Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 25, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2009
Happy 10th Anniversary Fairy Tail! It's been a fun road so far and I hope to see a few more years of one of my favorite manga series (According to Hiro Mashima it sounds like this isn't the last arc). That Gildarts ending has me hyped, wonder if this will be the moment we see him finally at full power?
Jul 25, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
What's the reason for big shounens to rush the final war? They could have paced the enemies/battles and made it way longer.
At least it's not as bad as toriko where they made like 20 super revelation chapters in a row
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Jul 25, 2016 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
As expected, finally Kana's father return, Gildarts, Fairy Tail comeback~!!
Jul 25, 2016 10:52 AM
Nov 2015
Those sketches like kei sasuga(DNK), Yoshikawa Miki(yamada-kun) of course she was Hiro Mashima's assistant before, Katsuki Hikaru (Baby Steps), Kouji Seo(Fuuka), Terajima Yuuki (Diaya no A) are standing out.
My expections was met,im waiting to mystogan.
And about god serena is he was revived by historie of nienhart? Or anyone. He's just corpse, then if he was easily killed by acnologia; he's big deal to all of dragon.
Jul 25, 2016 11:00 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Gildarts!! <3 Finally! It's time for some amazing action. :D I'm way too excited for the next chapter.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 25, 2016 12:56 PM
May 2010
now I,m waiting for jellal fernandes to join this war
Jul 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
He already did. And...he turned out to be all talk. Kinda disappointing really.
Jul 25, 2016 1:18 PM
Sep 2014
Angelquasilike said:
What's the reason for big shounens to rush the final war? They could have paced the enemies/battles and made it way longer.
At least it's not as bad as toriko where they made like 20 super revelation chapters in a row

Toriko has war? Isn't that manga about food?
Jul 25, 2016 1:26 PM

Jan 2015
Aiyen said:
Angelquasilike said:

Toriko has war? Isn't that manga about food?

It's by far the best long running shounen Manga atm imo. Yes it has a lot of fighting.
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Jul 25, 2016 1:49 PM
Oct 2013
Looked through the Spriggans and made another observation.
There are exactly 5 left that haven´t been beaten through Fairy Tail, yet.

1. August
2. Irene
3. God Serena
4. Larcade
5. Invel

They are also the ones that are labelled strongest among them with the exception of Invel who is Zeref´s secretary.

I give each of them one chapter of Spotlight, that´ll lead to Chapter 500 where something big will be introduced or it´ll be concluded.
What´s confusing is the fact that the group was called Spriggan 12 before Serena joined.
Did Hiro consider that.
Zeref called himself a Spriggan in his flasback.
Is he the 13th?Is there another Bluenote that will randomly get introduced who trumps the Sprigggans power?
Doesn´t Hiro bother with semantics and just throws random numbers on the drawing board?
Jul 25, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
Gilldarts is like the Odin of FT
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jul 25, 2016 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Gilldart 's back. Things are about to go down!
Jul 25, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
finally gildarts is here !!!
congtats for 10th Anniversary
Jul 25, 2016 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck! Yeah! Gildarts is back. :D
Jul 25, 2016 3:20 PM
Jul 2015
This will go down as the greatest battle in history. Fairy tail really will be a legend after they win this fight.
Jul 25, 2016 6:13 PM

May 2015
damn, just damn... no wonder gildarts will be come, he is look so old now (just in 1 year skipped)
Jul 25, 2016 8:08 PM
Oct 2014
I guess it was inevitable. As usual, FT battles will always consist of random attacks being thrown out without any rhyme or reason, not even really showing any cooperation between the guild members to launch their big attacks at different groups of enemies as they are all getting oneshotted anyways.

God Serena used a stupid element combination. Fire and water mixing, sounds like a great idea. All that was really needed was to just switch up the element used so Natsu would be unable to swallow it, like just using earth magic, but this was obviously beyond Hiro's cognitive ability.

And gildarts simply dissipated the attack of serena like it was nothing, no way to respect the character when he's this much of a noob at this point. Even August is basically a noob if he simply let Natsu dissipate the important parts of his beam, only really Irene has not been made to look incompetent in one way or another.

Regardless of having a massive arsenal of magic the spriggans never cease to hold back on using any long range attacks, sadly enough. Even the sniper Walhricht. Now would be the time to snipe. Hiro probably forgot about giving him that ability though.
CanaasJul 25, 2016 8:18 PM
Jul 25, 2016 8:41 PM

May 2014
The whole time I was singing

"Guess who's back (back),
back again (again)
Girldarts back,
tell a friend (friend)

Gildarts back..
Gildarts back..
Gildarts back.."
Jul 25, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
damn Gildarts is back holy shit, God Serena will die for good now lol
Jul 25, 2016 9:58 PM
May 2015
j0x said:
damn Gildarts is back holy shit, God Serena will die for good now lol

FUCKING GOD SERENA WILL SERIOUSLY BEFALL FOR HIS DEATH ONCE AGAIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Jul 25, 2016 11:44 PM
Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Looked through the Spriggans and made another observation.
There are exactly 5 left that haven´t been beaten through Fairy Tail, yet.

1. August
2. Irene
3. God Serena
4. Larcade
5. Invel

They are also the ones that are labelled strongest among them with the exception of Invel who is Zeref´s secretary.

I give each of them one chapter of Spotlight, that´ll lead to Chapter 500 where something big will be introduced or it´ll be concluded.
What´s confusing is the fact that the group was called Spriggan 12 before Serena joined.
Did Hiro consider that.
Zeref called himself a Spriggan in his flasback.
Is he the 13th?Is there another Bluenote that will randomly get introduced who trumps the Sprigggans power?
Doesn´t Hiro bother with semantics and just throws random numbers on the drawing board?

To be frank I think Serena is just mid-tier among the Spriggans. I don't see how he can fare better than the ones with hax like Dimaria (and before someone tells me she was beaten by lolis, remember her best ability was completely countered and she was put against a heavy disadvantage against someone who was her slayer and received a power-up through an asspull -_-)

Do you think chapter 500 could be Acnologia coming back or an END awakening?
Jul 26, 2016 12:38 AM
Jul 2016
Looks like Gildarts finally arrived!

I just wanna know if the rest of the guild will find out about Natsu and the rest of the dragon slayers.... ;m; I feel so impatient....
Jul 26, 2016 1:06 AM
Apr 2016
Ty-Ki said:

Nice chapter!
It is always a nostalgic feeling seeing Team Natsu fighting together. It was short and only fodder yes, but i still liked it and having the others join them made it even better.

I'm really happy that Serena is back. The way he is acting for a powerful dude is hilarious. xD
You can't but like this fabulous idiot with his loreal hair. He's also the reason we finally got papa Gildarts back!
I knew his entrance will badass. I'm so hyped to see both of them giving us a dope fight and Gildarts finally showing what he's really capable of.

Serena is damn funny.

Great that he showed what a high tier spriggan should be, he was fodderising team Natsu lol
Jul 26, 2016 2:07 AM
Jun 2012
GOD DAMNIT !
GILDARTS !!

Dat badass design !
Dat badass face !!
Dat badass coat !!!

God Serena is already dead (I don't mean because G.Serena is REALLY already dead, just because Gildarts will beat him !)
Jul 26, 2016 2:14 AM

May 2015
Yeah I even almost shouted Shanks is back uhhh.... Waitt my bad it's Gildarts! Gildarts yeah!!! Don't kill yourself off in this war cause I feel like you're gonna die but revived anyway ahahaha. Anyway, when I see my fav character I get nervous if they're gonna die in the middle of war.
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Jul 26, 2016 2:56 AM
Oct 2013
TheUltimateOne said:

To be frank I think Serena is just mid-tier among the Spriggans. I don't see how he can fare better than the ones with hax like Dimaria (and before someone tells me she was beaten by lolis, remember her best ability was completely countered and she was put against a heavy disadvantage against someone who was her slayer and received a power-up through an asspull -_-)

Well thanks that you´ve brought up the term "hax", that makes it easier to explain. The inherent flaw with hax abilities is that they require a natural counter that nullifies them or overwrites them. Since they are hax and don´t play by the rules they can only be beaten by either an even stronger hax ability or something that is a direct counter to them. The same way Dimaria had to be nullified by Ultear. While God Serena is a straightforward fighter and in a regular brawl I´d put my money on him judging by Hiros buildup.

Let me use more popular example eveyone most people in the Anime fandom know and many close minded people consider the most OP ability of all.
The Deathnote, which is a 1hit kill ability. Although this ability is utterly haxed and could kill characters like Goku or Frieza.
Nonetheless this ability is completely worthless against a character like Alucard who has stacked 1ups and can ressurect himself on a whim.
Now Dimaria and other Hax characters have the same issues, depending on the authors Hiro´s mood he can just declare Erza´s Nakagami armor a timespace counter (which he already did) and let her speedblitz Dimaria because her Hax made her sloppy in her combat.
Same applies to Jacob. He had a haxed ability but it was countered by Brandis´s underling because his ability was an anti hax.

On your question, one of the two, maybe both, maybe it´s the chapter the Spriggans are beaten and Zeref declares to go all out and show Natsu "despair".
I only assume that the Spriggans will be dealth with by then. As this is one of Hiro´s favorite moves. Rush through the Elite squad and get to the fight with the main antagonist that may or may not be satisfying.
Jul 26, 2016 5:07 AM
Nov 2015
Isterio said:
TheUltimateOne said:

Well thanks that you´ve brought up the term "hax", that makes it easier to explain. The inherent flaw with hax abilities is that they require a natural counter that nullifies them or overwrites them. Since they are hax and don´t play by the rules they can only be beaten by either an even stronger hax ability or something that is a direct counter to them. The same way Dimaria had to be nullified by Ultear. While God Serena is a straightforward fighter and in a regular brawl I´d put my money on him judging by Hiros buildup.

Let me use more popular example eveyone most people in the Anime fandom know and many close minded people consider the most OP ability of all.
The Deathnote, which is a 1hit kill ability. Although this ability is utterly haxed and could kill characters like Goku or Frieza.
Nonetheless this ability is completely worthless against a character like Alucard who has stacked 1ups and can ressurect himself on a whim.
Now Dimaria and other Hax characters have the same issues, depending on the authors Hiro´s mood he can just declare Erza´s Nakagami armor a timespace counter (which he already did) and let her speedblitz Dimaria because her Hax made her sloppy in her combat.
Same applies to Jacob. He had a haxed ability but it was countered by Brandis´s underling because his ability was an anti hax.

On your question, one of the two, maybe both, maybe it´s the chapter the Spriggans are beaten and Zeref declares to go all out and show Natsu "despair".
I only assume that the Spriggans will be dealth with by then. As this is one of Hiro´s favorite moves. Rush through the Elite squad and get to the fight with the main antagonist that may or may not be satisfying.

I get your point but how will Serena deal with Age Seal?
Jul 26, 2016 5:23 AM
Oct 2013
TheUltimateOne said:

Good point, but that´s where the bullshit kicks in and Hiro could pull two options out of his ass.

1. He´s an Age dragon slayer too! A power from a Dragon capable of manipulating time.
2. The,If you have enough magical power you can nulify someone elses ability trope!

You know this ability? It´s Suì-Fēng Shikai Suzumebachi and it´s ability is a two hit deathstrike. You get hit by it twice on the same spot and you die 100%, without exception.

Guess what happened when this guy got hit by it twice?

My power is too magnificient therefore this ability doesnt wotk on me!

Deal with it!

Option 3: The logical one. She would win against him specifically due to hax, but because she can be outhaxed by Fairy Tail she loses.
Option 4: The other logical one. She gets Speedblitzed like Acnologia Speedblitzed Serena before she can activate her ability.
IsterioJul 26, 2016 5:30 AM
Jul 26, 2016 7:07 AM
Nov 2015
Isterio said:
TheUltimateOne said:

Good point, but that´s where the bullshit kicks in and Hiro could pull two options out of his ass.

1. He´s an Age dragon slayer too! A power from a Dragon capable of manipulating time.
2. The,If you have enough magical power you can nulify someone elses ability trope!

You know this ability? It´s Suì-Fēng Shikai Suzumebachi and it´s ability is a two hit deathstrike. You get hit by it twice on the same spot and you die 100%, without exception.

Guess what happened when this guy got hit by it twice?

My power is too magnificient therefore this ability doesnt wotk on me!

Deal with it!

Option 3: The logical one. She would win against him specifically due to hax, but because she can be outhaxed by Fairy Tail she loses.
Option 4: The other logical one. She gets Speedblitzed like Acnologia Speedblitzed Serena before she can activate her ability.

Yeah I was thinking of option 2 too lol.

I don't see option 4 happening though unless Acnologia is pissed at Zeref some way and proceeds to kill his 'elites'.
Jul 26, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2013
Finally Gildarts is back! Now here's to hoping he makes quick work of three or four of these Spriggan who were already defeated so he can battle it out with August.
Jul 26, 2016 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
Natsu: i'm going to devour you!!! blah blahblahblahblahblahblah

Gildarts: Step aside, boy...
I'm hungry as hell

I guess we can tell which one of them is more effective....
Jul 26, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Ghostini said:
Finally Gildarts is back! Now here's to hoping he makes quick work of three or four of these Spriggan who were already defeated so he can battle it out with August.

Just what this manga needs: even more villain burials.
Jul 27, 2016 8:18 AM
Jul 2016
Well here are my fight prediction from 496 forward:

My fight predictions after 496:
August vs Gildarts,

Neinhart vs Mystogan,

Eileen vs Erza (Maybe with kagura)

White Dragneel vs Acnologia

Di Maria vs Oracion Seis, Meredy and maybe Ultear

Jellal vs Zeref
Jul 27, 2016 10:46 PM

Sep 2013
Natsu and company going fighting the big army.
Gildarts finally shows up and he looks like Odin/Thor XD
Jul 28, 2016 4:22 PM
May 2015
Yoo, happy 10th anniversary to Fairy Tail!!
OMG GILDARTS!?!! I literally did not recognize him. I'm definitely looking forward to see what he'll do.
Jul 28, 2016 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
Im not hyped for Gildarts return, duh :/

3.1/5
Jul 29, 2016 4:54 AM

Mar 2016
10 th anniversay celebrate covers,and gildarts just be a grandfather XD
Jul 29, 2016 5:13 AM
Feb 2015
AragamiEater said:
10 th anniversay celebrate covers,and gildarts just be a grandfather XD

He might kill the person who wants to marry Cana.
Jul 31, 2016 2:10 AM
Nov 2015
Oh my gosh, just from the spoilers, next chapter looks like trash. I sincerely hope they're fake.

@frostmourn If they are true, prepare to be disgusted by Hiro next chapter.
Sep 29, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2016
HYPEHYPEHYPE!
Team natsu charge in to take back there guild! Everyone eventually joins in! Wonder how they will take down Zeref ...
But get stopped by God Serena! (Poor natsu only got a little food lol) as they almost look fucked ..Gildarts!!! AAAAAAH MAXHYPE!! ABOUT damn time Mashima!!

And Congrats on Fairy Tail's 10th Anniversary (mayby a little late but ooo whale xD )
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 7, 2016 4:58 AM

Dec 2015
Finally Gildarts decided to show up.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 11, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2015
About freaking time! Gildarts finally appeared and is about to tear some holes in the enemy lines! Go get your guild back, Fairy Tail!
May 11, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2014
gildarts.... he appears now....Son of a.......
Aug 27, 2017 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
I forgot about that old geezer Gildarts that he still exist
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 15, 2018 11:08 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, I forgot about Gildarts, time to kick Serena's ass.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.