug 2, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2012
html said:
iSheep said:

Do you ever feel already buried deep six feet under? Screams but no one seems to hear a thing?
Aug 2, 2016 5:33 PM

Mar 2013
Basude said:
html said:
Do you ever feel already buried deep six feet under? Screams but no one seems to hear a thing?
Do you know that there's still a chance for you 'cause there's a spark in you?
Aug 2, 2016 5:41 PM

Jan 2012
html said:
Basude said:

Meh. I just gotta ignite and let it shine. Just own the night like the 4th of July!
Aug 2, 2016 5:46 PM

Jun 2015
I'd rather not express myself fully. I'm a total douche inside.
Aug 2, 2016 5:49 PM

Dec 2015
Did you just recently watch American Beauty?

Aug 2, 2016 6:11 PM

Aug 2015
I got tired of expressing who i really am. I wore my heart on my sleeve for all to see all of my life. It just does not work anymore. Other people seem to be not worthy enough to see me as i am. Their ego's continually want to use my honesty and vulnerabilities for their own benefit, at the cost of true life meetings.

I rarely express myself to people these days, maybe I let snippetts out to some I trust.

I used to meet people the same as myself every now and then, you meet someone else who's ego does not need bolstering, and it truly is a great thing, but that is almost non-existent these days.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Aug 2, 2016 7:02 PM

Aug 2015
Basude said:
html said:

Meh. I just gotta ignite and let it shine. Just own the night like the 4th of July!

This is the only good thread in CD imo
Aug 2, 2016 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
iSheep said:

beat me to it lmao

To get back on topic, I never feel like this. I'm a pretty confident person and quite the fan of who I am. If you don't think I'm awesome, oh well.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Aug 2, 2016 7:28 PM

Apr 2013
html said:
Basude said:

Yeah, man. You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine. Just own the night, like the 4th of July.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 2, 2016 7:32 PM

Apr 2013
TheArchangels said:
iSheep said:

beat me to it lmao

To get back on topic, I never feel like this. I'm a pretty confident person and quite the fan of who I am. If you don't think I'm awesome, oh well.

LOL I'll answer seriously now too.

I've been trying to find ways to increase my confidence. If I could be more confident than I currently am then I'm sure it'll be easier to express myself as well. Right now I could only be half-hearted about it, seeing that it's easy to appear cool by just being a car guy.
Aug 2, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2016
MichaelMyers-San said:
Do you ever feel afraid of expressing who you really are?

Yes. I have a lot of quirks about me to say the least. Society doesnt accept people like me very well so it's hard to just "be myself".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2016 7:35 PM

Aug 2014
"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?'

I think that just might be the drugs.
Aug 2, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2015
Basude said:
html said:

Ofc I get the best part
CAUSE BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK!!
Aug 2, 2016 10:46 PM

Jan 2015
Dimethylanime said:
Basude said:

Ofc I get the best part
CAUSE BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK!!

TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR

HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU ARE
Aug 2, 2016 10:58 PM

Apr 2015
Sometimes I feel like putting a plastic bag over my head.
My waifu, do not steal.
Aug 3, 2016 12:35 AM

May 2013
no... ...i feel much more like a leaf :) . .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... . . . . . . . .
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Aug 3, 2016 1:44 AM

Sep 2014
i sexually identify as a @codephat and i am proud of it
Aug 3, 2016 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
Yes, I am a ham sandwich. So? I don't see any problem. I embraced my whole wheat soul long ago and I am happy together with my girlfriend (who is a cute pastrami on rye!). We have a lot of friends in and outside of the foodom (food kingdom) and I am pretty low fat and good looking. But thanks anyway. Go and watch your unintelligent anime while I spread mustard on my girlfriend.
Aug 3, 2016 1:16 PM

Apr 2016
Op, do you ever feel already buried deep? Six feet under and no one seems to hear a thing? But did you know that theres, theres a spark in you

Aug 3, 2016 3:09 PM

May 2015
I often feel fly like a G-6 and like P. Diddy.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 3, 2016 3:58 PM

Sep 2007
No, because Katy Perry says I'm a firework. ^_^

Aug 3, 2016 4:58 PM

Nov 2012
I sexually identify as a trash can, not a plastic bag, but close I guess.

Aug 3, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2013
The problem is I still have no clue who I am supposed to be. Usually a person if defined going through life by how they take on and react/shape their reality. As I spend every day locked away and never interact with life I don't really know what type of person I am.

Just how strong is self, if you stop believing you exist do you stop existing. What is reality are we real or is just our perception, can we be a mind without a body, maybe we're just simulations all alone and everyone around us is fake, maybe we're fake thinking we're real.

I once went so crazy and isolated I started thinking I was going to disappear, staring at my hands expecting them to fade like dust in the wind.
SpooksAug 3, 2016 6:11 PM
Aug 3, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
I'm a big plastic bag full of insecure shite, so yes.

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Aug 3, 2016 7:59 PM

May 2009
How is that like a plastic bag?
Aug 3, 2016 8:22 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yeah, at work. Upon hiring me, my boss and other coworkers hinted that she liked that I put I was bright and friendly (on a good day) because I had read reviews saying that a lot of the workers had bad attitudes.

With that, I approached my job as if it was my first acting gig; my work persona is one of the sweetest people with a high-pitched voice you'll ever meet. And then there's my account on pretty much every website I go on... which sometimes says otherwise, or at least takes away some of the innocence that others think I have.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 3, 2016 9:26 PM

Oct 2011
Yeah, I can only truly express myself when I'm wearing the mask of anonymity.
Aug 3, 2016 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Nah cause I know who I am...But the question is who are you?
Aug 3, 2016 11:11 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, I just drift away on a lake, waiting for a turtle to choke
Aug 4, 2016 4:21 AM
May 2009
Aug 4, 2016 5:19 AM

Oct 2010
I don't really feel like that is something I have a problem with, no.
I feel pretty comfortable being myself around others.
Aug 4, 2016 5:46 AM

Feb 2016
I feel like a plastic bag all the time when I'm asphyxiating someone.
Aug 4, 2016 5:51 AM

Jun 2016
Yes, I have a tendency to make exasperating noises when touched even a little bit and my primary function is getting food put into me.

Jokes aside, nah, I'm proud of and passionate about the things I do so I have no trouble in expressing myself, I gladly share them with people who are interested in the stuff I do.
Aug 4, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?"
Basically everyone who has a man bun.

Jokes aside, when I was a kid all I wanted was to be "one of the boys". Grew up without a sister so I mostly hang out with my brothers and their friends. But my Mom didn't liked it. She wanted me to dress like a girl and be pretty and stuff. We used to fight all the time about it.

I don't have troubles expressing who I am right now in front of my family. They love me just the way I am. Or they just don't bother anymore because I don't listen anyway.

Forum set by: DeadlyBasan
Aug 4, 2016 6:50 AM

Dec 2015
I'd rather not to expressing myself much...
Aug 6, 2016 11:37 PM

Jul 2016
That's not really something I'm afraid of. And people accepting or judging me is not a concern of mine.
Aug 7, 2016 12:05 AM

Apr 2016
Sometimes I want to just know all that a plastic bag has been through. To see a documentary of it's life. From it's birth at the factory, to it getting lost in the wind, until it is eventually destroyed. But I might be sad at the end :(
Aug 7, 2016 12:11 AM

Dec 2014
I dont usually express myself much... So yes I am a plastic bag
Aug 7, 2016 4:55 AM

Jul 2015
FLOATING THROUGH THE WIND WANTING TO START AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN FIREFUCKINGWORK MUTHAFUCKA
- St Jimmy, Over and Out
Aug 7, 2016 11:07 AM

Dec 2007
Bobby2Hands said:

Ha! Beat me to it.

That movie doesn't hold up as well once you get older, or maybe it's just me.. Still pretty good, though.
Aug 7, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2009
Yes, and yes, although I don't really see how feeling like a plastic bag is similar to feeling afraid to express yourself.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 7, 2016 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
I'm pretty bad when it comes to expressing myself, but no. I'm not afraid of doing it

but maybe @Awry and @cause are afraid :thinking:
Aug 7, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2015
SchnickelFritz said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Ha! Beat me to it.

That movie doesn't hold up as well once you get older, or maybe it's just me.. Still pretty good, though.

I didn't see American Beauty until I was 26 (2 years ago) so I can't really say if it holds up, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

9 by Meusnier »»
54 seconds ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

18 by UncreatedSong »»
18 minutes ago

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - Yesterday

17 by Lucifrost »»
41 minutes ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

14 by Zayvex »»
45 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

22 by Zayvex »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.