Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2016 11:31 PM
Jun 2016
It was a good representation of why many people get into DJing. I definitely related to the love of music and not liking the "in" music like pop music.

Also they should've ended it with him getting with Sonoko Chan
JP here, I'm The Fit Super Geek DJ and make Anime and Video Game influenced hip hop music:

https://soundcloud.com/rapscallion-rascals/super-uppercut-punch-out

and I also play flamenco guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jphardboiled
Nov 25, 2016 7:39 PM
Mar 2016
I absolutely loved it.

In terms of what they could do in ten minutes and a short season I thought they did as good of a job as possible to flesh out the motivations and a bit of the blood, sweat, and tears that goes into starting a DJ career in a competitive area.

I actually watched the entire season along with a bunch of buddies that also DJ. A few others and myself being in the US, one in Finland, and another few dotted around the globe elsewhere would wait until the show was available to each of us and we'd arrange a time to sit down and watch together over Skype.

We'd count down: "3, 2, 1, PLAY!" and sit in silence for 10-12 minutes while each episode carried on.

We'd spend the following days comparing the episode to our experiences and the rest of the time we'd try to decide which of us or our friends represented the characters in the show best.

Of course we rooted for Agetarou to get with Sonoko Hattori (the art chick)! In a future season (please, Studio Deen!) I'm sure we will be able to see the Agetarou x Hattori ship sail. But, until then all we can do is rewatch the series and hope.

I know my post was a bit delayed but I came here hoping to see news of a new season. I'm sure it didn't sell incredibly well because I barely heard anybody outside of my circle of producer and DJ friends talking about it. That said, I'd love to see more series (even if they are short form) explore the world of DJing and music creation. Anime has already showed us that music is a fine vehicle to carry a story in. With the surge of electronic music festivals and more and more electronic / DJ based artists gaining prominence internationally I think it's only a matter of time before we get to see a bigger budget, higher profile anime centered around a topic like that.
Jul 25, 2017 6:03 AM
Jan 2014
I can't find confirmation anywhere, but I think Big Master Fly was modeled after Egyptian Lover. Egyptian Lover is one of the most innovative American DJs from the mid 80s and his sets are still old school with his 808 and vinyl records. I was at a live set once and he was very similar, even threw a vinyl record into the crowd.
Sep 18, 2023 5:09 PM

Jul 2010
Reply to Jenamd
I can't find confirmation anywhere, but I think Big Master Fly was modeled after Egyptian Lover. Egyptian Lover is one of the most innovative American DJs from the mid 80s and his sets are still old school with his 808 and vinyl records. I was at a live set once and he was very similar, even threw a vinyl record into the crowd.
@Jenamd
i think it's rather a nod to Grandmaster Flash ! known as one of pioneers of turntablism (at least in hip hop)
MORDAPUDZIANASep 18, 2023 5:54 PM

More topics from this board

» Songs in this anime.

Kureiji-Otaku - May 15, 2016

12 by IridescentJaune »»
Aug 2, 2022 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

33 by Swiggy »»
May 14, 2020 2:40 AM

Poll: » Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

24 by WAQR »»
Apr 15, 2018 5:45 PM

Poll: » Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

51 by WAQR »»
Apr 15, 2018 5:35 PM

Poll: » Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

33 by phoenix810 »»
Feb 2, 2018 12:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.