Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Fragtime Chapter 17 Discussion

Jul 17, 2016 1:43 PM
めんどくさい

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, for a while I was worried this story might have a poorly done finish, but this chapter more or less came across well and, with help from a third party, Misuzu finally got Haruka to drop her wall.

Aug 10, 2016 6:00 AM

I was already not satisfied since each chapter was not making me happy, cause they never seemed to have mutual feelings and we didn't know what Murakami was thinking at all.
Then the subs changed, and even their names changed. At this point, we don't even know which translations are correct and which are wrong, but the new translation didn't translate some parts so we can assume that they are in the wrong.
Giving 8-9 because it was not obvious that Murakami shared the same feelings. In pursuit of seeking this obviousity, I read all chapters at once, which I originally did not plan to do. Being obvious is usually not good, but there were really just no hints they were going to be together which made me really sad after each chapter ended.

But even Murakami didn't realize her feelings so I guess it's normal for hints not to be shown on the chapters

Also the final chapter does not show that they are going to stick together even after they graduate.. My god, this makes me even more sad.

to translators :ONCEYOU START WITH A MANGA, STICK WITH IT TIL THE END YOU DUMB TRANSLATORS!! CHAPTER 18 STILL NOT TRANSLATED.

Aug 10, 2016 3:22 PM
めんどくさい

Ako- said:
I was already not satisfied since each chapter was not making me happy, cause they never seemed to have mutual feelings and we didn't know what Murakami was thinking at all.
Hmm. To me, that was much the point of the story - two people who didn't know how to communicate with others, or understand their own emotions, struggling to understand each other. Since most of the story was from Moriya's point of view and the emphasis was on her trying to understand Haruka, I didn't have much of a problem with it.

Again, I thought it ended well. But maybe because I didn't get the impression they were going their separate ways, but the opposite actually. (shrug)

Ako- said:
IThen the subs changed, and even their names changed. At this point, we don't even know which translations are correct and which are wrong, but the new translation didn't translate some parts so we can assume that they are in the wrong.

Kanji by default is difficult to translate, names more so - often during introductions you may see someone specifying how to read the kanji of their name. I assumed that whomever did cp 17 was just reading the kanji a different way. Interestingly, "Google Translate" says "森谷 美鈴" is read as "Misuzu Moriya" (caveat: never assume Google Translate is correct, but it's a starting point).

Aug 17, 2016 7:35 AM

gotta say 2 things. took way to long to translate regardless of the generic life excuse.

and 2, I do not believe she loves her. she was TOTALLY using her for her powers.

Jan 31, 2017 1:52 AM
➝➝

Decent ending, but I genuinely liked the first volume of this series more. A lot more.

Oh what fun it is to be naughty. :3

Aug 26, 2018 4:11 PM

When they finally managed to confess to each other it ended =(

I would like to see more after the confession... to see now the beginning of their TRUE relationship. But sadly it ended that way.

I more or less understood their feelings, but it somewhat didn't convice me.

Regardless, an easy 8/10

Mar 16, 3:50 AM

this was wierd in a wierd way.