Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2016 2:43 AM

Jul 2016
I haven't touched any MMORPG games for so long time and currently I'm looking for game which is worth playing (actually to kill time :D ). I only know some of the old RPG like World of Warcraft (pretty big guy of course, but seems it is not that good now), Guild War 2 (Never had a chance to play it, dunno if it's worth playing currently), and probably some action MMO such as Blade & Souls or Dragon Nest.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 2016 3:15 AM

Mar 2012
GTA online

Fk char limit
End Zionazism
Jul 28, 2016 9:14 AM

Feb 2015
jolajas said:
Old School RuneScape for life 👍👍👍
My Brother and siss are addicted to it... like literally, ugh 0.0
Jul 28, 2016 9:21 AM

Sep 2012
you should check FFXIV. That's definitely the best MMORPG i've played lately, among many others
Jul 28, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
I play World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy 14. I may try Final Fantasy 11 for shits and giggles. Message me if you play any of those.
Jul 28, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
FF14. I dunno if Tera is still popular, but it was at one point the most popular. I'm behind on the times. Black Desert Online is also kinda popular?
Jul 28, 2016 11:20 AM

May 2016
people still play mmorpgs? I get bored after 2 seconds.
Jul 28, 2016 11:25 AM
Jul 2016
jolajas said:
Old School RuneScape for life 👍👍👍

Oh man. The memories I have playing this game.....Greatest of all time..
Jul 28, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2016
Anyone tried Tree of Savior?
Jul 28, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV.
Jul 28, 2016 2:48 PM

Nov 2011
WoW, FFXIV and GW2 are probably the most populated as of now.

Supposedly a lot of people who have got to try Legion have said this new expansion is re-inventing a lot of what went wrong with WoD. Hopefully they're right.

Aside from that nothing else is really 'popular'. Plenty of MMORPGs with decently-sized communities, but nothing as big as those 3.

otterman965 said:

It was fun for awhile, but they put a ton of restrictions on the players, basically making you feel the urge to spend money. A game that's supposed to be RO's second coming, went for the ol' 'let's milk our players' mentality.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 28, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2007
Sorakaa said:
I thought kids were into their Caller Duties and Poker Mans these days.

Jul 28, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
otterman965 said:
I actually beta tested it for all three beta tests, so trust me when I give you this profound answer:

It's shit.

Sorakaa said:

People still play League? I get bored after 2 seconds.
Jul 28, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2016
otterman965 said:

I liked it since I played with a few people so we could quest together and stuff but I got bored of it once I hit 220 and have moved on to playing Overwatch (it's an FPS)
Jul 28, 2016 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
I would say WOW, Blade and Soul, and maybe Tera or something idk.
Jul 28, 2016 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
@Ragix
@Syrup-
@Michelle_Hung

Thanks, I believe you guys and I'm now very convinced I won't play it. Been curious since it's made by the creator of Ragnarok. Nostalgia is one bad boy.
Jul 28, 2016 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
otterman965 said:
@Ragix
@Syrup-
@Michelle_Hung

Thanks, I believe you guys and I'm now very convinced I won't play it. Been curious since it's made by the creator of Ragnarok. Nostalgia is one bad boy.

I really wished I could have told you it was a good game. I had to beta test it three times to convince myself it just does not live up to the experience of old.
Jul 29, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2016
Syrup- said:
otterman965 said:
@Ragix
@Syrup-
@Michelle_Hung

I really wished I could have told you it was a good game. I had to beta test it three times to convince myself it just does not live up to the experience of old.

I also really wished I heard it's a good game. Ragnarok is the MMORPG I spent the most time on.
Jul 29, 2016 3:45 AM

Nov 2013
Ragix said:

Supposedly a lot of people who have got to try Legion have said this new expansion is re-inventing a lot of what went wrong with WoD. Hopefully they're right.

Aside from that nothing else is really 'popular'. Plenty of MMORPGs with decently-sized communities, but nothing as big as those 3.

otterman965 said:

It was fun for awhile, but they put a ton of restrictions on the players, basically making you feel the urge to spend money. A game that's supposed to be RO's second coming, went for the ol' 'let's milk our players' mentality.

Makes me remember the great times i had with W.
Great game, especially the pvp. I found GW2 to be average..
Jul 29, 2016 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
Ty-Ki said:
Ragix said:

Makes me remember the great times i had with W.
Great game, especially the pvp. I found GW2 to be average..

I'm assuming you're talking about GW1, but agreed.

You'd think with everything being instances and 'hubs' in the game it wouldn't be as 'grand' as GW2 (where there's still instanced zones, but you see everyone), but it just felt better.

Getting from one hub to another, grouping up with people to get there and the PVP was great too. GW2 took a lot of that charm the first one had and re-invented it. Works for a lot of people, but personally I found GW1 just a ton more fun.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 29, 2016 4:56 PM

Apr 2013
Probably WoW and FFXIV ARR.

Definitely not GW2 lol.

Even if it was, I'd suggest you not to play it unless you like casual gameplay (don't know how it is now though).

I personally play BnS and grind like a motherfucker.
Jul 29, 2016 9:42 PM

Feb 2011
Is Warcraft still sitting around 7 million subscribers? Because no MMO has ever been as popular as that was at its peak. Last I checked, Final Fantasy XIV was sitting at around 5 million subscribers, so depending on where Warcraft is, it's one of those, assuming they're not more or less equal.
Jul 30, 2016 2:09 AM

Feb 2013
Tree of Savior have absolutely horrendous graphics. I saw a gameplay video and puked at how shit it was. How anyone can play this garbage is beyond me. Even Runescape back in 2006 is better than this.

Compared to the main game I play (FF14) is like comparing day and night.
Jul 31, 2016 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
Currently I'm playing Blade&Souls and Skyforge for a change until the next expansion of WoW comes out - Legion.
Sadly I'm saving money right now so I cannot join the Final Fantasy 14 T.T
Jul 31, 2016 6:17 PM

Apr 2016
Syrup- said:
otterman965 said:
I actually beta tested it for all three beta tests, so trust me when I give you this profound answer:

It's shit.

Sorakaa said:

It's the most played game out there. I'm so glad that I could quit that sh*t, fuck league.
Jul 31, 2016 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
sokawaiixd said:
It's the most played game out there. I'm so glad that I could quit that sh*t, fuck league.
Well I was just saying that cause he's obviously into League and it's less popular than all MMORPGs combined, so I thought it was pretty absurd of him to say it. I quit League years ago after realizing how repetitive it felt.
Jul 31, 2016 6:29 PM

Apr 2016
Syrup- said:
sokawaiixd said:
Well I was just saying that cause he's obviously into League and it's less popular than all MMORPGs combined, so I thought it was pretty absurd of him to say it. I quit League years ago after realizing how repetitive it felt.

IMO we are still in the MOBA era, and it won't die that fast due to all those big guys sponsoring League. When I heard that a german FC (Schalke 04) bought a League team I couldn't stop laughing, I guess you'll still have to deal with League players.

You made the right desicion, after peaking mid-high diamond 2 seasons in a row I saw no point at trying anymore, tryharding made me tilt if I lost, and trolling wasn't fun anymore... But there was also another reason why I quit and realized League sucked D. Skill got outclassed by point and click, that's what probably made me tilt so much...

#noregretstho
Aug 8, 2016 9:52 PM

Jul 2016
sokawaiixd said:
Syrup- said:

It's shit.

League of Legend is not that bad though I agree that the community is becoming more and more toxic, many champions are so OP that make me want to quit. But that is public matches, competitive matches should be better though.

However, the main reason I dun like League is because I'm so used to Dota, probably 6 years already so League has no appeal to me.
Aug 9, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2016
Fuyunokaze said:
sokawaiixd said:

League of Legend is not that bad though I agree that the community is becoming more and more toxic, many champions are so OP that make me want to quit. But that is public matches, competitive matches should be better though.

However, the main reason I dun like League is because I'm so used to Dota, probably 6 years already so League has no appeal to me.

League isn't bad, there is a reason why it is/was so popular. But skill is less rewarding than point and click, that's why I started hating it... I don't care about the community, honestly my DuoQ buddy was the most toxic player I ever saw (he was funny tho) and I really enjoyed it to troll in high elo, disrespecting everyone, killing own teammates, but still winning due to skill, but that isn't the case anymore...

There was no point of playing a game like that, at least for me.
Aug 9, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
Fuyunokaze said:
I haven't touched any MMORPG games for so long time and currently I'm looking for game which is worth playing (actually to kill time :D ). I only know some of the old RPG like World of Warcraft (pretty big guy of course, but seems it is not that good now), Guild War 2 (Never had a chance to play it, dunno if it's worth playing currently), and probably some action MMO such as Blade & Souls or Dragon Nest.
I've been playing Destiny since the beta.

I plan to play it as long as it sees fit, I think its a great MMO. Then again, I'm a fatass fanboy for space, so, No Man's Sky looks pretty cool too.

GTA Online, Destiny etc.

Live here in the now, chill with your buddy, Jambles.
Mangalist
Animelist
FanFiction/My Writing

Aug 9, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
Definitly not ElSalt, I'd say FF online, WoW, Maple Story is still going strong despite being broken but oh well. Tree Of Savior is popular but need a few more fixes before getting more part of the player base.
Aug 9, 2016 5:00 PM

Sep 2013
WoW Legion is coming out and whether a person likes it or not is pointless since the game literally becomes more relevant than everything else when an expansion hits. FF, GW2, runescape, tera and (maybe?) wildstar and such are fine.

BDO just took a giant bombshell after Bernkastel nuked the fuck out of the game for running tyranny infowar tactics and betraying the playerbase.

ToS is a shadow of what I thought it would be pre-release.
Aug 11, 2016 12:26 PM

Jul 2016
I heard that Destiny is pretty dull at the launching days, wonder how improved it is now.
WoW Legion, looks pretty good, some say it gonna revive WoW, but many other think it will just be able to hold the current players. I still have interest in the expansion, my brother otherwise, he said: "Why bother getting the expansion when the game will not be able to revive?"
Aug 18, 2016 9:28 AM

Jul 2016
sokawaiixd said:
Fuyunokaze said:

League isn't bad, there is a reason why it is/was so popular. But skill is less rewarding than point and click, that's why I started hating it... I don't care about the community, honestly my DuoQ buddy was the most toxic player I ever saw (he was funny tho) and I really enjoyed it to troll in high elo, disrespecting everyone, killing own teammates, but still winning due to skill, but that isn't the case anymore...

There was no point of playing a game like that, at least for me.

(Sorry for my bad quoting T.T) I remembered there was a time when I first learned how to play LoL. My friend said: "Oh it's easy bro, just remember, in combat just release all your spells, done!".
Good ol' day lol.
Aug 19, 2016 2:13 PM

Mar 2016
Fuyunokaze said:
World of Warcraft Still. If you want a different game id recommend FFXIV mostly (VERY good community, console players are lacking skill though, KB/m advantages), then ESO (God awful communtiy though.) and also EVE online.

Aug 19, 2016 2:16 PM

Mar 2016
Mikasa said:
GTA online

Fk char limit
GTAO is 1) not an RPG 2) it isnt an MMO. 100 player serves arent MMO's, well, it'd be a dead one anyway. And Im pretty sure its 30 players. BF4 has more than that.

Aug 19, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
It has levels, quests, parties, pvp and pve, and a character selection/creation screen.
Ergo RPG

It has more than 4 players, hence, massive.
End Zionazism
Aug 19, 2016 4:56 PM

May 2013
Ryuuketsu20 said:
you should check FFXIV. That's definitely the best MMORPG i've played lately, among many others

I second this, that game is pretty hot right now and hella popluated. Thanks to the fact that it's on both PS4 and PC and everyone can play together.
Aug 20, 2016 2:34 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
-Final Fantasy Realm Reborn is well talked about have limited playing on it but it looks fun.

-Black Desert was popular for a time and still is one of the most visual stunning games I have played in a while though VERY grind and RNG oriented.

-Blade and Soul is interesting and the movement system in combat is refreshing from the hit box mmos. I was a Master founder for the game and have been playing through all the closed and open betas and initial launch, not sure how many MMO have a movement system like it but it is refreshing from most point and click mmos.

-World of Warcraft, is coming back with the new expansion and still has millions of subs despite the "WOW is dead" side of the community going strong as they have been since Cataclysm. My current MMO been playing on and off since WotLK and came back after a few years and its a lot more newbie friendly if you have never played before.

-Guild Wars, only played the first but GW2 is suppose to be as good if not better according to my friend.
Aug 20, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
GW2 is pretty good, I played it for awhile and it was fun

FFXIV is legendary though, played it for 3 years now. Granted I had some breaks in between, but there was always incentive to pick it back up later

WoW I just can't get into despite forcing myself to play multiple times
Aug 20, 2016 4:07 PM

May 2010
PurplePanties said:
-Guild Wars, only played the first but GW2 is suppose to be as good if not better according to my friend.

Don't let them lie to you.

The only thing GW2 has going better for it are the updated graphics and mechanics. The story sucks. The skill system sucks. The class system sucks. At least in comparison to the first game.

There's a reason you still have to buy GW1 to play it, and GW2 went free to play.
Aug 21, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2016
Thrashinuva said:
PurplePanties said:

The only thing GW2 has going better for it are the updated graphics and mechanics. The story sucks. The skill system sucks. The class system sucks. At least in comparison to the first game.

There's a reason you still have to buy GW1 to play it, and GW2 went free to play.

Really? I didn't think GW2 could be bad ?
Aug 21, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2010
Fuyunokaze said:
Thrashinuva said:

It isn't bad because it's free. It definitely wasn't worth the money when it wasn't free.
Aug 22, 2016 11:37 PM

Jul 2016
Thrashinuva said:
Fuyunokaze said:

It isn't bad because it's free. It definitely wasn't worth the money when it wasn't free.

Oh... I remembered there was a time when GW2 was so hyped! Guess everything has its own end...
Aug 23, 2016 12:14 AM

Feb 2014
GW2 feels like you never progress. You don't really get stronger because the game always tries to artificially cap your level, as in if you're level 80 but killing monsters in a level 20 zone, the game will actually force your level down to 20.

The armors all look the same for a class except for rarities Rare or higher.

Gear doesn't do anything significant when it comes to stats. You could play just as well without half of your armor on as with them (except in the one case of Fractal dungeons, where you need Agony resistance to mitigate always-on HP sapping effects).

I'm playing MapleStory 1 mostly because of the friends I have on there and for nostalgia. Gameplay got old long ago.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Aug 24, 2016 6:21 AM

Jul 2016
Well good ol' day for GW2.
...mention about good ol' day, I remember AION, such a long time ago when it's still subcription game.
Aug 30, 2016 12:55 AM

Jul 2016
Legion is coming up next, I will see how people will rate it before choosing whether to get it or not.
Aug 30, 2016 3:29 AM

Sep 2015
Mikasa said:
GTA online

Fk char limit

Dude what anime is in your signature?
Aug 30, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2012
Matr_iX said:
Mikasa said:
GTA online

Fk char limit

Dude what anime is in your signature?

hunters hunters x
End Zionazism
Sep 8, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
still a lot of players in FFXVIV and WoW
but erm Blade and Soul or Black Dessert

© 花巻 花郎 @ pixiv.net
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

23 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
1 hour ago

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - 11 hours ago

2 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

47 by Shizuna »»
2 hours ago

» Các Kèo Bóng Đá Bạn Nên Tránh Khi Đặt Cược Tại Nhà Cái Hiện Nay

8livetipss - 3 hours ago

0 by 8livetipss »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

137 by Jeritorias »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.