Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 16, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2016
I read the FMA manga for two reasons:

1. I wanted to read a manga for once.
2. There were two anime, and I understand why/how they are different. Still, I wanted to see the original story before the adaptations to preserve its integrity, in a sense.

It's been a good while since then, and now that FMA: Brotherhood finally kicked Gintama out of the number one spot on MAL, I'm thinking on joining the FMA bandwagon. Does anyone think it's really worth it, seeing how I already know the story?

*Also, if I do watch FMA, I plan on watching the original adaptation, waiting a few months or so, and then watching Brotherhood. More anime that way.
Jul 16, 2016 6:02 PM

May 2015
watch the original. It's the best anything.

You don't need to watch Brotherhood, it's a slightly worse version of the manga. You can go back to cool manga scenes in Brotherhood format though because some of the best scenes are given good attention.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 16, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2016
Alright im fuckn triggered,You think the Goat gintama is gonna stay number 2.You're dreaming boy anyway watch FMA:B fuck the original.
Jul 16, 2016 6:06 PM

Oct 2014
I don't know if you will like FMA 2003 since it doesnt stick to the Manga but I've heard good things about it because its theme is really dark. But you really should watch FMA:B, great soundtracks, good voice acting and it's really well paced + dem feels ;_;
Jul 16, 2016 6:06 PM

Jul 2016
watch both fma and fmab since they both have their highlights. also Gintama ftw.
Jul 16, 2016 6:14 PM

May 2015
LeWeebJames said:
Alright im fuckn triggered,You think the Goat gintama is gonna stay number 2.You're dreaming boy anyway watch FMA:B fuck the original.

gintama is going to stay number 2 until the mods delete all the accounts of everyone triggered by an anime being in the top spot
>fuck the original
alright, look, I thought your comments were pretty funny bro, I liked you, but you just fucking crossed a line. Stick your head in a oven and bake yourself to death.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 16, 2016 6:20 PM

Jan 2016
RainyRai said:
LeWeebJames said:

gintama is going to stay number 2 until the mods delete all the accounts of everyone triggered by an anime being in the top spot
>fuck the original
alright, look, I thought your comments were pretty funny bro, I liked you, but you just fucking crossed a line. Stick your head in a oven and bake yourself to death.
MIGHT ASWELL SINCE GINTAMA DROPPED.ok i change my mind OP watch the original fuck FMA:B.
Jul 16, 2016 6:21 PM

May 2016
Gotta watch 'em both. FMA 2003 gives a lot of character development to some of the more likable minor characters (Hughes and Sheska, namely) because Bones had nowhere to go and decided to flesh the cast out some more, and the main characters get an almost comical amount of development themselves. The plot really shits the bed after episode 32, and they had absolutely no clue what to do with Sloth or Dante, so FMA 2003 cruises like a boss before swerving into a telephone pole.

Brotherhood is pretty fuckin' awesome from episode 13 onwards, but getting to that point is pretty rough because Bones figures that you've already seen the 2003 series, so they basically fast-forward until we hit the initial fight with Greed. The cast is a lot larger than 2003's, but they also don't get the under-the-microscope treatment 2003's cast did--they're all still great characters, but they're not as great.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jul 16, 2016 6:37 PM

Jun 2015
Watch the original for a new story. Watch Brotherhood for the story you just read animated. Make your choice, bruh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.