Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 30, 2016 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
MozillaFennekin said:
>two-episode fight
>ends with a joint attack
>slow-motion charge with choppy movement
>cuts to still-frames of the other students without showing the attack or the enemy it's used on

Sasuga, A-1.

Yeah, the top guys at A-1 totally are directing the show.

Anyway, it's impossible to tell if the characters are going to be "generic". Right now, I can only say they are plain. Generic is the wrong word. They just need more development.
TyrelJul 31, 2016 12:14 AM
Jul 30, 2016 3:57 PM

Aug 2011
Anathor said:

Not to mention the slideshow that was the last part of the fight...

Not all studio can produce a slide show animation. Sasuga A1
Jul 30, 2016 4:02 PM

Jan 2016
Kirigaro92 said:
Seriously wtf was that at the end?
PD: you can see the water turning red on the spot the thing hit, If Canaria is alive it would be a giant plot armor, cross ange style

I had to go take a look again because I hadn't even noticed XD From the looks of it... Either the creature is still there and a part of it is sticking out of the water... or Canaria is pretty much dead and that's one of her limbs floating up to the surface...
Jul 30, 2016 4:04 PM

Mar 2010
That was pretty sudden. I was expecting a collapse, kidnap, demonic possession or pretty much anything but a giant rock(or whatever that is) to fall on her. Just when I thought thinks would normalize a bit. Also what's up with not showing the final move? Everyone is looking for that. They didn't even show the giant guy torn into pieces. Such a lazy animation.
Jul 30, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2016
Me: *Watching the ending* Aw! Finally! A confession! *giant black thing comes crashing down on Canaria* ... Well that escalated quickly...
Jul 30, 2016 4:19 PM

Jul 2015
NeonStarrzzify said:
Kirigaro92 said:
PD: you can see the water turning red on the spot the thing hit, If Canaria is alive it would be a giant plot armor, cross ange style

I had to go take a look again because I hadn't even noticed XD From the looks of it... Either the creature is still there and a part of it is sticking out of the water... or Canaria is pretty much dead and that's one of her limbs floating up to the surface...

Wasnt that her beret? And the darkening of the water is the blood i guess.
Jul 30, 2016 4:21 PM

Jan 2016
NeonStarrzzify said:
Kirigaro92 said:

I watched that part probably a dozen times and I can't tell wtf it is. I thought it was going to be here floating up but let be serious the way that hit she is in pieces or mush underneath that thing. There's no way that could be blood, well I don't think anyways. Looks like something in the water. If I had to guess someone came and grabbed her at the last second and that thing that poppped up is a dead "unknown" that was following them.

NeonStarrzzify said:
Me: *Watching the ending* Aw! Finally! A confession! *giant black thing comes crashing down on Canaria* ... Well that escalated quickly...

I was thinking the same thing. I know that's what she was going to say-leave it to some random meteor/slash Giant black Rock to screw that up.

If she is truly dead I have lost all interest in this show. I like the two sibling pairings, without them I really don't care for the show too much. Both pairings seem to have a more intimate relationship than they should it seems. Canaria more than the other pair.

Please come back Canaria lol
Jul 30, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2016
ymene said:
NeonStarrzzify said:

Wasnt that her beret? And the darkening of the water is the blood i guess.

After watching it a few more times that's what it seems to be. Not the best animation, the way it sits it's a pretty big cliffhanger.
Jul 30, 2016 4:31 PM

Mar 2014

best anime of this season. i can see this show is trying so hard to surpass mahou sensou
Jul 30, 2016 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
I think I just watch this show for the soundtrack. That ending was kinda Aldnoah level. Anyways, gotta love rushed development.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 30, 2016 5:55 PM
Nov 2015
Dat slap

(I would screenshot but I have stuff to do) --->

Strange episode with lots of 'character development' 2/5
Jul 30, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2009
:O
I'm gonna be real after she ended up feeling fine in the hospital I didn't except her to go out like that. Damn, on the one hand her dying (if she really did just die) will make for some good drama and further character developing on Icchan's part (or actually maybe a regression because he already changed) but on the other hand if she dies I won't get to hear that lovely OST anymore. What a dilemma.

Anyway I'm still really liking this show--despite the obviously flaws
Jul 30, 2016 6:05 PM

May 2010
Inugirlz said:
:O
I'm gonna be real after she ended up feeling fine in the hospital I didn't except her to go out like that. Damn, on the one hand her dying (if she really did just die) will make for some good drama and further character developing on Icchan's part (or actually maybe a regression because he already changed) but on the other hand if she dies I won't get to hear that lovely OST anymore. What a dilemma.

Anyway I'm still really liking this show.

Wont be much charters left to develop is she dies. Only decent one and that ost being gone will kill the mood for future episode. I wonder will future episode give an answer or will it be like an arc for one question. Really curious how that thing got so close undetected anyway.
Jul 30, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2016
Can we just acknowledge how atrocious the animation was...
Jul 30, 2016 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
"generic" ... The comments here are even funnier, because if that anime was a harem, nobody would complain about the story or the battle animation, and everyone would praise the truly generic boob jiggles.

Jokes aside, I'm still going to stick with it, as long as it's not unwatchably bad.
After rewatching the scene, I think some monster chomped clean Canaria, the bridge, and even the ground is shaped like a smooth half-tunnel. There IS blood, I don't know how some people here can feel insecure and claim it's only darkening. There is no way it was just a rock, she's not going to survive. I still have no idea how they went into the no-entry zone though.
Jul 30, 2016 6:53 PM

Sep 2013
I was close to dropping this because of last week and most of today's episode. Especially since the defeat of the giant Unknown was STILLS. Seriously, who wants to watch a boss that needs 3 different armies from 3 different cities to be defeated in a still shot?

Imagine fucking Aizen from Bleach or Father from FMAB lose in still shots? That would piss me off to no end. Save the still shots for the small fry.

Anyways, Ichiya sorta redeemed himself a little when he recognized his mistakes, working as a team and by planning to ask for a demotion...only to let Canaria know he's gonna overtake her soon anyways. Arrogant prick is still arrogant.

I would've dropped this today if it wasn't for the soundtrack, Maihime being adorable and that cliffhanger. So this series is safe for one more week.

Jul 30, 2016 7:04 PM

Oct 2012
Seen that one coming
Jul 30, 2016 7:09 PM

Dec 2014
A moment of silence for Canaria.
WTH with that she dead now? i hope it was a joke, she just get hurt only.
Cliffhanger again.
Jul 30, 2016 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, that ending was rather weird and it seems more like A-1 Pictures is declining on the animation department, which is rather very weird as fuck with the exception of maybe a few shows, mostly they would have nice budget to cover at least a bit of it, but it seems like they hired some pretty newb animation directors or key animators to make this.

I thought the episode was fine though, I did enjoyed it for the characters though.
Jul 30, 2016 8:02 PM

Feb 2016
Ichiya is about to turn into another emo Shu.
Jul 30, 2016 8:16 PM

Jan 2014
So things got moderately better, MC learns the art of cooperation and non-self centeredness and then when all was supposed to be good..........WHAM random thing suddenly "eats" up Canaria and whatever solid material was on there. She so seriously cannot be off'd but her being removed (for what I believe a substantial amount of time) will put on quite the hindrances, for the MCs will no longer have their buffer. I bet she will live, I mean that confession cannot end like that, but.....oh lord this was so sudden.
Jul 30, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
CodeHiyari said:

Pls no. Not Shu. Never Shu. Watch him go blind too -.-
Jul 30, 2016 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
best finishing move evur..
he makes the sword heavier with his gravity magic, even the frame become so heavy that it became stand still.. really?

and wtf is that ending.. why the author hate Canaria so much haha
Jul 30, 2016 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
And when I was discouraged with the whole cliche plot of this episode, with the thought of "united we stand" (for more rough it was, I was enjoying the Ichiya's personality), and the animation that left to be desired, then there is a plot twist, and Canaria disappears from view of Ichiya, I look forward to see what happened to her and how Ichiya will act from now on ..

Jul 30, 2016 8:45 PM

Apr 2010
I'm actually genuinely interested in how much worse this show can get.
Jul 30, 2016 9:19 PM

May 2016
OMFG. What happened at the end?

If Canaria is done for.. I'm done with this show.
Jul 30, 2016 9:21 PM

Jul 2014
The final attack with 0 animation was 10/10 and although I like Canaria, the last scene was too funny xDDDDDDD. I mean WTF dude I hope she's still alive, i don't want to drop the show.
Jul 30, 2016 9:23 PM

Sep 2011
The last few seconds pretty much encapsulated my feelings about this series. Let's hope she actually stays dead - maybe it will lead to something interesting.
Jul 30, 2016 9:46 PM

Feb 2015
I recognize this show as my guilty pleasure this season. Something I realize is not good, but still enjoy.
Jul 30, 2016 10:00 PM

Feb 2016
Inugirlz said:
CodeHiyari said:

Pls no. Not Shu. Never Shu. Watch him go blind too -.-

But Shu never went blind .3.
Jul 30, 2016 10:10 PM

May 2015
"THUS THE EDGELORD HAS BEEN BORN!"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2016 11:23 PM
Jan 2014
i dint even under stand how that works.. any1 care to explain why she got hit with a random rock?

also canaria was the onlu good thing to this series so if she dies im done with it.
Jul 30, 2016 11:26 PM

May 2016
Kibbleru said:
i dint even under stand how that works.. any1 care to explain why she got hit with a random rock?

also canaria was the onlu good thing to this series so if she dies im done with it.

Exactly. I literally shouted "WHAT THE @#$%"
I hope she doesn't. But god, that's a lot of blood and I saw her beret floating at the end :(
Jul 30, 2016 11:27 PM
May 2013
Everything was wrong with this episode...
The art was horrible as Hell ...
1 slap in the face was all the punishment the MC got for almost getting his team killed by disobeying orders ? Not to mention he got to take part in the Counter Offence and lead it ??
Canaria joining the battle just after waking up from a life threatening injury and her team allowing it?
I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some sort of bullshit and let Canaria survive that last attack..
Oh, and again, THE ART WAS HORRIBLE !!!
Jul 30, 2016 11:57 PM

Jan 2016
Its episode 4 and they already ran out of budget. Very dissapointing animation is this a 2006 animation ?
Jul 31, 2016 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
What in the actual fuck did they do to the animation LOL? It took such a turn from the previous episodes. So many stills in the episode that were not needed and they had terrible art on it with outta placed guns, faces, etc. Definitely the worst episode of the show so far.

...And that ending? What the actual hell.

Senpaoi said:
MozillaFennekin said:
>two-episode fight
>ends with a joint attack
>slow-motion charge with choppy movement
>cuts to still-frames of the other students without showing the attack or the enemy it's used on

Sasuga, A-1.

Anyway, it's impossible to tell if the characters are going to be "generic". Right now, I can only say they are plain. Generic is the wrong word. They just need more development.

It's being produced by A-1, and like all other anime produced by A-1, their quality drops drastically after a few episodes in. This one is no different. I don't see how your unneeded insult, which was removed, was needed.
TyrelJul 31, 2016 12:16 AM
Jul 31, 2016 12:25 AM

Apr 2009
Kin088 said:
Everything was wrong with this episode...
The art was horrible as Hell ...
1 slap in the face was all the punishment the MC got for almost getting his team killed by disobeying orders ? Not to mention he got to take part in the Counter Offence and lead it ??
Canaria joining the battle just after waking up from a life threatening injury and her team allowing it?
I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some sort of bullshit and let Canaria survive that last attack..
Oh, and again, THE ART WAS HORRIBLE !!!
hmm ..... i guess ur right and to be precise i want Canaria die so i could regain my freedom from moe
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 31, 2016 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
Tyrel said:
What in the actual fuck did they do to the animation LOL? It took such a turn from the previous episodes. So many stills in the episode that were not needed and they had terrible art on it with outta placed guns, faces, etc. Definitely the worst episode of the show so far.

Senpaoi said:

It's being produced by A-1, and like all other anime produced by A-1, their quality drops drastically after a few episodes in. This one is no different. I don't see how your unneeded insult, which was removed, was needed.

Do you realize how idiotic it is to generalize the quality of anime based on studios..? There's actual people working you know, not the "studio".
Jul 31, 2016 12:52 AM

Jun 2016
the ending made me lol. this show is pretty bad so far tbh, but not bad enough to drop, yet
Scream!
Jul 31, 2016 1:06 AM

Sep 2011
Senpaoi said:
Tyrel said:

Do you realize how idiotic it is to generalize the quality of anime based on studios..? There's actual people working you know, not the "studio".
It's not idiotic at all. A-1 is the animation studio. Everything ties in to one another. Letting something like this go through is absolutely shameful.
Jul 31, 2016 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
Tyrel said:
Senpaoi said:

It's not idiotic at all. A-1 is the animation studio. Everything ties in to one another. Letting something like this go through is absolutely shameful.

The director is the one that hires the supervisors and goes over the script and such. The heads of A-1 Pictures have nothing to do with it. They're not going to throw it out anyway.
Jul 31, 2016 1:13 AM

Sep 2011
Senpaoi said:
Tyrel said:

The director is the one that hires the supervisors and goes over the script and such. The heads of A-1 Pictures have nothing to do with it. They're not going to throw it out anyway.
They should because they almost gave symphogear a run for its money.
Jul 31, 2016 1:59 AM
Feb 2015
So the black shadowy thing wasn't please with the confession and decide to end things in its own way.

Well now that it comes to this, stay dead Canaria, stay dead.
Jul 31, 2016 2:18 AM

Nov 2009
That was some very bland character development for Ikkun. EVen thought the premise looked interesting at first, my hopes for this series are vanishing fast.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 31, 2016 4:25 AM
Mar 2016
too see him change from one moment to the other is soo unrealistic... I know that girl is very important to him, but I would have prefered it, if we could have seen that he struggles a little to co-oparate with others...
but the end was good and suprised me
Jul 31, 2016 4:26 AM

Jun 2013
the ost is good as usual but damn that cliffhanger
Jul 31, 2016 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
That last attack gave me flashbacks of Wizard Barristers...
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Jul 31, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2014
Pwahahahaha OMG when she got hit at the end I flipped out
I mean she gets hit at the end of 2 eps in a row
I dont know if that was extreamely sad or funny
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 31, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2014
Pwahahahaha OMG when she got hit at the end I flipped out
I mean she gets hit at the end of 2 eps in a row
I dont know if that was extreamely sad or funny
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 31, 2016 4:45 AM

Jun 2015
Senpaoi said:
Tyrel said:

This is not complicated. A-1 Pictures is credited for making this. They put their name and label on it. They are simply "A-1 Pictures." Not "A few people at A-1 Pictures."
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

104 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.