Forum Settings
Forums

Do you skip openings and endings when you watch anime?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Sep 24, 2019 12:53 AM
I definitly do. wont watch a 4 minute music video everytime i want to watch something

Sep 25, 2019 10:19 AM
Yes, I always skip them, since those OP/Endings has nothing to do with the story/the original source itself, it just there to promote those musicians for some "baffling" reason.

Sep 25, 2019 10:35 AM

It depends on whether or not I actually like the OP and if the opening visuals interest me. I'll always watch them once of course but if I'm not a fan of either I won't watch them again. If I like the OP then I'll always watch it. If it's just the visuals, usually I'll skip it.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127

Sep 25, 2019 12:27 PM
I usually skip openings and endings when I watch anime unless I really do enjoy them.

Sep 25, 2019 2:24 PM

Sawilagar said:
It depends on whether or not I actually like the OP and if the opening visuals interest me. I'll always watch them once of course but if I'm not a fan of either I won't watch them again.

I do that mostly, but I usually sit through both of them when they are showing it for the last/first time, you know when a new arc is gonna start. But if it's not that good then I just skip.

Sep 25, 2019 2:25 PM

I Only skip openings if I don't like them.
❄️ Snow Miku ❄️

私のためにあなたの愛は存在しない場合でも,あなたのための私の愛は常に無限になります。

Sep 25, 2019 3:27 PM
Yes, I don’t rarely. If I like the intro, then maybe.

Sep 25, 2019 5:52 PM
YouTuber / VA

After the first listen yes (unless it's REALLY good lol). I also usually set the playback speed of anime to x2 (*gasp* what an evil man) although there are certain exceptions (like for example there's a really great fight seen going on or there's a lot of really well written dialog I want to slowly absorb/appreciate).

Sep 25, 2019 6:21 PM
i never skip them

most shows it's not even an issue cause they're good and change up fairly often but every now and then (hunter x hunter same garbage 144 times) it gets painful but you just gotta take one for the team

Sep 25, 2019 6:33 PM
Hime

binging a series? yeah, might skip them. Weekly episode, No, not skipping~

sometimes a start is
all we ever get

Sep 25, 2019 6:41 PM
Sometimes, it depends if I like the song or not.

Sep 25, 2019 9:55 PM

Nope, I always watch the entire episode from beginning to end, no exceptions.

I find that as I watch a particular series, I end up enjoying the opening theme more and more, even if I don't really care for the anime (as was the case with Conception). Sometimes I don't even like the opening theme, but if I love the anime the opening theme continues to grow on me until, by the time I've finished the anime, I end up loving it (that happened with the first opening theme for SAO and Darling in the Franxx). Depending on how hyped I am for a series, the opening themes can sometimes make me cry (that happened with the second opening theme for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime and both openings for the new Fruits Basket). I just love seeing all the different characters and I love how the clips are timed with music. So, basically, I just end up dancing in my chair at the beginning of every episode.

I watch the ending themes because 1) I don't want to miss anything afterwards and 2) It gives me time to reflect on the episode I just finished watching.

Sep 26, 2019 10:28 AM
まもる

I watch the OPs and EDs of every anime atleast once..... If I end up not liking it all that much, I just skip it altogether and focus on the show.

For shows with great OPs and EDs, I stick through until the very end :)

Sep 28, 2019 12:17 AM

I don't skip if I like the song. I always watch both OP and ED of a first episode.

Sep 28, 2019 12:48 AM

I only skip openings and endings that i do not like, UNLESS i want to just skip ahead to watch the next eps already and i have no patience, OR i don't like either the opening or ending.

Sep 28, 2019 1:19 AM

depends on how much i like the songs. i usually never watch them more than once.
i always listen to kny/death parade's op. i always listened to asobi asobase's ed.

you emit a charged autumnal vibe
i know we're of the same tribe
the fall's our most productive season

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]