Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2016
How do you like the new dub for One Punch Man? I happen to think it's great!
Jul 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
I enjoyed the 1st episode so far :)
Jul 17, 2016 2:08 PM
May 2009
the VA ist not good
Jul 17, 2016 7:51 PM

Dec 2015
It could be better but what else could you ask for? It will be useful to those people who only watch dubbed anime (i guess)
Jul 18, 2016 12:29 PM
Aug 2015
Just finished it like 2 minutes ago.
I liked it a lot!
In the first couple of minutes, I was unsure of Saitama's voice but I liked it a lot by the end of the first episode. Seems really good.
I'm just worried about Genos' voice
Jul 18, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
Vizmedia has been on point with their dubs recently....This is pretty shocking. It seems whoever was in charge of Naruto and Bleach dubs got fired.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 18, 2016 12:37 PM

Oct 2014
MasterHavik said:
Vizmedia has been on point with their dubs recently....This is pretty shocking. It seems whoever was in charge of Naruto and Bleach dubs got fired.
The bleach dub was great tho. I've heard many prefer dub to sub on it
Jul 18, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2011
mochakawaiibear said:
MasterHavik said:
While it was better than Naruto. I just couldn't get into it. JYB didn't feel like he was trying and everyone seem bored. Wendee Lee and whoever played Rukia were on fire though.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 18, 2016 12:48 PM

Oct 2014
MasterHavik said:
mochakawaiibear said:
While it was better than Naruto. I just couldn't get into it. JYB didn't feel like he was trying and everyone seem bored. Wendee Lee and whoever played Rukia were on fire though.
Ah yeah now that you mention it in the beginning it was kind of like that. I personally haven't seen much of the sub but I do prefer ichigos sub va too
Jul 19, 2016 7:12 AM
Nov 2014
twigglyfiggly said:

I am pretty upset with it. Especially the most important being One Punch Man being such an off voice vs. the original. In this case it isn't just japanese vs english and there being differences, they completely changed the tone and focus of the anime by using such a incomparable voice.

I am not saying use a person who just sounds like the english version of the original japanese, just at least attempt a similar comedic performance. First episode was literally not funny at all and I was like this shit sucks when I watch it dubbed.
Jul 24, 2016 3:59 AM

Jan 2015
I remember before the anime started, I was hoping they'd give good voices to the characters, and Saitama's voice (like everything else) was spot on. Unfortunately, the voice in the dub just isn't anywhere near as good.
Jul 24, 2016 7:34 AM

Aug 2014
i dont like Saitama's Dub o-o + it sounds bland.. with less emotion than the jap voice

sigh dubs these days aint as good as they used to be

i only watched .1~2 episodes of OPM and thought of waiting to watch the dub..

guess i waited for nothing :/
TheDiabolicEsperJul 24, 2016 7:54 AM

Jul 24, 2016 10:44 PM

Jul 2014
the dub is better so far imo.
Jul 25, 2016 9:33 AM
Jul 2016
Is it just me and the version I watched online, or is the mixing horrible?

Music was not loud enough, except for the mid-episode break.
Voice had too much focus at points.
I went back to the sub to compare. Fights that were epic-sounding no longer are.

I dunno, the whole mix just felt unprofessional. Which is a shame, because as dubs go, I liked the voices pretty well.
Jul 26, 2016 4:22 PM
May 2015
I actually love it. I've been waiting since January of this year for a dub and it came in way earlier than I expected. Now I'm waiting weekly and don't tell me that the rest of the episodes are out already.

Jul 28, 2016 8:22 AM

Mar 2016
I hate the dub. Mostly Saitama's voice.
Aug 12, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2013
Genos is my only disappointment, rest is pretty good tbh.
Aug 15, 2016 1:41 AM

Mar 2015
Characters were very dull with the dub. People should know that dubs are pretty much always inferior to the original japanese because the english VA's don't have as much freedom as the japanese VA's. It's difficult for english VA's since they have to stick with their translated script so they have to sync it properly with the character's mouth movements (notice how some dubbed charactors talk a bit slower than normal?).

I checked out Inou Battle's dub the other day because I saw it pop up and watched the episode where Hatoko went off at Juu-kun (middle of episode 7) and that was cringeworthy, there was just no emotion in it.
Aug 30, 2016 8:55 PM
Aug 2016
Tbh I didn't really like the dub (don't hate please) I just felt like it didn't suit Saitama his voice seems to deep while Saitama voice has a high pitch and Genos voice is wayyyyy to deep for a young man !
Aug 31, 2016 5:13 PM
Apr 2016
I think the voice actors have been doing a great job so far. Saitama and Genos have perfect English voices for their characters.
Sep 8, 2016 6:54 PM

Jun 2015
Brilliant dub so far other than Genos.

(honestly, couldn't they have gotten Jonny Young Bosch to do Genos instead?)
AltoRoarkSep 8, 2016 6:58 PM
Sep 8, 2016 7:12 PM
Jan 2015
StevePen387 said:
twigglyfiggly said:

I am pretty upset with it. Especially the most important being One Punch Man being such an off voice vs. the original. In this case it isn't just japanese vs english and there being differences, they completely changed the tone and focus of the anime by using such a incomparable voice.

I am not saying use a person who just sounds like the english version of the original japanese, just at least attempt a similar comedic performance. First episode was literally not funny at all and I was like this shit sucks when I watch it dubbed.
StevePen387 said:
twigglyfiggly said:

I totally agree!!!! Imo=horrible :-(
RYUK_007Sep 8, 2016 7:18 PM
Sep 10, 2016 10:10 PM

Mar 2014
I actually have enjoyed the dub so far. There are some hits and misses with it. Personally I like Saitama's voice! Don't really like Genos' voice but when he's angry and yelling he sound's pretty badass. Sonic's voice is cool no complaints here. So to me the dub is enjoyable but there are some parts that could be better. For example there is a scene where the Tanktop Brothers are trying to demoralize Saitama and part of the dub by Tanktop Tiger goes over into another scene. But it's not bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2012
Episode one Purple Piccolo voiced by Christopher Sabat. Dub confirmed good.
Jun 29, 2017 3:11 PM
May 2017
The dub really isn't bad at all. Max Mittleman does a decent job as Saitama. My favorite voice was Sonic's, I actually believe his English voice is better his voice fit his appearance and personality more than his Japanese voice. The character that received the most hate was Genos because he didn't sound young enough. However, I still though Zach Aguilar did a fine job as Genos cuz his voice sounded robotic and spoke rarely with emotion like how a cyborg should sound like. But the most perfect cast choice was Chris Sabat as Vaccine Man, the voice was perfect and his dialogue was better in the dub. Although it's better in Japanese overall I found the dub to be fine so if you wanna watch the dub then go ahead cuz it's definitely watchable.

More topics from this board

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Apr 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

791 by Jiborjas »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.