Forum Settings
Forums

U Houston Student VP Suspended Over #AllLivesMatter Facebook Post

New
Aug 1, 2016 4:40 PM

Aug 2013

University of Houston (UofH) SGA Vice President Rohini Sethi received a 55-day suspension along with other disciplinary actions from the student government board after she made a Facebook post that said, “Forget #BlackLivesMatter; more like #AllLivesMatter.”

Shane Smith released a letter Friday outlining a set of five punishments for Sethi. The punishments include:

----A 50-day suspension from SGA starting August 1. This suspension will be unpaid (she currently receives a stipend of about $700 a month).
----A requirement to attend a three-day diversity workshop in mid-August.
----A requirement to attend three “UH cultural events” each month from September through March, excluding December.
----An order to write a “letter of reflection” about how her harmful actions have impacted SGA and the UH student body
----An order to put on a public presentation Sept. 28 detailing “the knowledge she has gained about cultural issues facing our society.”

Article
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 1, 2016 4:50 PM

Sep 2014
Good god, what is our world coming to?
Everyone matters of course, why would one ever be punished for such a sincere post?
Aug 1, 2016 4:52 PM

Nov 2011
silly her. not all lives matter. only black lives does. :p

> diversity workshop for writing that all lives (hence all cultures) matter
> letter of reflection...someone got seriously butthurt over a facebook post
inb4 someone gets buthurt over criticizing a university that is buthurt over nothing.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 1, 2016 5:10 PM
Feb 2014
Unfortunately, #AllLivesMatter really means black lives don't matter, yet, people simply lack reading comprehension past high school so that's what it translates as to many brainwashed college kids and identity political social justice militants.

On a side note these "angry" emojis on Facebook make me want to punch a wall.
Aug 1, 2016 5:18 PM

Jan 2012
#NoLivesMatter Sorry. It's the bitter truth in the eye of the Illuminati, the secret over-mind of all that is happening between SJW, political, and BLM activists. It's a conspiracy I tell you! A conspiracy!
Aug 1, 2016 5:44 PM
Apr 2014
Why are people so offended over #AllLivesMatter and #BlueLivesMatter?
Aug 1, 2016 5:46 PM

Apr 2014
This is a college setting, where SJW's run rampant like a plague, this shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
Aug 1, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2012
137 likes pretty lame , i post just a picture of my dog i get more likes .

ot:

Aug 1, 2016 6:23 PM

Dec 2012
----An order to put on a public presentation Sept. 28 detailing “the knowledge she has gained about cultural issues facing our society.”

She should just stand up and say "Black lives don't matter" and transfer to a real university.
Aug 1, 2016 6:36 PM

Apr 2011
If my college or university did this to me, I'd give them a nice, good middle finger, tell them to fuck off and transfer to some place else. Some place else that actually cares about what they're supposed to do and doesn't suck politically correct dicks. I'm not even trying to be edgy, it's just I'd much rather be edgy than have to listen to these dipshits.
Aug 1, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2014
>University student

I'm not surprised
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 1, 2016 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
I'm honestly hesitant as f to go to even community college because of all this safe spacer sjw crap....

If I'm gonna be paying these people for an education, they damn well better shut these whiny ninnies up or at least take proper disciplinary action against them for their witch burnings, cause i'm kind of sick and tired of seeing those in colleges throughout america.
Aug 1, 2016 9:01 PM

Nov 2012
I just hope they make one hell of a fuss about this and not take it like "Horrible, I'll find another college."
They have to fight this bullshit from the inside out.

Aug 1, 2016 9:21 PM

Sep 2015
i wouldn't make it through a single day in an american university.

some UH reviews. sounds pretty bad...
Very diverse group of students and professors. In a way, I feel it allows you to experience more cultures firsthand, allowing you to become more aware of the world around you, and therefore grow from it.

Seems there are too many professors who can't speak english working here. Imagine trying to learn from an overseas telemarketer.

Crime ridden campus located in a bad part of the city, surrounded by a bad neighborhood. Muggings at gunpoint on campus were disturbingly common. A female student was even raped in the same dorm complex I was living in

Aug 1, 2016 9:34 PM

Nov 2009
That is messed up on so many levels however if this was read aloud in front of an audience and I was there I would have stood up on gone

"zomg get rekt!"

That is literally what I thought when I read the title.

clandestine said:
I'm honestly hesitant as f to go to even community college because of all this safe spacer sjw crap....

If I'm gonna be paying these people for an education, they damn well better shut these whiny ninnies up or at least take proper disciplinary action against them for their witch burnings, cause i'm kind of sick and tired of seeing those in colleges throughout america.
lol, implying you will actually meet anyone at a community college. You got nothing to fear there, if you know the names of more than 5 people that didn't attend your high school you already are more involved in the "community" than most.
Aug 1, 2016 10:08 PM
Feb 2014
Nigami_Shin said:

Very diverse group of students and professors. In a way, I feel it allows you to experience more cultures firsthand, allowing you to become more aware of the world around you, and therefore grow from it.

Seems there are too many professors who can't speak english working here. Imagine trying to learn from an overseas telemarketer.

Crime ridden campus located in a bad part of the city, surrounded by a bad neighborhood. Muggings at gunpoint on campus were disturbingly common. A female student was even raped in the same dorm complex I was living in

Houston's one of our worst cities in the country in terms of crime, don't be surprised.
Aug 1, 2016 11:09 PM

May 2015
AllLivesMatter is what people say because the phrase "BlackLivesMatter" isn't inclusive enough for them, nobody can deny it and this blatantly states it. It has intent and a message of it's own, no matter if but it's obviously a true statement, but it IS a true statement nevertheless. It's ridiculous for a student to be suspended for having an opinion, nevermind an opinion so obviously unoffensive and so obviously one of good will.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Aug 1, 2016 11:40 PM

Jun 2013
She deserved it. It's #AllLivesDontMatter after all.
Aug 2, 2016 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
Nico- said:
Nigami_Shin said:

Houston's one of our worst cities in the country in terms of crime, don't be surprised.

Hey man! <.< yeah :L I always get told "you'll see the real Houston in downtown @ night" not downtown downtown but the area near the ghettos. I'm actually surprised about the u of h being in a bad part because when I see it. It seems like it is in a decent place.

Then again my standards for decent is low when it comes to neighborhoods.
removed-userAug 2, 2016 12:53 AM
Aug 2, 2016 12:44 AM

Nov 2014
What kind of bullshit is this?

Aug 2, 2016 12:48 AM

Dec 2007
I got that kind of treatment, I'd file a lawsuit. I'd also win said lawsuit.

Luckily for me, I have no need to go to a university anymore. Not unless I want law school or a higher degree.
Aug 2, 2016 6:46 AM

Feb 2016
I don't disagree that this is overkill and a bit ridiculous, but the only reason she's facing these penalties is because she's a high-ranking member of the SGA. When you're a leader of an organization like that you face higher scrutiny than some random student. People could perceive her comments as a reflection of the SGA, which could land them all in hot water and reflect poorly on the college as a whole.

Those are all punishments from the organization she's part of, likely required for her to retain her position. If she didn't want to attend the seminars and write an apology, she could refuse and simply quit or be relieved of her vice-presidential role and duties. But she wants that stipend and whatever other long term benefits she can get from the position, so she'll play ball.
Aug 2, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
Its weird how its gone full circle the sjw left wing started to fight segregation, racism sexism ect now they're advocating that equality is wrong and that segregation by sex and race is good.

Looks like God does have a sense of humour but nobody got the memo its a joke.
Aug 2, 2016 9:22 AM

Mar 2008
Pretty sure everyone is going to get tired of this shit and start lynching people again.
Aug 2, 2016 9:47 AM
Feb 2016
Jeezus, this is horrible. Another reason why I don't use Facebook in the first place. Nonetheless, I'm displeased with how free speech at Universities are being disrespected. #AllLivesMatter? Hate Speech! And it's not even actual hate speech, unless that was the intent in the first place. If she had said something like "Kill all the blacks," then of course that would be hate speech.

But saying #AllLivesMatter? No.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.