Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
Ahhh. Upping the rating from 9 to 10 now. This show is fantastic!

The only shame is that it's really overpowering Saiki Kusuo, which is a great manga/anime in its own right; there were jokes here that will be repeated in SKnoPsiNan later on and I can only imagine people watching that won't be as impressed because it'll be like 'oh i've seen that joke done in mob psycho but animated better...'. An unfortunate case of poor timing for Saiki K I guess.
Jul 25, 2016 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
I'm not exactly sure why people keep calling Mob OP though. Sure, he's shown to be a powerful psychic, but he hasn't done anything as absurd as Saitama's whole 'one punch' gimmick. Making him out to be some sort of gary stu when all he's done is take out people who's power is questionable at best seems disingenuous.

For now just call him powerful. You don't know if he'll keep overpowering his opponents or if someone down the line manages to trump him.
Jul 25, 2016 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
This episode got a lot better. I'm actually somewhat interested in Mob as a character now.

We got an animal mascot now? Wtf.
Jul 25, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
Now that Dimple has joined the story the show really begins :D
Jul 25, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
Welp, Mob was pretty badass in his rage mode.
Pretty great episode, his explosion was done amazingly and I laughed quite a bit at every scene with ONE's dry humour (in particular Mob staying for the milk and the ending scene where he gained 20% in an instant).

Did I see Josuke in the preview?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 25, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
10/10 perfect desu

Why this is so good, the art is also incredible, its very nostalgic somehow
Jul 25, 2016 3:42 PM
Oct 2015
Next week gonna be blast
teruki and the damn delinquents
Jul 25, 2016 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
the derp manga art and the comedy that came with it was lost in the nice professional anime art but in all other aspects this ep WAS FIRE
Jul 25, 2016 4:22 PM

Apr 2011
Too bad he couldn't show his emotions untiil he hit 100
Jul 25, 2016 4:25 PM

Jul 2015
Better than OPM so far.
Jul 25, 2016 4:35 PM

Oct 2015
Really good episode tbh, comedy & action were there. Also Mob at 100% is badass AF!
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Jul 25, 2016 6:26 PM

Aug 2015
Thought the whole LOL group thing was stupid, but the episode was entertaining. This show continues to impress, liking it more than One Punch Man so far. Mob went all out, damn that kid is so op.
Jul 25, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
Mob training with the Body Improvement Club.
The "LOL" Club. That made me laugh. Especially the milk challenge.
Dimple-san sure pissed off Mob. Already going 100%.
That was a cool fight. Nice to see Mezato.

Looks like Mob has got a spiritual friend.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 25, 2016 7:15 PM
Sep 2015
i actually laughed so hard when the only reason mob did that dont laugh challenge was because he liked milk
Jul 25, 2016 7:17 PM

May 2015
dat dimple appearance when mob awake was lmao
Jul 25, 2016 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
That increase at the end though.
Jul 25, 2016 7:53 PM

Apr 2013
This show is never going to escape its association with OPM is it? Can't y'all just judge it on its own merits and not by how it compares to some other work?
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jul 25, 2016 7:58 PM

Jun 2012
That was bad ass, I hope Mob loses his shit again soon.
Jul 25, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, he reached 100%, so OP!.
It was obvious that he wouldn't make him laugh xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 25, 2016 8:23 PM
Sep 2015
Am i the only one that noticed the uniforms in the preview for next week @24:12 looks like jojo rn
Jul 25, 2016 8:56 PM

Aug 2015
That was intense. I love how Mob got when he exploded. That's a great little backstory there, I really like that. I feel that'll make for great character development later.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Jul 25, 2016 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode for the most part.
Jul 25, 2016 9:27 PM
Nov 2015
Not sure why everyone is writing long paragraphs about how this episode was so excellent and that Mob is relatable, it doesn't seem particularly spectacular to me

That said, I still did love the episode,the wacky artstyle is not my forte but I'll bear with it because this episode was clearly well-animated. Even gave me some End of Eva vibes with some parts.

4/5
Jul 25, 2016 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
mrkm said:
This show is never going to escape its association with OPM is it? Can't y'all just judge it on its own merits and not by how it compares to some other work?

Right? I mean, I get that comparisons are inevitable, but I feel like its doing a disservice to the uniqueness of the show as a whole. ONE is a very versatile author and MP100 shares his signature style no doubt, but in many other aspects it's completely unique from OPM. And honestly, that's what's so great about it. That's not to say that I'm guilt-free of this myself. But I do think comparing the two is fair game to an extent. For instance, I love how, unlike Saitama, Mob is reserved because he HAS to be, whereas Saitama is just totally unimpressed and bored with the world around him. It kind of seems like a big middle finger to all of the people who were complaining that he was just another deadpan character to me, whether or not that was intentional. SO basically they're both trying to suppress their powers, but for completely different reasons.

Regardless, this episode was definitely my favorite so far. The first two were good enough but I really mainly kept watching because I was waiting for it to get amazing like all the fans were promising it would. And it seems as though we've finally reached that point. What else can I say that hasn't already been said here multiple times in this thread? Mob's explosion was pure, utter badassery, and I'm starting to really like the cast of characters that this series is accumulating. They're all just downright goofy and charming. And while I didn't hate Reigen at first like some did, he has grown on me significantly more with each episode. He may be a con-artist, but it's obvious that he does indeed care about Mob, and his advice to him in this episode in particular is actually very sweet. So needless to say, I'm very much looking forward to what this show has in store for us next!
Jul 25, 2016 9:58 PM

May 2010
mrkm said:

I mean. Did you watch Blue Dragon and not think about Dragonball at all? Not even once?

To begin with this guy is a newbie and practically a legend at this point. It's natural to link his works, as he only has two. People will compare until his name either becomes irrelevant, or he's proven a track record to show that comparisons are meaningless.
Jul 25, 2016 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
i love it..i like the pacing as it took me a while to finish the Ekubo/Dimple arc
I wonder how much episodes will it take for Teru's arc..
Somehow the bgm and animation reminds me of Madoka
Still, the animation is great and 100% Mob is so badasss and cool
Jul 25, 2016 11:45 PM

Jan 2016
Damn my nigga went 0 to 100 real quick
Jul 25, 2016 11:55 PM

Jan 2009
lol Mob at 100 percent is fucking awesome, im surprised that evil spirit he battled is still alive though and looks like it will be Mob's side kick or companion
Jul 26, 2016 12:18 AM

Apr 2013
Thrashinuva said:
mrkm said:

I mean. Did you watch Blue Dragon and not think about Dragonball at all? Not even once?

To begin with this guy is a newbie and practically a legend at this point. It's natural to link his works, as he only has two. People will compare until his name either becomes irrelevant, or he's proven a track record to show that comparisons are meaningless.

The thing is, I doubt anything ONE will ever do will come even close to the huge success that One Punch Man has become. At this point any other work he makes is going to inevitably be compared to OPM and get regarded as lesser by comparison, unless he literally made a season 2 or another One Punch Man.

Just the idea of everything he makes after OPM getting the short end of the stick upsets me, considering I love Mob Psycho and that I actually consider it a lot better than OPM.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jul 26, 2016 1:19 AM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! Oh My God!! Oh My God!!!
That was SUPER EPIC 100%!!!
7/5!!!

Jul 26, 2016 2:30 AM

Oct 2015
"You're the protagonist of your own life"

Words to live by, Reigen.
Jul 26, 2016 3:30 AM

Jun 2013
So Mob is trying his best to have a better physique since psychic powers don't make girls like you. Lol when he showed off his psychic powers to the telepathy club. And they led to his desire to try and learn telepathy, but Reigan doesn't know how, obviously, so Mob is disappointed. Lol that woman was seriously guessing what could be troubling Mob and the kid was actually surprised when she guessed correctly after three wrong guesses dammit. She's fooling you, idiot! LOL was so creepy and funny. Dimple was luring in random people and using his hypnotic powers to make them laugh like retards all to become popular and start a new religion with him as the leader of the laughing retards. But Mob was the only one not laughing because the weak power in the mask didn't work on him and because Dimple was too weak for him and also because he was simply unamused. And then Mob let out a flurry of emotions as he was pissed at Dimple. That was him blowing up. And he became one hell of a badass. Badass Mob is amwazing.

Mob had psychic abilities but subconsciously kept things under control. When he grew up he consciously kept his powers locked within. He began to express his true self less and less until he became more or less emotionless. But when his emotions swell up enough, he blows up like this. Here he let out all his rage on Dimple and obliterated him. And to avoid stuff like this, Mob kept himself in check and ended up becoming emotionless. It's probably kinda like if he gets a really strong emotion, he could lose control over himself and end up doing stuff he would regret later on. Would be interesting to see Mob let out a different emotion. And Reigan probably saw something like this happen and took advantage of that to get Mob in with him in his exorcism business. Interesting stuff in this episode. The animation was outstanding as expected and badass Mob made things even more awesome.
Jul 26, 2016 3:34 AM

Apr 2014
I think it's pretty apparent now, the action for this show is bland and mundane. The humour is where it shines.
Edit: Thought I would see hate but it's just a massive circle jerk here.

I guess I'll comment on some blatant flaws. It's not possible to be emotionless and at the same time, choose to survive. You move and think because of the subconscious control emotion has over you. Without emotion, there is no need to act. There are other reasons for living like joy and obligation but most dominantly, you want to survive because you fear death. To say Mob is emotionless in his current state is bs. There's also the mob explosion. It was meant to demonstrate pure rage. For pure rage, that was pretty restrained... Compare him to one of those psychos in a strap jacket and it's obvious. At the end, he comments "I'm...terrible". That goes more along of sorrow than rage. Though, this could be foreshadowing how his emotions weren't "locked" to begin with. I would have to watch more to find out.

Fai said:
How can this show be so good?!

I mean this is expected from BONES who already brought us AOTY with Concrete Revolutio, but I keep getting surprised by the cinematography, directing and depth of narrative in this show.

Mob Psycho effortlessly juggles the surreal satirical exploration of contemporary society vices, horror-esque nature of supernatural and very relatable struggle through adolescence of Mob. And it blends all three aspects into each other perfectly.

This episode DOES PERFECTLY what OPM failed at - depth and complexity of character. Sure a lot of this episode can be compared to OPM in terms of "this guy is overpowered", but what Mob has is interesting and complex personality and inner conflict. Sure a lot of narratives explore concepts like adolescence, but Mob Psycho pulls it off perfectly. At the core - Mob's issues are very relatable and his monologues in this episode are heartfelt and feel natural to what he is going through. The characterization of mob is pretty much the strongest point of the show - which is ridiculous in itself since be it visuals, art style, cinematography, sound or character - the show already excels at those things.

Overall this continues to be the best show of the season. Possibly even among the top 10 of the year.

9000/5

Btw, is this sarcastic? Half it tells me it isn't but the other half tells me it is.
dissipatedJul 26, 2016 4:48 AM
Jul 26, 2016 3:55 AM
May 2016
Mob's rage explosion was dang awesome. The animation on that part is so good as well as the music. Looks like he's going to have a spirit pet. Hype for the next episode.
Jul 26, 2016 4:04 AM
Dec 2012
Damn, I'm starting to like this. Great episode!
Jul 26, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2010
starting to see where the series is going. ep 2 and 3 has managed to surprise me (non manga reader). now i begin to look forward to it more.
Jul 26, 2016 4:52 AM

May 2009
As expected animeonlyfags who thought it's copy of OPM dropped it . Good.
Also Saitama cameo
Jul 26, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2007
sadpwner said:

Btw, is this sarcastic? Half it tells me it isn't but the other half tells me it is.

Why would it be sarcastic? Mob Psycho is one of best shows of the season.
Jul 26, 2016 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
That rage mode. DATRAGEMODE OMHG I was suffocating like a suicide victim :o Now this was true badass OMG *_*
Jul 26, 2016 6:24 AM

Jan 2016
So far my thoughts for the last 3 eps:
Comedy? Check
Action? Check
Badass OP scene? Check
AOTS confirmed :D

yuliyana29 said:
B A D A S S H O L E Y S H I E T

This episode was a freaking fire, I feel like the previous two eps were a joke, now seriously.

Ikr, how can they top this episode in the finale, THAT'S what I'm waiting for
マジ Saitama 殴り
Jul 26, 2016 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
Animosh91 said:
The style is very energetic and colorful, with lots of inflated expressions, which not only feels childish but also doesn't fit well with Mob's bland and lethargic personality. .
Isnt that the point, mob is lost in a world that greatly differs from everything he is and his attempts to fit in with the hyper over the top world around him only leads to stressing him out. Hes trying desperately to find what it means to become human but only subconsciously locks away his emotions in the process whilst everything around him is going full ham with their emotions. Its an intentional dissonance.
JizzyHitlerJul 26, 2016 6:47 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 26, 2016 6:48 AM
Aug 2014
Guys be excited this season Mob will go %100 at least 3 more times, and every single time is as HYPE as this EP... the best is yet to come :D
Jul 26, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2016
Never thought we'd see Mob's epic mode so fast <3 badass af
Jul 26, 2016 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
Easily the best episode till date, I didn't find the show all that great for the past two episode but this one has easily cast that doubt aside.

I'm really liking how they fleshed out Mob as a character, His problems are actually relatable. He simply cannot view things in the same light as others and the most interesting factor about that is that he himself understands this (From the example with his father and smoking). Tbh I've been in those shoes a number of times.

"You're the protagonist of your own life", Wise words from Reigen. xD
Also Mob 100% was amazing.
Jul 26, 2016 8:01 AM
Nov 2015
The Mob explosion, I'd have to say, is one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2016 8:46 AM
Dec 2015
Well, that angry Mob is more badass than his manga counterpart. He suddenly became handsome. Now I can't wait to see how they'll animate Teru's looks and of course, Ritsu's badass moments.

I still don't like Tsubomi, I wonder if there's something special about her or will Mob get over her.

Also, I gotta say Reigen is convincing there at the end. He was nice.

Question: how far will the anime cover? I kinda think the important arcs will be rushed.
Loyalty06Jul 26, 2016 8:50 AM
Jul 26, 2016 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
Fai said:
sadpwner said:

The overemphasis I guess.

__

Alright, this is my guess on what the series will be about. Over the course of the series, he will regain emotions one by one. The first arc was about resolve I think? It could have been anger but if it was, it was a horrible attempt. The next arc might be about sorrow as hinted at the end by "I'm... terrible". I assume the telepathy club will bring him happiness in the future? My final guess is discovering his teacher's fake identity will be related to him fully recovering. Alternatively, Mob goes undergoes some dangerous event and his teacher watches in awe. In the end, the sensei pats heads and says good work or something but Mob never discoveries his identity. For his past crush, I don't think anything significant will happen. There's a low chance he gets rejected but I doubt it.

The reason why I think the show has one of the worse fight scenes are:

Almost 0 tension or buildup. The fights are almost always "on the spot" or scarcely developed over a single episode.

His opponents are just randoms with no significance. This also leads to predictability. You know Mob will not lose. You know mob will not exercise much of his power.

There is nothing special gained or lost from victory or defeat -- a consequence of both of the above. Shows are much more fun when you are able to root for someone or hope something will happen. The problem is, there's no one to root for or something to hope for at this stage.

There is no tension or suspense because you know Mob will win and once again, there is no special need to win or lose.

A future serious fight will be predictable. They created a trend of 0 characterisation for the enemy so once an enemy starts receiving characterisation, you know it'll be a serious battle. Not a big deal but a little subtleness is nice.
dissipatedJul 27, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 26, 2016 9:13 AM

Feb 2014
Mob at 100% looks awesome, although he does look similar to Deku from My Hero Academia.

I was a fool, thinking that Mob's explosion rate will hit 100% at the penultimate or last episode, so I'm glad that I was wrong. Dimple looks formidably strong, but Mob made him look really weak. Great fight overall!

And we now have our 'mascot' character arriving out of nowhere, which had already added 20% towards Mob's next explosion already! XD

So far, this show has been very enjoyable and great. Keep up the form Bones! =D
Jul 26, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2013
sadpwner said:
Fai said:

The overemphasis I guess.

__

Alright, this is my guess on what the series will be about. Over the course of the series, he will regain emotions one by one. The first arc was about resolve I think? It could have been anger but if it was, it was a horrible attempt. The next arc might be about sorrow as hinted at the end by "I'm... terrible". I assume the telepathy club will bring him happiness in the future? My final guess is discovering his teacher's fake identity will be related to him fully recovering. For his past crush, I don't think anything significant will happen. There's a low chance he gets rejected but I doubt it.

The reason why I think the show has one of the worse fight scenes are:

Almost 0 tension or buildup. The fights are almost always "on the spot" or scarcely developed over a single episode.

His opponents are just randoms with no significance. This also leads to predictability. You know Mob will not lose. You know mob will not exercise much of his power.

There is nothing special gained or lost from victory or defeat -- a consequence of both of the above. Shows are much more fun when you are able to root for someone or hope something will happen. The problem is, there's no one to root for or something to hope for at this stage.

There is no tension or suspense because you know Mob will win and once again, there is no special need to win or lose.

A future serious fight will be predictable. They created a trend of 0 characterisation for the enemy so once an enemy starts receiving characterisation, you know it'll be a serious battle. Not a big deal but a little subtleness is nice.

The enemy from this episode reappeared at the end, so it isn't over in a single episode.

And he can have more characterisation in the future since he is still there.
Jul 26, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
sadpwner said:
I guess I'll comment on some blatant flaws. It's not possible to be emotionless and at the same time, choose to survive. You move and think because of the subconscious control emotion has over you. Without emotion, there is no need to act. There are other reasons for living like joy and obligation but most dominantly, you want to survive because you fear death. To say Mob is emotionless in his current state is bs. There's also the mob explosion. It was meant to demonstrate pure rage. For pure rage, that was pretty restrained... Compare him to one of those psychos in a strap jacket and it's obvious. At the end, he comments "I'm...terrible". That goes more along of sorrow than rage. Though, this could be foreshadowing how his emotions weren't "locked" to begin with. I would have to watch more to find out.

Survival isn't a matter of emotion or fear of death or whatever, it's a matter of instinct. Your need to eat, sleep, drink, have sex or breathe aren't controlled by your mental state neither are they taught to you: those are inborn drives that you inherit as a living being that is geared towards survival. Sure, you can choose to do neither of those things, but it says much more about humanity's capacity for self-consciouness (which basically allows us to take decisions that go directly against our base instincts) than it does about emotion (or lack thereof).
Matter of fact, I find your conflation of survival and emotion particularly weird, as people let themselves die or commit suicide for variety of reasons which, more often than not, are related to a troubled mind i.e. emotions, feelings and all that jizz. If you honestly believe or try to imply that someone who completely repressed or cannot display emotions should by definition be suicidal, then you might want to check yourself google the word "apathy", or for an alternate and much more extreme version, "psychopathy". There are people everywhere around us that live bottling up their emotions and/or without a sense or purpose: I seriously fail to see what would lead you to believe these people don't exist.

Also, you seem to have missed the whole narrated sequence that spells out exactly what's up with Mob's mental state; it has nothing to do with being emotionless per se, regardless of Dimple's claims (which were barely anything more than cutting remarks meant to mess him up and force him to give in). It's just that Mob's insecurity and aversion towards his own abilities coupled with the isolation he experienced due to his complete absence of social awareness caused him to subconsciously put a semi-permanent lock on his emotions, which have now a direct influence on his psychic powers and send them into overdrive whenever he allows said emotions to leak out.
Mob was mad at Dimple, because his words were a harsh reminder of Mob's own perceived failure as a proper member of society to conform and fit in, words that he had already heard and was already hurt by in the past. That's why he was glad that Dimple turned out to be an evil spirit rather than a human; he now had an excuse to let out some of his pent-up anger. Sure, the face he made before finishing off Dimple was a sorrowful one indeed (and it was most certainly due to some deep seated self-loathing), but that in itself doesn't negate what he felt before.

I'd agree that despite going over 100% because of his "rage", Mob still felt pretty restrained in his display of it. However, I believe that was very much intentional. From what I understood, a certain emotion becoming strong enough to go past the limit doesn't necessarily mean that Mob himself has to be completely overwhelmed by it. He was angry alright, but he was still in control. So I guess we can expect somewhere down the road to see what happens when he does actually lose complete control of those emotions.

sadpwner said:
Someone likes something much more than you do, so it must be a joke?
SapewlothJul 28, 2016 11:00 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

405 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Do you think Mob is autistic? ( 1 2 )

TASM18 - Apr 4

56 by TASM18 »»
Apr 12, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

405 by squiddard »»
Mar 26, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

266 by squiddard »»
Mar 26, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

234 by squiddard »»
Mar 26, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.