Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2010 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
Lack of intelligence, misunderstanding the char, external force (ex. hating the voice actor or something strange), some combination of the forces, or is it literally unexplainable?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 25, 2010 12:36 PM

Oct 2009
I say it's a combination of lack of intelligence and misunderstanding of the character. Only from one of those two could anyone honestly call Orihime, Sakura, Kaoru, Kagome, or (of all people...) Lenalee "useless."

(I mean, not liking those characters is fine, but for God's sakes, saying they're useless?)
Karen: So, if you're from Africa... why are you white? O_O
Gretchen: Oh my God Karen! You can't just ask people why they're white!
Jan 26, 2010 2:18 AM

Apr 2009
Combination,

It's not the characters that are useless, it's the hate that the character bashers have that is useless.

Lack of intelligence, well I would say there hypocritical (Big time, seriously I have heard so many of them say they hate this character because of this or that, when all people at one time or another act or are the same way,) immature/childish (This ones self explanatory), mixed with a possibility of jealousy. (If there going to hate something there has to be some jealousy mixed in somewhere, after all hatred comes from jealousy) Ah and they constantly repeat themselves making any kind of fun discussion boring, bland and pointless really, And seriously there to blind to realize that no matter how much they hate that character, it's not just going to make the character disappear or anything. As far as Misunderstanding the character, the problem is, most don't want to, most are to ignorant to do so, even if you give them valid points to support your side of the discussion, most of the time they won't read what your saying and repeat themselves, or they will read what your saying and still repeat themselves.
Terad_VersiliusJan 26, 2010 2:32 AM
Jan 26, 2010 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
This is true, however I believe most people are incapable of being able to comprehend characters.
Jan 26, 2010 3:37 PM

Apr 2009
I'm sure there are a few people that are incapable of understanding a character, but that's a small percentage out of the millions of other bashers that can understand a character but just don't want to.
Mar 11, 2010 4:53 PM

Jul 2008
Lack of intelligence and misunderstanding of the character, most likely...

As in the case of Mai Tokiha (Mai-Hime) and Akira Yumemiya (Mai-Otome) and people dislike them for the stupidest of reasons. Mai, while not lacking in intelligence, people hate her basically because, well, she's a crybaby. Arika, on the other hand, people like bashing her because she's annoying and bratty, which isn't entirely true. Misunderstanding at its finest...
Oct 31, 2010 6:48 AM

Oct 2010
Sometimes, people simply dislike them because they're in the way of one of their favourite pairings >_<

Other times, it's because they're nice characters and therefore "boring". Which is pretty unreasonable.

In yet another class are those who hate "wimps". But that doesn't seem to apply to males o_O
alter/blast/catch/die/energise/flick/grab/halt/intercept/joke/kill/lock/murder/nick/open/pull/quash/react/smash/track/undermine/vectorise/water/x-ray/yell/zap
---
PRIORITY PETS :3
Jan 14, 2011 9:39 PM

Apr 2009
FishyMatter said:
Sometimes, people simply dislike them because they're in the way of one of their favourite pairings >_<

Other times, it's because they're nice characters and therefore "boring". Which is pretty unreasonable.

In yet another class are those who hate "wimps". But that doesn't seem to apply to males o_O

I've seen those reasons everywhere and I don't quite understand why someone would hate Winry from FMA just because she and Ed are a "normal/boring" couple. =/
I think that sometimes people's reasons for hating a character are somewhat valid, but most of the time I have no idea why someone hates a character. Shirley is a perfect example. I, personally, thought that she was one of the more realistic characters in Code Geass and I thought that she was great. I'm always horrified when people say that they are glad she died. Same goes for Orhime. So much undeserved hate just because she's nice, as FishyMatter said, and because she gets in the way of the Ichigo x Rukia pairing.
Oh the stupidity of some people.
Jan 15, 2011 9:49 AM

May 2010
I think it's a combination of lack of inteligence and misunderstanding the character.
For example they're like 'OMG! she's crying again!!!11 only because everyone is almost dead D:' I mean... wth is wrong with them.
And what's wrong if someones crying. Many people would cry if they were in serious situations and that doesn't make you weak..
Jan 21, 2011 12:14 AM

Dec 2008
Lack of intelligence and Misunderstanding also I think often times is because their just plain jealous? To put in that sense like a good character is awesome and them they see them become popular so they decide to hate them just because of that. I mean a good example could be Twilight (although not anime related) it was good then it became really popular and everyone started to bash it and hate it. I mean that's what i think I actually have friends that do that with anime characters D:
Mar 6, 2011 7:35 PM
Jul 2008
Not sure where this goes, but there's a good many people who bash female characters whom they consider too "girly," and thus, "weak." It's accepted among certain people that to be modern and empowered is to be a tomboy, and that anyone who likes traditionally feminine stuff is thus backwards, whether she is or not. There are also those who say that any female who wants a boyfriend is a slave to the patriarchy and cares for nothing else (even if she doesn't).
Jun 12, 2012 9:28 PM

Jun 2009
Mangaluvr said:
FishyMatter said:

I've seen those reasons everywhere and I don't quite understand why someone would hate Winry from FMA just because she and Ed are a "normal/boring" couple. =/
I think that sometimes people's reasons for hating a character are somewhat valid, but most of the time I have no idea why someone hates a character. Shirley is a perfect example. I, personally, thought that she was one of the more realistic characters in Code Geass and I thought that she was great. I'm always horrified when people say that they are glad she died. Same goes for Orhime. So much undeserved hate just because she's nice, as FishyMatter said, and because she gets in the way of the Ichigo x Rukia pairing.
Oh the stupidity of some people.

That's a lack of intelligence, imo. Ichigo X Rukia is laughable. They're allies, period. If Rukia "Thin Air" Kuchiki's to end up with anyone, it would obviously be Renji. They have a strong past together, and have trusted each other far longer than they're known Ichigo. It's clear Orihime's in love with Ichigo, and the only reason he hasn't had to save her as much as he's saved Rukia is because Orihime doesn't get endangered in every damn arc.
Sep 2, 2012 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
IMHO I think they do because they think it is fun.
Sep 14, 2012 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Doabarrelroll said:
IMHO I think they do because they think it is fun.

Most of the comments people make go beyond just trolling.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which anime girls do you think get the most unjust hate?

Seth-Z-101 - Dec 30, 2009

41 by ElizaDarkLight13 »»
Nov 18, 2018 11:30 AM

» a new start for this club

boa555 - Nov 23, 2017

0 by boa555 »»
Nov 23, 2017 3:41 PM

Poll: » Do you consider character bashers as fan?

Terad_Versilius - Mar 27, 2010

9 by Eranime90 »»
Nov 4, 2015 6:18 AM

» Suggestions of Characters! ( 1 2 )

Seth-Z-101 - Dec 28, 2009

60 by Zheng56 »»
Sep 22, 2015 5:18 PM

» Haters Sink to a New Low

tehcriticgal - May 31, 2011

3 by Earwen »»
Feb 1, 2012 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.