Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 18, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another charming episode, loved the way that they present Tsumugi's daily life style with the kids at her school. Some of the boys tried to make fun of her though..

I do think Tsumugi overreacted slightly but then again, she's a kid.

Also, the way this series explains its food craftsmanship is very fun to watch imo. The patty they made with the egg looks delicious!

Jul 18, 2016 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
Mother is a famous "researcher of cooking"(?), so she's always not at home. lol @ her being embarrassed at mother's appearance.

Father still tries his best in cooking. Trouble at kindergarten where a boy calling her a thief just because she got extra clay from her friends without returning (not knowing it's not ok).

Trying to cook hamburger patty to cheer her up. She doesn't feel happy because she feels guilty and thinks she's a bad girl. Ah, the reason she was making with clay was for father's birthday. lol @ rejecting Hayami-san's character's offer immediately!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 18, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly Kotori's reaction at her mother in a sailer uniform was funny.
But we know now where Kotori's love for food came from.

Also Tsumugi getting s trouble wasn't nice tho the mother of the boy knew who was wrong and she knew how to address him.
I appreciate parent's like that, way better than those parents that claim their child never does anything wrong.
Things turned out alright tho.
Jul 18, 2016 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
Sometimes children need to cry out when they are sad to release the emotions and they will feel much better after that, same to adult. Very Good episode :)
Jul 18, 2016 11:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
FUCK MAN, cried again. This show hits me.
Jul 18, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
Now this is more like it. The story from Tsumugi's side at school. Another tears for Tsumugi. She's not a thief, she's a very soft-heart daughter the whole time.
CAN NOT resist that smile. Aren't you? LOL
MasceraJul 18, 2016 11:29 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 18, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
Her reaction when she ate the steak *o*
Jul 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
For whatever reason when reading the manga I always visualized Kotori's mom with orange hair, so I was a bit sad to see it black here. Honestly can't recall if she has ever appeared colored in the manga though.

That aside, Tsumugi remains wonderful even when(rightfully) pouting over being falsely accused of theft. She's a treasure! XD
Jul 18, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2012
Her mother's quite the looker lol Got a good laugh from Kotori's reaction

A pretty touching episode. Kouhei went into doting father mode at the end there

Man, I haven't ate meat outside of fish in years, but that hamburger steak admittedly looked pretty good.

Jul 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
Heartwarming episode as always.. I've never had hamburger in a stew form before.. makes me very tempted to try it..

I really should stop watching food-themed anime at 230 in the morning... makes me depressed D:

Smudy said:
FUCK MAN, cried again. This show hits me.

Me too.. i teared up a little.

Jul 18, 2016 11:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hmm first two episodes were good, this one was a bit boring however. I think the show loses a lot of its charm when Tsumugi is crying or depressed instead of bubbly and smiling
Jul 18, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Kotori's reaction to her mother's sailor uniform was funny!

Tsumugi is not a thief at all. She is a good girl!
Jul 18, 2016 11:55 AM

Apr 2016
When Tsumugi cried I almost cried myself...
Jul 18, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
The beginning with Kotori's mom made me laugh hard lol. You can tell she was feeling awkward with that uniform. Tsumugi was cute this ep as well. Brings back memories of kindergarten when some fucker accused me of stealing his crayons.
Jul 18, 2016 12:03 PM
Feb 2015
Kotori reminded me of ME with how she piles up the rice in her bowl hahaha
Jul 18, 2016 12:04 PM

Dec 2014
tsumugi is as cute as ever...another fun loving episode
Jul 18, 2016 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again :D

Kotori's sleepy face <3 , The way her face lit up when she saw the food made me grin, That reaction to her Mom on TV XD

Tsumugi had a fight and felt bad over it, I felt sad too :(
I can't help it, Whenever I see Sensei or Tsumugi cry I always tear up.

I love how the show makes a point to show how much Sensei cares about his daughter, Really sweet to see.
That Tsumugi smile was so cute.
Jul 18, 2016 12:09 PM
Feb 2015
Wrsty said:
The beginning with Kotori's mom made me laugh hard lol. You can tell she was feeling awkward with that uniform. Tsumugi was cute this ep as well. Brings back memories of kindergarten when some fucker accused me of stealing his crayons.

In elementary school there was a girl who accused me of STRANGLING another student, she also said that she saw me do it... Yup kids can be big huge mother fuckin assholes.
Jul 18, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
I was almst worried that this show would just be lots of cuteness without too much in the way of emotional substance, but I'm glad to be able to say that this episode has allayed my fears in that regard, especially after handling it as well as it did; it's clear that Kouhei is still working out all the little nuances of fatherhood, but if this episode is anything to go by he's going to continue doing a damn good job. Also, it's a relief to see that there's nothing massively sinister going on with Kotori's mother, though her being famous enough to be on TV is pretty interesting. Certainly explains why she's not been around much so far.
Jul 18, 2016 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
Wonder if we'll get any backstory on that boy to see why he would go so far as to call Tsumugi a thief.
I need sleep.
Jul 18, 2016 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Hmm first two episodes were good, this one was a bit boring however. I think the show loses a lot of its charm when Tsumugi is crying or depressed instead of bubbly and smiling

Well children cry, they are not happy all the time ;D
Jul 18, 2016 12:54 PM

May 2012
lonelytree said:
Wonder if we'll get any backstory on that boy to see why he would go so far as to call Tsumugi a thief.

It's just kids being kids, or he probably likes her. He walked back and forth behind her, glancing at her a few times. Y'know, the whole picking on others that you like kinda thing.

Jul 18, 2016 12:57 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sweanime said:
HaXXspetten said:

Well children cry, they are not happy all the time ;D
Heh, well true enough, doesn't mean it's particularly fun to watch though :/
Jul 18, 2016 1:02 PM

May 2015
It was interesting to see Tsumugi at her school. But that boy was pretty mean to her. Tsumugi crying almost made me cry. The cooking in this episode was also very nice. I need to get goggles like that for when I cut onions too. I usually end up crying so much that I have to take a break in the middle. That hamburg steak looked really good. And Sensei comforting Tsumugi and telling her she wasn't a bad girl was really sweet.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 18, 2016 1:52 PM
Jan 2016
lonelytree said:

Kindergarten crush? :P
Jul 18, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2014
Olem said:
lonelytree said:

It's just kids being kids, or he probably likes her. He walked back and forth behind her, glancing at her a few times. Y'know, the whole picking on others that you like kinda thing.

Wow, I'm dense as hell.
I need sleep.
Jul 18, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2008
Mascera said:
Now this is more like it. The story from Tsumugi's side at school. Another tears for Tsumugi. She's not a thief, she's a very soft-heart daughter the whole time.
CAN NOT resist that smile. Aren't you? LOL

This gif made me feel like this :
source
Jul 18, 2016 2:15 PM

May 2015
Another wonderful episode. That moment Tsumugi let out her emotions was touching.... That hamburg looks really delicious, though....
ReverberateJul 18, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 18, 2016 2:15 PM
Aug 2015
*sob*She is not a thief-f T.T *sob*
Jul 18, 2016 2:47 PM
May 2010
Is it wrong of me that I feel with each passing episode, that the highschooler is at some point going to end up marrying the teacher to help him take care of his daughter as a family? I don't see how these happy go days might last otherwise...
Jul 18, 2016 2:49 PM

Mar 2016
I feel like an expert at chopping onions after I watched this episode
Seunghoon my sunflower
Jul 18, 2016 2:51 PM

Sep 2010
Even though this show is pretty much the same each episode

Build up -> Cooking+Eating

This show is magical and any time I finish the episode I have a large smile on my face.
Jul 18, 2016 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Viper_607 said:
Is it wrong of me that I feel with each passing episode, that the highschooler is at some point going to end up marrying the teacher to help him take care of his daughter as a family? I don't see how these happy go days might last otherwise...

Nope, it makes too much sense.

That said, I doubt it's going to happen during the course of the anime.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 18, 2016 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
I almost cried when Tsumugi cried, cute episode. :'(
I like to see how father is getting better at cooking, whenever I get to cut onions I'll think I'm not so bad like him xD
Tsumugi's reaction after her fight with the other boy reminded me to something that happened at school with my little niece, although she wasn't called a thief like Tsumugi, she was called something bad , she didn't hide in her clothes but my niece did hide in my clothes and didn't want to talk so I had to take her back home like that, in home she talked with me and cried for what happened. Just an anecdote I wanted to share about this xD
Jul 18, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2010
3cute5me. Sad Tsumugi is cute. But that smile was absolutely <3
Jul 18, 2016 3:40 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode..

Her reaction though
Cant stop laughing after seeing her
Jul 18, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
When you think about it a little bit more it hurts. You see The mother of the boy who pushed Tsumugi scolding her son, you see another mother with her Daughter who was supposed to play with Tsumugi. Inuzuka, I feel is in a whole new game, not saying it is not a fathers responsibility to discipline or comfort their child but usually a mother would do it before a father would. That incident was his first hint, while his second hint came from Kotori when she told him to "listen to Tsumugi" This fucking anime gets it man, men are dense, it's true, sometimes we can understand a problem, but in reality we won't lnow unless you tell us, which is what Inuzuka does. Of course with the help of a few mother and Kotori. So basically Inuzuka realizes that he must take on more of a Motherly approach as well as a fatherly approach while raising Tsugumi.

I actually enjoyed the Tsugumi school scene, it just felt real to me, fantastic writing in my opinion.

I feel like it's a given now whenever Tsugumi's mother appears...tears will be shed. When she remembered Inuzukas birthday though T_T

Great ending and DAMMIT INUZUKA YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCEPTED KOTORI'S PRESENT!!!
SoraSenpaiJul 18, 2016 3:50 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 18, 2016 3:57 PM

Oct 2013
Not only does Kotori's mom wear a sailor uniform, she gives Kotori a shout-out on live TV!!

Tsumgi's behavior did not seem like an overreaction to me. Years ago I watched a documentary about human behavior. In one segment there was a Japanese dad teaching his little daughter how to ride her bicycle without training wheels. The little girl could not keep her balance and after a few tries she burst into tears and was inconsolable. The narrator explained that she felt as if she had failed her father by not learning how to ride the bike. No matter how much reassurance her dad gave her she would not stop crying. This sort of reminded me of Tsumgi. Not only is she sad for being called a thief, her father had to leave his work and come and pick her up at school and she couldn't play at her friend's house.
Jul 18, 2016 4:02 PM

Sep 2013
I want a daughter like Tsugumi! Too fucking adorable. Kotori's reactions to her mom on tv was great. That Hamburger Steak looked really good compared to my shitty hot pocket which, of course, is cold in the center. I wondered why the date was shown quite a few times during the early parts of the episode and it turns out it's Kouhei's birthday.

Anyways, another good episode. Definitely enjoy this series thus far. Wonder when the Inuzuka family will meet Kotori's mom?

One final question: Has neither of them cut an onion before? Do they even know what an onion is?!

Jul 18, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
Wasn't really feeling anything for most of the episode, honestly, especially since such behavior is kinda normal for young kids though the ending was a bit cute.
Jul 18, 2016 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
Kids...they bully the one they like, right?
Kouhei should put Kotori in the "To Marry List."
Kotori's mom tho haha and damn she is younger than I thought.
Hm...Kouhei can marry Kotori's mom and get Kotori in one package lol.
Jul 18, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2012
Another wonderful episode. Lol Kotori's Mum on the T.V.
Tsumugi getting into a little bit of trouble at kindergarten. Her friends are so adorable.

NO Tsumugi you are not a bad girl. That hamburger steak looked so delicious. Always love the time & preparation that goes into making the food.

Lol Kotori's present to Kouhei.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 18, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2016
twigglyfiggly said:
When Tsumugi cried I almost cried myself...
Me too... D: #TsumugiDidNothingWrong #ProtectTsumugi2k16
No seriously.
Jul 18, 2016 6:06 PM

Nov 2014
I want some Hamburg steak
Hi there
Jul 18, 2016 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
Another great episode. Tsumugi is too cute.

I'm also really glad that Kotori's mom seems nice and funny, even though she's absent a lot.
Jul 18, 2016 7:48 PM

Sep 2011
This series is seriously loaded. This show goes to show that you don't need a beloved character dying in order to get an emotional reaction out of the viewer. Nothing is sweeter and more emotional than a parent trying their best for their child.
Jul 18, 2016 8:26 PM

Dec 2013
I can opt out of watching most shows on the weekends. I can even delay Re:Zero (haven't watched this weeks yet) and most other shows on my list, but when this one gets uploaded.... well let's just say my priorities are in the right place XD

They adapted this episode perfectly. From Kotori reacting to her mom's Sailor Uniform, down to Tsumugi pulling her school jacket over her head. It was adorable and also very feels heavy. I do feel somewhat sorry for Hina though, as she was so looking forward to Tsumugi playing at her house.

Oh, for those who thought Mikio's mom was awesome, well... she's voiced by Yoko Hikasa (The Devil Is A Part-Timer!'s Emi Yusa).

I think Tsumugi's sense of guilt is because she's extremely sensitive to the feelings of others around her. She really did feel like she disappointed Kouhei somehow (despite his reassurances to the contrary). and doesn't know what she could do to make things right, which frustrated and upset her.

Also found it funny how no one mentioned Kouhei's poorly chopped fried tofu in the Miso soup. "Tsumugi, you won! Congratulations!". Perfect moment.

As usual, I'll just leave this here.
L-RyoshiJul 18, 2016 8:33 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 18, 2016 8:38 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, in that flashback Tsumugi barely looked any younger than she is now and her mom was still alive.
Jul 18, 2016 9:07 PM
Jun 2016
I need those goggles man, the onions were strong this episode. T_T
Jul 18, 2016 9:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And the show keeps getting better. That kid starting the whole mess, glad the mother scolded him.
Tsumugi feeling guilty and depressed, well she's still a kid so it's understandable why'd she feel like that. I feel like girls are much more sensitive to feelings which is why Tsumugi felt like that.
Gotta watch out with them kids, they can be a bother if one doesn't discipline them.

I would've steamed the burger and then put the burger on the pan so it's has a crisp surface. But wow egg+hamburger, that's a treat.

That Kotori present lol

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

90 by Raizel »»
Mar 5, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

310 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

151 by Animeshnik012 »»
Jan 5, 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.