Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2016 12:48 PM
Apr 2016
This is my favorite episode of side future right now. I enjoyed every minute of this one and did not expect to see Monaca at all but atleast we have a good idea of how Great Gozu died. Now I'm wondering if anyone else from Another Episode will appear

Aug 1, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
Aug 1, 2016 12:57 PM
Mar 2012
Dahyun said:
Perfect12 said:
Stop saying that everybody has to play the game to understand what's going on. I haven't played one game and I understand what's going on in the anime because everything is explained. Stop spoiling things just because you played the game and think you have to mention it everywhere (ahem... because it's NECESSARY for everyone to have played it).

They aren't explaining everything.. You're missing out on a lot of things

It's the fourth episode and she was just revealed. They explained the plot of the second game and the result of said plot.

Anime-only viewers will have no problem understanding her character by the end. Sure, game players like myself no her name and part of her motive, but none of that is enough to reveal if she is actually the mastermind of this game or just a chaotic-neutral force desperately trying to cause havoc in the name of despair. She could just as easily be a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

The show will recap and give information and context. It has so far, and there is so much time left to cover what happened between 1 and 2.
Aug 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2015
Can't we all just peacefully hype that Monaca is alive and well and causing more despair? ^^

Aug 1, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2015
heeaahhh?? a green enoshima? this is getting weirder by each second
Aug 1, 2016 1:07 PM
Jul 2013
Hellspawn reveal aside

Boxer-kun has kicked

Boxer-kun has thrown

Boxer-kun has not punched
Aug 1, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2016

kizakura fuckin callin it
Aug 1, 2016 1:17 PM
Aug 2014
HOLY SHIT THE SCOUT WAS RIGHT!!!

Kind of wondering where they're going with this since Monaca was revealed WAY too early.

It sucks Tengan was impaled but the best moment by far is showing the two douchebags who really runs the show.

Super excited for the next episode
Aug 1, 2016 1:18 PM

Aug 2015
I am hoping Tenga somehow makes it alive, but those wounds... He is pretty cool for beating both Sakakura AND Munakata. Even if he turns out to be the mastermind I think I can forgive him partly just because of that.

So Monaca shows up pretty early. There was hardly any doubt that she was controlling Gekkougahara when they showed the wheelchair could climb the rocky terrain lol. Then it was sort of a given she was gonna get some screen time the moment Gekkougahara decided to stop Sakakura though. She is a true Junko follower! Coming back a live from the death and all~
Aug 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Mar 2015
This conversation has finally become reality... This is my OTP

Aug 1, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2010

Ofc you can understand what's going on duh I just said you're missing out if you haven't played the games
Aug 1, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2016
It would be way to obvious if only Monaka was the traitor...

Aug 1, 2016 1:26 PM
Dec 2010
Wanted to add: The reason I think they're not going to spend much time explaining Monaca is because of how they handled Twilight Syndrome in Despair Side. The event itself (which was a major component of a case in DR2) was blown through in about a minute, while most of the rest of the episode was dedicated to building it up with some background that we weren't given in the game. They didn't spend much time at all re-hashing a game plot, and I doubt they're going to do it here. Sure, she'll probably get a little bit of an introduction since they're making it clear she'll play a major role (maybe in the Monokuma theater form at the start of the next episode), but there's still going to be a lot of confusion ahead for those who didn't play AE.

Actually, I hope they do introduce her in an intro like that because it'll probably mean seeing the AE cast again! (if only in flashback form).
Aug 1, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2013
We only saw Monaca control Gekkogahara and, at the same time, Monomi. We don't know if she is the mastermind or not, but still it would've been weird if she worked against them... Does this mean that she is the one who made Neo World Program and all? Does Gekkogahara even exist in the first place?
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Aug 1, 2016 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
Shimai_ni said:
We only saw Monaca control Gekkogahara and, at the same time, Monomi. We don't know if she is the mastermind or not, but still it would've been weird if she worked against them... Does this mean that she is the one who made Neo World Program and all? Does Gekkogahara even exist in the first place?

It was mentioned in the game who made the Neo World Program... If I remember right it was the SHSL Neurologist and Programmer and someone else who I don't remember.

Just confirmed: It was the SHSL Therapist which means Gekkogahara was one of the creators
TheOllieAug 1, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 1, 2016 1:40 PM

Oct 2015

I suspected Gekkougahara of being Monaca the whole time! Thought it might have been too obvious but in retrospect after three games of the one you least suspect being the mastermind we were conditioned into thinking Gekkougahara was too easy and sought to suspect other people so I guess in a way this is yet another twist. I mean some people even thought Naegi was a sleeper agent.

Loved Monaca's character in Danganronpa AE, she's such a screwy little demon-spawn. Didn't expect Gekkougahara to be a robot though. So we are to suspect that she's responsible for the deaths right? She's a robot so she's immune to the drug that knocks them unconscious. Why would Monaca want to make it seem as though Asahina was murdered though?.... Actually, forget that question, she's a little shit so she obviously just wanted to torment Naegi after they had their bonding moment. That's all.

The Chairman is a bad motherfucker! He's so hardcore yet complains that he's too old. Just how hardcore was he back in the day? And serves Sakakura right, the brute. I know he'll be responsible for Asahina's death too and I'll hate him even more. She's tired, Naegi can't run and her weakness is being punched or kicked which Sakakura does primarily.

As usual another highly enjoyable episode. A lot of people who neglected to play the games or even watch an LP because they couldn't be bothered are missing out on a lot of enjoyment because they don't know 2/3 of the story.
Aug 1, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2015
TheOllie said:
Shimai_ni said:

It was mentioned in the game who made the Neo World Program... If I remember right it was the SHSL Neurologist and Programmer and someone else who I don't remember.

Just confirmed: It was the SHSL Therapist which means Gekkogahara was one of the creators

But that would mean that Monaca was controlling Gekkogahara before "The Incident" which is not possible imo...

Aug 1, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2015
Now that I look closely... Gekkogahara's hair style is similar to Monaca's old hair style.

And since Gekkogahara is responsible for the Future Foundation's cyber security, it would be easy for Monaca to hack the systems.

Aug 1, 2016 1:46 PM
Dec 2010
Monaca from the AE credits, as a reminder:

bcruiseAug 1, 2016 1:51 PM
Aug 1, 2016 1:57 PM
Apr 2011
Monaca is the one who developed the so-called New World Program. She is also the creator of Usami. So what the hell is going on with the New World Program being used for Hope? What if there are actually bugs in the program and said bugs are causing the Ultimate Despairs who "died" in the program to return not as their old selves but as their Ultimate Despair selves?
Aug 1, 2016 2:00 PM
Apr 2011
MoonStar9 said:

I suspected Gekkougahara of being Monaca the whole time! Thought it might have been too obvious but in retrospect after three games of the one you least suspect being the mastermind we were conditioned into thinking Gekkougahara was too easy and sought to suspect other people so I guess in a way this is yet another twist. I mean some people even thought Naegi was a sleeper agent.

Can you explain what exactly tipped you off about Gekkougahara?

Also, I would like to point out that there might be more than one killer. Because this is not a game anymore, it is a survival hunt. We already know that the killer can break the rules anytime they want, by ending the game prematurely or not being affected by their forbidden action.
Aug 1, 2016 2:04 PM

May 2016
bcruise said:
Monaca from the AE credits, as a reminder:

Lol, It looks like she was already preparing things for this very event...I guess this was super foreshadowing then...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 1, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
Shimai_ni said:

WTF no. The real Gekkogahara is problably dead and Monaca used this to fill in the role of here to infiltrate and organize the next killing game. After all this is a almost perfect diguise. Because nobody ever heard here talking.
Aug 1, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2014
trannon1 said:
Monaca is the one who developed the so-called New World Program. She is also the creator of Usami. So what the hell is going on with the New World Program being used for Hope? What if there are actually bugs in the program and said bugs are causing the Ultimate Despairs who "died" in the program to return not as their old selves but as their Ultimate Despair selves?

Did you even play the games or how can you come to that theory at all?
Aug 1, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
So, no Junko return in Mirai hen. ;-; I was hopping for her to be the mastermind.
Aug 1, 2016 2:12 PM

Oct 2015
trannon1 said:
MoonStar9 said:

Also, I would like to point out that there might be more than one killer. Because this is not a game anymore, it is a survival hunt. We already know that the killer can break the rules anytime they want, by ending the game prematurely or not being affected by their forbidden action.

Her general appearance which resembles Monaca, the fact that she was wheelchair bound, didn't talk and used the Monomi AI were among the major superficial reasons I suspected her, however, last episode she claimed her NG was being unable to turn right, correct?

That would have been too much of a huge animation error.
Aug 1, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2016
Lol, if Monaca is controling a robot of Gekkogahara...What if Gekkogahara is alive and is the mastermind? And then she turns out to be irl Chiaki that has indeed fallen into despair, which means Chiaki don't die in the way everyone is thinking, then in the final parts of Zetsubou-hen they'll reveal that to us and make the final tie between the two animes.........Nah that's stupid...But I'll not throw that notion away just yet...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 1, 2016 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
Ahh I didn't know this anime was related to Despair Girls too, I haven't played it yet. ;-; Just 1 and 2.

Aug 1, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2015
Riveon said:
MightyM16 said:

AE is part of the main work, it's just not called "3" because of the different gameplay and perspective it offered

Monaca is extremely relevant to the tragedy and to what Junko's plan was, she is set up as the "next Junko" at the end of AE, wanting her not to appear in the final installment of the Hope's Peak saga is basically wanting a plot hole to manifest itself

So you pretty much say that the author failed math class, since your speech still doesn't explain why this anime is called "3".
By logic 1->2->3 not 1->2->some other bullshit->3

Honestly, I just hope that they would somehow explain her existence here, without "go play game" route.

I'm saying that just because a game isn't considering a main game, it doesn't means it adds nothing to the game story

AE is relevant, it always was and you just have to deal with it
Aug 1, 2016 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
First genuinely great episode of the future arc so far, tengan is based as fuck (but on the downside hes possibly adding to this anime's issue of killing off the likable people too fast), we got to see every single character in action, and we got the blatantly obvious mastermind out of the way really early on. Cant wait till next week.

that said im gonna just go on a mostly basless limb here and say tengan actually wont die from that impaling, the guy seems retard strong and i think the fact they didnt show him die this episode might mean hes gonna survive his wounds somehow. that or ill eat shit next monday, we will see.
JizzyHitlerAug 1, 2016 2:27 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 1, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2016
HyperL said:
Lol, if Monaca is controling a robot of Gekkogahara...What if Gekkogahara is alive and is the mastermind? And then she turns out to be irl Chiaki that has indeed fallen into despair, which means Chiaki don't die in the way everyone is thinking, then in the final parts of Zetsubou-hen they'll reveal that to us and make the final tie between the two animes.........Nah that's stupid...But I'll not throw that notion away just yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6l3e1QHIVk
https://gfycat.com/InexperiencedHospitableFish
Is Gekkogahara real?

Aug 1, 2016 2:29 PM
Apr 2011
MonoReaper said:
trannon1 said:

Is that one sentence supposed to explain everything? The ending of DR2 was very open, since they only mentioned how Hinata and the others stayed on Jabberwock Island waiting for their "dead" friends to wake up. Time has obviously passed so there is no reason why if the Ultimate Despairs woke up, they wouldn't be in their Ultimate Despair personas.

So yes, I played the game, and your answer was short and kinda stupid, since you didn't explain why you thought my theory was stupid.
Aug 1, 2016 2:29 PM
Oct 2015
So I was right; Maiya IS Monaca, yet... I was not expecting Maiya to be an "avatar". Kinda curious as to when/how Maiya was inserted into the Future Foundation.

Main suspect: Ryouta Mitarai. He seems to want to be like Naegi, and is inspiring to be an "Ultimate Hope". I'm also suspicious as to where Ryouta was before the Tragedy occurred, since The Ultimate Imposter was disguised as him at Hope's Peak. He just sets off tons of alarms in my head, so hopefully he isn't the traitor. He just seems too obvious.
Aug 1, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2016
FragOutFire said:
HyperL said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6l3e1QHIVk
https://gfycat.com/InexperiencedHospitableFish
Is Gekkogahara real?

What will you decide? This is the decision game...
Aug 1, 2016 2:34 PM
Apr 2011
MoonStar9 said:
trannon1 said:

Her general appearance which resembles Monaca, the fact that she was wheelchair bound, didn't talk and used the Monomi AI were among the major superficial reasons I suspected her, however, last episode she claimed her NG was being unable to turn right, correct?

I am impressed by your observation skills. And this proves my theory that this "game" is not like the previous game with both parties being bound by rules. Monaca obviously has no interest in following the rules. Well, unless she was just pretending her forbidden action was turning right. After all, we didn't actually see it displayed on her bracelet, it was Naegi who posited that that was her forbidden action.
Aug 1, 2016 2:36 PM

Mar 2015
MoonStar9 said:
trannon1 said:

Dat Naegi ass tho... xD

Aug 1, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2014
trannon1 said:
MonoReaper said:

Is that one sentence supposed to explain everything? The ending of DR2 was very open, since they only mentioned how Hinata and the others stayed on Jabberwock Island waiting for their "dead" friends to wake up. Time has obviously passed so there is no reason why if the Ultimate Despairs woke up, they wouldn't be in their Ultimate Despair personas.

So yes, I played the game, and your answer was short and kinda stupid, since you didn't explain why you thought my theory was stupid.

???
You dont seem to understand how time and ageing works i guess.
Aug 1, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
Heres the real question, even if its most likley all on her, is monaca the actual mastermind behind this or was she just fucking around as a 3rd party and this is all just an unfortunate coincidence.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 1, 2016 2:42 PM

Mar 2015
Let the theorizing begin...

Aug 1, 2016 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
I knew it, I knew it, I knew itttt!
Lots of people kept on dismissing the theory that Gekkougahara was actually Monaka last week, but I couldn't overlook their similarities. As soon as I saw how similar their haircuts were and the fact that both used a wheelchair I was like, "YUP THIS IS HER." It makes sense that she's the one controlled Monomi because

I really dislike Monaka as a character ((if you play the game you will understand why)), so a part of me hopes that she will get offed soon. The chances of that are slim to none, but I guess I can always hope.

I want to know more about the Blacksmith's and Confectioner's backstory. They're very interesting characters for me, moreso than the Boxer and Student Council Pres. I'd love to see 500% less Boxer and more of the other side characters.

Looks like next week will probably have a lot of Monaca action and another killing since the countdown is at around 30 minutes now. I think it's safe to say that the Future Foundation Chairman is pretty much dead now. He might have one more monologue and then pass next episode.

I'm not really looking forward to Monaca being a crazy little demon spawn next episode, but at the very least it should be a bit entertaining.
Aug 1, 2016 2:44 PM
Apr 2011
MonoReaper said:
trannon1 said:

???

Yea, time and aging works like in reality when it comes to anime even though most of Ultimate Despair look the same age as when they were in Highschool and so do most of the Future Foundation. Just like how Chisa and Munakata both look like they did those years ago. You still haven't explained why my theory was stupid btw.

Are you ever going to stop the one sentence answers?
Aug 1, 2016 2:44 PM

Mar 2015
poptartnyan said:
I knew it, I knew it, I knew itttt!
Lots of people kept on dismissing the theory that Gekkougahara was actually Monaka last week, but I couldn't overlook their similarities. As soon as I saw how similar their haircuts were and the fact that both used a wheelchair I was like, "YUP THIS IS HER." It makes sense that she's the one controlled Monomi because

I really dislike Monaka as a character ((if you play the game you will understand why)), so a part of me hopes that she will get offed soon. The chances of that are slim to none, but I guess I can always hope.

I want to know more about the Blacksmith's and Confectioner's backstory. They're very interesting characters for me, moreso than the Boxer and Student Council Pres. I'd love to see 500% less Boxer and more of the other side characters.

Looks like next week will probably have a lot of Monaca action and another killing since the countdown is at around 30 minutes now. I think it's safe to say that the Future Foundation Chairman is pretty much dead now. He might have one more monologue and then pass next episode.

I'm not really looking forward to Monaca being a crazy little demon spawn next episode, but at the very least it should be a bit entertaining.

Can people explain me why Monaca is "easily hated"...? I don't see how... (I love her)

Aug 1, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
Crying because Miaya is a robot. I liked Miaya...

Aug 1, 2016 2:46 PM

Dec 2014
trannon1 said:
MonoReaper said:

???

Yea, time and aging works like in reality when it comes to anime even though most of Ultimate Despair look the same age as when they were in Highschool and so do most of the Future Foundation. Just like how Chisa and Munakata both look like they did those years ago. You still haven't explained why my theory was stupid btw.

You make no sense dude.
Aug 1, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2015
trannon1 said:
MonoReaper said:

???

Yea, time and aging works like in reality when it comes to anime even though most of Ultimate Despair look the same age as when they were in Highschool and so do most of the Future Foundation. Just like how Chisa and Munakata both look like they did those years ago.

It's been around 3 years after the "Incident" started... So not changing in 2-3 years is not surprising...unless we're talking about Hiyoko...

Aug 1, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2011
Sadly this one will have to wait after I am taking in my cartoons.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 1, 2016 2:50 PM
Dec 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Heres the real question, even if its most likley all on her, is monaca the actual mastermind behind this or was she just fucking around as a 3rd party and this is all just an unfortunate coincidence.

It's certainly a possibility she's running everything as it's definitely her behind all the computer stuff (the "hacking" scene in particular looks pretty funny now). But it would be a strange move to introduce the mastermind in ep4. That's the only reason it's a little hard to swallow at this point.

Regardless I think most of us who played AE knew she was going to be involved, it was just a matter of how. Right from the first episode's intro we knew there were going to be AE connections.
Aug 1, 2016 2:51 PM
Apr 2011
MonoReaper said:
trannon1 said:

You make no sense dude.

Well you expect me to make sense of your one sentence answers but I'm too stupid to do so, so I'm out.

Well quick apology, I was being sarcastic. But honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about.
trannon1Aug 1, 2016 2:57 PM
Aug 1, 2016 2:53 PM
Apr 2011
TheOllie said:
trannon1 said:

Yea, time and aging works like in reality when it comes to anime even though most of Ultimate Despair look the same age as when they were in Highschool and so do most of the Future Foundation. Just like how Chisa and Munakata both look like they did those years ago.

It's been around 3 years after the "Incident" started... So not changing in 2-3 years is not surprising...unless we're talking about Hiyoko...

My issue is that I have no idea what he/she is talking about. My theory that time has passed and the Ultimate Despairs have woken up is valid, even if just weeks or months have gone by. Yet he answers with "You dont seem to understand how time and ageing works i guess."

I have no idea what he is trying to say, so I stipulated that he is saying if time has passed, the people must have gotten older. But since what I am saying makes no sense to him, what he is saying makes on sense to me either.

Well, to be fair, I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well on the Internet. I was being sarcastic about aging working the same way in anime and reality. You know, how characters never seem to look their age?
Aug 1, 2016 2:55 PM

Jan 2015
MightyM16 said:
Riveon said:

So you pretty much say that the author failed math class, since your speech still doesn't explain why this anime is called "3".
By logic 1->2->3 not 1->2->some other bullshit->3

Honestly, I just hope that they would somehow explain her existence here, without "go play game" route.

I'm saying that just because a game isn't considering a main game, it doesn't means it adds nothing to the game story

AE is relevant, it always was and you just have to deal with it

I never said that such things shouldn't add anything to the story.
They just shouldn't add anything IMPORTANT, that is needed to understand the main title.
I can "deal with it" as long as they would characterize Monaca from zero, without the need of any knowledge about her past.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

234 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.