Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2016 8:27 PM
Apr 2011
This seems like such a promising anime, why is it rated so low?
Jul 23, 2016 9:19 PM

Jul 2014
Japanese people sure are fragile. If they get wet with their cloths on they invariably fall into a near-death coma.
Jul 24, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2008
Better than the first episode! This anime is way different than what I thought...
Jul 24, 2016 8:52 AM

Dec 2015
Balakirev said:
This seems like such a promising anime, why is it rated so low?

I agree. I feel like this show didn't live up to people's expectations of being a sports anime. It's more of a drama/slice-of-life with some sports elements involved.

OT: Does Kazumi remind anyone of Kageyama in the beginning of Haikyuu? Their voices sound a lot alike too.
Jul 24, 2016 10:23 AM

Jun 2016
why do i feel like there are death flags flying?
Jul 24, 2016 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
YumiAkihiko said:
why do i feel like there are death flags flying?
The little brother or the grandfather, there is no way both of them are still alive by the end of ep11.
Jul 24, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2007
Why do all the characters keep yelling at each other? That's just as annoying as Seiha's voice.

And the parents pushing this "tell him to stop playing baseball" onto Takumi instead of doing it themselves is ridiculous and obviously weighing on him. Takumi's mom's attitude is pretty awful anyway.
Jul 25, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2015
Wow..not even 13 yet and that's his type of character. I feel like this show is attempting a relaxing premise but it feels bland. It's making baseball look like one big drama.

I liked Haradas friend, really sweet.
Jul 25, 2016 2:17 PM

May 2015
I can relate to Harada, being the 3rd wheel between my mother and my sisters even between a friend and their mother...

Poor guy :(
Jul 25, 2016 3:19 PM

Nov 2008
Everyone is saying how much of a jerk Takumi is, to Seiha and to basically everyone else around him, and I feel like that is exactly the point.

He has a bad attitude and is mean, and in RL I wouldn't like him one bit, but as a character I find it actually makes him interesting and I keep wondering where exactly that attitude is coming from.

I don't mean this as "oh poor boy, he's so misunderstood", because the problem most probably lies with him, but that makes it all the more realistic and intriguing to me.

At first glance, the relationship between Takumi and Seiha seemed to be quite the normal relationship between older and younger brother, but now it's getting more complicated, tho it's not a relationship without any love either. Seiha still likes Takumi, and he wouldn't if Takumi was always mean to him (but that's probably also due to Seiha's maturity).
Takumi definitely seems to have complexes when it comes to Baseball and Seiha, and while that could turn out to be boring, right now I'm quite looking forward to see how this will play out.

Go is quite the balanced character, tho his mom will probably make some more problems in the coming episodes. (But I'm honestly not that interested in that, because she seems like your typical "studying comes before everything" kinda mom. Guess she'll just have to suck it up.)

I really hope they'll actually play some baseball next episode, though I'm pretty sure the main focus of this anime won't be the actual baseball playing.
Considering it's based on a novel series by Asano Atsuko, it's probably a lot more of a slice-of-life kinda anime.

Jul 26, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2012
So much drama lol. Can't say I like the MC very much tbh.
Jul 26, 2016 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
Everyone is giving Takumi shit, but you need to keep in mind he's 12 years old, despite his looks+voice. Throwing in his relationship with his mother, he's acting fairly normal for a kid his age going through the rebellious stage. We don't know what's up with Takumi and Seiha yet (family illness?), but we know that their family is overprotective about Seiha and his physical condition. So Takumi acting like a dick to Seiha is most likely his way of being overprotective about Seiha, as he probably knows what will happen if Seiha pushes himself too much.

But seriously though. Why the high school style artwork when they only in middle school? e_e
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 27, 2016 6:35 PM

Aug 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
Quit baseball to focus on your studies, when you're 12? I know how Japan is big on the whole studying to get into a good school thing, but it still feels like overkill. Not to mention trying to force Takumi to get them to quit. Jesus, no wonder he acts like that.

Same! Takumi's all-mighty attitude is something, but that woman and his mom are twice as bad... I hope he learns to open up to others, and can speak sincerely with them without insulting them too much though.
Jul 28, 2016 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
6.90 score? wtf?
this show is great, it doesnt deserve such a low score
Jul 28, 2016 9:42 PM

Mar 2009
Who's the more annoying sports anime protagonist this season, Takumi or the MC from Days?
Jul 30, 2016 4:04 AM

Nov 2012
wait, they're 12? well that makes takumi's attitude more understandable, though they should've made him and go look younger.
and i do wonder where takumi's bad attitude towards everyone comes from, it looks like there's more to it than just him being a bratty teenager.
Jul 30, 2016 9:53 AM

Jun 2013
MC is such an ass. I can't believe he's only 12 or 13 years old? I thought he was at LEAST 16 years old. Jesus Christ.

I'm sure someone's going to die. It's either his brother, him or Gou.
臭い-
Aug 2, 2016 6:07 PM
Sep 2009
I like slice of life but this is not really appealing to me. I really don't like any of the characters...
Sep 17, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2015
Very good episode. That was a long time ago that I saw my last "Attack of the japanese mothers" in a manga/anime, and here we have two of them! I was quite surprised that Takumi has fallen under the pressure (pressure he partially put on himself) so soon, I was actually expecting such an event for the middle point.

5/5

Tsumi-tan said:
Will they play baseball soon?
Why is almost everyone against children playing a sport in this anime?

- The game will be nothing more than an element of the frame where the boy(s) story will be told.
- @ReaperCreeper @BubblyHunter Usually, you will find this element in stories about high-school students: it is better for them to cast aside various entertainments/time loss inducing hobbies/etc to concentrate on their success at the university entrance examens (where you are selected). For that there are "jûkû" or "yôbiko", private "tutoring schools" who make them study in addition to the normal education. They even pass several mock examens there.
Here, they are only 12 but one of them is in a "jûkû" and the other comes from a wealthy family. I suppose the mothers are only applying the japanese idea of: to have a good life, enter in the best university, this needs to be prepared by following night tutoring and by being in a well-regarded high-school (to have better chances at the ultimate trial: uni entrance), this in turn requires to be educated in the high-level junior high-school (and to be in a juku) to prepare the high-school entrance examen, etc. This road of hell can start at the kindergarten, they're no school but some will form your little child to raise "his" hopes to reach a better primary school.
Rei_IIISep 17, 2016 6:18 AM
Nov 7, 2016 8:34 PM

Mar 2015
Two episodes in and I already want to drop this. Takumi takes the cake for biggest asshole MC. Was this intentional? Nobody can be that much of a prick and have everyone around him just take it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 7, 2016 4:04 PM

Dec 2008
The mothers are shitty, and so is Harada!! Gou is an extremely likable character. He comes across as the type of friend that everybody needs to have in their life.

And an actual child is voicing Seiha. I'd like to see more of that in anime.
Aug 29, 2017 1:19 PM

Nov 2009
Whats with the Mom's? they are both massive dickheads.
May 10, 2019 6:13 AM

Sep 2009
I feel bad for the MC.
I know he has a shitty attitude but all the adults rely on him to go around telling people they should quit baseball :(

Dec 12, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2015
Harada is being his asshole self again, calling his mother stupid, and basically telling his brother you suck at baseball because he's jealous. I don't like him too. Gou should've been Harada's brother.

I wonder he collapsed though? And will we see a baseball match?

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 18, 2020 6:50 PM

Jan 2010
I know it kind of worked out at the end, but the mother seemed really unreasonable overall. Specifically speaking, the mother asking Takumi to talk to Seiha about not playing baseball because apparently Seiha likes Takumi more. I...I think there's an inherent problem if your kids trust each other more than the parent.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battery Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2016

39 by baahsu »»
Dec 27, 2022 6:11 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2016

53 by baahsu »»
Dec 27, 2022 5:36 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2016

81 by baahsu »»
Dec 26, 2022 5:31 PM

Poll: » Battery Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

90 by Xie_lim15 »»
Mar 5, 2022 7:02 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2016

121 by Cainael »»
Nov 1, 2021 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.