Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
Stop saying that everybody has to play the game to understand what's going on. I haven't played one game and I understand what's going on in the anime because everything is explained. Stop spoiling things just because you played the game and think you have to mention it everywhere (ahem... because it's NECESSARY for everyone to have played it).
Aug 1, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
AsL said:
tsubasalover said:
That green hair girl that controls from behind the monitor... looks like the kimono girl from Zetsubou-hen / 2nd game...

She's monaca from DR Another episode.

So,monaca is the mastermind and that means that all the deaths in DR3 are Komaeda fault.
Fucking Nagito,even in coma he still ruins everything.

With Komaeda, it's either you go hard or you go home
Aug 1, 2016 10:19 AM

Oct 2014
So, honest question about this arc:

Does anyone actually EAT something?

In Dangan 2, the starving situation becomes a huge plot device for the character to move forward with the killing-game, but in this time, we don't have any clue about someone being thirsty or hungry even though there's a lot of action.

Also: I don't have any idea of who the hell the green-girl is. Does anyone can recommend when can I watch/read about her story?
Aug 1, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
Perfect12 said:
Stop saying that everybody has to play the game to understand what's going on. I haven't played one game and I understand what's going on in the anime because everything is explained. Stop spoiling things just because you played the game and think you have to mention it everywhere (ahem... because it's NECESSARY for everyone to have played it).

How are people spoiling things?

People are talking about a prequel to this sequel.

Your fault for not playing/watching the games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Hi!"
Aug 1, 2016 10:25 AM

May 2010
Perfect12 said:

They aren't explaining everything.. You're missing out on a lot of things
Aug 1, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2012
Hm, I think the problem is that some people come to the forums to be salty about an anime that is targeted for who played the games.
If there are people who didn't play it and still enjoy the anime, that's great. Nobody is going to make you play them. :)

And about spoilers...this is kinda complicated. Like @Yehart said, this is a sequel. So, we are not exactly spoiling anything... @-@

KarasuZ said:

Also: I don't have any idea of who the hell the green-girl is. Does anyone can recommend when can I watch/read about her story?

Hm, maybe they will talk more about her in the anime. But I recommend the Danganronpa wikia: http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Monaca_Towa or a gameplay of DR: Another Episode. I watched Nicob's gameplay and liked it :)

Aug 1, 2016 10:28 AM

Jun 2009
I'm actually pretty excited it is Monaca. I am pleased then that UDG worked into the story.

Sweetie_Love said:

With Komaeda, it's either you go hard or you go home

Well I think that applies to most of the characters in this universe.
Guess I should change my profile picture then. Seems appropriate now.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 1, 2016 10:31 AM

Mar 2011
Overall good episode, I think that Monaca is probably not the main antagonist.
I will leave it here.
GazerAug 1, 2016 12:33 PM

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Aug 1, 2016 10:33 AM
Aug 2016
Is it me or does Koichi (Blonde dude) look uncannily similar to Cast-Boy from Despair Girls? Considering what happened at the end of the game too, that's very suspicious.

Also I'm not too sure about the timlines so I'm sure some stuff doesn't match up, but with that Monaka reveal he certainly seems even more suspicious.
Aug 1, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2015
Should've figured SHE of all people would show up.
As much as Monaca irritates me to no end, I actually am kinda glad that she showed up because it really wasn't clear as to what happened to her after the events of Another Episode aside from Nagito probably bringing her somewhere.

...yet, I cannot help but think Kodaka's trying to lower our guards.

Welp, I should continue with DR:Zero before thursday arrives.
SupriceSuppliesAug 1, 2016 10:47 AM
Aug 1, 2016 10:39 AM

Jun 2016
Ok Is Monaca controls Gekkogahara Is she traitor or Monokuma?

Aug 1, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2012
Sigh, Aoi survives another round against super puncher and kicker Sakakura, this isn't good for my nerves.

Glad to see Munakata easing up a bit, albeit just a liiiiitle bit too late :/

Ay I knew Gekkougahara was suspicious but it still saddens me to know that she's the mastermind. Gonna have to look into Monaca since I lack the DR2 gameplay I guess to know most of this.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Aug 1, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2015
were still in ep 4 and I think theres more to it
shits too fucking simple for danganronpa
Aug 1, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Nooo old man whyyy. That girl at the end tho...
Aug 1, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
Well, shit. I had hope that Gekkogahara wouldn't be Monaka because the hairstyle was super similar and it would have been obvious...oh well. I didn't expect the cyborg thing, though.

Tengan was freaking awesome this episode but now he's most probably going to die ;__; UGH. Still, I wonder if Monaka is the only one behind all the killings? She IS here but I still wonder if it wasn't another person that killed everybody, that would be interesting.

Anyway, good episode but not great. I'm enjoying Despair arc a bit more, tbh. Still, looking forward to the next!!
Aug 1, 2016 10:59 AM
Oct 2015
Goddamnit Kodaka, You slimy bloody genius, you said monaca wasn't gekkogahara and you implemented it in a way that she was a damn robot so that is technically correct, oh my god, THE PLOT TWISTS KEEP ON COMING.

Also looks like this will be the end, of all of danganronpa's universe as everything comes crashing down, the stories from 1, 2 and AE along with DR ZERO are all coming together in these two bloody series, this makes everything 10 times more annoying since no one in this fucking establishment even knows who monaca is, agh.

Well it will be interesting to see how this plays out now, Kodaka, does every episode have to be a mind breaking plot twist?

Also I think we'll see more of Ruruka, Seiko and Yoi in the Despair arc since that Chef guy (forgot the guy's name) said he was working in Seiko on the steroids medicine, things are getting more interesting, W A Y more interesting

Also I s2g if she's not the mastermind and is just there to watch their despair, actually that makes sense, if it's a robot, then it's pretty much like the security cameras for monaca.
ResiverenceAug 1, 2016 11:15 AM
Aug 1, 2016 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
Now that someone mentioned it,it is kinda early for mastermind's revelation,so I'm thinking Monaca is only Monomi/Miaya's controller and she's hand-in-hand with someone else who is actually the traitor/attacker.

Aaaand @ to the people who complain about spoilers: lmao,what are you even doing here if you don't know everything? You MUST know every bit of the games/novels to fully comprehend all this beautiful mess that is called Danganronpa.
"hurr i don't wanna play the gamu/stop ruining my animu" Just stop.
Aug 1, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
I am pretty confident in my theory, I called it at the first episode, Scout is the traitor. I don't know what Monaca is. She may be acting just out of whim.

Also, please kill the Boxer with fire.
Aug 1, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
My favourite character ended up being my least favourite? I really didn't want to believe that.

And Jesus Christ guys. This is a discussion about this episode and everything that has happened TILL this episode. That includes the games.

If you don't want to be spoiled of the games then there's two options:

1. Don't watch the anime before playing/reading.

2: Don't join in on a discussion about it.

You're about the same level of the people reading a comment section about an episode and then complain for people DISCUSSING said episode.

Learn what a spoiler is.
AklejaAug 1, 2016 11:13 AM
Aug 1, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
kawaii-despair said:
Now that someone mentioned it,it is kinda early for mastermind's revelation,so I'm thinking Monaca is only Monomi/Miaya's controller and she's hand-in-hand with someone else who is actually the traitor/attacker.

I second this!! I think there's another traitor here.
Aug 1, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
SirKurt said:
I am pretty confident in my theory, I called it at the first episode, Scout is the traitor. I don't know what Monaca is. She may be acting just out of whim.

Oh no not my fav :( He does give that vibe actually,but he was the only one who accused Miaya for being suspicious and I think the traitor would be somehow related to Monaca's doing,wouldn't they?
Aug 1, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
I'm not sure how to rate this one.
On one hand, I loved the episode, so many fights and a very good analysis from Munakata about what truly is the worst outcome for this mutual killing game, but on the other... the cliffhanger killed me.
The girl showed in the end seems to be a character from Ultra Despair Girls which I haven't yet played, so it was strange to see her here 'cause this was way too unexpected. I don't even know what to think about her: is she good? Doesen't seem to me, and I don't want to know anything about what she does in the game, I don't want spoilers. Guess I'll check this out in a week.

Anyway, to me she's not the traitor, most likely she's the mastermind behind the killing game, using a robot-Gekkogahara to easily manipulate the hostages so that the true traitor can have an easy time doing its job. If that's true... does this mean that the real Gekkogahara is already dead?

If that girl is really the mastermind, she will also be happy to see that her plan is proceeding very smoothly, everyone is fighting and KILLING each other, even Munakata who seeks true hope can't help making some sacrifices... but how's this supposed to bring hope? I don't know, I simply can't understand him, I'm without a doubt on Makoto's side.

Also, episode 4 ended and still no Yasuhiro Hagakure action, is he going to be useless in this show too, just like in the game? lol

So much happened in this one, it's really getting better the more it goes on, but I have only one negative thing to say for now about the show: everyone who gets a lot of focus during the episode gets killed or injured, think about it, it's almost like killing a part of the suspence. I hope I'm just terribly wrong and it's only my imagination.

I've got nothing more to say, hype for the next one!
Aug 1, 2016 11:18 AM
Oct 2015
It's also interesting how the scout's 'intuition' was hella true and that well Gekkogahara is hella suspicious
Aug 1, 2016 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! MONACA I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR APPEARANCE HAHAHAHA!!!

Man this episode was really fast paced the whole way through and just when I thought it was over BAM ENOSHIMA JUNKO'S SUPER DESPAIRING SUCCESSOR MONACA :3 I really hope we get to see her and Komaeda's backstories in Zetsubo because I was always so curious about what they did together after Ultimate Despair Girls
Aug 1, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2010
kawaii-despair said:
SirKurt said:

Oh no not my fav :( He does give that vibe actually,but he was the only one who accused Miaya for being suspicious and I think the traitor would be somehow related to Monaca's doing,wouldn't they?

I will leave this here.
Aug 1, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
The chairman was cool.
Aug 1, 2016 11:29 AM

Jan 2016

Tengan just took a sword that split his freakin hand in half and got impaled, but he's not acting like it... He's kind of acting like he doesn't care about being skewered, like maybe he's still an agent of despair

Kirigiri inspecting Chisa's body again. And Kizakura has been left alone this whole time... Hmm...

I kind of don't care about Ando, Izayoi and Seiko expelling each other and don't want to know anymore about it. Just kill each other already
Aug 1, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
SirKurt said:
kawaii-despair said:

I will leave this here.

Ok that's a point,you won.
Aug 1, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2015
TENGAN WHY

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK MONACA.
Aug 1, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2016

His hand got split in half and he doesn't care. Look at this old man not give a fuck. Not a single fuck.

Then he gets impaled and he still doesn't care. I'm thinking he's still a despair agent.
Aug 1, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2012
Hmm, I don't think Monaka is acting alone. She is probably working together with someone at least (she IS really good at manipulating people). Scout guy is suspicious, but Ryota is too. Maybe he is going to be important plot-wise but not exactly the traitor/attacker/bad person.

At the beginning Monokuma says that there are 12 survivors, but the counter shows 13. It is either counting Monoka or Hagakure, I guess.

Inori_is_love said:
I really hope we get to see her and Komaeda's backstories in Zetsubo because I was always so curious about what they did together after Ultimate Despair Girls

Owwn, just imagine Nagito raising a little Junko wannabe xD

Aug 1, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
Oh god, the rat Monaca is here.

Does this mean the robot SHSL therapist is the traitor, or is someone else the designated "attacker"? Also I wonder where the REAL SHSL therapist who helped develop Usami is - did Monaca kill her or is she alive?

I'm worried about SHSL boxer pursuing Naegi and Asahina. As long as he's in the game I'm worried about her safety, and also her forbidden action is just dangerous overall. I'm really praying she lives - I don't really give a shit about "plot armor".
Aug 1, 2016 11:47 AM

May 2016
MONACA YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 1, 2016 11:56 AM
Feb 2010
KarasuZ said:
So, honest question about this arc:

Does anyone actually EAT something?

In Dangan 2, the starving situation becomes a huge plot device for the character to move forward with the killing-game, but in this time, we don't have any clue about someone being thirsty or hungry even though there's a lot of action.

They don't spend a huge number of hours awake, it's something like 2 hours. We don't know how much they sleep, so only a couple of hours passed by now.

She's a character from Danganronpa: Another Episode, which is only available on Vita.
Aug 1, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
MONAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <333333333333
MY BABY IS FINALLY HERE!!!

(The most obvious theory is correct, seriously Kodaka?)

Maybe the girl who Kizakura talked about in the previous episode is Komaru, who knows.
Aug 1, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2015
Perfect12 said:

Not to be mean here but this anime is created solely for the purpose of continuation and concluding the universe of those 3 games. That's why u need play the game to get all the stuff and references. And people mentioning them aren't spoilers anymore considering the fact ur watching this is to see the end.

It isn't ur everyday LN anime adaption.
Aug 1, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
OMG "Im so shy i need computer to speak" BULLSHIT I KNEW SHE WAS SUSPICIOUS FROM THE START

"pitiful children are the most powerful"
Aug 1, 2016 12:13 PM

Aug 2015
No one likes Hagakure and they know it. The highlight right here.
Aug 1, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2016

Why was Kirigiri so interested in Chisa's corpse?

Probably another robot or a dummy or something.
Aug 1, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
I KNEW IT!!!! I suspected that she was Monaca since the second episode! :D
Man, I am so proud of myself, although it was kind of obvious xD
Aug 1, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
Oh shit Monaca = Junko confirmed!

Aug 1, 2016 12:31 PM
Sep 2011
edit: my mistake sorryy
AnozaAug 1, 2016 12:34 PM
Aug 1, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
The most obvious conclusion to the mastermind was definitely Monaca yet most people thought it was too obvious and switched theories including me lmao, I find it funny, it's as if Kodaka secretly looks at every theory
Aug 1, 2016 12:34 PM

Jan 2016
"If anyone seems suspicious, just murder them." Words to live by xD

I can't say I'm shocked to find out that Monaca is behind the attack, I just hope that she gets what she deserves at the end of the anime. She can follow Junko into the afterlife if she wants to immitate her so badly.
Aug 1, 2016 12:35 PM
Nov 2015
MONACAAAAAAA <3 (I actually like her...like a lot, fight me)
Aug 1, 2016 12:35 PM

Mar 2015
Screw the guys who don't know/love Monaca xD

My fave character is back, aw yeaah! ^^

Aug 1, 2016 12:36 PM
Nov 2015
FlameSpeedster said:
No one likes Hagakure and they know it. The highlight right here.

Preach Monokuma, preach
Aug 1, 2016 12:42 PM
Jul 2016
Omg I didn't expect Monaca to appear this early, but since she's showed early I think she might not be the "true" mastermind. Now I'm really hoping to see Komaru, her VA retweeted on twitter an announcement of DR3 a while back so maybe she'll appear?
JamonLelAug 1, 2016 3:55 PM
Aug 1, 2016 12:42 PM
Dec 2010
Well, this development certainly explains how Gozu was killed in a closed room.

Monaca....in that same hairdo from the AE credits. She's almost certainly the traitor, but I'd be surprised if she's the mastermind. Wonder if any of the other cast from AE will make an appearance.

Kirigiri finally examined a corpse, so it's not that she couldn't do it at all....but maybe there was a reason she couldn't do it earlier.

Great episode. After being a bit lost by the last episode I've very interested in this now. I'd suggest that those who didn't play AE read up on Monaca, because I doubt they're going to spend much (if any) time explaining her.
Aug 1, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit this episode.
Gramps got fighting skills Q_Q Gramps i miss you. He was a good guy all along.

Fuck Juzo srsly.

OH BOY THIS ENDING! I KNEEEEEW IT I FREAKING KNEW IT.
But i didnt expect this outcome.
Miaya is probably dead and Monaca used her place to create this Robo-Version. Makes sense Monoca also mass produced the Monokuma army for Junko and she is a genius in that kind of metier.
Jesus so i dont know if she killed Chisa. But she killed Great Gozu. At least it explains how someone could lift Gozu up in the air and let him hang there. A Robot could lift him.
Also now we know why she didnt want our precious Donuts to touch her. She would feel how cold she is and that her Skin is not normal.

My guess is Monaca has at least one collaborator. Or maybe she is really alone in this matter. The only thing is i ask myself. What will happen. Monoca as solo mastermind is kinda cool really i liked this early reveal and i cried out of enyjoment.
BUT as a stand alone she is........"kinda" meh. Dont get me wrong i like this outcome.
But i think there is more to it after all we speak about a Kodaka original story. Some kind of sick twist is to be expected. Oh boy is the Junko AI really in Makoto or Kirigir or in both?!? Oh shit...
Well after Monoca is showing up so early i bet Togami, Fukawa & Komaru are coming soon to this Anime.
Oh boy i am hyped.
Still i want to know how Monaca knew about Monomi. It makes somewhat sense that she played allong in EP1 with that Usami thing. But the Monomi form still bothers me.
Please....dont let it be a twist like Monaca found the old cast and managed to take some of them hostage or some kind of thingy and let them return as Remnants of Despair. Pls no more despair Komaeda PLS.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

234 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.