Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 25, 2016 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Escanor...wow.

That Cruel Sun is just one hell of an attack, not even one of the strongest Commandment is a match for it. Would love to see this animated someday!
Jul 25, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
Praise the sun! *Estarossa got destroyed! Although I'm doubtful he is dead.
G_Spark233Jul 25, 2016 2:31 AM
Jul 25, 2016 1:37 AM

Jan 2012
G_Spark233 said:
Praise the sun! Escanor got destroyed! Although I'm doubtful he is dead.

Estarossa you mean. :P

And yeah, unfortunately I agree. This would be the single greatest moment of this arc, possibly of the entire series so far, were he defeated here but I just don't see it. I mean Meliodas HAS to be the one who defeats him...right?
Jul 25, 2016 1:55 AM

Nov 2013
Meh.... this series turned into a "i one-shot you or muh power is stronger the next time i hit you" thing.
Jul 25, 2016 2:00 AM

Dec 2012
Escanor is too damn powerful. Let us all Praise the Sun.

His power just keeps on increasing.

Estarossa got destroyed.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 25, 2016 2:06 AM

May 2015
Estarossa got roasted lol

Jul 25, 2016 3:39 AM

Mar 2014
SAVAGE
PRAISE THE SUN
Jul 25, 2016 3:41 AM

Jul 2015

amazing chapter
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 25, 2016 3:57 AM
Jul 2014
Fight has been great so far. Would love to see this animated.

Not sure what to expect next chapter though. Estarossa might have a trump card up his sleeve or maybe Escanor will have to fight multiple commandments.
Jul 25, 2016 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, and there's still about half an hour until noon? Escanor's fucking savage. Hard to say if the fight is over or not, but if it's not Estarossa's not even out of the frying pan yet.
Jul 25, 2016 5:34 AM
Apr 2014
Holy fuck this is so hype
I thought Escanor was gonna job to Estarossa but now I want Estarossa to retreat, listen to Zeldris and get the fuck outta there.
Jul 25, 2016 5:34 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing chapter..
All hail Escanor...
Jul 25, 2016 5:47 AM

Jun 2010
So much OP, Escanor so great, he's really powerful, and noon stil yet to arrive, incredible....
Jul 25, 2016 6:47 AM

Apr 2012
Escanor is a fucking savage

I hope Escanor finishes off Estrarossa, that last attack was tooo powerful
Jul 25, 2016 7:04 AM
Jul 2016
Seriously, who was expecting estarossa to stand a chance?
Jul 25, 2016 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
PRAISE
THE
FUCKING
SUN
Jul 25, 2016 7:26 AM
Jul 2016
animefan8800 said:
G_Spark233 said:
Praise the sun! Escanor got destroyed! Although I'm doubtful he is dead.

Estarossa you mean. :P

And yeah, unfortunately I agree. This would be the single greatest moment of this arc, possibly of the entire series so far, were he defeated here but I just don't see it. I mean Meliodas HAS to be the one who defeats him...right?

There's still Zeldris and possibly the demon king hanging around to be Meliodas's enemies.
Jul 25, 2016 7:34 AM
Jul 2016
Jesus... I wasn't expecting Escanor to outright kill or very nearly kill Estarossa this soon. And there's 30 minutes until noon!? Escanor is too much of a beast!

I figure next week his power will start to wane, and either the commandments will fall back after seeing their main turned into charcoal or the sins will have to retreat because Zeldris will be going on a rampage.
Jul 25, 2016 7:37 AM
Jul 2016
theJackDaw said:
Jesus... I wasn't expecting Escanor to outright kill or very nearly kill Estarossa this soon. And there's 30 minutes until noon!? Escanor is too much of a beast!

I figure next week his power will start to wane, and either the commandments will fall back after seeing their main turned into charcoal or the sins will have to retreat because Zeldris will be going on a rampage.

Start to wane? The dude oneshotted a full power Galan when he had just transformed...
Jul 25, 2016 7:43 AM
Jul 2016
AldrexChama said:
theJackDaw said:

Start to wane? The dude oneshotted a full power Galan when he had just transformed...

Cause they weren't out of there to make sure we knew it was noon. Since Escanor has appeared, these battles have been consuming large swathes of time or its been almost perpetually night time. What I meant is that a few hours will probably pass in what appears to be a few pages for the sake of drama. Probably the most egregious example I can think of is at an early point in God of High School.
Jul 25, 2016 7:50 AM
Jul 2016
theJackDaw said:
AldrexChama said:

Cause they weren't out of there to make sure we knew it was noon. Since Escanor has appeared, these battles have been consuming large swathes of time or its been almost perpetually night time. What I meant is that a few hours will probably pass in what appears to be a few pages for the sake of drama. Probably the most egregious example I can think of is at an early point in God of High School.

I don't see how the other commandments could last 6 hours against someone who, with little effort, sliced estarossa's chest open before he could activate full counter. Because he didn't even see his slash coming.
Jul 25, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
RIP Estarossa.

That attack...I need to see the next chapter, Escanor just brushed Estarossa's darkness like it was nothing.

I still kinda don't get it though, this small sun he uses for power.
Jul 25, 2016 7:55 AM

Aug 2010
PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ESTAROSSA EXPOSED!!!!!! look at his face lololol
ESCANOR IS THE HYPE!!!!!!! a giant!!
Jul 25, 2016 7:56 AM
Jul 2016
AldrexChama said:
theJackDaw said:

I don't see how the other commandments could last 6 hours against someone who, with little effort, sliced estarossa's chest open before he could activate full counter. Because he didn't even see his slash coming.

OK, your misunderstanding me. I doubt they can either, especially since Estarossa seems to be the strongest among them and he just got his shit kicked in. What I'm saying is that I think the author will EITHER have the commandments fall back or skip a few hours to create drama from Escanor's strength waning, likely so that Escanor doesn't kill 60% of the ten commandments. Which, in all honesty, is the most realistic outcome in this situation.
Jul 25, 2016 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
I'm guessing Escanor's power increase isn't linear. I had recently reread the Vampires of Edinburgh chapters, and was surprised how Escanor went from coming up to not even the vampire king's waist, to being just as large as him within a single chapter. At the end of this chapter he's once again that massive hulking size, where he wasn't nearly that big in the beginning, and we're not even to noon yet. And I don't think it's a case of merely symbolizing his strength like during the Galan fight.
Jul 25, 2016 8:15 AM

Aug 2010
Since Escanor is 100% confirmed to be stronger than Estarossa and since Estarossa is definitely gonna survive

I want Estarossa to become Escanor's bitch since he used to adire Mel now he'll have a new senpai lol
Jul 25, 2016 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
Hmm this is interesting. I'm fine with Escanor defeating Estarossa but that isn't going to happen. Escanor still hasn't reached his full strength yet, he still has more than half an hour.
Jul 25, 2016 8:32 AM

May 2012
Such differences in strength ..wow. estarossa is definitely one of the strongest character in this manga but if other character, i mean other than mc can defeat him then maybe he isnt the final boss.
Jul 25, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

I absolutely loved the looks on the 10C Faces when Estarossa was sent into flying off!!! WTF faces were hilarious!

WHOHOOO!!!! ESTAROSSA IS DEAD!!!!! Had He lasted just even 10 minutes or half an Hour after Noon he might have won....but this is 30 Minutes before the Noon....Meaning...Escanor Peak is still Half Hour away!!! XD Damn what a Clash! Worst time to pick fight with Escanor!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
Escanor is such a fucking beast! It wasn't even noon yet and he was already that powerful?! Ban used to be my favorite member of the Sins, but sorry Ban, I think Escanor just officially dethroned you. I'm really hoping the anime gets a proper sequel someday so we can see this HYPE animated.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 25, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing Chapter !

I always tend to think that Fraudin will play the role of Boss of arc. There are too many characters related to it (Liz murderer, replacing Gowther, Dreyfus and Hendy manipulator).
Let's say that as situations change very quickly in NNT, it is not excluded. I always feel that Zeldris, Monspiet, Derriere and Lord Gray will be preserved. For Estarossa which would WTF is that it is truly dead and that he finds himself in purgatory. This is an interesting twist! After if we imagine a rematch of Estarossa there are several possibilities:
- Esta was not full of magie,
- Demons King give him a boost,
- Retrieves a legendary weapon (like the sword of TC of Meliodas?).

In the immediate aftermath, we can think of a temporary withdrawal of TC who will return at night? Unless the state of Estarossa force Zeldris and others to carry it somewhere, while others resume battle (at night or not). Do not forget that the magic of Gloxinia may even cure attacks Escanor.
The withdrawal of Zeldris may simply be wearing Estarossa to Gloxinia located elsewhere.

To neutralize Escanor, outside the night, there remains the possibility of imposing a commandment.

After it's hard to know what Suzuki has planned for the end of the arc 2 - before moving to the Goddesses?
But then perhaps it is also (and surely?) means for Suzuki to free OP Perso and to give more space to other Sins for the final - we still have a linked trio (King / Diane / Gowther) and it is unclear when the outcome of this thread is to take place - I hope it does not last until the end of the series or that there will be at least one intermediate climax.

For Ban and Merlin, I expect more on the side of the Goddesses, so a large return at that time.

To return to the nature of Escanor, because his soul is exceptional, I wonder if it would not be simply a reincarnated god. It could for example be Lug, which is associated with sun and art (hence poetry). However Lug is a Tuatha Dé Danann who have no real equivalent in NNT, if not goddesses but this seems an exclusively female clan except twist.
By against the origins of Lug can be a clue: his father is Cian of the Tuatha Dé Danann and his mother Ethniu, daughter of Balor, leader of the Fomorians (be vaguely evil and monstrous). So adapting it, the Escanor soul could be the result of the union of a goddess and a demon, giving an unprecedented being?
Jul 25, 2016 10:35 AM

Dec 2012
OMG, such a brutal ability, Estarosa squashed to pieces @_@
Jul 25, 2016 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
I refuse to believe that he's human...
Jul 25, 2016 11:10 AM

Mar 2015
He's the only one who gets to decide such things
Jul 25, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
Escanor showed yet again why he is the best character of Nanatsu no Taizai.
Jul 25, 2016 12:38 PM
Oct 2013
I understand that everyone is high from the powerlevel display, but hasn´t anyone noticed yet how bland this character is?

Although he switches between two extremes, he also just switches consistently between two extremes. If his personality is just being bipolar I don´t see the interest.

Franky Yamcha can blow up planets, powerlevels are quite meaningless when the characters displaying them all pale in comparision to their grandfathter,when there´s no personalitity to back them up.
Jul 25, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2013
The hax iz real. Escanor op as fuck.
PRAISE THE SUN! Orz
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jul 25, 2016 12:52 PM
Oct 2015
Great chapter, really enjoyed it!

Just a question though, how do you all think Zeldris' commandment works exactly? Does someone have to physically turn their back to him themselves? Or can he just be a sneaky bastard and jump behind Escanor and be like "You're mine now, lol!"

I might be overthinking it, that would be OP if he could do that afterall haha. However, it would be even more OP if Escanor's immense pride could cancel out the commandment and he's just like "I don't answer to the likes of demons" and just attacks him instead haha
Jul 25, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2011
I just hope Estarossa is actually dead... I mean we can still have Zeldris and the Demon King as a final boss.

Awesome battle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2014
Praise the goddamn sun! Escanor is just OP as living hell...
Jul 25, 2016 3:59 PM
Jul 2016
the chapter was epic,but it was obivous like merlin said his power increases every sec by 5 that means if a day has 12 hours of sun 60x60x12x5 that would be 216k not even counting his base power that was over 50k,esterossa never stood a chance i just loved it when pridecanor went serious on esterossa and he kept asking him WHO DECIDES?WHO DECIDES these things?the one who decides...is ME,that was the moment esterossa realised he dosent stand a chance because the whole time he kept that stupid face and act like he would actually have the upperhand.
Jul 25, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2010
Lord Escanor never let us down!!! I just really hope this is the end of Estarossa.... he's just too powerful...
If you've got time to fantasize about a beautiful ending, why not live beautifully until the end?
~ Sakata, Gintoki
Jul 25, 2016 7:03 PM

Aug 2008
I doubt Estarossa will die though...we don't know if all of his hearts were destroyed, like with Merascylla. I wonder if Gray Lord will put up a better fight against sunlight....Loved seeing Escanor thrash Estarossa though.
Jul 25, 2016 7:57 PM
Oct 2011
so...fking...hype...
Jul 25, 2016 8:15 PM
Oct 2014
Call me crazy, but If Escanor can pull this off, I'm pretty sure a 11:30 Escanor (not even saying 12 o' clock) can take down Saitama. The only person he would have to worry about is Goku and Superman.... Just saying
Jul 25, 2016 9:39 PM

Apr 2014
Well one thing for sure. Estarossa's vocal cords to make good speech burned before his body did. Just when I thought Escanor summoning the Sun, I thought he was at his peak already. Then Escanor's words once again takes the chapter again. All Hail the ACE IN THE HOLE(Sun Escanor) from the Seven Deadly Sins when it is NOON!
Jul 25, 2016 11:08 PM

Apr 2013
Escanor a man? No.

Esacanor is GOD.

The Sun God.

Praise the sun!
Jul 26, 2016 1:17 AM

Sep 2015
GG Estarossa , WP Esacanor
Jul 26, 2016 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
Part of me feels like Estarossa is actually dead, or at the very least severely injured and will want to flee. His face at the end of the chapter looked too legit for him to be anything but actually afraid for his life. Regardless of whether he survives this attack or not, the fight will be over soon as Escanor's still getting stronger.
Jul 26, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2015
I just hope they don't mess the animation in this fight like they did with Naruto vs Pain...

Zeldris realized how strong Escanor really was, maybe we'll see something like Galan's reversed commandment? Zeldris running away from Escanor and becoming his loyal subject instead haha
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.