Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 24, 2016 3:36 PM
Apr 2015
So as you well know this anime is quite hyped up so I've been wondering do you think that there will be a second season. In my opinion I think so... Because the novel is not finished and I don't think the anime industry will let a chance to milk the holy cow of money vanish out of their grips so yeah but what are your thoughts on this .. Do you think there will be a second season or not?
Jul 24, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2016
nah man, I dont think for a while. Anime is so close to current LN, Anime is on Vol 6 of 8. We gonna have to wait homie ಠ_ಥ
Jul 24, 2016 4:06 PM

Jul 2015
_Hans_ said:
nah man, I dont think for a while. Anime is so close to current LN, Anime is on Vol 6 of 8. We gonna have to wait homie ಠ_ಥ

I heard that arc 4 could take up 2 cours, is that true?
Jul 24, 2016 4:09 PM

Jul 2015
terminador_2397 said:
_Hans_ said:

Arc 4 is longer than arc 3, so it could be possible (arc 5 is shorter than arc 4, but longer than arc3).
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 24, 2016 4:14 PM
Mar 2015
Sometimes791 said:
terminador_2397 said:

Arc 4 is longer than arc 3, so it could be possible (arc 5 is shorter than arc 4, but longer than arc3).

in what arc are we now ? arc 3 or 4 ?
Jul 24, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
MBarcamilan1 said:
Sometimes791 said:

We are currently in arc 3.
Jul 24, 2016 4:43 PM

Jun 2014
Sometimes791 said:
MBarcamilan1 said:

Wait, what?

In the remaining two volumes, there's an arc 4 which is longer than 3 and an arc 5? How does it all fit
Jul 24, 2016 4:48 PM
Mar 2011
Ein said:
Sometimes791 said:

Wait, what?

In the remaining two volumes, there's an arc 4 which is longer than 3 and an arc 5? How does it all fit

I think he may be talking about the Web Novel.
Jul 24, 2016 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
Kattsun said:
Ein said:

Wait, what?

Oh so there's a web novel
Jul 24, 2016 4:54 PM
Mar 2011
Ein said:
Kattsun said:

Oh so there's a web novel

Yeah, but on topic:
I do think there'll be a second season.
But I wouldn't hope to see it before Tokyo Olympics. Just a feeling.
Jul 24, 2016 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Ein said:

Wait, what?

No, the remain 2 volumes are arc 3 too, the arc 3 will end at volume 9 of the Light Novel (that will be released this september) and will be the end of this anime season. Arc 4 and next for now are only in Web Novel format (that is currently at arc 6)

Edit: got ninja'd
Jul 24, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2015
No, the remain 2 volumes are arc 3 too, the arc 3 will end at volume 9 of the Light Novel (that will be released this september) and will be the end of this anime season. Arc 4 and next for now are only in Web Novel format (that is currently at arc 6)

Edit: got ninja'd[/quote]

I'm not sure if there are any real rules about releasing content in anime before the LN is released, but the anime, if there's no delay, will end a week before volume 9 is released. Do you think they'll still go ahead and adapt the rest of arc 3?
Jul 24, 2016 5:05 PM
Dec 2014
I don't think there was any web novel adaptations before (not mentioning garden of sinners)

Because it's better to get the information from the light novel rather than the web novel in my openion, and also in the directors' openion
Jul 24, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Edit: got ninja'd

I'm not sure if there are any real rules about releasing content in anime before the LN is released, but the anime, if there's no delay, will end a week before volume 9 is released. Do you think they'll still go ahead and adapt the rest of arc 3?

The original writer cooperates with the studio, so there shouldn't be a problem. The reason why they release the ninth volume around September is to boost the sales. And the director has probably read the WN as well, so we should get the WN/LN ending.
Jul 24, 2016 5:12 PM

Aug 2015
Sometimes791 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

The original writer cooperates with the studio, so there shouldn't be a problem. The reason why they release the ninth volume around September is to boost the sales. And the director has probably read the WN as well, so we should get the WN/LN ending.

Well, idk how much authority authors have over the publishing company in terms of the anime in terms of stuff like that. But I assume they would allow it to happen to boost sales, I can't imagine why they wouldn't if only for there being a reason they aren't allowed to.
Jul 24, 2016 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
zaidk said:
I don't think there was any web novel adaptations before (not mentioning garden of sinners)

Because it's better to get the information from the light novel rather than the web novel in my openion, and also in the directors' openion

Log Horizon's 2nd season got adapted straight from it's web novel source, so that could happen to Re:Zero too.
Jul 24, 2016 5:19 PM

Mar 2012
The Web Novel is currently up to around the beggining of arc 6 and hasn't been updated since February cause the author is supervising the anime adaptation but he will get back to it when it finishes airing.

However we already have enough content to make up to 30 volumes worth of light novel material from the web novel and the light novel gets a new volume released every four months.

He is planning a total of 11 arcs and estiamting to finish it of with over 60 volumes worth content at least...as he already knows all details he wants to write all the way to the end.

if he wanted to he could make a second season just after this one airs and the chapters that make arc 4 are about the same when u combine all the first three arcs chapters total.

But the more likely scenario is that he will wait a couple of years and than make a season 2 just as soon as the content for arc 4 comes out in light novel form.

the novel and anime have already been proven to be a success and if he intends to write up to 60 volumes releasing 4 every year we have another 13 to 15 years before the novels ends so im sure at some point he will make another anime to keep promoting the novel matearial.

i think these are reasonable deductions that will secure a second season in the future..my next bet it will be released in about 2 years from now.
Jul 24, 2016 9:42 PM

Aug 2015
-ShadowClaw- said:
The Web Novel is currently up to around the beggining of arc 6 and hasn't been updated since February cause the author is supervising the anime adaptation but he will get back to it when it finishes airing.

However we already have enough content to make up to 30 volumes worth of light novel material from the web novel and the light novel gets a new volume released every four months.

He is planning a total of 11 arcs and estiamting to finish it of with over 60 volumes worth content at least...as he already knows all details he wants to write all the way to the end.

if he wanted to he could make a second season just after this one airs and the chapters that make arc 4 are about the same when u combine all the first three arcs chapters total.

But the more likely scenario is that he will wait a couple of years and than make a season 2 just as soon as the content for arc 4 comes out in light novel form.

the novel and anime have already been proven to be a success and if he intends to write up to 60 volumes releasing 4 every year we have another 13 to 15 years before the novels ends so im sure at some point he will make another anime to keep promoting the novel matearial.

i think these are reasonable deductions that will secure a second season in the future..my next bet it will be released in about 2 years from now.

Did he say he was planning 11 arcs in an interview or something? Could you send me a link? I'm honestly interested in hearing more about the future of this series.
Jul 25, 2016 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
AvidAnimeViewer said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Did he say he was planning 11 arcs in an interview or something? Could you send me a link? I'm honestly interested in hearing more about the future of this series.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/comments/4r2ih9/read_before_posting_rezero_information_hub/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 18, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.