Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 1, 2016 7:24 AM

Sep 2014
Man, I'm really liking this Anime now! Kakeru and Naho's developing relationship is just DELISH. The past might not change, but that doesn't mean I won't get emotional and stuff. Impending sadness coming! Hopefully no overdone melodrama.
Aug 1, 2016 8:37 AM

May 2010
maisieb973 said:
TragicRomance said:
I am really glad future Naho wrote about Suwa for once, makes me appreciate her. He's a great guy who helps his crush get with the guy she loves (the girl who might be his possible future wife even in this future) How many people can do that? Not many I think.
Honestly I don't want Naho to end up with Kakeru. He's nice, the chemistry is nice and I want him to be saved, but srsly. Suwa is much more likable. Not that Kakeru isn't, but Suwa is the guy for Naho.

Agreed!! I love Kakeru and I'm rooting for him and Naho but part of me feels that if future Naho is actually able to choose between Kakeru and Suwa in the future she'll choose Suwa - I think future Naho is sad and hung up on Kakeru she was never able to find out what could happen between them, but if he lives then she could choose Suwa and be happy in the knowledge that she tried both options and made the best choice.

I feel. Tbh if the past changed to the extent that Naho chose Kakeru over Suwa (despite Suwa being her ... true route (?) then that would be just merciless. I don't think the past should change that much. Just Kakeru getting saved is good enough.
Aug 1, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Kakeru even said he'd fall for Suwa so the three of them should just ALL be together. Problem solved.
Aug 1, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2015
Azachi said:
i really liked this episode, tho i'm not sure time travel would be a topic in high school, but it's plot-relevant so why the hell not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it explains why nothing seemed to change in the future. i wonder if we'll get an explanation for how exactly did the letters reach the past

as others pointed out, Naho's being kinda shit to best boy Suwa by writing the letters to bring herself and Kakeru together. can't they just share Naho and everyone would be happy?

i didn't think Ueda was this lowly.. she would've probably broken the hairpin but thankfully Suwa (srsly he's best boi) came to the rescue again \(^▽^)/ Naho must have super thin skin if she got bruises from slapping a girl's hand away

this anime makes me feel things and i'm waiting anxiously for the reveal of Kakeru's reason for suicide

Don't worry, one of the chapters is told from Kakeru's POV in the world of future Naho, and it is easily the best chapter of the series. It will make your anxious waiting entirely worth it. I cannot wait to see it adapted, it's what I'm waiting for the most actually.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
Suwa is basically the Rem of this series and I love him all the more for it. Best waifu.
Aug 1, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
CC9ers said:
Azachi said:
i really liked this episode, tho i'm not sure time travel would be a topic in high school, but it's plot-relevant so why the hell not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it explains why nothing seemed to change in the future. i wonder if we'll get an explanation for how exactly did the letters reach the past

as others pointed out, Naho's being kinda shit to best boy Suwa by writing the letters to bring herself and Kakeru together. can't they just share Naho and everyone would be happy?

i didn't think Ueda was this lowly.. she would've probably broken the hairpin but thankfully Suwa (srsly he's best boi) came to the rescue again \(^▽^)/ Naho must have super thin skin if she got bruises from slapping a girl's hand away

this anime makes me feel things and i'm waiting anxiously for the reveal of Kakeru's reason for suicide

Don't worry, one of the chapters is told from Kakeru's POV in the world of future Naho, and it is easily the best chapter of the series. It will make your anxious waiting entirely worth it. I cannot wait to see it adapted, it's what I'm waiting for the most actually.

That's what I'm waiting for! That episode is going to be the one to break me, I know it.
Aug 1, 2016 11:54 AM

Sep 2013
atsushi-kunn said:
Talon184 said:
This show is drawing me in more and more! I love the complex relationships forming between Naho and Kakeru as well as between Naho and Suwa. It seems her future self isn't looking to switch to a relationship with Kakeru but, rather, to just save his life. That makes sense to me. In the future, she has a child with Suwa and the biggest problem I've had with the show up to this point is that the baby's existence would be wiped out if she negated her marriage with Suwa in favor of pursuing a relationship with Kakeru. I can't believe Naho is the sort of person who would let that happen! So, it looks like love will blossom between Naho and Kakeru just long enough to save his life...and then it'll be Suwa from there on....but I guess I'll have to wait and see!!!

That baby already exists in the other world, so why do we need it again?

It's not that we need the baby again. I'm just looking at it from a 'Back to the Future' point of view. If she changes her past, her child may never be born. That's something that most parents won't risk. She doesn't have proof that alternate worlds will be created as a result of her actions. That was just a theory she heard as a teenager in a high school science class. I don't think she'd assume that changing her past would have no effect on her baby. I think she'd do whatever she could to make sure that, while Kakeru survives, her marriage to Suwa and their resulting child are not put in jeopardy.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 1, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2016
Suwa absolute best boy
Aug 1, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2011
CC9ers said:
Azachi said:

i'm gonna cry right? :( i don't know if i can wait for it to be animated or just go and read the manga now
Aug 1, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2016
I liked the episode but the time travel stuff has me worried. I am kinda worried that the ending to the show is basically going to be a BS ending were the central theme of said ending is basically going to be that there are multiple time lines.

Aug 1, 2016 2:06 PM
Feb 2013
I've been a Kakeru x Naho shipper from the beginning. It might be because of the manga, but honestly I feel like they fit so well together. I don't really understand people saying that Kakeru hasn't done anything for Naho? Suwa might be the one to help her in pinches, but Kakeru seems really to understand her. He'll approach her with questions that no one else does and he'll let her in on the more personal matters of his life.

That being said, this series is really hard to accept due to the fact that both MC guys are so nice! (especially Suwa actually). Somehow, I don't really think Suwa and Naho fits together that well though. Might be due to Suwa's "loud"/cheerful personality.
Aug 1, 2016 2:11 PM
Feb 2015
Talon184 said:
atsushi-kunn said:

That baby already exists in the other world, so why do we need it again?

It's not that we need the baby again. I'm just looking at it from a 'Back to the Future' point of view. If she changes her past, her child may never be born. That's something that most parents won't risk. She doesn't have proof that alternate worlds will be created as a result of her actions. That was just a theory she heard as a teenager in a high school science class. I don't think she'd assume that changing her past would have no effect on her baby. I think she'd do whatever she could to make sure that, while Kakeru survives, her marriage to Suwa and their resulting child are not put in jeopardy.

Hmm, now I understand what you mean more. But I do highly belive in parallel worlds, because in the "future" the baby is already there, so most likely when the past changes (no baby), there's gonna be a new future without a baby, while the other world still has one.
Anyway sorry for any misunderstandings ^^
Aug 1, 2016 2:13 PM

Sep 2013
Has it ever occurred to Naho that if her past actions/regrets are changed, maybe her future happiness(?) will definitely change???? Is she betting against her regret vs. Suwa and her child???

More drama and focusing on Suwa's gentleness towards Naho. Somehow, i'm glad Naho only sees him as a friend, coz he's wasted on her. Naho unknowingly hurting him and still thanking him. Anyone can see Suwa is encouraging them coz of Naho's desire, not his, maybe their friends understood this and warned Suwa to think for his own desire.
Aug 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2016
Suwa is my spirit animal tbh
Aug 1, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Azachi said:
CC9ers said:

i'm gonna cry right? :( i don't know if i can wait for it to be animated or just go and read the manga now

Well the chapter in question is chapter 19, so it will be awhile until it gets animated sadly, considering that 6 chapters have been adapted thus far I think. If you want to read then go ahead, you can even just read chapter 19 without reading the rest of the manga if you wanted since it is entirely Kakeru's POV in regards to the past events that have already happened in future Naho's world, so you won't really be spoiling yourself in regards to anything that will happen in current Naho's world. Up to you though, just know that you'll definitely cry (well, 99% chance at least).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 3:13 PM

Feb 2015
Future Naho is a real cunt what's more important your dead crush or the person your married to and your kid.
Aug 1, 2016 4:18 PM

Feb 2016
not going to offend anyone, glad that someone actually enjoys this but i dont, so i decided to drop it

reasons: time machine thingy seemed weird, also MC said something really dumb, how the hell if you cant change other parallel worlds, why would you mind that? the idea is saving him in your actual world, not in other world, lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 1, 2016 4:21 PM

Feb 2016
CrossfitJesus said:
Future Naho is a real cunt what's more important your dead crush or the person your married to and your kid.

ikr? it doesnt make sense, and the letter is kinda dumb, first trying to get closer to Kakeru, then we get to get closer to Suwa, what is this? forcing a love triangle? wtf
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 1, 2016 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
I feel really bad for Suwa, hes getting screwed really hard here and his friends are a bunch of assholes.
Aug 1, 2016 8:11 PM
Feb 2014
Suwa!!!!!! My dude
Dokia
Aug 1, 2016 8:43 PM

Mar 2015
ngl I would totally rather date Suwa than Kakeru... love me that caring type, not the broody dark-haired. Suwa is my official husbando at this point tbh

Aug 1, 2016 11:23 PM
Aug 2011
Even the characters notice how amazing Suwa is and yet he will still remain in their shadows to some extent.
Can he just ditch them all and come live with me instead?
Aug 1, 2016 11:45 PM

Apr 2014
I thought the episode was really sweet especially at the end when Suwa was tearing up I wonder what his plan is, to wait it out maybe and see if they break up so he can step in?
and I really like the animation in this anime I can't really put my finger on why and the atmosphere of the show is really true to its name
Aug 2, 2016 6:38 AM
Sep 2014
So what if in this parallel world things change and
Aug 2, 2016 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
For some reason that class reminded me of Steins Gate.

Nice episode, I like how Naho's and Kakeru's relationship develop, but seriously; when will one of them confess already? and I actually feel a bit sad for Suwa, he's always looking after her but Kakeru is the only one in Naho's mind, I guess that future marriage wasn't really of genuine love.
Aug 2, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
With every new episode i feel so bad about Suwa, i have a feeling that if Naho saves Kakeru, Suwa will die instead :/
I can't believe she never saw how he looks at her.
Ueda-senpai showed how much a bi*** she is.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 2, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2015
science teacher has a slight facial resemblance of okabe
Aug 2, 2016 4:43 PM

Jun 2013
Really great episode! Probably the best so far.
Aug 2, 2016 5:29 PM

Aug 2010
Suwa, what a bro. Hard not to love him. Despite the show keeping him somewhat in the sidelines he continues to steal the spotlight.
Aug 2, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Suwa is the man!!!!
Aug 2, 2016 9:44 PM

May 2015
I liked this episode. I feel like Naho is slowly growing out of her shyness, which is great. Nano and Kakeru’s moments were sweet, especially the hairpin scene. Suwa is a great guy.

I thought the teacher lesson about “time travel” came out of nowhere, tbh....
I guess we can infer that there are 2 parallel universes in this series: the universe where Kakeru dies (timeline-B), and the universe where Naho is trying to change that from happening (timeline-A). For some reason young Naho (timeline-A) received a letter from older Naho (timeline-B) via some kind of anomaly.

Quality took a dip during some scenes; a shame really, but whatever...

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Aug 3, 2016 4:35 AM
May 2016
Suwa your the man! Interesting time travel class. Looking forward for the next episode.
Aug 3, 2016 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
Ereganusu said:
Ueda is an evil vile little slut. I'm overjoyed Kakeru dumped her whore ass.

Nobody is discussing about new possibilities though! Kakeru himself said he could fall for Suwa = Suwa x Kakeru? I hope there're parallel timelines in which this happens (R18 doujins.... ahem).
Ueda might be evil, but I wonder if it has a lot to do with the hierarchy mentality that's pervasive in the Japanese lifestyle? I've seen this in many other animes also where the lower grades MUST submit to the upperclassmen. Of course that wouldn't go over very well in the US.

Here's one thing I've been noticing.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedAug 3, 2016 7:22 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 3, 2016 5:55 AM

Jun 2013
whao they're talking about multiverse and time travel! and that rock song as weird it made no sence lol and Ueda is such a bitch
Aug 3, 2016 7:52 AM
Jul 2016
i'm torn now. I want her so save and be with Kakeru in this universe but Suwa is just to adorable. STEP IT UP NARUSE!
Aug 3, 2016 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
I hope the time travel talk doesn't end up being used as some kind of stupid cop-out to change everything if Kakeru's fate isn't changed. Also, future Naho is very demanding now; she wants present Naho to change the future but wants certain memories to stay, and she obviously wants present Naho to go out with Kakeru but also wants her to consider and appreciate Suwa. It's not exactly fair on present Naho, is it?

Also, the production values have really fallen through the floor, haven't they?
Aug 3, 2016 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
ronpdee said:

I felt relieved that they're doing two chapters per episode now!

So basically we'll see the whole manga adapted <3
Aug 3, 2016 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
As a mnaga reader...If you think Suwa is the best...just wait to see some chapter animated. He is the best of bro's. ;3 That guy is genuinely good and I think everyone here is focusing on his feelings for Naho... while its just not only that. He genuinely also likes Kakeru. He is the kind of guy that will sacrifice his happiness for his friends without blinking. That's why I love him the most.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 3, 2016 6:38 PM
Jul 2016
I'm feeling really bad for Suwa ; _ :. He is the sweetest character in the whole anime, and I'm anxious to see how much he will be able to endure, the pression to support a person you love with someone else.
And Naho... WHY SHE IS SO BLUNT?????????? SHE IS LIKE A WALL. I read about other ppl saying that she is doing everything to help blossom love between her and Kakeru and after will switch for Suwa. I disagree, it's obvious that she and Suwa being a couple in the future is just because Kakeru is dead.
I pity on suwa...
Aug 4, 2016 12:27 AM
Sep 2013
I wish I had someone like Suwa to take care of me! he's so freaking adorable!
Aug 4, 2016 1:00 AM
Dec 2009
simonli2575 said:
Ein said:

Where did you get that from?
At the very least I remember Steins;Gate being mentioned in the PV.

Well I don't know who wrote what, but that teacher...you can't tell me he doesn't remind you guys of Okabe @.@

Oh. Here's something they have in common: "Hamasaki, Hiroshi - Director, Episode Director, Storyboard, Key Animation"

--- --- ---

participant_no_5 said:
simonli2575 said:
Kinda reminds me that the writer wrote Steins;Gate as well.
Speaking of Steins;Gate, the teacher kinda looks like Hououin Kyouma xD

ikr lol
yue5000Aug 4, 2016 1:06 AM
Aug 4, 2016 6:18 AM
Dec 2015
I wonder who she's going to end up with at the end of the series!! So nervous for the outcome but I believe it will be kakeru. Love the series
Aug 4, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2014
WintermuteCZ said:
As far as cinematography goes, I think they are doing a really good job. Some scenes look genuinely beautiful and the composition and the camera can be really interesting.

The little moment when they are walking from their time travel lesson, Naho is thinking about the possibility of a different past and then Suwa walks into the frame was absolutely perfect.

Yeah, the cinematography is quite nice, especially if you pay attention how there's a distance between the characters, for example Kakeru always being in the lead and Naho always at a distance behind him.
The contrasting colours and the wide, high and low angle shots making the characters look vulnerable, for example in this episode, the close-up shot to Naho showing her happy emotion and then after the letter scene is over, the camera transition to a high angle shot as if it's looking down on the character and making Naho feel vulnerable or worried.
Then there's the low angle shot, which creates a distance between us, the viewers and the characters themself, along with other objects being in the foreground and the characters being in the background, so, it's quite a nice touch.
Aug 4, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2015
If Suwa doesn't get the girl, I'll cry.
I noticed multiple stock bullies in recent anime, is that a new trend?
Parrallel universes? Sounds like a great plot excuse to have Naho end up with both guys.
Aug 4, 2016 11:52 AM
Dec 2013
Right in the kokoro ;u; tears of joy
Aug 4, 2016 12:27 PM

Feb 2015
I have a complicated feelings about this episode. there is only one, that bully scene. tbh, i don't want to see that. heck i even pause the video for a sec. really hard for me to watch bully scene like that but i like that because it was being realistic. but in the end, fiction is still a fiction. someone will eventually help him/her. in real life, almost 1 in 100 chances, no one would even helped a person being bullied in a place where there are almost no people around. so, i'm glad that someone actually helped her but at the same time, it kinda ruined the realisticness for me in that scene.

I wonder what will happen if she got bullied and no one helped her....
cause most of all in real life, what i saw, a person after got bullied always do something crazy like suicide for the worst scenario. if not, they rejected reality...so i'm kinda curious what she will do if they got bullied....

put that aside, it's kinda funny for a teacher to talk about time travel with black hole , singularity, space time, law of physics and such....better put that conversation in Monogatari series and it would looked more enteratining and way more interesting rather than putting that topic in this show i think lol xD let ougi explain everything

and for the romance; i don't see nothing wrong AND nothing impressive in it. just okay so far imo. just gonna be honest, it's still going classic. but it doesn't mean i don't like it. i'm enjoying it so far too.....

looking foward to the next episode....
bitch slut these days sure is acting more like an asshole day after day...
Aug 4, 2016 1:35 PM
Aug 2013
Suwa is a true bro.
Aug 5, 2016 2:46 AM
Jun 2016
TragicRomance said:
maisieb973 said:

Agreed!! I love Kakeru and I'm rooting for him and Naho but part of me feels that if future Naho is actually able to choose between Kakeru and Suwa in the future she'll choose Suwa - I think future Naho is sad and hung up on Kakeru she was never able to find out what could happen between them, but if he lives then she could choose Suwa and be happy in the knowledge that she tried both options and made the best choice.

I feel. Tbh if the past changed to the extent that Naho chose Kakeru over Suwa (despite Suwa being her ... true route (?) then that would be just merciless. I don't think the past should change that much. Just Kakeru getting saved is good enough.

Agreed :~) I wonder how the whole black hole parallel universe thing will come into it tho - will there be only one true route or multiple? Hmm
Aug 5, 2016 2:52 AM

May 2010
maisieb973 said:
TragicRomance said:

Agreed :~) I wonder how the whole black hole parallel universe thing will come into it tho - will there be only one true route or multiple? Hmm

I personally like the theory that you must lose something in order to gain something if you want to change the past. If they are gonna save Kakeru, they should sacrifice something of equal importance to keep an equilibrium(then again, this is just how I think time-travel should work)
Aug 5, 2016 5:01 AM

Aug 2013
We Steins;Gate now.

Hopefully the parallel worlds thing works like that within this series, I really like Kakeru x Naho but I'd hate to break up future Suwa x Naho.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.