Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Planetes Chapter 4 Discussion

Jan 25, 2010 8:41 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A chapter on Earth, nice change compared to all the space settings. And good occasion to introduce the main characters' family.
Nice devellopment on Yuri and that was very surprising when he said that's his compass was used to guide the rocket.

Oct 10, 2010 9:39 AM

I felt bored.. I laughed at the part Hachi teasing his brother and the last missile they launched haha. But sending off his compass means a lot to him,..
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 13, 2014 11:25 PM

Ohhh, that was a fantastic chapter. Lots of nice, serene moments; lots of character development. My favorite chapter of the series thus far.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 15, 2014 7:23 AM

Already watched the anime.
So, felt a bit nostalgic.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 15, 2017 4:52 PM
I only have one problem, I'm reading this from the Dark Horse manga volumes published in December 2015 (I think I have a first edition) so this might be a mistranslation but this chapter opened with a caption saying that the current year is 2070 (by which i mean the part where it cuts to Hachi and Yuri arriving in Japan, not the part at the beginning where Yuri is talking to the native American guy), however the previous chapters (including chapter 1, where Yuri finds the compass) all took place in 2074 (because the prologue part with Yuri and his wife happened in 2068 and then it cuts to present day by saying "6 years later...") so it just doesn't add up.

Oct 20, 2018 6:07 PM

Adapted into episode 13 "Scenery With a Rocket"

DekuHero said:
I only have one problem, I'm reading this from the Dark Horse manga volumes published in December 2015 (I think I have a first edition) so this might be a mistranslation but this chapter opened with a caption saying that the current year is 2070 (by which i mean the part where it cuts to Hachi and Yuri arriving in Japan, not the part at the beginning where Yuri is talking to the native American guy), however the previous chapters (including chapter 1, where Yuri finds the compass) all took place in 2074 (because the prologue part with Yuri and his wife happened in 2068 and then it cuts to present day by saying "6 years later...") so it just doesn't add up.

Yeah, at the beginning of last chapter it states the year as 2075, and this chapter is pretty much meant to be a continuation on what happened after the ship fell to Earth after Fee heroically collided it with the satellite, it makes no sense that this is somehow a separate vacation 5 years earlier.