Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2016 5:04 AM

Feb 2016
Omni_slash95 said:
There doesn't seem to be much hype for this show here or on any other big anime sites. Those who watch it seem to like it so far but thats it.

Is there not much interest for an anime about the mob?

Because anime fans are sad. That's why.
Jul 23, 2016 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
As it has been said here why this show has 'no hype' or just 'lacks of hype', well, maybe that's the case here. But, you know, not all shows (including this one) really have to deserve a hype or what, but it's more to the interest of wanting to watch or not wanting to watch. That's it. But, what I could see here, since these users in this forum have already stated the obvious reasons so, I'll just go with a simple one. Although, I just started watching this series today, but what I could say is that, people or anime fans don't really need such hype or whatever else that are similar to this thing called "hype", but it's more like wanting the reason and interest why people or anime fans wanted to watch or not even planning to watch this show. And, that's why. Also, this anime reminded me a lot of the theme and setting like the anime series, Baccano with the mix of Durarara!!.
Jul 23, 2016 6:02 AM

Dec 2015
AOTS so far and one of the best I have seen this year so far. But yeah ... original. And set in US during prohibition time (I usually do not like that stuff and prefer fantasy - if in real world then in Japan or Europe at least).

Probably a lot of people already don't like the setting.

But mafia ... and char design style. Seems a bit like Baccano and the opening is good. (Reminded me from the mood a bit of Psycho Pass OP.) (And I usually don't like mafia stuff - but I also don't hate it. I am neutral. But this show is good.)

At least 9/10 for now - my score.
Jul 23, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2016
Darius said:
PizzaWarrior said:
Because it's boring. Though it has an original setting the series doesn't look like it has any interesting plot. I don't think that it deserve hype just because this theme hasn't been developed in anime - such theme has been developed in cinema tons of times and 91 Days doesn't look like it will be innovatory in this route. Don't wanted to be mean, maybe it's just because of my dislike of mafia theme and overestimated expectations.

What lol? How is the show boring? Not enough waifus for you? Filthy weeb... I think it's pretty interesting to see the journey of two friends on the run and one of them having to kill the other to avenge his family.

Though, I guess you prefer shows where MC cries for the whole episode and explodes his arm at the very end of each.

I'm with you, its sad to see people calling this series "boring" just because it doesn't have any waifu's, constant crazy action etc.

Not liking it is fine but calling it boring is ridiculous
Jul 23, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2016
PizzaWarrior said:
Darius said:

You don't like mafia setting, yet you still watch the show then drop it and give it a rating of 4/10. I don't think that's a very reasonable rating.
If you dislike mafia shows, then don't watch them at all instead of doing this clown shit.

I heard that this show is good and wanted to prove it myself. Also, why many of you use the argument of "Oh, this show is such anti-mainstream, it hasn't got any tiddies and waifus, a show for the true connoisseurs"? I think that show good when it has got something good, not when it hasn't got something bad. Unfortunately, I don't found enough reasons answering for such a demand.

Thats what made me interested in the show in the first place.
But now I don't just like it because it doesn't follow typical anime tropes (although it gets bonus points for that, sick of them) its actually interesting & compelling especially as a fan of mafia movies/shows etc.

If you dont like mafia settings you aren't going to like this show so I suggest you drop it.
Jul 23, 2016 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
@Omni_slash95 He dropped the show after 2 episodes and rated it 4/10. Indeed, Very good and reasonable rating added to the average rating of the series.

@PizzaWarrior I suggest you just delete the entry and next time don't watch what you don't like because, now, your rating is wrong. Ratings shouldn't be based on personal preferences.
themanualreader@proton.me
Jul 23, 2016 6:58 AM

Jul 2016
Darius said:
@Omni_slash95 He dropped the show after 2 episodes and rated it 4/10. Indeed, Very good and reasonable rating added to the average rating of the series.

@PizzaWarrior I suggest you just delete the entry and next time don't watch what you don't like because, now, your rating is wrong. Ratings shouldn't be based on personal preferences.

Seems to me he just picked it up to give it a bad rating, not cool. This anime deserves better (currently its rating is actually going down).
Jul 23, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
Omni_slash95 said:

Seems to me he just picked it up to give it a bad rating, not cool. This anime deserves better (currently its rating is actually going down).

Nah, it's at 7.92 for quite some time now.
themanualreader@proton.me
Jul 23, 2016 7:02 AM

Oct 2014
Darius said:

Lol, what can I build the opinion if not on the my own feelings and thoughts? By the way, there is a rule of 1/5, becuase of what my opinion will not be included in the average rating if I watched less than 1/5 of episodes (91 Days will definetly have more than 9 eps). I rate this with this intention. I don't wanted to badmouth the show, I just wanted to express my personal opinion on my personal page.
Jul 23, 2016 7:02 AM

Jul 2016
Darius said:
Omni_slash95 said:

Nah, it's at 7.92 for quite some time now.

Yeah was talking about the ranking, sry for the confusion. It was at #620 yesterday and now its at #639
Jul 23, 2016 7:04 AM

Oct 2014
Omni_slash95 said:
Darius said:

I watched the show, I add the show to list. This is MAL was created for. Nothing personal.
Jul 23, 2016 7:05 AM

Jul 2016
PizzaWarrior said:
Omni_slash95 said:

I watched the show, I add the show to list. This is MAL was created for. Nothing personal.

Ok, some people actually do that but good if you didn't.
Jul 23, 2016 10:43 AM

May 2011
Hype is cancer. Form your own opinion instead of following the hive mind and clap hands like retarded sea lions because others do so.
Jul 23, 2016 11:34 AM

Mar 2008
sorcery said:
Hype is cancer. Form your own opinion instead of following the hive mind and clap hands like retarded sea lions because others do so.

You can still hype something not based on what others say or think, but simply based on your own expectations... e.g. I was looking forward to this anime ever since I saw the trailer. I do agree that expectations usually will lead to disappointment, so it's better to not expect anything
Jul 23, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
Because there's a moeblob show this season and that's the only thing the anime community cares about.
Jul 23, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2015
I like it so far, I didn't know it was a anime original though so that's pretty cool. One thing about it is that it does feel like a breath of fresh air, i haven't seen a mob anime nor have I heard of one so it feels like a cool new concept.
It might get more popular once the action picks up whenever that will be, I'm not sure how long the anime will be though so if it's real long it might not get popular.
Jul 24, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2016
Not much interest...?
What?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

Sort by popularity and the magic shows.

91 Days is at #4 and you can even argue it's #3 if you don't count ReLIFE.
People ARE watching it, they are watching it even more so than the "moe" "ecchi" shows you people mentioned.
#11 Rewrite
#15 Masou Gakuen HxH

So I don't know what you're not seeing.
All I'm seeing is annoying people that love to shove this show in my face.
Jul 24, 2016 12:47 PM

Jul 2016
Nagitoxhxc said:
Not much interest...?
What?

People ARE watching it, they are watching it even more so than the "moe" "ecchi" shows you people mentioned.
#11 Rewrite
#15 Masou Gakuen HxH

The only one "shoving" the show in your face is you, no one forced you to comment or even visit this subforum.

Useless second post from you.
Jul 24, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2016
Omni_slash95 said:
Nagitoxhxc said:
Not much interest...?
What?

#11 Rewrite
#15 Masou Gakuen HxH

The only one "shoving" the show in your face is you, no one forced you to comment or even visit this subforum.

Are you, a fanboy of 91 Days, getting upset are you?

So someone like me, who genuinely thinks the show is good as of now, should leave the subforum because I stated an obvious fact and you got defensive over it?
Jul 24, 2016 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
Nagitoxhxc said:
Omni_slash95 said:

So someone like me, who genuinely thinks the show is good as of now, should leave the subforum because I stated an obvious fact and you got defensive over it?

No not because of that but because of talking bullshit:

"All I'm seeing is annoying people that love to shove this show in my face"

How is anyone shoving this show in your face? Couldn't care less if you like or dislike the show but at least make sense.
Jul 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2016
Omni_slash95 said:
Nagitoxhxc said:

No not because of that but because of talking bullshit:

"All I'm seeing is annoying people that love to shove this show in my face"

How is anyone shoving this show in your face? Couldn't care less if you like or dislike the show but at least make sense.

If you would so kindly just put the pieces together then you would know what I mean, it's not that hard, really.

Animeultima shove it quite frequently in my face.
The one anime chat group I'm in frequently talks about it.
My one friend wont stop blabbering about it, but I don't mind him.
When I saw the forum discussion about this, I just had to state the fact, that it is in fact quite popular and people have been shoving it in my face.
Is it really that hard to piece together what I said?

Edit: There's also youtube, but that's cancer so you don't have to count that.
Aug 8, 2016 12:25 PM
Nov 2015
iNVivO said:
Because it's an anime original and no one knows what'll happen next?
Considering 91 days being the anime with the 4th most members in Summer 2016 I'd say it's pretty popular for an original.

Original anime +1
Mafia setting = not liked.
It's also dark and the art isn't appealing.

I'm glad I found this anime anyway. I personnaly won't give it less than 8 or 9/10.
Sep 5, 2016 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
Being a modern anime with no lolis, waifus, sexual fanservice, school setting, heavy j pop opening and ending means it's not going to get hype.
Sep 6, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2013
Because it doesn't have big-titty lolis or waifus that depraved Anime virgins fap to.

I wouldn't take the opinion of people like PizzaWarrior seriously who lives vicariously through shit harems.
臭い-
Sep 6, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
It's likely due to complicated plot, not enough action and yes maybe lack of attractive female characters as well.

RE:Zero is very popular and it has a simpler concept that stimulates teenagers/young adults along with a lot of thrills. People probably find 91 days boring in comparison, I know I did for a few episodes before I got into it.
Sep 7, 2016 1:32 AM

Mar 2014
It's anime original and the studio making it is still fairly new.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 8, 2016 5:27 PM

Jul 2014
Darius said:
PizzaWarrior said:
Because it's boring. Though it has an original setting the series doesn't look like it has any interesting plot. I don't think that it deserve hype just because this theme hasn't been developed in anime - such theme has been developed in cinema tons of times and 91 Days doesn't look like it will be innovatory in this route. Don't wanted to be mean, maybe it's just because of my dislike of mafia theme and overestimated expectations.

You don't like mafia setting, yet you still watch the show then drop it and give it a rating of 4/10. I don't think that's a very reasonable rating.
If you dislike mafia shows, then don't watch them at all instead of doing this clown shit.

Ayy finally someone that makes sense. 99% of the people on this site: I don't like that people like a certain show that I know I won't enjoy, so I'm gonna go out of my way to rate it poorly and rant about it.
Sep 29, 2016 8:30 PM
Sep 2016
I think that there is no hype because it is different from other anime this season. I got in interested in seeing it after a tease trailer for it. The baccano! anime was not really popular over in Japan, that why there only 16 episode. The light novel are more popular there is over 20 of them. I think 91 Days will be more popular over here after more people know about. There is a article about it in Otaku USA vol.10, number 2, os hopefully more people watch it.
OpalCatSep 30, 2016 7:13 AM
Sep 29, 2016 8:37 PM

Apr 2015
imo there is a certain charm with this anime, but ofc, little bit rushed, would be way better with 24 episodes.
Sep 30, 2016 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Many ppl seem to say that's cuz the show has no "boobs" "waifus" or is for more "mature audience"...

IMO this show is simply average, and if not for the fact that it is set in a mafia period, then it would not even have a single thing charming.
There are not that many shows telling a mafia story, and not every is even well done, so it appears to be more "mature" than other animes. Because mafia is so western-ish and mature and blah blah blah.

Well, I've had no expectations when I started watching this show, and from the first episode it revealed its biggest flaws to me. I somehow managed to finish it, but rather to just find out if at least the ending was worth it. Well... I hate the fact that despite being an original series and having plenty of time, almost none of the characters get developed. Well yeah, msot of them got a backstory etc. but really, in a setting where characters are the driving force, they act exactly as their characteristic's templates say. That's really saddening. Also, the story is really slowly paced, which is expected from gagster's/mafia movies, but the problem here is just that it's not slowly paced because of the structure, it's that simply nothing of interest happens in between key moments, and even when something happens - it's really streched out. Comparing it to mafia's classics such as goodfellas - in the movie we got a freaking man's whole life in a nutshell with a whole range of colorful, different characters, stories, plottwists along the way, unexpected events and most of all - action... In less than 3 hours! And this show had 12 episodes of ~20minutes of actual footge each.

And, basically, the cinematography in this one is also "average". Some of the backgrounds look like CG generated but odly matched, no thoughtful shots or composition choices. It simply shows the basics. No foreshadowing. The story plays out just as we heard from the main character dozen of times. No significant lesson or imagery was shown in the process too, which makes it all the more "average".

I, personally, just weren't that much interested. As for the "mature" story, well, the copy-paste template of an empty-shell OP with revenge intent was overdone years ago, and lack of any really disturbing things, and mafia is known for some really disturbing and sadistic things, also doesn't help. You don't even see any interaction between mafia and the rest of the population of the city. The show plays as if only the mafia existed, expec for a few cases when there was a cop or someone that opposed an immediately dismantled threat.

To me - it simply didn't deserve any hype.
Oct 4, 2016 5:11 AM

Apr 2014
It's funny because 91 days is the 5th most popular anime in the summer season yet people keep saying bullshit that it's not popular or no hype because no tits, lolis, etc.

Fyi, 91 days is more popular than all those type of shows in this season lmao
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.