Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 19, 2016 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
Ejc said:
YayaChibi said:
Finally. Eventually they might adapt the rest of the series if madhouse gets a shitton of profit from the movie.

Read this please:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1534313&show=100#msg46970985

Madhouse will get nothing but the initial payment to animate the product, assuming they are not on the production committee again.

I feel Madhouse will be on the committee if they're animating it, I dont remember madhouse ever producing a theatrical work without being on IP/Committee

plus Madhouse has been on all prod commitees for their anime since last year, so....
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jul 19, 2016 8:47 PM

Nov 2007
YayaChibi said:
Ejc said:

Read this please:

Madhouse will get nothing but the initial payment to animate the product, assuming they are not on the production committee again.

Okay then
I don't know what madhouse is thinking when it comes to money...
They must love their job.

It is actually a fairly common thing for studios to be subcontracted for animation purposes, except for the biggest studios (who are often very high on the production committee). The pros for studios is that they don't take risk in case the project bombs and they secure payment prior to even starting the animation process. The cons for studios is that they don't get a slice of any profits if the project is a success, and they have less freedom on the direction of the animation process as the production committee members mostly dictate this.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 19, 2016 9:44 PM
Dec 2014
Ejc said:
except for the biggest studios (who are often very high on the production committee)

Such as ??? Because I`d really like to know more about this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2016 3:38 AM

Jan 2015
So hype!!
It'll be one of the best anime movies ever!!!
Jul 20, 2016 3:51 AM
May 2015
time to get ready to watch this during the daytime cuz the anime pretty much blinded me with all the vibrant colors lol
Jul 20, 2016 6:19 AM
Aug 2011
I have a feeling it won't be Madhouse

Madhouse publicly took the fall for using stolen art from Pixiv in the TV anime. They lost face. Later, the original author was separately accused of plagiraising a huge pile of art for his book illustrations: all of it was by Pixiv artists. So we have two entirely "unrelated" art-stealing scandals, which both involve the same art source and a franchise by the same artist/author.

Madhouse have never been accused of plagiarizing pixiv before, nor have I ever heard of any anime project having that problem in other projects. Only the project that Yuu Kamiya was the original creator. Not a coincidence! The jerk made Madhouse take the fall for his shitty ethics. Along with selling out their basic principles for a quick buck.

Just a theory, but I think this is why they didn't announce anything about which studio is making the movie. If the same company is making the TV anime and movie, normally that gets flagged right away because it's a big selling point for fans.
cipheronJul 20, 2016 6:27 AM
Jul 20, 2016 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
cipheron said:
I have a feeling it won't be Madhouse

Madhouse publicly took the fall for using stolen art from Pixiv in the TV anime. They lost face. Later, the original author was separately accused of plagiraising a huge pile of art for his book illustrations: all of it was by Pixiv artists. So we have two entirely "unrelated" art-stealing scandals, which both involve the same art source and a franchise by the same artist/author.

Madhouse have never been accused of plagiarizing pixiv before, nor have I ever heard of any anime project having that problem in other projects. Only the project that Yuu Kamiya was the original creator. Not a coincidence! The jerk made Madhouse take the fall for his shitty ethics. Along with selling out their basic principles for a quick buck.

Just a theory, but I think this is why they didn't announce anything about which studio is making the movie. If the same company is making the TV anime and movie, normally that gets flagged right away because it's a big selling point for fans.

1) It wasnt stolen pixiv art. It was a magic circle used in one of backgrounds in an episode. when the artist pointed it out, Madhouse & NGNL's production team/committee openly apologized & removed the circle from BDs.

2) The whole tracing scam is just a hoax to put dirt on the author. The original pictures were edited to look as if traced.

The japanese audience recognised it quick & didnt give a shit, neither should you. It only became a buzz point on internet outside japan.

3) It's mostly going to be MadHouse, write that down. If the studio is changed they'll have to change the key staffers as Directors, photography & such.

Jul 20, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
Lol those "scandals" never ever had any influence on the japanese markets. They're just from a website that want to grab peoples' attention, and then the western anime fans of NGNL gossiped about it and scared themselves for no reason about potential consequences, keeping those rumours alive on a few western websites.

If some peoples here are not yet aware, japanese market don't give a s*** about some rumours on english boards xD.
Jul 20, 2016 3:06 PM

Dec 2012
H-X-H said:
Ejc said:
except for the biggest studios (who are often very high on the production committee)

Studios like Toei or Sunrise, or Pierrot, etc
Jul 20, 2016 3:49 PM

Jun 2013
tsudecimo said:
H-X-H said:

Studios like Toei or Sunrise, or Pierrot, etc

throw in TMS, KyoAni, IG in there too.

Studios like Shaft, bones, Madhouse are in prod commitees too but they're usually last.

Jul 21, 2016 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
Sasuga Madhouse

(posting in legendary thread, no shame)
Jul 21, 2016 3:24 PM

Aug 2014
Fuk the movie, I want at least 2 more seasons. Then i'll be satisfied. #ARASHIKNOWSBEST
Jul 22, 2016 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
moodie said:
NGNL is the only good madhouse anime of the last 5 years. Im happy for this. This and mahouka is proof that madhouse should stop making shit like opm and parasyte and more light novels.
I can't tell if this post is serious or not.
Knowing you though, it's scary to think that you actually might be for real...
Jul 22, 2016 2:04 PM

Sep 2013
Ejc said:
YayaChibi said:
Finally. Eventually they might adapt the rest of the series if madhouse gets a shitton of profit from the movie.

Read this please:

not being in the production comittee does not mean that Madhouse will see nothing from NGNL's success ..the director and the character designer of NGNL are both from Madhouse..and they both get a percentage of the money of the disc sales..
and Madhouse could still get money from merchandise if a PVC figure uses the anime design created by them..but not that much compared to what they could've earned if they were in the P.Comitte

http://goboiano.com/original/3607-here%2527s-how-money-is-actually-made-in-anime

Anime studios are contractors. Once the production committee forms and decides on an anime to make, they'll scout out anime studios and offer them the chance to work on the series. The studios are given the budget money to work on the show, and they start their magic.

But how do they make their money? This is where things get tricky. Studios like Madhouse will split the Blu-ray and DVD profits with the distributor who is on the committee (like Pony Canyon). They may split profits with merchandisers too, if a PVC figure uses the anime design created by Madhouse. The amount of profit is low, which is why studios try to save money by hiring freelancers and working on multiple series a season.

Studios like Kyoto Animation and Sunrise are powerful enough to sit in on production committees. They can essentially invest their own money in the shows they are working on, so they keep a bigger chunk of the profits.

Kyoto Animation also does more than anime; they are a manga and light novel publisher and they run their own store in Kyoto. However, it is worth noting that they are the exception.
Jul 22, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2015
I still haven't watched the anime. is it any good ?
Jul 22, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2013
Kurai_Tachibana said:
I still haven't watched the anime. is it any good ?
based on your list..there is no way you'll give it less than at least 8/10 after watching it..
Jul 23, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2011
as long as it's more content like the chess episode and less of well..the rest i'm okay with this honestly can't remember much besides that
Jul 23, 2016 1:47 PM
Apr 2015
Are you guys stupid it says they are adapting volume 6 but you keep saying "I hope they adapt volume 6".
Jul 24, 2016 12:54 AM

May 2009
IIm_Clutch said:
Are you guys stupid it says they are adapting volume 6 but you keep saying "I hope they adapt volume 6".

Or maybe you weren't clever enough to figure this information was not confirmed when the news came out.
Jul 24, 2016 4:30 AM
Apr 2015
Djidji said:
IIm_Clutch said:

Or maybe you weren't clever enough to figure this information was not confirmed when the news came out.
Then they need to start doing like other websites and put an tab that says, Update, when more news come out
Jul 25, 2016 6:21 PM
Jul 2016
I haven't finish the series but I love the animation
Jul 27, 2016 5:02 AM
Apr 2016
Im so excited and i just can't hide it.

I really hope madhouse are the one's to make it like the series. If not i might be sad
Jul 27, 2016 7:35 AM

Mar 2012
A second season would've been better, but this is better than nothing I guess
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Jul 27, 2016 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
I'm hype for it! Sure, a second season would have been great. I'd love to see how this movie is going to go, though.
Jul 30, 2016 4:25 AM
Apr 2016
Okay here is what i'm concerned about. It say that it will be adapting volumes 6 however the first season of the anime covered volumes 1-3. Are they just cutting out the 4th and 5th volumes or is there something coming before it. I 'd rather no have a huge gap in the story.
Jul 30, 2016 4:52 AM
Jul 2016
Ckan said:
Not the overpowered brother-sister combo I was hoping for.

I love that combo and the animation
Jul 30, 2016 6:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Otaku_Joe said:
Okay here is what i'm concerned about. It say that it will be adapting volumes 6 however the first season of the anime covered volumes 1-3. Are they just cutting out the 4th and 5th volumes or is there something coming before it. I 'd rather no have a huge gap in the story.
As has been said tons of times in this thread already, volume 6 is a prequel story taking place several thousand years prior to the events of the first season, so it's fairly standalone. You don't need to read volumes 4 & 5 first
Jul 30, 2016 8:13 AM

Jan 2014
i hope this to be adapted into a sequel but its better than nothing
Jul 30, 2016 4:08 PM
Apr 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Otaku_Joe said:
As has been said tons of times in this thread already, volume 6 is a prequel story taking place several thousand years prior to the events of the first season, so it's fairly standalone. You don't need to read volumes 4 & 5 first
Oh, okay sorry. I wasn't aware of that.
Aug 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2015
Hyped for it!
I am pretty much alright with it that it's 'just' a movie as long it's not a recap of the first season I'll be looking forward to it.
Aug 7, 2016 11:46 PM

Aug 2016
Would have liked a new season but hey that's cool.
Aug 8, 2016 7:28 AM
Aug 2016
ultravigo said:
holy shit hype!!!..not a tv series but still i'm happy
gotta love these salty tears present in this thread

the feels man, the feels
Sep 12, 2016 4:47 PM

Aug 2016
Sorry if i missed it, but when does this movie release?
Who is this "Samurai who smells of Sunflowers"?
-Jin, Samurai Champloo
Sep 13, 2016 9:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
MrDecline said:
Sorry if i missed it, but when does this movie release?
Hasn't been announced yet, but probably around mid-2017 I'd reckon
Nov 18, 2016 12:32 PM
Jul 2015
When it will be launched??

Maybe in 2017??

Waaah!! I don't want to wait so long!!
Feb 12, 2017 4:03 PM
May 2016
IS IT ALMOST HERE YET?! 2017?! CMON BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG.
Feb 12, 2017 10:06 PM

May 2014
Should be a good watch. Like to see what they cover with the movies.
Feb 13, 2017 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
JesterZelfer said:
Should be a good watch. Like to see what they cover with the movies.

Already announced in the thread. Volume 6 for the movie.
Feb 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
Randomwater said:

the wait has been killing me too. I bet after I watch this I'll be thirsty for more like when I 1st finished the anime I went directly to the 3rd light novel; so after watching this movie I'll go straight to the 7th LN
Feb 14, 2017 9:06 PM
May 2016
Super-Milk-Chan said:
Randomwater said:

the wait has been killing me too. I bet after I watch this I'll be thirsty for more like when I 1st finished the anime I went directly to the 3rd light novel; so after watching this movie I'll go straight to the 7th LN

The 7th ln is pretty confusing to be honest. The sixth one (one they are adapting into a movie) is the best light novel in the series, in my opinion. It finally explains the premise and everything before Sora and Shiro came and how Tet came to be.
Feb 15, 2017 4:12 PM

Jul 2015
Randomwater said:
Super-Milk-Chan said:

The 7th ln is pretty confusing to be honest. The sixth one (one they are adapting into a movie) is the best light novel in the series, in my opinion. It finally explains the premise and everything before Sora and Shiro came and how Tet came to be.

Sweet yeah I remember when I started reading the light novels after I finished the anime not all the volumes out at the time were fully translated yet, so I only read up to 5 and a half volumes.

So even though I haven't finished it from where I'm at I think this movie is going to be amazing~
Feb 16, 2017 2:29 AM
Dec 2016
THE HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 17, 2017 3:46 AM

Sep 2007
Yes!! Finally. :D
Feb 24, 2017 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
Could be original. Or could be a volume 4-5 rushed. Or... volume 6. If it's volume 6, then that's awesome.

how can you be so sure
Feb 25, 2017 9:19 AM

May 2009
lightline said:
Zefyris said:
Could be original. Or could be a volume 4-5 rushed. Or... volume 6. If it's volume 6, then that's awesome.

how can you be so sure

The announcement shows an image of the two main characters of the 6th volume.
(And it was confirmed later)
Feb 25, 2017 6:27 PM

Apr 2013
lightline said:
Zefyris said:

how can you be so sure

Sure about what? that the chocie is awesome or that it will be volume 6?
If the later then it was already officially confirmed. If the former then volume 6 is the perfect choice for a movie, and it's by far the best volume of this franchise quality wise. So of course it's an awesome choice for a NGNL movie. On top of this putting volume 6 as a stand alone movie solves a proble mthat was making having a second season of NGNL difficult, now with the volume 6 put as a movie this opens the door for a second season, so lots of benefits for the fans of NGNL (I'm personally not really interested in a second season, contrary to the movie, but fans will definitely like the fact that making a movie out of volume 6 makes the possibility of a second season far more realistic than it was until now)
Mar 7, 2017 3:33 PM
Mar 2017
Just because of the image and the name (zero) itz of couse that is the volume 6 of LN series and i would like to watch the Disboard's past, and about Riku and Shuvi too, and how Tet became the True God
Mar 22, 2017 3:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well at least we finally have a release date:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-03-22/no-game-no-life-zero-anime-film-slated-for-july-15/.113740

So I guess around Christmas or shortly thereafter for the BDs
May 6, 2017 3:03 AM
Aug 2016
No game no life is one of my favorites and if not then its my top #1 anime so i cant wait
May 30, 2017 10:36 AM
May 2017
Can't wait for this to come out
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

25 by ZXEAN »»
16 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
7 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.