Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 22, 2016 9:02 AM
Dec 2015
I can only guess Kakeru has crippling depression, probably due to that bomb he dropped last episode about his mom.
though i'm only basing this on that one scene at the juice machine thing when the camera zoomed in to kakeru for no apparent reason.
it's surprising to see nothing still changed in the future, even though naho did some of the things the letter said, i thought the note past naho wrote (the "no" one) would appear at the time capsule.
Sep 24, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2016
main character is so fuckin annoying don't know if i can watch this dumb bitch for 13 ep
Sep 26, 2016 8:05 PM

Feb 2014
He seriously wanted Naho to find out about the message inside the eraser cape..?! Then give him an answer in just some minutes..? He really wanted to know Naho's opinion before the time to give an answer to that Senpai?! In addition we have Naho putting the answer in the locker instead of telling directly to him....

Omg.... c'mon.... seriously?
TechOtakuSep 26, 2016 8:14 PM
Sep 29, 2016 10:50 AM

May 2012
Damn that was great! Just love the bittersweetness of the progression of the story! Especially the whole combination of going back and forwards in time!
Oct 12, 2016 6:07 PM

Jun 2010
Another good one. The show is full of emotion and it made me feel very sad. :(
It's just very sad how some people act like they're completely fine, but deep down they feel like they're in a dead end. :(

Loved it when Kakeru asked if it's okay to date that girl. And she said no.
Even tho I wonder why date someone if you're not really interested.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2016 10:42 PM

Jul 2015
Phewww, that ending almost had me tearing up, but I barely made it. Anyways, I'm really curious as to know how she's sending/how she sent those letters to her, uhh, 'younger' self.. Also, I'm curious as to know what that "accident" was that killed Kakeru. It seems like he really did commit suicide, and that he followed in his mom's footsteps.

caught in the wonder
Nov 9, 2016 3:55 AM

Jun 2016
Didn't enjoy this episode much. Kakeru, what an idiot! He doesn't have to date anyone unless he has feelings.
It is like 'Naho, do you like someone? No? Well, then I will go out with Ueda.' As if he can't sit still. Total nonsense.
Nov 11, 2016 2:45 PM
Nov 2016
I think the suspense at the end of it was really good, I needed a moment to think before realising he committed suicide :'( AH THE FEELS
Nov 12, 2016 7:58 PM
Jul 2015
Okay I heard all of what they wanted to be in the future but between Naho and the ponytail girl which one wanted to be in Nursery teacher also what was Naho dream
Nov 15, 2016 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
MY EYES ARE SWEATING
I CANT GO THRU THIS TWICE OH NO
Nov 27, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 2016
i have cried every single episode this is not okay
Dec 30, 2016 9:13 PM

Mar 2015
So it's revealed he may not have died in an accident huh.. looking forward to finding out what happened!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 17, 2017 9:46 AM
Jul 2012
earthstring said:
I cried like a baby in the part of the letter.
The story is getting very interesting, can't wait to see more!

me toooooooooo T^T
Jan 19, 2017 7:23 AM

May 2013
Aaawwww ;A; poor Naho bby. It's okei. You've still got Suwa x) I think he's more deserving of you (so far, anyways).

I wonder why Kakeru committed suicide <:( I hope he becomes happier this time around and doesn't conclude to that decision ><
Kokoro_KotashimaJan 19, 2017 8:03 AM
Jul 25, 2017 6:36 PM
Jun 2017
I don't tend to watch dramas all that often because they annoy me for some reason, but this was the best episode so far. It sort of reminded me of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Will Naho be able to change the future? My bet is no.
Oct 31, 2017 5:29 AM

Dec 2015
God, she can't even follow simple instructions to save her friend's life, she's so damn useless...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 22, 2018 12:08 AM

Dec 2012
Kakeru joined the soccer club...because of Suwa.
So that red head that was watching before was a senpai. Her name is Ueda.
Naho has a sister?
Ueda says she's going to watch Kakeru's practice again.
Who the fuck waking up at 5 just to call another person to wake up?
Ueda confesses her feelings to Kakeru? Oh shit! Kakeru starts going out with Ueda.
Kakeru asks Naho if she likes someone.
Kakeru likes Ueda's looks.
Ueda appears. Kakeru says he'll think about it.
LMAO at the message asking Naho if he should go out with Ueda.
LMAO Ueda appears before Kakeru again wanting an answer.
Ueda is smiling. Kakeru said yes.
Dat No.
lol at all their dreams.
Kakeru's letter.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 27, 2019 1:04 AM

Nov 2018
TE FUTURE HAS CHANGED!... and not so much for the better.
Jun 24, 2019 5:47 PM
Mar 2017
After reading through some of the reactions to this episode, I feel as through people are being too critical about the logistics of things, such as the note Kakeru left in the eraser. I don't actually believe he left the note thinking she would see it at the moment/day, it seemed as though he was contemplating it himself and somewhat opened up to Naho without expecting a response.
Also, a lot of people were getting upset over the fact that she can't follow simple instructions even though she stated that letters aren't enough to magically change someone's personality. She is a teenager, and even with the guidance of letters she is still naive and growing into who she is as a person. Naho still has internal struggles despite knowing the outcome of his life, she doesn't know what will or will not come out of her actions, even if her future self regrets it. It's simple butterfly effect theory; Naho doing even one thing that she regretted not doing in the future would/should essentially be enough to change all of their lives/futures.

This episode made me very emotional during their reunion scene, and I am excited to continue watching.
Mar 16, 2020 9:52 PM

Aug 2018
Dude, Future Naho is so pretty af!

Maybe just maybe if she confess to Kakeru before Ueda and they got in relationship.... theres a possibility that he wont commit "suicide" (its still not sure how he died so) and also maybe one of the reason he suicide because of having with relationship with Ueda.

but i still want Naho to be Suwa because hes the one who really understand Naho.Also they had a baby in the future so its so selfish to leave the baby and Suwa just to be with Kakeru in the past.

This is really intersting on how will things sort out.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 22, 2020 1:17 AM

Mar 2016
best episode so far, the ending made me cry so much that i'm slightly afraid of what's to come on the following episodes.
Jun 3, 2020 10:48 PM
Oct 2019
Well, that was good. Emotional. Kakeru knew.

Other than him zoning out at the vending machine this episode, they haven't really shown anything that makes him look like something's wrong/he's depressed though. So I can't blame the friends for not noticing. Plus, they're still just teenagers. You don't really "know" those types of things. And yes, I get that he might just be masking depression (his mother did die...) with a smile.

This is a good show. There's no doubt I'm going to continue to really enjoy it. At this point, I'm just hoping that Kakeru lives and the show "sticks" the ending. A lot of really good shows have endings that go completely off the rails and cause my overall rating of the show to drop a peg or two.
Mar 1, 2021 12:47 AM

Feb 2015
I'm a bit frustrated that Naho has a literal road map written out for her from her future self telling her how to fix things yet she is just too indecisive and passive to do what she needs to. I wonder what drove Kakeru to suicide.

Mar 7, 2021 9:24 AM

Jun 2020
In tears ㅠㅡㅠ

I wonder how are the different timelines going to merge since it seems like there are noticeable differences after Naho’s actions. He was able to taste her cooking, know how she felt about him dating Ueda, and maybe not directly from her actions but he joined the soccer club too, it didn’t seem like that changed in the present timeline considering the letter? Unless it’s not a parallel timeline with the one that was being narrated.

And is everything Naho is doing not enough to save him? She’s playing god, can she really change the future..... I think what pains me watching this is how sad it is that many would want such a chance to “redo” certain defying moments in our life & erase our regrets. But sadly such is life. We can’t redo time. I wonder how the story is going to play out.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 16, 2021 3:12 PM
Oct 2019
I don’t always get annoyed with characters but Naho already has some instructions which she knows has some legitimacy. The letter says to check the note which future Naho regrets not finding. So there is some significance there. She had the eraser and cover right in her hands. It’s not like she needed to decrypt a message so I cannot understand why she could not take half a second to take off that cover. It’s not like she couldn’t spare those few seconds between getting called and actually going. I’m sure cleaning the classroom is not that urgent that you couldn’t spare a few seconds, at the very at least, check the nature of the content, since you know, your future self took the trouble to write a letter to prevent the death of a close friend.

Sorry, love the show, love Naho. But that one tiny inaction got me really frustrated, I needed to let it out.
Oct 24, 2021 7:02 PM

Jan 2021
Seems pretty clear that the mom's death is the start of a slippery slope that leads to Kakeru's heavily implied suicide.

Then you have Kakeru who seems to long for motherly actions like getting homemade lunches and being woken up like a mom would do.

There's a possibility that his relationship with the other girl won't be a healthy one and it might be the thing that makes him snap in the long run? It seems to be a pretty one-sided relationship. He seems to love Naho but his love is not reciprocated so he just decided to go with the other girl.

Maybe Naho eventually hooking up with the other guy is the thing that makes him snap? Maybe he gets rejected by Naho at some point and that's the trigger.

Also with the mother no longer around, does he have a dad? Maybe his father doesn't treat him well or is not really active in his life.

There's so many things to take into account here. I guess we'll see the whole picture eventually. At any rate, at least there's some sort of good/bad balance in the current timeline so maybe he will be able to survive.
Jan 3, 2022 7:16 AM

Aug 2014
she is dumb.. her future self also ;o

why she didn't read his question earlier if she knew.. omg

and she could write more details in that letter..

anyway I hope they will explain this time things I hate it when it is not explained in time travel stories... it is like author was unable to explain his fantasy

the story is getting better for now...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 17, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2021
This episode was really great too. Roller coaster of feelings is still the best way to descibe this episode. It got a little sad at the end there when we found out that Kakeru dying wasn't an accident. This anime is going in the direction of showing an individual suffering from depression I guess. There aren't any other animes I've watched that go in this direction. Someone needed to make an anime regarding this.

Though what I don't like is that they still haven't explained how the mechanics of these letters reaching 16 year old Naho works, I hope it's cleared in next episodes.

Looking forward to next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 25, 2022 6:26 AM

Jan 2021
I don't know what to say, this is really sad.

"Too late" Naho was late to reply, Kakeru was late to read Naho's reply and the group was too late to save Kakeru.

Although to be honest, I'm a bit annoyed because why doesn't Naho try to be honest that she actually likes Kakeru? After all, Kakeru asked her that, it means he has hope in Naho, right? It's like... ah.. Naho... :"(

Also, that senpai? I don't know what role and influence she has on Kakeru's future but I don't like her, at least until now.
hanakocheeksFeb 25, 2022 6:31 AM

Mar 8, 2022 7:18 PM
Jun 2021
3 Ep in and my heart is pumping out of my chest and I already almost cried.
Nov 23, 2022 3:19 PM
Nov 2022
THIS SHOW IS A ROLLERCOASTER OF EMOTIONS AND I CANT COMPREHEND IT ALL AHHHHHHHHHH
Dec 2, 2022 2:56 AM

Nov 2022
As each episode passes I grow more certain that the purpose of the letters are to ease her future regrets, not actually save Kakeru. The idea that future Naho traced whatever accident occurred back through a years worth of tiny events seems unlikely but it makes sense if her aim is to make the most of her time with him.
Mar 19, 2023 7:11 PM
Mar 2023
we get to dive deeper into Naho's feelings for Kakeru, i liked this episode a lot especially for the end when we get to see how everyone's future selves were feeling
Mar 3, 11:30 AM

Dec 2023
ORANGES FINALLY MENTIONED ٩(^ᗜ^ )و ´-
Mar 23, 1:45 AM
Jul 2021
emotional. That is all. Just emotional
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

235 by Assassin2112 »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.