Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 24, 2016 9:25 AM

May 2014
SasaKanekiPede said:
xxSaspra said:
!!!

that was a little confusing to follow. kaneki being oek wasn't terribly surprising, but that execution was a+,

so arima was oek after eto then? will have to reread carefully sometime.

Actually, the "One-Eyed King" never existed (Hence we never see the true face of the "OEK". Just an old skeleton with a crown). Eto started that as a myth to make every ghoul AND human know that the One-Eyed King is the strongest and undefeated. So when the OEK finally comes to, he can be a symbol, a hope for ghouls and humans alike.

After her duel with Arima, he asks her the reason for doing what she is doing and she tells him that she wants to fuck up this world and start a new world.

So, since Arima is the strongest and the undefeated CCG reaper, Eto "made" him the OEK. In my opinion, Arima didn't even know that he is the OEK.

Meanwhile, Arima had his own reasons for training Kaneki because he has a very short time to live. 2 birds 1 stone.

Hence, Eto wished for Kaneki to kill the OEK and now that the OEK (Arima) is dead, the throne is empty. Whether Kaneki will sit on that throne or not, it's up to him. And, he certainly IS sitting on the throne.

Actually this isnt correct. According to Eto the OEK did exist, he was the whole reason why V formed the CCG, because the original OEK was way too strong.
I dont know what happened with him though, since it wasnt explained if the Washuu was able to defeat him or let him escape, but for some reason they are looking for the king even now, we can asume that they are looking for an another "King" since it happened 100 years ago.

Also the Washuu's are stong as hell too, since it was said the family head defeated multiple SSS ranked ghouls, but he is old now.
Jul 24, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2013
I feel the series is going to end somewhere in 2017. Unless we will get a part 3. Solid chapter. 4/5
Jul 24, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2016
All hail King Kaneki

Holy shit I'm fangirling so hard right now

Jul 24, 2016 3:33 PM
Feb 2016
Holy shit Ishida Sui.

- "RE" MEANS "KING"
Jul 24, 2016 3:45 PM
Feb 2016
RaidenHUN said:
SasaKanekiPede said:

Actually, the "One-Eyed King" never existed (Hence we never see the true face of the "OEK". Just an old skeleton with a crown). Eto started that as a myth to make every ghoul AND human know that the One-Eyed King is the strongest and undefeated. So when the OEK finally comes to, he can be a symbol, a hope for ghouls and humans alike.

After her duel with Arima, he asks her the reason for doing what she is doing and she tells him that she wants to fuck up this world and start a new world.

So, since Arima is the strongest and the undefeated CCG reaper, Eto "made" him the OEK. In my opinion, Arima didn't even know that he is the OEK.

Meanwhile, Arima had his own reasons for training Kaneki because he has a very short time to live. 2 birds 1 stone.

Hence, Eto wished for Kaneki to kill the OEK and now that the OEK (Arima) is dead, the throne is empty. Whether Kaneki will sit on that throne or not, it's up to him. And, he certainly IS sitting on the throne.

Actually this isnt correct. According to Eto the OEK did exist, he was the whole reason why V formed the CCG, because the original OEK was way too strong.
I dont know what happened with him though, since it wasnt explained if the Washuu was able to defeat him or let him escape, but for some reason they are looking for the king even now, we can asume that they are looking for an another "King" since it happened 100 years ago.

Also the Washuu's are stong as hell too, since it was said the family head defeated multiple SSS ranked ghouls, but he is old now.

You know the Washu are Ghouls right (and pretty strong at that), so I believe that whole V forming the CCG "because of the OEK" is a lie, to me they formed the CCG for supremacy, protecting from the humans and of course for some hidden agenda yet to be reviled.

The CCG is full of ghouls. *this is how I see things currently*
Jul 24, 2016 3:46 PM

May 2014
Well, good for Kaneki.

Jul 24, 2016 10:32 PM
Dec 2015
All Eto needs to do is take a bite out of Kaneki. That's it!! Please ishida sensei make it happen :(
Jul 25, 2016 12:43 AM
Jan 2015
so , "One Eyed King " was a title rather than a person , the shit finally get real !!

and Hirako quit like a boss !!!
Jul 25, 2016 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
Nooooo, Eto died. Well, this chapter was insanely amazing though. Can’t wait to see what Kaneki does next.
Btw, what do the zero squad plan to do with those special classes?
Jul 25, 2016 5:50 AM
Apr 2015
Well, there's something I don't actually understand... Why could have been the OEK, the great ghoul's hope, the one who will lead the revolition, someone who has killed so many ghouls (though he didn't enjoy it at least). Man he killed Touka's mother for f*** sake...
Jul 25, 2016 8:13 AM

Oct 2015
OMG That reveal ! Kaneki so cool !
I knew ma boy Arima was that important :3
Jul 25, 2016 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Kvothe51 said:
ma103 said:

So much butthurt in one post. You know Arima has no plans of killing them and Eto, a SSS ghoul, was meant to save their asses. Their escape from the supposed danger situation is completely justified. Even after all this, you're still insisting on the plot armor? You are special one. Go look up the definition of plot armor.

All Eto did was stopping the splatting thing (ghoul disposer / whatever) from stopping their escape. Never mind they fought Arima and multiple Special Class investigators without actually losing any one of them.

Although it could be said Arima let them live because he cared about Kaneki, you really can't deny Ishida insists on letting them live because he still needs them for the plot, or because some of the fans care too much about them.

For all that, it's still 50/50 for me if Eto is actually dead or not. She probabsy is, but I really don't want her to be killed of screen like that. She's too interesting of a character.

I believe you overlooked Eto's claim of "lending a hand to Kaneki". That shows her main purpose of destroying the ghoul disposer is to save :re. I mean, how else do you expect her to save them. As for Arima, it's obvious why they survived. Their survival is explainable and no coincidence at all. In regards to the current fight, you have to be aware that they are a bunch of SS-rated ghouls. It's no small feat even for 2 special classes to take them down and they have only been fighting for like 2 chapters?

You lot were saying :re is irrelevant and now thinks Ishida is saving them for the plot? I'm little confused here.

I agreed that Eto if she were to die, her death has to be way more grand than this. Hopefully she doesn't become another Hairu. Maybe they could get Banjou to fix her up since he appears to have access to some healing kagune like Nico. She deserves better closure.
Jul 25, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
Oh, pretty nice how Arima had been practically warming the bench for Kaneki for quite some time. Wouldn't have guessed it was an Arima-Eto joint effort.
uh oh!
Jul 25, 2016 3:03 PM

Oct 2015
ma103 said:
Kvothe51 said:

All Eto did was stopping the splatting thing (ghoul disposer / whatever) from stopping their escape. Never mind they fought Arima and multiple Special Class investigators without actually losing any one of them.

Although it could be said Arima let them live because he cared about Kaneki, you really can't deny Ishida insists on letting them live because he still needs them for the plot, or because some of the fans care too much about them.

For all that, it's still 50/50 for me if Eto is actually dead or not. She probabsy is, but I really don't want her to be killed of screen like that. She's too interesting of a character.

I believe you overlooked Eto's claim of "lending a hand to Kaneki". That shows her main purpose of destroying the ghoul disposer is to save :re. I mean, how else do you expect her to save them. As for Arima, it's obvious why they survived. Their survival is explainable and no coincidence at all. In regards to the current fight, you have to be aware that they are a bunch of SS-rated ghouls. It's no small feat even for 2 special classes to take them down and they have only been fighting for like 2 chapters?

You lot were saying :re is irrelevant and now thinks Ishida is saving them for the plot? I'm little confused here.

I agreed that Eto if she were to die, her death has to be way more grand than this. Hopefully she doesn't become another Hairu. Maybe they could get Banjou to fix her up since he appears to have access to some healing kagune like Nico. She deserves better closure.

Im just here agreeing with you on the eto thing since we need a round two against furata.

Re: is probably relevent to something seeing as nishio as serpent was hunting down members of aogori the first few chapters of Re:. for all we know the coffee shop crew and banjous gang could be doing something the whole time behind the scenes. Maybe Amon like Ken encountered re: group when he needed it the most and was stuck with them the whole time and told them about the ccg being possibly behind halve ghoul experiments since amon was figuring some stuff out before the battle in the 20th ward that no one else knew because he did not know who to trust in the ccg. also lets not forget sachi possibly telling them stuff when he went to get rize off them who could be with re group again seeing how sachi is dead and they have no where else to go.
Jul 25, 2016 6:44 PM

Dec 2015
That was really amazing
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 25, 2016 11:01 PM

Sep 2013
The irony is that no one beat Arima, he killed himself :'(
Jul 28, 2016 1:49 AM
Mar 2016
That was literally Amazing.
Don't want Eto to die!!! please!!
and can anyone tell me in which fricking language "re" means "king"? xD
Before you're dead
I'll fuck you in bed,
Do me anal instead
That's what she said.

Now you can die :))
Jul 28, 2016 3:59 PM
Mar 2016
Cyborg_Dragon said:
Akiiru said:

Yes that makes sense actually! and I doubt it will be Mutsuki because all the other characters (Joker, Jack and both Kings) have been introduced since part 1. She's probably a side-story just like Tsukiyama, Kirishimas, Houji, the QS squad and so on...

Why I say mutsuki is because I feel she will have a fight with kaneki which will be similar to the fight with arima in part one. with kaneki beating her or something. She is also made out as a female version of kaneki with parellels to part one also when she is not mutsuki she is some entirely different force that we dont know the full power of. so her evil side being a one eyed queen could be possible and will be used to fight the king as the washuus and v will need someone to take on the king and mutsuki would be the perfect role.

it also can possibly be yasuhisa but thats a long shot itself since they are not built up. the only things to support them is similar abilities to Kaneki as a halve ghoul and the fact they are able to possibly kill juuzou the closest thing in the ccg to arima.

Yeah that makes sense though. Mutstuki being used by V to fight against the King. Nice!

and I almost forgot about the twins. They have very little appearance in the story after all. Albeit they have similarities with Kaneki. So thats a possibility too!
Jul 28, 2016 4:34 PM

Mar 2012
igowhooping said:
That was literally Amazing.
Don't want Eto to die!!! please!!
and can anyone tell me in which fricking language "re" means "king"? xD

Maltese.////////
Jul 28, 2016 7:22 PM

Aug 2014
ichii_1 said:

Ken outsmarted and left him without any options. Even if it wasn't a pure physical win, he still beat Arima.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jul 28, 2016 8:08 PM

Sep 2013
Maledict said:
ichii_1 said:

Ken outsmarted and left him without any options. Even if it wasn't a pure physical win, he still beat Arima.

Realizing Arima was taking it easy on him and was pushing him to get stronger is outsmarting him now?
That ken didn't try to kill him anymore was a disappointment for Arima, so he offed himself.
Jul 29, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
Arima stopped playing around when he pulled out the SSS-quinque while Ken started trying to beat him as well. Both of them were going at it for real, until he was outsmarted by Ken's use of the Eto mouths, got his quinque broken and legitimately lost.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jul 29, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:
Maledict said:

Realizing Arima was taking it easy on him and was pushing him to get stronger is outsmarting him now?
That ken didn't try to kill him anymore was a disappointment for Arima, so he offed himself.

That was a half assed fight. It's not possible to tell who is stronger. The sole purpose of the fight is to 'awake' Kaneki. It felt like a hardcore training rather than a death fight.

The reason Arima is passing the torch is because his time is running out rather than Ken is stronger than him.
Jul 29, 2016 3:39 PM

Nov 2015
OMG!! This is awesome. All hail Kaneki
Aug 4, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 2012
Gonna miss Arima btw did just kaneki tell us that Arima is his father ,interesting .

Aug 23, 2016 4:56 PM

Nov 2015

I envy you guys how you catch so many details and seem to enjoy this more than me =(
I want to join the collective joy.

Ishida's art is too deep for me!!
Seeing some comments using images of the first part (Tokyo Ghoul) makes me see how well written and planned the story is.

Oh, I now I see why there was this fuzz about AriEto... oh god xD

PD: Writing this after watching chapter 89 xD
Nov 30, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
Kaneki is the new One-Eyed King
Jan 12, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2015
Masterfully done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2017 3:20 AM

May 2016
So finally the one eyed king appeared.
May 26, 2017 5:08 AM
Mar 2014
HE'S THE KING, FINALLY.
Oct 1, 2017 8:45 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, we finally learned the meaning of Re.
Nov 11, 2018 11:29 AM

Jan 2016
What a fucking chapter. 5/5

PS. Eto my girl, plz don't die... ;_;
Nov 23, 2018 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
Kaneki is the One Eyed King!
Wow, so RE means king, awesome!
Nov 6, 2019 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
It actually took me so much time to start Tokyo Ghoul:re because I thought it was a reboot for Tokyo Ghoul and for 80 chapters after discovering that it's actually a sequel, I kept wondering why is it called "re". That was really a good one Ishida.

Apr 24, 2020 8:47 AM

Jun 2017
DAIO said:
I'm here like... Ok...? While everyone else is fanboying over OEK Kaneki. I made jokes about Kaneki being the OEK all along because of how lame of a plot twist it would be, but lo and behold, it came true... Can you guys honestly say you're satisfied with this? Cuz I don't.

Omg! I'm glad to see a comment(though 4 years ago) that I can agree with! Honestly! the plot twist is like written by a child.

How in the world can some people call this author "genius?"

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 28, 2021 2:41 AM

Apr 2020
With what Takatsuki said, was Arima the One-Eyed King? Or what is going on?

Banjo got his Kagune!!!
Aura hot!
Hirako quits lol.
Yes, so Arima really was the One-Eyed King!
And now Kaneki is the One Eyed King!!!!
Re means "king"
--AbiSa--
Mar 6, 2022 9:07 PM

Mar 2021
lol so that's why i see kaneki with crown in many arts
May 14, 2022 11:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I read this chapter long ago, and a bit further, but never written on the forums, since I want to finish the manga I was re-reading and reading these few chapters again, I gotta say, I just love Re more than the original manga, at least so far.

Sure the start was slow, but it introduced almost a new angle to things and it was an interesting development for Ken, coming of the prequel, I really like how Re was built, and it all culminates in these last two chapters.

It is sad that both Eto and Arima are gone, and I was frustrated then, and I m still now, that the fucking clown was able to destroy Eto like that, I call it bullshit, she should have destroyed that fucker clean...

Outside that, with everything that has resulted thus far, and the few chapters ahead I had read, really, this is just better than the original.

I cant see how shit the finale would be, that would throw away all this nice momentum.

Really hope someone makes that clown suffer a long LONG death.

Aftter the initial 10-30 chapters, this manga has been wild, so much feels, a lot of deaths that actually caught me suprised by how much I cared.
Aug 29, 2022 2:25 PM
Jan 2021
ban gerqgwegergwgrw
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.