Forum Settings
Forums

Would it be great if all romance just vanish?

New
Jul 26, 2016 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Including the romance genre, it will be great it were just to vanish. even little pieces of romance (fairy tail and heck, even school days) All of the ecchi anime i can watch, i dont have to be angry anymore. all action would be just now be killing and violence almost every episode, and as for sports... well, i rather see a person love for playing any specific kind of sports than person loving a another person.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2016 7:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
why? theres people that like the genre and its popular, therefore theres no reason for it to go or be reduced..... and that applies to everything
Jul 26, 2016 7:17 PM
Jul 2016
i find that when done lightly, romance can really be the topping of the cake. in a show like corpse party, tortured souls, the romance bit did wonders in ensuring a jaw-dropping finale. this is coz it was only through the light love hinting that the characters became relatable and right before you begin to find hope, the finale hits you.
Jul 26, 2016 7:17 PM

Apr 2014
shut up dont talk to me
angry while watch anime u do wrong ok
happy enjoy spread all the love
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Jul 26, 2016 7:18 PM

Jul 2015
Hell no, some romance anime is great, and well done romance subplots are one of the things I love the most.
Jul 26, 2016 7:19 PM

Oct 2014
This is what is known as "homicidal thoughts". Although it rarely leads to actual murder, you may want to see a psychologist about it mainly to cure yourself of the delusion that everyone else is also like this. Alternatively, you could stick to watching horror and battle seinen and ignore any shipbait and light romance that may be present. Romance is a good thing, but if you don't see it that may it doesn't mean you're an insane person who should be safely disposed of nor does it make you a higher life form, it just means that your tastes are vastly different from the general public and should seek out anime that fit your needs.

TL;DR: no
Jul 26, 2016 7:21 PM

Mar 2016
It's one of the most popular genres, so I'm betting that most people would disagree with you. Also, if there was no romance, then people would run out of ideas for anime really fast.
Friend me for more:OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI
Jul 26, 2016 7:21 PM

May 2016
Lol, why? It would be understandable that you wanted forced or stupid romance plots to disappear, but why all romance? xD
Jul 26, 2016 7:22 PM
Jan 2015
If you don't like romance, then don't watch it, simple as that.
My Queens

Jul 26, 2016 7:23 PM

Jan 2016
Yea romance anime is pretty garbage I agree it should vanish.
Jul 26, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2016
*sigh*.........

Sasuga rebornnora the semi-psychopath...

Seriously, there's plenty of ecchis without romance...

"Would it be great if all romance just vanish?", come one, I'm preety sure you knew what most people would answer the moment you thinked of it...Or are you that much self-centered?
HyperLJul 26, 2016 7:36 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 26, 2016 7:28 PM
Oct 2015
This is such blatant bait but oh well.

*OP's favorite animes all have romance in it one way or another*

Ok then
Jul 26, 2016 7:32 PM

May 2016
Nache said:
This is such blatant bait but oh well.

*OP's favorite animes all have romance in it one way or another*

Ok then

Not really, I think he's for real...What renornnora likes is not romance, he loves ecchi, but hates all kinds of romance...Just happens most ecchis have a romance subplot...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 26, 2016 7:33 PM

Oct 2015
But why..?
Romance is quite an interesting thing if used as a sub-plot in some anime. Character interactions are a great thing. There's no reason for them not to exist.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jul 26, 2016 7:39 PM

Jul 2015
Maybe a violent spinoff of the romance anime would suit both parties best. Or a romantic spinoff to a violent anime. For instance, Higurashi/Higurashi Kira
Jul 26, 2016 7:40 PM

Apr 2016
OP, you do realise that most ecchi anime are based around romance and comedy. If you take away romance, you'll get less of what you want, viz. ecchi. It's like making a rod for your own back.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jul 26, 2016 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
caitlintheotaku said:
It's one of the most popular genres, so I'm betting that most people would disagree with you. Also, if there was no romance, then people would run out of ideas for anime really fast.
With the rules of "90% of songs are about romance" and "every modern blockbuster needs some romance" it would be difficult for writers to completely change the way stories are written and it would slow the process down so much that you may just watch the anime that don't include romance rather than trying to force artists to avoid letting romance seep into their stories while still keeping them interesting.
Jul 26, 2016 7:45 PM
Jan 2013
Mkim said:
SAKUYA-SAN SAKUYA-SAN

POSTING STOP

SHIT

POSTING

STOP
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
gone bai bai
Jul 26, 2016 7:52 PM

Jun 2014
That's just dumb you don't like a genre so you want it to vanish , romances can be really if executed well like Kaichou wa Maid-sama , Toradora , White Album 2 , Kimi ni Todoke
but i agree with you on 1 thing :
" even little pieces of romance (fairy tail and heck, even school days)"
That's the kind of romance , that adds nothing to the story

but to mean that kind of romance doesn't count as romance i just count them as a subgenre called "Teasing" Which does not contain actual romance
xSkydelJul 26, 2016 7:59 PM
Jul 26, 2016 8:42 PM

Nov 2008
Romance is the BEST part of anime and dude, you just have......problems. XD

See a shrink.

Jul 26, 2016 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
Kotoneko-chan said:
Lol, why? It would be understandable that you wanted forced or stupid romance plots to disappear, but why all romance? xD

Reread the things i already said.
Nache said:
HyperL said:

Not really, I think he's for real...What renornnora likes is not romance, he loves ecchi, but hates all kinds of romance...Just happens most ecchis have a romance subplot...
OP wants ecchi without romance? He can have good luck with that lol. If he just wants to see sexy women with 0 romance subplot/plot then he doesn't understand the point of those type of shows themselves.
then tell me if you know it soo much.
Beyond-Kayfabe said:
OP, you do realise that most ecchi anime are based around romance and comedy. If you take away romance, you'll get less of what you want, viz. ecchi. It's like making a rod for your own back.

then ill take comedy than romance. besides, its still possible to make ecchi without shitty romance genre in it.
Jul 26, 2016 8:49 PM

Jun 2015
You need to go to a shrink. Your homicidal tendencies are growing.
Jul 26, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2015
If there is no romance, what left is rape... xD
This salad is salty favored
Jul 26, 2016 8:50 PM
Nov 2010
Romance is a part and parcel of life, so no, romance isn't going away anytime soon.
Jul 26, 2016 8:51 PM

Jan 2016
Fiction without romance wouldn't be *human*. It would lose one of the essential elements for you to connect to it. We would be left with soulless work of entertainment. I wouldn't want that.
Jul 26, 2016 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
Would it be great if OP just vanished?

Jul 26, 2016 8:54 PM

Feb 2015
MilenninJul 26, 2016 9:19 PM
Jul 26, 2016 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:

See a shrink.
BRB-kun said:

How about no. why are you saying to need to see a shrink? all i am saying that i want is all romance in anime to disappear, nothing else.
Jul 26, 2016 8:57 PM

Jun 2015
rebornnora said:
Chiibi said:

See a shrink.
BRB-kun said:

How about no. why are you saying to need to see a shrink? all i am saying that i want is all romance in anime to disappear, nothing else.

Well seeing your last group of threads, I doubt that there're no hidden implications to this...
Jul 26, 2016 8:58 PM
Jul 2018

Dont spoil it. its a early episode for new fairy tail watchers. plus, i hate seeing ship baits and i really don't care about what juvia thoughts about me.
Jul 26, 2016 9:05 PM

Nov 2008
rebornnora said:
Chiibi said:

See a shrink.
BRB-kun said:

Cause you're talking crazy bruh. XD

Seriously what sane person would wish death on characters for being happy with their special someone? Love is the most beautiful thing about humanity. It is the best emotion in this world.

How do you think you were born?

Jul 26, 2016 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
rebornnora said:

Seriously what sane person would wish death on characters for being happy with their special someone? Love is the most beautiful thing about humanity. It is the best emotion in this world.

Are you kidding me? if it reality, i wouldnt want death to another person. if its anime, i really dont care about romance or the people in it. i already made a thread that they are fictional characters that are made. killing fictional character wouldnt even matter to me.
Jul 26, 2016 9:27 PM

Nov 2008
rebornnora said:
Chiibi said:

Are you kidding me? if it reality, i wouldnt want death to another person. if its anime, i really dont care about romance or the people in it. i already made a thread that they are fictional characters that are made. killing fictional character wouldnt even matter to me.

It's still a twisted way of thinking. I think you need to do a self-examination and figure out why you hate romance so much. You said you like boobs so you're probably not asexual.

Maybe you are just jealous of the characters?

Jul 26, 2016 9:30 PM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:

See a shrink.

Now that is untrue.

Characters in general are.
Jul 26, 2016 9:32 PM

Nov 2008
Kagami said:
Chiibi said:

See a shrink.

Now that is untrue.

Romance or characters......eh.....it's close....ok....it's a tie. lol

Jul 26, 2016 9:33 PM

May 2016
rebornnora said:
Kotoneko-chan said:

Nache said:
OP wants ecchi without romance? He can have good luck with that lol. If he just wants to see sexy women with 0 romance subplot/plot then he doesn't understand the point of those type of shows themselves.
Beyond-Kayfabe said:

then ill take comedy than romance. besides, its still possible to make ecchi without shitty romance genre in it.

If you want comedy, try out Nichijou...it's 120% comedy, but it's pretty insane too...You should really give a try anyway...
Jul 26, 2016 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:
Kagami said:

Now that is untrue.

I say characters because anime characters are typically so beloved and each have a strong and loyal following. Bad anime with good characters makes the show good for me.
Jul 26, 2016 9:40 PM

May 2016
rebornnora said:
Kotoneko-chan said:

Nache said:
Beyond-Kayfabe said:

I thinks this anime called Keijo comming this fall will have zero romance...

Anyway, I can't help you out with finding ecchi without romance, but i'm pretty sure our Ecchi Lord @Mamster-P can help you with that...I actually surprise you guys aren't MAL friends already...
Jul 26, 2016 9:41 PM

Dec 2015

A bath also does miracles, I heavily suggest it.
Jul 26, 2016 9:44 PM

May 2015
Only if ecchi disappears with it. Btw toradora > all ecchi anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2016 9:47 PM

Nov 2014
Why you gotta take away the love, man? Where would we be without love? Pure anarchy, I tell ya.
Jul 26, 2016 9:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
zal said:

why you always gotta bait me?.... i thought u were one of the good guys......
Jul 26, 2016 9:48 PM

Nov 2008
Kagami said:
Chiibi said:

I say characters because anime characters are typically so beloved and each have a strong and loyal following. Bad anime with good characters makes the show good for me.

Same here. Yeah, you have a stronger point because if I can't care about the characters, I can't care about their interaction.

Jul 26, 2016 9:49 PM

Nov 2008
Mamster-P said:
zal said:

Lol, I have to back zal up on this one.

Jul 26, 2016 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
What would be great is if it was just BETTER. Outsource it to Italy or something lol.
Jul 26, 2016 9:51 PM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:
Kagami said:

Same here. Yeah, you have a stronger point because if I can't care about the characters, I can't care about their interaction.

Yeah! This is really why I love anime. The characters in anime are just so damn lovable and I love how each get a strong following.
Jul 26, 2016 9:52 PM

May 2015
Mamster-P said:
zal said:

Not my fault you get baited by everything even when they were meant for other people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2016 9:53 PM

Jan 2008
Then we'd only have dark and edgy shows.
Jul 26, 2016 9:53 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Chiibi said:
Mamster-P said:

Probably the most broad-horizoned otaku chick you'll ever meet.

then get rid of this lie( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2016 9:55 PM

Nov 2008
Mamster-P said:
Chiibi said:

Probably the most broad-horizoned otaku chick you'll ever meet.

then get rid of this lie( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I will not.

Toradora was better than all the ecchi titles I've seen. Can't lie. When I say "broad-horizoned", I mean "I'll give any genre a chance".

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

43 by DoisacChopper »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
2 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 10 hours ago

36 by KenaiPhoenix »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

37 by ChrisBlitz »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

93 by PostMahouShoujo »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.