Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 23, 2016 1:09 PM

Nov 2013
KlapKlap said:
VierMill said:

I actually enjoyed Shizuru a lot, a bit rushed towards the end, but not the worse.
Sure, kotarou being completely boring was a lot more fun to read than he actually changing himself during the route and for the girl. But yeah, fuck character development unless they become a tree right?

I enjoyed all routes, but Akane took too long for what happened to be honest.
Though my least favorite was Chihaya, I don't like hot-blooded nekketsu style battles, I would just watch an anime of that style instead if I want to...

Well, this is not the place right to keep this conversation.
Jul 23, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
"Me and parents didn't get along once, live your average teenager."

"Cool, here's my life story."

Other than the comedy this series is so painfully average.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 23, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
Best episode so far, UNTIL that ending scene with Lucia. Seriously, she ruins the show every time she's on screen, and seemingly trying to give her some kind of tragic backstory (Key being Key, and based on that ending, I'm assuming that's where it's going) to garner sympathy is really quite annoying to be honest. That being said, the stuff with Shizuru was interesting and definitely handled well, though I can clearly see that they rushed it.

I'm starting to get closer and closer to wanting to read the VN when all is said and done now, though that won't be for a while given that I've also got to read Umineko at some point.
Jul 23, 2016 1:43 PM
Apr 2012
People should just watch planetarian adaptation instead of this piece of trash... The anime is obviously going to butcher the entire moon/terra route to extent that it will be so underwhelming that nobody will feel a damn thing for any of these characters and the plot will be a cluster fuck. The VN will be ruined for those who haven't played it. It will be much worse than the little busters adaptation. Right now this is worse than charlotte.
Jul 23, 2016 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
flack said:
People should just watch planetarian adaptation instead of this piece of trash... The anime is obviously going to butcher the entire moon/terra route to extent that it will be so underwhelming that nobody will feel a damn thing for any of these characters and the plot will be a cluster fuck. The VN will be ruined for those who haven't played it. It will be much worse than the little busters adaptation. Right now this is worse than charlotte.

I personally think Planetarian is pretty alright... then again I'm a secondary here xD so I can't say much since I couldn't stand Yumemi. "Because I am broken." <--- This annoys me ._. no offense.

But I don't think they would go to Moon/Terra because that would be a shoehorn.
Jul 23, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
rushed af and looks like they'll force follow up with lucia's route next ep.
Jul 23, 2016 1:53 PM

Jun 2014
Grisaia 2.0 Lol.
Im sure the 2nd season of rewrite(if there is one) will be acclaimed while this one is gonna be looked down, just like Clannad, LB and Grisaia.

I guess that's the fate of most VN's adaptation.

Well at least I hope the Kagari route is well done, if not this adaptation is done for.
Jul 23, 2016 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
Well that was a weird way to go about Shizuru's past but I guess it was okay-ish. Now the tough question is just how they'll do Lucia's, since it seems to be up next? Well RiP romance atleast.
Jul 23, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2010
If you don't care that much anymore (like me, huehue), this was probably the best episode yet. At least nothing was butchered, and it didn't hurt my eyes in any way. Of course, if they are seriously going to follow 1 ep 1 girl routine, this series is doomed, and after the last scene with Lucia we can guess it is probably what they are after, but oh well.

At least I can listen to Morita-san voicing Kotarou during common route, that's good enough for me :3

Shizuru's imouto design was kinda boring tho, I expected something better. At least her mum was super cute.
Jul 23, 2016 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
the only good thing about this episode was the ending song lol
Jul 23, 2016 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Well I watched the episode and finished it. I don't really get why this is called a Grisaia 2.0. I think it didn't do anything wrong in all honesty. From a standalone product, it was done very well, sure there were some skipping here and there a bit, but it was put down well in all honesty.

And once again, I think this kinda even expected that well, the song added at the end was pretty well put, and besides I don't really remember Nishikujou and Kotarou talking together after the car scene in all honesty, which was pretty nice of course between their conversations.

Esaka still stays as his eccentric self, of course as expected I really liked how this was paced personally, and they actually build it up in all honesty. My only little issue was that the ending was rather weird placed, because it went from that transition towards Lucia's focusing which of course it leads to her focus next week. We'll see.
Jul 23, 2016 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
I really liked that episode it was cool to see shizurus backstory animated.
Jul 23, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2015
If only they dedicated several episodes at least on Shizuru's backstory, and more episodes to work with, it would've left a much bigger emotional impact.... It was sad, but the big impact wasn't there.

Well, not gonna complain. I'm just watching the show as it is. It was great to hear Nagi Yanagi, though.

Jul 23, 2016 3:25 PM

May 2016
Well, if I dont compare the anime and the vn I could say is not a bad episode, but the problem is a vn actually exists, one that could be considered masterpiece. This anime is not up to par, the drawings are bad, a messed up story, some little things that change the perception of the characters (In the vn Lucia pushed Chihaya because Ohtori wanted to force something on her (I think it was a flower? I cant remember it), and here in the anime she went straight to her and... well you know) and the number of episodes is insufficient. The only good thing is the OST which is from the VN.
Jul 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2010
Other than the Lucia scene at the end (it was really out of place, felt forced and in my opinion was a bad way to end the episode) I really enjoyed the episode.

TheLittleRedHero said:
And once again, I think this kinda even expected that well, the song added at the end was pretty well put, and besides I don't really remember Nishikujou and Kotarou talking together after the car scene in all honesty, which was pretty nice of course between their conversations.

Yep the car scene with Kotarou and Nishikujou is in the VN.

And for those wondering how much money Shizuru actually has it is implied in the VN that
Jul 23, 2016 3:41 PM

Oct 2014
errm, is it me, or are they juming between Routes here? Because as an anime only, i sure get that feeling. And they rushing, too, i am quite sure.

Please, when you adapt a VN, select a Route and stick to it...
Jul 23, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2013
Shrimperor said:
errm, is it me, or are they juming between Routes here? Because as an anime only, i sure get that feeling. And they rushing, too, i am quite sure.

This was part of the common route. Although it still eventually heads into her route.
Jul 23, 2016 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
Felt a little rushed tbh but I still liked it. Although I wasn't that big fan of Shizuru's stuff to begin with.

A lot of hints towards super humans which was pretty interesting. Can't wait to see more of it.

Next episode is going to be a Lucia episode? Doubt we will be getting the full truth but I'm still looking forward to it.

Still an enjoyable episode overall.
Jul 23, 2016 4:57 PM

May 2015
It's wonderful how salty the vn readers are being. And people here in general. I found this episode to be quite enjoyable, in fact. Shizuru's backstory was sad, and it didn't feel like they rushed it. What more could have been added? Still, it is a shame this has 13 episodes, I would've been interested in seeing the rest of Shizuru's route.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2015
Good but fast-paced. I like Shizuru so it's good to get her backstory. Though I wish it weren't so rushed - a 1-episode arc certainly isn't ideal for a main heroine. And with that preview of sorts at the end, looks like we'll have the same thing for the class rep next episode.

It was nice to hear Koibumi for the ending.
Jul 23, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 2014
Shrimperor said:

They will be making a new route for this anime. My guess is they'll go over some of the heroine's backstories rather than doing the events of their routes. The heroines exist in this world, and will likely play a big part in this new route, so it would be nice for anime onlies to know their motivations and why they are the way they are.

After some backstories which I have a feeling will be intertwined with a special event that happens in the VN (since they would need to show a few more things and answers to mysteries to go and talk about some of the other heroines) the plot will really start.
Jul 23, 2016 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
Shut up and let me enjoy the show -_-!
Jul 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Aug 2012
All things considered, expectations properly adjusted, this was pretty good. Maintained a focus on certain two plot points with the Occult scenes and Esaka/Imamiya/Nishikujou, leading into Shizuru's Common. OST was iffy at parts but the last Scene Shifts There was very well timed, the way it hits its climax when Shizuru takes off the eyepatch, then shifts to her mother's PTSD gave it a very bittersweet, but not overdone, tone. The inclusion of Koibumi with accompanying CG animated was also very short and sweet before being drowned out by Kotarou and Nishikujou talkin(not sure why people are complaining about this at all) That made it feel very toned down melancholic, not like they're absolutely trying to make you cry(even tho Tensho said you would but..), which is exactly what Rewrite should be. Pieces like the Scene Shifts There are perfect for conveying this, but hopefully it isn't overused.

The Lucia scenes at the end though, not so good...Except the animation. Could have lead into this much less abruptly, it actually took quite a bit away from everything I mentioned about Shizuru's stuff. Not so good direction there.

BTW, if you're a VN reader and you went into this not expecting the Heroine Common scenes, I simply can't help you. Same if you weren't expecting tracks like Koibumi to used. It was about as obvious as the way they'd implement Moon, honestly. Also shut up and let anime only viewers discuss in peace. Take the repetitive comments to the other thread.

As for anime only viewers, especially those who are privy to moege/charage VN's and feel like the routes are being DEEN/Stay Nighted, this isn't the case (well at least not yet, excluding the infamous krivoy rog/fairy scene..) The only thing I can say is that the Heroine's Common Route content and their Route content are very different stuff.
AlexTheRiotJul 23, 2016 5:30 PM
Jul 23, 2016 5:35 PM

Apr 2014
Are you guys seriously expecting each route for the girls to be adapted? Like each route takes hours to complete, and this is only a 1 cour. No way in hell each route is going to be adapted, not unless 8bit extends the anime to 50+ episodes (lol) but seriously, it's obvious that they are only going to show the backstories and not the whole route for each girl...simply put, don't expect too much from this anime or you'll just get disappointed in the end.
Jul 23, 2016 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
I may be one of those Visual Novel readers that personally didn't mind most of what happened through 4 episodes. And to anime onlies I can simply understand what you guys mean... of course, not going to lie not all Visual Novel readers for this series are bad. I'll say that in the end, it's just there are a few that expected too high up or too much for the series, despite the stuff that we received before have. I will give benefit of the doubt that the people told everyone else sooner about the anime's direction, which then set me ready and I wasn't disappointed though, but I do expect something more (and no Im not expecting each route of the girls covered in one episode, that's bad. At least they're just adapting the Heroine Common Routes).
Jul 23, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
TakeMeInYourArmy said:

Cross Channel is the only objectively fantastic Visual Novel. The rest of the medium is let down by its own subservience to the tropes. Even Rewrite, which I love, is heavily let down by the fact that it's stuck to the VN harem trope that has no importance to the story. At least Cross Channel had the intelligence to criticise those tropes and turn them on their heads, whilst fitting an insane amount of layers and depth to its ideas and message. Seriously, Cross Channel just doesn't get anywhere near enough recognition as it deserves.

My man. No truer words have been posted today. Objectively. C+C is the greatest thing Tanaka will ever do with his life(just ask Nasu) so it's even surprising he was able to put so much into Rewrite. Not sure how I feel about him and his involvement with the anime script at this point, but we'll see.
Jul 23, 2016 6:11 PM
Jul 2015
I can't feel anything but disappointment about this.

First the story. Why they went with Shizuru first? Her route is unlocked after playing other one not only for the ending, but also because even in the common route it spoil certain things. and another thing, you can't simply tell a backstory like Chizuru's in 5 minutes. You just can't. The voice actress had to speed up her speach at the end. Very sad. And The introduction of Lucia rush part was pitiful. Why Lucia and Chihaya act like that if they hadn't the fight on the classroom? And why they present Lucia (not only talking about what she says or what she does, but hew they are drawing her, it is like the only part of her character they half understood is that she is Tsundere) as if she were a bitch? That moments have some impact in the VN because she wasn't like that until then.

Then, the music. How on earth you can miss entering a scene with a song like Scattered Flowers? It starts with the hit of the piano, why you enter the scene diluting the sound? And why you start the song in that moment in the middle of what Shizuru mum is saying? It was like "Hey, here is a sad song. We put it here inmediately before something sad happens because if we do that you will know you have to feel sad now". It completely broke the scene. And just, why Koibumi later? If you are not making Shizuru Route, don't use it's ending. Specially if the ending was designed specifically for the scene where it was played originally.

Surprisingly, I don't have much complains about the visuals. Maybe only the ugly CGI Kilimanjaro.

I use to be that guy that always remind people that every anime has a huge amount of work behind, but if I have to sum up what this adaptation represents to me in only a word, it would be laziness.
roquepoJul 23, 2016 6:29 PM

Jul 23, 2016 6:16 PM
Jun 2013
Shrimperor said:

Not exactly, just a part of the very long common route. It will lead to Shizuru's route. I don't see why "VN Reader" call this episode is "Shizuru's route". Seriously i don't believe they call themselves is "VN Reader" because they can't distinguish which heroine common route or heroine inroute.
Jul 23, 2016 6:24 PM
Jul 2015
halovn113 said:
Shrimperor said:

Not exactly, just a part of the very long common route. It will lead to Shizuru's route. I don't see why "VN Reader" call this episode is "Shizuru's route". Seriously i don't believe they call themselves is "VN Reader" because they can't distinguish which heroine common route or heroine inroute.
This event is exclusive of Shizuru Route. Even if it happens during the common route, it can be considered part of Chizuru's someway. Once you read this, you can only go to Chizuru Route or get a bad end.

Jul 23, 2016 6:37 PM
Dec 2014
Shinjisus said:
halovn113 said:

This event is exclusive of Shizuru Route. Even if it happens during the common route, it can be considered part of Chizuru's someway. Once you read this, you can only go to Chizuru Route or get a bad end.

Please, discuss this in the other thread...
It's just like black bullet, the LN fans are hating the anime then the abime onlies join them without knowing, although they enjoyed it, they believe in the ones who read the source

Seriously, enjoy the anime and don't compare it to the VN
Jul 23, 2016 7:38 PM
Jun 2013
zaidk said:
Shinjisus said:

Please, discuss this in the other thread...
It's just like black bullet, the LN fans are hating the anime then the abime onlies join them without knowing, although they enjoyed it, they believe in the ones who read the source

Seriously, enjoy the anime and don't compare it to the VN

We just answer his question and no more. And i'm enjoy this episode than previous episode. That's all.
Jul 23, 2016 7:50 PM

Oct 2014
rsc-pl said:
In vn Shizuru's backstory was really touching. Here I felt nothing. Nothing strange, amount of time for this was ridiculously small. I bet that most of people who don't know original story won't even understand what happened (ps. they waited many hours for her parents). Not mentioning about whole CD situation, and how many things they changed.
I really want to write something positive but I just can't.

*pats rsc-pl*

Hongu said:
Well if this thread and the rabid Key fans have done anything, it's convince me to never ever touch the Visual Novel. It's practically a warzone in here.

You should, It's good. (at the least. It's not my fav between KEY works, tbh, but I can assure you it's much better than this piece of s*** adaptation.)

Btw, it's typical KEY anime to get shit spammers and flame wars in its thread.
So, yeah, sorry about all of them. :(
Jul 23, 2016 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
shizuru past omg. . next is lucia
Jul 23, 2016 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
This episode is enjoyable (except the transition, it's terrible but we already talked about this). I'm not happy with them putting hours of content into 5 minutes but this time, it's not too bad.
Shinjisus said:
I can't feel anything but disappointment about this.

Then, the music. How on earth you can miss entering a scene with a song like Scattered Flowers? It starts with the hit of the piano, why you enter the scene diluting the sound? And why you start the song in that moment in the middle of what Shizuru mum is saying? It was like "Hey, here is a sad song. We put it here inmediately before something sad happens because if we do that you will know you have to feel sad now". It completely broke the scene. And just, why Koibumi later? If you are not making Shizuru Route, don't use it's ending. Specially if the ending was designed specifically for the scene where it was played originally.

+1. Why Koibumi, why now? The song loses its meaning if we are not in Shizuru route.
Overall, 3/5
Jul 23, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2014
B A C K S T O R Y T I M E ! ! !

Heartbreak to be continued...
Jul 23, 2016 9:28 PM
May 2016
Feels episode for Shizuru. I'm enjoying the humor and cuteness, though I'm completely lost what's going on to the story.
Jul 23, 2016 9:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kagari is so cool that she waltz into the classroom to get her daily nutritious meal and waltz out.

Can't believe Shizuru's parents sold themselves for money just because Shizuru had supernatural powers. Heck they even named their 2nd daughter after Shizuru. I feel bad for Shizuru.

Things are heating up with Lucia and Chihaya.

Jul 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, shame the pacing is way too fast.
Jul 23, 2016 9:59 PM

May 2015
Well I don't quite understand why people think 5 minutes of Shizuru backstory wasn't enough. Just timed it with auto read on and in the VN it only takes 25 minutes, where a lot of it is explaining what is happening visually. Also, I think most people can read faster than the default auto read in the VN.

Anyways, overall so far I really love this show. The anime feels kind of like a mystery you have to solve, and I've seen people who haven't read the VN come up with crazy and fun ideas as to what is going on so far, based on the many small hints spread throughout all the episodes.

If I had to complain about this episode, I would say that the character motivations are kinda unclear, as there simply haven't been enough time to develop the dynamics between the characters. It felt a bit weird that Shizuru would tell Kotarou about her past, since we as views haven't seen them together enough. This is also a problem with the Lucia scene at the end, where the argument between Chihaya and Lucia felt weird.
Jul 23, 2016 10:12 PM

Apr 2011
aaaylmao, shizuru intro route basically used to tie-in the hints from episode 3 about the Sougen and the others at the stand, reveals that the picture Sougen has was of the monster from Shizuru's past and fully confirms that there is an organization/institution that hunts monsters ( "we're ONLINE GAMERS talking about hunting monsters" yea right LOL :o ). what a shame.

from an anime only perspective, this is not the greatest as not enough investment/development was put in. An unlucky superpower individual past but who cares, the information that was needed got tied-in and we'll move on.

Lucia will be a treat to see, it'll be interesting and possibly disappointing to see how they try to transition to the other girls in the following episodes . It felt forced with Lucia at the end scene -that's what you get with 12-13 eps, polish can be saved last- and there's now a small rift between Lucia and Chihaya now (They better make up :^). Chihaya is who I think will be next after Lucia, if they really do plan on moving from one girl to the next. I'm still expecting 6th episode curveball where it doesn't focus on a girl.

legit shocked me when Kagari came in during class, WHY DIDN'T THEY PLAY THE HORROR BGM OMG LOL.
Jul 23, 2016 11:30 PM
Jul 2016
My favorite part of this episode was the ending......when it ended.
I have played the VN though and it was beautiful.
Jul 23, 2016 11:56 PM
Jan 2015
What the hell Rewrite adaptation? Is 13 episodes enough to cover all the routes of Koutarou's girls? Err...

PS: I am currently blogging shows this season and I hope you pay a visit or two to my blog. Thanks!
Jul 24, 2016 12:20 AM

Jun 2013
samui26 said:
What the hell Rewrite adaptation? Is 13 episodes enough to cover all the routes of Koutarou's girls? Err...

PS: I am currently blogging shows this season and I hope you pay a visit or two to my blog. Thanks!

they're not covering the routes..

This wasn't Shizuru's route, its part of the common route. They've just told some of her backstory to wrap things up along with the progression of the main story.
Jul 24, 2016 2:37 AM
Feb 2014
Ahh, I'll start by saying I fuckin' love Shizuru (can someone make me a signature with her in it? <3) and, as a VN reader, I felt the episode was fine. This is not me being biased. With the amount of information taken from the VN translated to the anime, they did well, considering everything together; the 6th route deal, the information as stated before, and the total time they have to adapt everything.

Like many, I agree that the ending scene was... well, awful. But it's understandable why it's there. They are simply using their time to try and fit in enough information for viewers (especially anime-only) to wrap their head around everything. Seriously, the amount of subtle hints in the show is awesome. Keep your eyes peeled and more things might be revealed than you know.

Also.... AWAITING PARFAIT! ;)
Jul 24, 2016 3:01 AM

Nov 2013
It really is can't work for 13 episodes.

But hey I'm pretty sure the anime adaptation is way better than Charlotte in the end.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 24, 2016 3:11 AM

Jul 2015
"Your obsession with breasts will disturb public order"

This show is surprisingly funny
Jul 24, 2016 3:20 AM

Sep 2015
Watching Shizuru's backstory almost got me to tears. Not like the adaptation is great but I just remembered the VN I played looong time ago, Shizuru's route was my favorite :)
Jul 24, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2014
this show is so mysterious each episode shows a reveal... or something
Jul 24, 2016 4:38 AM

Sep 2013
They took a good part in Shizuru's route and made a mess, and considering next weeks episode I have half a mind to just skip it entirely.

Continue with the mediocrity, so long as the Yoshino and his gang stuff continues to be the greatest thing about Rewrite.
Jul 24, 2016 6:34 AM

Apr 2012
Is this really what I think it is?

Did Shizuru's mom cheated and got banged by some other dude?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.