Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2016 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the pace of the show has really picked up, I feel like this would normally have taken 2-3 episodes. I guess because they need to squeeze everything into the OVAs.

Is Oishi not gonna play at all in the Nationals? :( I wanted to see the Golden Pair win some matches...
Feb 9, 2020 1:57 PM
Aug 2010
I am not somebody who is writing stuff in the forums, but I can't find anything about it in the whole internet. Was the last episode of the prequel an original ending? It feels like the match between Echizen and Tezuka never took place. Their parting in the last episode felt like they won't see each other for quite some time. Echizen left everything behind without regrets, that he can concentrate to become no#1 in the world. I really hope the ending wasn't pointless, cause it felt really awesome. If so, I am not sure if I can watch the series and just accept the good ending from the first season. I hope I can get an answer soon, cause it seems not many people are watching this show^^ Many thanks in advance
Mar 20, 2021 10:35 AM
Jul 2020
ShadowSun89 said:
I am not somebody who is writing stuff in the forums, but I can't find anything about it in the whole internet. Was the last episode of the prequel an original ending? It feels like the match between Echizen and Tezuka never took place. Their parting in the last episode felt like they won't see each other for quite some time. Echizen left everything behind without regrets, that he can concentrate to become no#1 in the world. I really hope the ending wasn't pointless, cause it felt really awesome. If so, I am not sure if I can watch the series and just accept the good ending from the first season. I hope I can get an answer soon, cause it seems not many people are watching this show^^ Many thanks in advance

Seems like it was. It's weird tho, I know, echizen is back and playing on the nationals after all
Jun 25, 2021 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
So I guess we have to disregard everything that was filler which was from episode 129 and up.
The whole thing the first season had to deal with was that Echizen had to choose between the Nationals or US Open.

Or maybe he lost and went back but it definitely feels weird after seeing that final episode where Echizen thanks everyone and had that final match with Tezuka.
Dec 7, 2021 5:18 AM

Apr 2018
ShadowSun89 said:
That was all filler, even training to defeat rikkaidai was filler.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 5 Discussion

fishergirl16 - Jan 29, 2012

6 by melonnpanpan »»
Dec 28, 2022 2:22 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 4 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Dec 2, 2009

22 by melonnpanpan »»
Dec 28, 2022 2:09 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 7 Discussion

Eneeli - May 22, 2010

11 by Teylin »»
Nov 26, 2022 2:21 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 12 Discussion

fishergirl16 - Jan 31, 2012

9 by NekoZamurai »»
Dec 8, 2021 12:03 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 8 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 7, 2014

3 by Wozwald1 »»
May 17, 2020 2:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.