Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 23, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit that ending.

"Re" means "King".
Jul 23, 2016 9:27 AM

May 2015
Well.... looks like the world is gonna burn after this arc :D

Jul 23, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
Why did they cut Eto's part? Don't kill my darling offscreen :o
Jul 23, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Well shit. That was actually amazing.
Jul 23, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
I wasn't really into Arima being the king.
I mean there's just too many bullshit with this and Ishida better fix it all.

Arf ... Anyway, 5/5
Jul 23, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2013
Why be a king, when you can be a god?
Jul 23, 2016 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Ishida is making those who whined about Kirishima's "plot armor" look like complete idiots (Again) and I'm loving it.
Jul 23, 2016 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
When we think Kirishimas are going to die, something happens to seve their Rabbit lives
Jul 23, 2016 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
-Kaneki and Hirako are heading for the reactor on their way out, I presume. They stumble upon Eto, she seems beyond fucked up. Eto helped them to help Kaneki, and she wants nothing in return. Don't die Eto, please.

-Continuation of the battle. Touka is keeping up, nice. She survived long enough for Banjou and co. to cover them. Yomo gets a good kick in. Ayato is fucked up. Based MILF is tearing them apart. Mougan took care of Yomo, it appears. Squad 0 attacks Aura and Mougan. He quits? How based can Hirako get. Arima let Eto go that one time, Arima is looking like a bigger bro with every reveal of his past? Arima was the OEK all along? I can see where that's coming from, but it feels kind of off. Ohoho, Kaneki is the king now? Guess the memes came true, Eto's dream came true too, atleast she'll die knowing that she completed her job.

-Good chapter, Eto seems to have died. I sure as fuck hope she didn't.
A man can dream.
UltvejJul 23, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 23, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2010
KANEKI LOOKS SO DAMN BA!!!!!! Best look he's ever had. Love the Scarf like cover. He looks SAVAGE!!!

So Donato wants to meet Ken now? Does he know that Arima is dead?
What about Furuta? He didn't know that Arima is the OEK
So Uta > Furuta

How the hell is Touka this strong now....

Hirako's I QUIT was so lol
Jul 23, 2016 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
Kanekis kagune looks absolutely disgusting
It looks slimy. I hope it gets grosser
Jul 23, 2016 9:57 AM

Apr 2015
Holy, shit! That ending... my brain is fucked.

I can't take it. I gotta talk about this later... just... fuck. <_>

Still, the way Hirako just said "I quit" out of nowhere was pretty fucking funny. :P
Jul 23, 2016 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
imao i really didn't like the idea of arim begin OEK it's kind tick me off
and please don't kill eto just like this it's bullshit

touka doing most of the job is to be expected since ayato did most of the fight in cochela and yomo was nearly killed by arima and hinami can't fight to begin with
and kaneki at the end was badass as f#$k
Jul 23, 2016 10:04 AM

Oct 2015
now we find out why the series is called re, ishida is a genius

Some epic chapter hirako is a boss when its comes to quitting jobs. I am still wondering where furata is he will be the real fight after morgan and aura or he will like the clown he is observe from a distance to hide his identity when backup arrives for the rest of the ccg since if he did show up he will be seriously outnumbered maybe in the future wait for a rematch between him and eto maybe if she is alive.

by the way we have tokyo ghoul jack, joker and now king but no queen anyone else think that might be a possible part 3.

Cyborg_DragonJul 23, 2016 10:08 AM
Jul 23, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
!!!

that was a little confusing to follow. kaneki being oek wasn't terribly surprising, but that execution was a+,

so arima was oek after eto then? will have to reread carefully sometime.
Jul 23, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
That was amazing!
i'm kinda sad we loss Eto tho
Jul 23, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
xxSaspra said:
!!!

that was a little confusing to follow. kaneki being oek wasn't terribly surprising, but that execution was a+,

so arima was oek after eto then? will have to reread carefully sometime.

Actually, the "One-Eyed King" never existed (Hence we never see the true face of the "OEK". Just an old skeleton with a crown). Eto started that as a myth to make every ghoul AND human know that the One-Eyed King is the strongest and undefeated. So when the OEK finally comes to, he can be a symbol, a hope for ghouls and humans alike.

After her duel with Arima, he asks her the reason for doing what she is doing and she tells him that she wants to fuck up this world and start a new world.

So, since Arima is the strongest and the undefeated CCG reaper, Eto "made" him the OEK. In my opinion, Arima didn't even know that he is the OEK.

Meanwhile, Arima had his own reasons for training Kaneki because he has a very short time to live. 2 birds 1 stone.

Hence, Eto wished for Kaneki to kill the OEK and now that the OEK (Arima) is dead, the throne is empty. Whether Kaneki will sit on that throne or not, it's up to him. And, he certainly IS sitting on the throne.

SasaKanekiPedeJul 23, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 23, 2016 10:17 AM

Nov 2013
And with 1 chapter Ishida set in stone why he is the king of all Mangaka.
Makes youw jaw drop when you think about that masterpiece we call part one was just a huge fucking set up for all this.

Now get ready to wet yourself people, the real shit is starting now. RIP to the people who can't handle the mind blowing that will come.
Jul 23, 2016 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
> I don't want my girl Eto to die!
> Arima was the OEK? Really????
> Finally a Kirishima dying?
> Hirako badass!
> This seems like the end of CCG. Cochlea is in the brink of destruction, Yoshitoki died, Arima died...
> KANEKI KEN: THE ONE EYED KING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jul 23, 2016 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
Ty-Ki said:
And with 1 chapter Ishida set in stone why he is the king of all Mangaka.
Makes youw jaw drop when you think about that masterpiece we call part one was just a huge fucking set up for all this.

Now get ready to wet yourself people, the real shit is starting now. RIP to the people who can't handle the mind blowing that will come.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jul 23, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
Woo hoo! Hirako is badass, Kaneki is badass, and Aura is datass.

10/10 chapter. But please just don't let my girl Eto die :(
Said all I want from you is to see you tomorrow and every tomorrow, maybe you’ll let me borrow your heart.
Jul 23, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
WOW! A LOT has happened in one chapter..... ._______.

I seriously hope Eto did not die!! I really appreciated that she assisted Anteiku, though. <3

So Arima was the one-eyed king? Wow. And that ending was A+!! Kaneki looked so badass and when he said, "I am...the one-eyed king," there was SO much intensity! "Re means King" was smart of Ishida. (Y)

LOL, I want to take a moment to applaud Hirako for leaving his letter of resignation. xDD

I really hope our Anteiku babies are okay... Ayato really isn't looking too good. I was hoping Kaneki would jump in when Yomo got hurt. >< Bravo to Touka, but how much more can she take?!
Cloe900311Jul 23, 2016 10:25 AM
Jul 23, 2016 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
BOW DOWN TO THE KING!!!

Hirako throwing in his resignation was beyond priceless and his stone cold expression made it even better.

Ishida my man, for the love of god you better not kill off Eto!

One last thing : Kiyoko, please sit on my fucking face...that is all.
Jul 23, 2016 10:25 AM

Oct 2015
After reading the last line about "re" meaning king in many languages I did a little research. I've compiled a list of languages in which king is something alike "re", ordered by how alike it is. These might not be all of them, and some near the end are quite different.

re - Maltese
re - Corsican
re - Italian
rí - Irish
rei - Galician
rei - Catalan
rei - Portuguese
rey - Spanish
rex - Latin
roi - French
reĝo - Esperanto
rege - Romanian
righ - Scots gaelic
raja - Sundanese
राजा (raaja) - Hindi
রাজা (Rājā) - Bengali
રાજા (Rājā) - Gujarati
raja - Indonesian
ರಾಜ (Rāja) - Kannada
राजा (Rājā) - Marathi
राजा (Rājā) - Nepali
රජ (raja) - Sinhala
ராஜா (Rājā) - Tamil
രാജാവ് (rājāv) - Malayalam
ਰਾਜੇ ਨੇ (Rājē nē) - Punjabi
రాజు (Rāju) - Telegu
errege - Basque
Jul 23, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2016
simonprasad said:

Actually, the "One-Eyed King" never existed (Hence we never see the true face of the "OEK". Just an old skeleton with a crown). Eto started that as a myth to make every ghoul AND human know that the One-Eyed King is the strongest and undefeated. So when the OEK finally comes to, he can be a symbol, a hope for ghouls and humans alike.

After her duel with Arima, he asks her the reason for doing what she is doing and she tells him that she wants to fuck up this world and start a new world.

So, since Arima is the strongest and the undefeated CCG reaper, Eto "made" him the OEK. In my opinion, Arima didn't even know that he is the OEK.

Meanwhile, Arima had his own reasons for training Kaneki because he has a very short time to live. 2 birds 1 stone.

Hence, Eto wished for Kaneki to kill the OEK and now that the OEK (Arima) is dead, the throne is empty. Whether Kaneki will sit on that throne or not, it's up to him. And, he certainly IS sitting on the throne.

Wow, that's an interesting explanation! One-eyed King being a symbol of hope between ghouls and humans is a pleasant idea. <3
Cloe900311Jul 26, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 23, 2016 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
That last page though. Kaneki becoming the OEK isn't much of a surprise thanks to all the parallels Ishida has been doing. I also doubt Eto is dead considering she survived and recovered quite fast after getting chopped in half by Kaneki.

Arima helping Eto reveal might seem out of nowhere but it was hinted back during the anteiku arc that she passed through V14 to get to Yoshimura which means Arima just let her pass through back then.

Didn't really care about the rest of the part with Touka part because I know her plot armor was going to save her anyways

"Hirako: I quit."

Why is Hirako so based?
Jul 23, 2016 10:39 AM
Mar 2015
REASON? BECAUSE I WANT TO TAKE THIS **** UP, PIECE OF ***** WORLD, **** IT UP EVEN MORE AND THEN GIVE IT A FACTORY RESET

I Lose brain cells right now my headhurt and i love it thanks ishida-sensei
Jul 23, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Z4k said:

Didn't really care about the rest of the part with Touka part because I know her plot armor was going to save her anyways

So much butthurt in one post. You know Arima has no plans of killing them and Eto, a SSS ghoul, was meant to save their asses. Their escape from the supposed danger situation is completely justified. Even after all this, you're still insisting on the plot armor? You are special one. Go look up the definition of plot armor.
Jul 23, 2016 10:51 AM

Jul 2015
Ishida confirmed god, step aside Goda
Sup...
Jul 23, 2016 10:51 AM

Nov 2014
ASDGJKGHJ THIS F*CKING CHAPTER!!!

The New One Eyed King , Kaneki Ken...granted it was obvious that he was supposed to be the new OEK or was the OEK all along but the way IShida-sensei revealed it to the characters in the story and the fact that Arima and Eto was in cahoots all this time for this moment to come was epic af... ALL HAIL KANEKI(& Ishida Sui)!!!
Jul 23, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
ma103 said:
Z4k said:

So much butthurt in one post. You know Arima has no plans of killing them and Eto, a SSS ghoul, was meant to save their asses. Their escape from the supposed danger situation is completely justified. Even after all this, you're still insisting on the plot armor? You are special one. Go look up the definition of plot armor.

Hey if you enjoyed all those awful last minute saves every time Touka and co. was on screen then it's fine by me. No need to get so triggered.

Nov 2015
Amazing chapter.

Touka managed to use lightning? Nice. Ayato's probably going to recover from this and develop his Chidori/Kirin. ♠
He emitted electrical sparks when he fought against Kaneki; he's actually the first ghoul to ever use lightning in the manga. I don't see him dying yet before mastering that.♣

Agent-PhrankJul 23, 2016 11:01 AM
Sep 2013
Eto No don't leave and all off paneled too. I really held hope that she and Yoshimura would get a least a little conversation. With him explaining the relationship between him and Ukina.
Hirako just quit and had the best expression like owell.
So Arima was truly the one eyed King. Even though he didn't know himself.
But leaving an empty throne for Ken Kaneki to sit. Those last panels Ishida GG.
RE means King.
Things are starting to really come to a head.
What will be Amon role tho?
Jul 23, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
Agent-Phrank said:
Amazing chapter.

Touka managed to use lightning? Nice. Ayato's probably going to recover from this and develop his Chidori/Kirin. ♠
He emitted electrical sparks when he fought against Kaneki; he's actually the first ghoul to ever use lightning in the manga. I don't see him dying yet before mastering that.♣

Didn't Touka's kagune emit electrical sparks against Tsukiyama too? I remember seeing it in the anime.
Jul 23, 2016 11:10 AM

May 2014
I don't want Eto to die. She still has things to do...

Hirako "I quit" was priceless.

Last 2 pages were freaking amazing. Anyone else thought that Kaneki looked like a dragon?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
I'm here like... Ok...? While everyone else is fanboying over OEK Kaneki. I made jokes about Kaneki being the OEK all along because of how lame of a plot twist it would be, but lo and behold, it came true... Can you guys honestly say you're satisfied with this? Cuz I don't.
Jul 23, 2016 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
DAIO said:
I'm here like... Ok...? While everyone else is fanboying over OEK Kaneki. I made jokes about Kaneki being the OEK all along because of how lame of a plot twist it would be, but lo and behold, it came true... Can you guys honestly say you're satisfied with this? Cuz I don't.

Who you prefer to be the new OEK? PlotarmorTouka?
Jul 23, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
simonprasad said:

that cleared up a lot of my confusions; thanks!
Jul 23, 2016 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
physicschild said:
DAIO said:

Who you prefer to be the new OEK? PlotarmorTouka?

A Washuu like maybe Tsuneyoshi Washuu or someone from V would make sense.
Jul 23, 2016 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Z4k said:
ma103 said:

Hey if you enjoyed all those awful last minute saves every time Touka and co. was on screen then it's fine by me. No need to get so triggered.

Hopefully there are more "awful" last minute saves in the future for me to enjoy. Enjoy the chapter.
Jul 23, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
My respect for Ishida !
Jul 23, 2016 12:07 PM

Nov 2015
ZAk said:

Didn't Touka's kagune emit electrical sparks against Tsukiyama too? I remember seeing it in the anime.

Never watched the anime but nice catch.♣ Is the anime even canon? ♠
Rereading that fight- It looks like these faint white lines are the electric sparks. It's a lot more subtle :

That's definitely better depicted in the anime.
Aside from that, it's only been used as a last resort. It's something that will keep the Kirishimas relevant (inevitable training arc where they learn to control their lightning nature) if they want to assist the One-Eyed King. ♠

I wonder if that ability is special to Kirishimas, or if other Ukakus (Itori) can do this?♣
Agent-PhrankJul 23, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 23, 2016 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
OEK/ re reveal is pretty underwhelming, but at least Kaneki looks cool in a gross kinda way..

Hirako resigns like a boss xD
Jul 23, 2016 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
Ishida is a genius, amazing chapter 5/5
Wonder where Donato and Amon are now ??
Jul 23, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
dayummm, we've got ourselves a new arc.
Living is a velleity, because ice cream is life.

Jul 23, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
Omg, so many feels in this chapter. So by one-eyed king, Eto could have been referring to Arima (because he only had one eye). Now that he killed Arima (technically, I mean he WAS able to keep up with him) that makes him the new hope for ghouls, and the One-Eyed King himself. Can't wait for next chapter. His reunion with Touka-chan ahhhhhhh. But Eto.... I'm super sad at her death... I can't believe it... and... is Banjou-san... dead???

Also, looks like the CCG is pretty much dead now. Washu family exposed, Hirako quit, what's going to become of the other investigators? What's Hirako going to do now?

Also, I'm contemplating hard whether I should take a break from this manga. I've binge-read this manga all the way up to 85 and that was just amazing. Not sure if I can deal with that whole "1 chapter per week" tease...

caught in the wonder
Jul 23, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2016
Well since eto was the one who started the myth abt the OEK so that when someone like that arrives he/she can be a hope for all the ghouls.. i guess arima also had a vague idea about this n started working together with eto from that day onwards or someday along the way on a goal to find the OEK..

Hirako saying I quit was fucking awsome!
Ishida hats off!
arjupgJul 23, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 23, 2016 12:25 PM
Apr 2014
DAIO said:

You need to look at the full picture, It was predictible that Kaneki was going to be the OEK, I think people are fanboying over the fact that we finally have confirmation of that, the reveal of Eto and Arima somewhat working together and keeping the throne warm for him, Arima being the former OEK and the significance of :re finally being revealed, this is good way to transition to the next part of the story with Kaneki being the OEK. I'm not fanboying either but I can appreciate what Ishida's done in one chapter.
Jul 23, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2015
DAIO said:

He was not the king from the beginning, he became the king in this chapter. You didn't understand? There was never a king, the throne was waiting for the awakening of a strong ghoul that could kill Arima, and he appeared.
"If this world continues reject me, then I shall reject the world"
Jul 23, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2015
Hirako is a fucking boss
OEK was a power-based title
Kaneki is disgusting, I thought he became a good character
Eto don't die please.. Ayato as well...

And even after all this Amon is playing hide-and-seek, please come to me, want to see my boy Tatara as well
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.