Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2016
Wow, didn't think I would cry this episode. The impact is so damn big even having read the LN beforehand. Really loved that Subaru's being honest to Rem about his feelings. A solid 5/5 for me!
Jul 31, 2016 11:26 AM
Oct 2010
All aboard the SS REM, all aboard! BUT THIS DUDE IS THE WORST! He threw away that for emilia? WTF! I think the funniest thing was that Rem was mad fantasizing about the whole thing lmao.
Jul 31, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
I totally loved the episode. Honestly, when I first started watching this series, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do. I'm so glad I decided to check it out and sicked to it.

Subaru and Rem's conversation was great. I like Rem, though I didn't care for her much until 4 episodes ago or so. I think there is chemistry between her and Subaru but I also knew that Subaru is obsessed with Emilia, so I was sure that Rem might not be the one. I'm sure this episode will make a lot of people salty and disappointed but I'm still hoping Subaru will have a change of heart eventually even if it's not likely. I mean, Emilia is the female protagonist and in this kind of series, the female protagonist is the one the hero ends up with, right? I don't really mind Emilia as she doesn't annoy me but I would love to see more character development for her.

Time to continue reading the first novel that I received last week.
Jul 31, 2016 11:27 AM

May 2016
Oh lord...

I cried A LOT.

It was a fantastic EP.

Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 31, 2016 11:28 AM

Sep 2014
Alright... I complained about this show for nearly 17 episodes but I'll admit, this one was good. Was it worth the torture I endured until now? No, but the show acknowledged Subaru for the shitty character that he is, and promised that the real story is going to start from here so even if it took 17 god damn episodes, I'm willing to give this series a pass if it remains decent till the end.
Jul 31, 2016 11:28 AM

Nov 2014
Damn Subaru. At first I thought that he would change his love for Rem, but it was a mistake. Poor Rem. She is the one who understand Subaru.

This episode 10/10. So romantic
Jul 31, 2016 11:29 AM

May 2012
TeamDalaiLana said:
Oh lord...

I cried A LOT.

It was a fantastic EP.

Me as well. Tried to hold the tears back, but it was just to much lol.
Jul 31, 2016 11:29 AM
Sep 2012
All these complaints. Wow.
Jul 31, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2015
This episode is so... "Down", "Dark", no matter how you mention it. Be careful, for positive-thinker out there. You might get into it. LOL
Subaru wants to run with Rem, and she reject it more or less. And he tell his "bad self" completely.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 31, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2015
RockerXD said:
REM IS BEST FUCKING GIRL

BEST GIRL ALL THE WAY. He is not worthy!

Wow that was a pretty powerful episode so much emotion it was truly beautiful and love what happened towards the end of that death. Even though he sunk the Rem ship knowing she will be his support and foundation is still a beautiful thing. She will be the one he hopefully remembers saved him. All the Emilia shippers are throwing a party right now XD after being sick of the Rem screen time lol.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 31, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2016
So sad for English audiences...
In Japanese, here more like "I like Elima" but not "I love Elima". Love have different level by diifferent words in Japanese, I don't know why English sub translate it into "I love Elima".
No other words?
Jul 31, 2016 11:32 AM
Jul 2013
2nd best episode of the series IMO, just underneath episode 15. So beautifully done. This is one of the very rare times that an entire anime episode can be filled with mostly dialogue and still be so good due to its execution and emotional impact.

Mar 2011
Mascera said:
This episode is so... "Down", "Dark", no matter how you mention it. Be careful, for positive-thinker out there. You might get into it. LOL
Subaru wants to run with Rem, and she reject it more or less. And he tell his "bad self" completely.

The episode was like

Subaru is now forever alone. memes should be out soon.

May 2011

Like seriously, FUCK emilia
Jul 31, 2016 11:33 AM

Jun 2014
"Waah waah my Rem x Subaru ship won't sail now waah waah!"

I will probably never ever, for the life of me, understand why people place so much significance on which 2 characters end up together. Sometimes I feel like SOME shippers aren't even watching for the story, they just want to see who they can pair with whom (notice I said SOME shippers, I know not all of them are like this). Anyone who now hates this series because of this episode, get over it, complaining won't change or fix anything.

Anyway, this was a great episode, some might think "oh the entire episode was just some lame conversation." But this conversation shows Subaru acknowledging his fuck ups throughout the show, and explains why he acted the way he did throughout the show. I think this episode is really for the people who would constantly call Subaru an idiot without even attempting to try and empathize with him to understand his sometimes questionable actions. Instead of complaining about a pointless pairing of 2 characters who aren't even real, why not applaud this episode for showing how Subaru has changed.

@Langley_Lu I noticed that too. I know some Japanese from when I took it in high school and I heard him say "Suki desu." For those who might not know, he should have said "DAIsuki desu" to mean love, so I'm not sure why the subs said "love" for "suki."
thebrentinator24Jul 31, 2016 11:38 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 31, 2016 11:33 AM
Aug 2009
It passed quite some time from my last crying while watching anime. This episode was awesome. Subaru finally acknowledged his fault and can become hero again. I can't wait for more.
Jul 31, 2016 11:34 AM
Dec 2013
Puck was scary as fuck.
Jun 2014
I just knew it, everything was progressing too perfectly, Subaru was never going to accept Rem's confession - he's far too obsessed with Emilia to see that the perfect girl is right in front of him. Anyway, we got some proper character development here - I'm surprised how entertaining an episode where 2 characters stand in one place and shout could end up being.

Mar 2011
Langley_Lu said:
In Japanese, here more like "I like Elima" but not "I love Elima". Love have different level by diifferent words in Japanese, I don't know why English sub translate it into "I love Elima".
No other words?

But he said "Emilia ga suki da"?
Jul 31, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2010
I guess we needed a whole episode of things we already know to make subaru stop crying from now on huh?

I guess it was good for people that care about romance, otherwise it was a fucking waste of time.
Jan 2016
REM IS FUCKING WAIFU OF THE LIFETIME T-T
how dare you reject her Subaru! Kill yourse- well that doesn't exactly work does it.....

Best episode of the entire anime so far I love all the heartbreak and heartwarming scenes back to back that we got <3

Sep 2014
Still expect people to complain about his character in the future even if he spell it out ELI5 style this ep.

Nov 2015
The dialogue was the most intense scene so far, it hit me right in the feels.Also Rem IS best girl...

Jul 2018
Why no one cares about Betelgeuse? He literally died lmao and he said the ordeal was complete. What does that even mean?
Jul 31, 2016 11:36 AM
Nov 2013
I'll be a jerk here and instead of awesome subaru-rem talk, i'll point out how i find it weird that puck had a contract (at least if i got things right) with emilia...if she ever dies, that he would destroy world......Am i understand something wrong here, or is that really not something that emilia would like never, EVER agree on......that, or she's not really a person we think she is all this time....
Jul 31, 2016 11:36 AM
Oct 2014
Great ep. Subaru's monologue was relatable af.
Jul 31, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
oh this episode is the title drop, definitely appropriate for what transpired

puck in the beginning was just as badass as expected, but i didn't expect him to say what he did before the world reset.

subaru looked so tired in this episode, the man's been through a lot of shit in the past month or so. i'm glad he was finally able to get all that off his chest, sometimes you just need to bitch and moan for awhile and let all those emotions out. really liked his part about what exactly it took for him to give up.

rem is by far the best character in this series, at least she's the most enjoyable, a little disappointed she got rejected in the end but to be fair she rejected him too so it all balances out. i still have to wonder where rem was last week, it's like they completely forgot to draw her or something, maybe she was off playing twister with kirito

edit: i should mention i really hope he doesn't have another reset after this episode well at the very least i don't want a reset to before these events, this is much needed development for rem and subaru's characters and i'd rather it not be omitted. at the very least i want this to be the new reset point.
alphastigma117Jul 31, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 31, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
Langley_Lu said:
No other words?

Doesnt really matter because he truly loves Emilia always
Jul 31, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
No words..... i just... gave a gentle clap... it's so... it's so... how can i even explain this episode?.... like seriously...

Jun 2015
Zocky said:
I'll be a jerk here and instead of awesome subaru-rem talk, i'll point out how i find it weird that puck had a contract (at least if i got things right) with emilia...if she ever dies, that he would destroy world......Am i understand something wrong here, or is that really not something that emilia would like never, EVER agree on......that, or she's not really a person we think she is all this time....

Sadly nothing will be explained in the anime as it is explained in the arc after the anime

Jan 2013
Entire episode full of Subaru stupid screaming.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 31, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2012
Oh man, Subaru totaly said what the haters hate about him !!

anyway I totally respect his character in this episode

"It's amazing that I can live like this and not feel ashamed!" - subaru

Didn't even notice that this episode is already finish before I check the time

I like the title "From Zero" hinting us let's give subaru a chance and see what would happen after/next :)
Jul 31, 2016 11:39 AM
Nov 2015
That was beautiful, even I have to admit that and I hate Re:Zero.
Jul 31, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2010
I liked how Subaru explained his own character lmao

Jul 2014
LOL the salt is so real i am loveing it !!!
anyway you wait serval episode more subaru just doesn't relazie he love rem as of now

Jul 2013
You guys have watched it way too early :0 Not even google has shown me episode 18 2 hours ago, heck not even 1 hour ago.
Jul 2016
Vacu0us said:
I CRIED WAY TOO MUCH

I'm dying after this episode. The tears. D:
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
-Sci said:
Oh man, Subaru totaly said what the haters hate about him !!

anyway I totally respect his character in this episode

"It's amazing that I can live like this and not feel ashamed!" - subaru

Didn't even notice that this episode is already finish before I check the time

I like the title "From Zero" hinting us let's give subaru a chance and see what would happen after/next :)

The thing is, people will continue to hate on him. And that's really low.
Jul 2016
kayTheFalcon said:
Langley_Lu said:
No other words?

Yes, "ga suki da" more like "favorate", but it still not love, if he really want to say "I love Emlia", he should say "a i shi te lu”, it is hard to explain because culture different.
"ga suki da"can use in many place, like your favorate food, sport and many thing, but when you want to said "real love" to one person, you should say "a i shi te lu"
Jul 31, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2016
-Subaru i love you <3
- Okay but i love Emilia , bye bye but can you help me ?

Bruh i wasn't ready x')

Jul 2014
kayTheFalcon said:
Mascera said:

The episode was like

Subaru is now forever alone. memes should be out soon.

Couldn't think of better way to descirbe it xDDD
Jan 2015
This episode seems like a really strong way-point into whatever happens next. I still think rem best girl. But it doesn't take away from the anime any. :P good stuff 5/5

May 2011
Ok, so for real, does anyone know that insert song during rem's scene, it's fucking lit

Aug 2013
So I was going into this episode with a completely different mindset of what was going to happen (More action and suffering) and I had hyped myself this entire past week because of the Light Novel readers saying this was an important episode and how they were advertising this in Japan and adding 1 Min and 30 Seconds to the episode.

Let me just say that was one of the most powerful dialogue heavy episodes of any anime I have ever seen. I actually think this was quite amazing and it fit perfectly. I didn't want Subaru to keep re-doing this loop and screwing up due to his character's flaws. What I got was some of the most heavy feeling dialogue scenes in a long time with an amazing OST track and amazing animation. It was making me tear up at parts and it was like being in a boxing match where I was constantly getting pummeled but never knocked out. Subaru admitting all of his flaws was flat out amazing and extremely unique in any anime and I felt heavy heavy sympathy for the guy. For all of his stupid actions and cringe-worthy lines he's had these past 6 episodes I think this episode just redeem's everything, it really is starting from Zero for Subaru (and Rem).

10/10, for a dialogue heavy episode they captured Subaru and Rem's feelings perfectly with an amazing OST to boot and of course their always great animation. The voice acting was on par as well, great great episode that is worth the hype.

"I thought this was a thread where people with unpopular opinions seek validation. Am I wrong?"

"That's pretty much the entirety of MAL forums tbh."

The most true statement on this damn site. ^
Jul 31, 2016 11:42 AM
Dec 2015
Wow I could not stand so much bs in just one episode. It pretty much consisted on Subaru crying and shouting and talking nonsense.

Mar 2011
Langley_Lu said:
kayTheFalcon said:

Yes, "ga suki da" more like "favorate", but it still not love, if he really want to say "I love Emlia", he should say "a i shi te lu”, it is hard to explain because culture different.
"ga suki da"can use in many place, like your favorate food, sport and many thing, but when you want to said "real love" to one person, you should say "a i shi te lu"

Ah makes sense. Thanks for the explanation :) !
Jul 2018
Puck is so badass!!!

Subaru is now self-aware!

Jul 2011
IZEROII said:
Best girl is right in front of you!!! You son of a bitch!!!!

Damn fine episode.
IZEROII said:
Best girl is right in front of you!!! You son of a bitch!!!!

Damn fine episode.

agreed like how do you feel ok just flatout rejecting her after wanting to run away with her and make her take care of him. 🔪
Jul 31, 2016 11:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was some godly voice acting if I ever saw it. Can't imagine what it must've been like to record all that

I can't help but feel like most people would fall in love with Rem more than linger over Emilia after a conversation like that but oh well

One of the best dialogues I've seen in anime really
Jul 31, 2016 11:43 AM
Jun 2016
This is episode is bad. The screen was so blurry, how can they expect us to watch an episode with tears constantly falling down? I cried for what? 20 minutes. That title drop was the highlight of the episode. I cried the hardest there. First, Tokyo Ghoul: re gives us a spectacular title drop then Re:zero follows with another spectacular title drop.
Pages (37) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

65 by ImHereForTheMeme »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

723 by AnimatedAddict »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

698 by AnimatedAddict »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

1093 by AnimatedAddict »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

526 by AnimatedAddict »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.